Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Enemies with attacks that can virtually one shot your part is something they start throwing out at you from this point on. It's pretty bullshit. Especially with the final boss. The best way to avoid it that I found was to initiate a chain attack when they're in the middle of performing their super attack. The chain attack should either interupt them or give you some weird immunity for just a few seconds.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's not the only requirement. The Affinity Link has to be maxed out (so when the link is gold).

Reveal hidden contents

Btw, Pneuma is a spoiler so you might wanna edit that.

Not counting Superbosses, i think that this only applies to the Infernal Guldo in Morytha and of course, the final boss. Normal enemies can't really one-shot you like that.

You can also avoid it with a Lv.4 Special or a Lv.3 Blade Combo.

... thanks for the warning!

I still have to get a level 4 special.

I have to admit the cave and Morytha are the most annoying parts of the game.
I mentioned my issues with that cave beneath Fontess earlier.
The problem I had with Morytha was that pretty much the enemies were spawning close to you in purpose, so it was incredibly hard to avoid them.
And if they got you, there is almost no chance to escape them because of their throw back attack.
And if you are willing to fight them, you will be undermanned.
It is still less likely to die than by trying to run away of them, but these fights are still tedious and timeconsuming.

I hope the world's tree will become a bit better designed dungeon / field.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just started chapter 10. Since I only have read rumors it shall be the last chapter, and I do not know what is going on (also in terms of length), I guess it would be right time to ask for some preparation tips for the final like equipment, cores, blades etc...

(In a spoiler please!!!)

I only am aware of a oneshot-kill attack of the final blade.

Of course I will do some sidequests (mainly the ones which give experience).

Also is it worth to buy that 500000 gold core in Gormott?

7 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Also is it worth to buy that 500000 gold core in Gormott?

If you awaken the Blade and talk to the shop owner afterward with it out, you get half the money back.

But this Blade requires you to have, I believe, a lot of gold that goes up to a million gold to unlock her abilities and finally her quest.

53 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But this Blade requires you to have, I believe, a lot of gold that goes up to a million gold to unlock her abilities and finally her quest.

Which isn't very hard to do. Just buy a bunch of Gold Cylinders, salvage in Argentum and sell the loot at trading posts. You get like 200K every 10 minutes.

8 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

I guess it would be right time to ask for some preparation tips for the final like equipment, cores, blades etc...

This isn't a spoiler but the final boss can call for reinforcements so put a Dark Orb on it. A Dark -> Dark -> Dark or a Water -> Water -> Dark Blade combo should do it. I think there are other ways of getting a Dark Orb but i don't remember.

I thought farming for gold was best at the Old Factory Warehouse Salvage Point in Mor Ardain? At least, I think that's where I farmed for gold when I played way back when.

Edited by Sire
Clarification Stuffs

13 hours ago, Sire said:

I thought farming for gold was best at the Old Factory Warehouse in Mor Ardain? At least, I think that's where I farmed for gold when I played way back when.

Maybe that's another method, i just find the salveging method to be the easiest. Plus, it also raises country dev points so you kill too birds with one stone.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Maybe that's another method, i just find the salvaging method to be the easiest. Plus, it also raises country dev points so you kill too birds with one stone.

I meant the savaging point at the Old Warehouse, so yeah. I edited my post to reflect it.

Edited by Sire

Good news, everyone! An artbook for Xenoblade 2 has been announced for Japan, releasing in February. Here's an Amazon listing if you are interested, and here's the cover designed by Saito, featuring the leading ladies:

Dw7_rZPUYAAdFn0.jpg:large

Hopefully it will be translated and released outside Japan, like Fire Emblem Awakening's artbook was.

Spoiler

And if we're lucky, maybe it will even have official artwork of Coffee with Milk.

Edited by Lightchao42

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good news, everyone! An artbook for Xenoblade 2 has been announced for Japan, releasing in February. Here's an Amazon listing if you are interested, and here's the cover designed by Saito, featuring the leading ladies:

Dw7_rZPUYAAdFn0.jpg:large

Hopefully it will be translated and released outside Japan, like Fire Emblem Awakening's artbook was.

Hide contents

And if we're lucky, maybe it will even have official artwork of Coffee with Milk.

Spoiler

Pneuma artwork is literally all i want, please deliver Monolith Soft.

Aww... hopefully it will make it to the west sometime. It looks beautiful, I really want that artbook.

On 13.1.2019 at 7:25 PM, Armagon said:

Which isn't very hard to do. Just buy a bunch of Gold Cylinders, salvage in Argentum and sell the loot at trading posts. You get like 200K every 10 minutes.

This isn't a spoiler but the final boss can call for reinforcements so put a Dark Orb on it. A Dark -> Dark -> Dark or a Water -> Water -> Dark Blade combo should do it. I think there are other ways of getting a Dark Orb but i don't remember.

I do not quite understand the comtent betweem the dark orb and the reinforcements.

PS: I have rarely used blade with dark affinity yet due to lack of having ones with 3* rarity or higher, so I have no real knowledge about the abilites of dark blades.

9 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

I do not quite understand the comtent betweem the dark orb and the reinforcements.

Dark Orbs have the Seal Reinforcement effect. As long as it's the latest Orb to be added, the enemy can't reinforcements.

Spoiler

You need just one Dark Blade. Alternatively, Pneuma can do the Dark Blade Combo as well.

