Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

12 minutes ago, Bubba Jones said:

I can also add that the expansion pass doesn’t add that much right now, there are a lot of early to late game benefits it gives you but they aren’t really necessary to finishing the game.  There are some more side quests but they lack story substance but they do give you a substantial reward.  The only thing nice about it right now is the extra blade and quest with it.  Don’t feel you have to have it to fully enjoy the game.

When you start a new game the blade gacha system will put you on one of four rng tables to make each playthrough unique as far as what blades you get.

Explore - a lot.  Take your time while playing.  The game puts a lot of emphasis on exploration and discovery so wandering around finding chests and new locations is something you will be spending a lot of time doing.

You should also expect to find overleveled adversaries best avoided, there’s a over 80 optional boss in a early game area.  You can also find areas you shouldn’t be capable of exploring when you first find them because the enemies are levels tougher than you.  This is something of a tradition in Xenoblade games.

The pacing is also very slow, it will be several chapters before everything unlocks.  The story is also slow moving until around mid game.  This is very much a ymmv game you may not like it, you may enjoy it a lot, you may just like it enough for a playthrough and shelf it.

Yeah, I know about the expansion pass. But I see.

Yeah, I was going to explore a lot since I know the overworld is big.

Figured that as much too since I've seen a little gameplay in videos.

What's "ymmv?"

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's "ymmv?"

Your mileage may vary 

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's "ymmv?"

Your mileage may vary, or people vary about liking or hating something.

So the 1.4.1 patch. Fixed some bugs and added in some new quests for Expansion Pass holders. One of those quests rewards you with the Love Source and the ability to produce more of them. This grants 3000 Trust points so now it's extremely easy to reach S+ rank on your Blades.

The only downside is that you need a key item that, while farmable, you can only carry one at a time. You get it in the Sealed Quarry in Tantal and if you already found the Airborne Throne, you can warp to that and then it takes like a minute to get to the Sealed Quarry from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we're getting a prequel dlc with a new cast of characters and at least one more Titan. 

That Morgan looking boy is definitely the ancestor of Morag and Niall. Of course he is, he looks like Niall's lost lost twin brother. Its a shame they used the Japanese version. I would like to hear Malos' epic English voice again. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Oh, and I suppose it's worth noting separately that Torna: The Golden Country is getting a physical standalone release, which doesn't include the main game (but it does include a download code for the Expansion Pass if you do have the main game).

Edited by Lightchao42

I wasn't too hyped for the dlc news when I heard the leak, but the trailer rekindled my hype. Adam finally loses the hood, loli Hinoka gets something to do and Not Niall could be interesting.

The only downside is more Jin, but that can't be avoided I suppose.

The Battle System is a bit different for this one.

Instead of switching between Blades you now switch between Driver and Blades for Arts. The Driver themselves have different weapons and Arts.
Like the base game people can have multiple Blades (Lora has Jin and a Wind one, probably Fan).

Our cast this time are:
- Addam (Lightning Element) with Mythra (of course); he has a standard longsword (not the Aegis blade)
- Lora (Fire Element) with Jin; she fights ... Street Fighter style? She kicks and punches around.
- Emperor Hugo (???) with Brighid and Aegaeon (seen briefly in the fight scene with Malos); he fights with Sword and Shield.

Didn't understand sth  I own the physical edition of the game. But I want to buy the retail of the story, will I get an undependent story game or the whole expansion pass? Can someone help explain how it will work what the retail will contain and stuff I am confused a lot.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Didn't understand sth  I own the physical edition of the game. But I want to buy the retail of the story, will I get an undependent story game or the whole expansion pass? Can someone help explain how it will work what the retail will contain and stuff I am confused a lot.

Buying the retail version of Torna gets you a code with the Season Pass and the story DLC. As in, you can play it without having the full game. 

Just now, SuperNova125 said:

Just to clarify the code works with the game?

The code works with the main game. You can't play the Expansion Pass without the main game. However, the physical version of Torna allows you to play that part of the DLC without the need for the main game.

6 minutes ago, Aura Of Twilight said:

Any theories on how long the story dlc will be compared to the journey of Rex and company? I hope its as long as XB1 at least, but that could be a pipe dream on my part. 

I don't think it'll be that long. I expect 40-50 hours. Add in the possible sidequests and i see 60-70 hours.

Full artwork

Dfllb1HVMAAPtR0.jpgDfllb1HUwAEjuxE.png

AHHHHH, I LOVE THIS

57 minutes ago, Sire said:

Challenge Mode is coming Friday! I can't wait to try out Shulk and Fiora, as well as all the costumes!

Regarding the costumes, the downside to them is that it does take up an Accessory Slot, making it more convenient to use them during New Game+ where you can have three slots.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Regarding the costumes, the downside to them is that it does take up an Accessory Slot, making it more convenient to use them during New Game+ where you can have three slots.

Yeah, the fact they take up an accessory slot sucks, but they do have an effect. (Pyra's Gormott costume is like 30% Fusion Combo Boost if I recall correctly.)

I'm also on NG+, so it taking up an accessory slot is not that big of a deal. I can always take it off if I want to go full optimization. It would have been nice if it was separate entirely though...

There sure are a lot of costumes available. The costumes, Shulk, and Fiora make the Expansion Pass a very tempting buy at this point, but I also want to get the physical version of the Torna DLC. Decisions, decisions...

Though personally I expected Mecha-Fiora instead of "normal" Fiora because nobody is ever tired of spoiling that.

One thing I noticed from the trailer is that the (presumed) Emperor of More Ardain is wearing a suit of armor, as opposed to Morag and Niall's more WWI era military uniforms. Could this mean that technology in general is scaled down from the base game?

2 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

One thing I noticed from the trailer is that the (presumed) Emperor of More Ardain is wearing a suit of armor, as opposed to Morag and Niall's more WWI era military uniforms. Could this mean that technology in general is scaled down from the base game?

It could just be that Mor Ardain, at that time, wasn't as technologically advanced. Because in the main story, they do mention that the two most advanced nations during the Aegis War were Torna and Judicium, the former focusing on mechanical technology while the latter excelled in biotech.