I suppose an international release for the artbook depends on whether or not a publisher wants to take it or not. Dark Horse Comics has published several Nintendo artbooks in the past (including Hyrule Historia, the Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, the Art of Fire Emblem Awakening, and the Art of Splatoon), and since Xenoblade is more popular nowadays I don't think an English release is completely implausible. Even if it takes a few years.

But in the meantime we just have to see if the artbook has new lore in it, like Siren's model kit did.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

This question might be a bit early for not having completed Xeno2 yet (still doing sidequests), but is it recommended to buy the Torna part?

Are you enjoying Xenoblade 2 enough to not regret buying it and can afford to spend twenty bucks on another game? If yes, then sure, buy it. If no, then why even ask? In other words, Torna is half a (rather long) game for half the price. It's quality is about even to Xenoblade 2 (and some would be of the opinion that the battle system is superior, although there's not as much to fight using it).

Actually both cost almost the same right now, about 10€ difference.

I think Xenoblade2 will last about 65-70 hours, if I do most of the sidequests and optional bossfights. Even an "only" 30-40 hours game for that price would be ok for me.

If the gameplay and atmosphere is similar, I would not have a problem at all.

9 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Even an "only" 30-40 hours game for that price would be ok for me.

If the gameplay and atmosphere is similar, I would not have a problem at all.

The story of Torna is about 15-18 hours long. Add in all the sidequests and that brings it up to 21-25 hours. And if you try to 100% the game, it's about 30-50 hours.

Gameplay is similar yet different and the atmosphere is similar but a bit more solemn as well.

Pre-orders exceeded expectations so much so that the artbook had to be delayed slightly because there wasn't enough supply to meet the demand. Release is now planned for Feburary 12th.

It's good that the artbook is doing better than expected. I don't plan on getting it unless it's released in English (which hopefully this popularity will make more likely), but I am interested to see what new artwork and information is in it.

Just to fill up some space I'll mention a somewhat spoilery headcanon I have about the Aegises.

Spoiler

We learn late in the game that the function of the Blades is to gather information from the environment and their Driver. We also know that Blades take influence from their Driver every time they are awakened, and this influence is stronger in some cases than others. This is why Haze looks so similar to Lora.

This made me wonder how Mythra and Malos had their physical forms determined. Amalthus expressed distaste in Malos being "all brawn and brutish strength," so it's unlikely that Malos's appearance was influenced by him. But since Pneuma and Logos were modified to receive and process the the data of every Blade and Driver, it makes me theorize that Mythra and Malos's appearances were shaped by what the cores saw as the ideal masculine/feminine forms based on the data they collected from humanity as a whole. Both of them would probably be considered conventionally attractive by most people, after all. Maybe it could be an anima/animus sort of thing?

Whether or not this was intentional by the developers, I doubt their personalities were shaped by anyone but their respective Drivers, because otherwise Malos's attitude towards everything would probably be different.

13 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's good that the artbook is doing better than expected. I don't plan on getting it unless it's released in English (which hopefully this popularity will make more likely), but I am interested to see what new artwork and information is in it.

Just to fill up some space I'll mention a somewhat spoilery headcanon I have about the Aegises.

Hide contents

We learn late in the game that the function of the Blades is to gather information from the environment and their Driver. We also know that Blades take influence from their Driver every time they are awakened, and this influence is stronger in some cases than others. This is why Haze looks so similar to Lora.

This made me wonder how Mythra and Malos had their physical forms determined. Amalthus expressed distaste in Malos being "all brawn and brutish strength," so it's unlikely that Malos's appearance was influenced by him. But since Pneuma and Logos were modified to receive and process the the data of every Blade and Driver, it makes me theorize that Mythra and Malos's appearances were shaped by what the cores saw as the ideal masculine/feminine forms based on the data they collected from humanity as a whole. Both of them would probably be considered conventionally attractive by most people, after all. Maybe it could be an anima/animus sort of thing?

Whether or not this was intentional by the developers, I doubt their personalities were shaped by anyone but their respective Drivers, because otherwise Malos's attitude towards everything would probably be different.

Or maybe Amaltus secretly wishes he was hunky and Adam has a thing for short skirts.

• 3 weeks later...

I have beaten it finally!!! 

I was so scared of the final boss... For no reason actually because it turned out into a joke.

However it does not mean it was a bad final... Quite the opposite... it gave me teary eyes. 

This journey came to an end finally but also unfortunately already at the same time. 

It was a wonderful experience having the opportunity of playing this game. It was a masterpiece overall, easily a top five game ever for me. 

I will definitely play Torna very soon. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

The artbook is out now in Japan, so here's a collection of images I found.

The party camping in Tantal:

Spoiler

yfedyw7hh9g21.jpg

Despite being a 4, Roc has a feminine figure:

Spoiler

1j2rvzbkq9g21.jpg

Official height chart:

Spoiler

jgpga3x6e9g21.jpg

Mythra's cooking ("censored" and uncensored):

Spoiler

YMXJiwl.jpg

Full art of Beta Pyra (as seen in the special artwork):

Spoiler

uhwtz8r9rfg21.jpg

And Coffee with Milk unfortunately doesn't have "proper" full art, but we do have mostly finalized concept art:

Spoiler

o4s5mfhe9eg21.png

As a reversal of Mythra's Smash Ultimate design, Pneuma's original design had her cleavage and thighs bare. This is also the first time in official material that "Pneuma" is used to refer to the third form specifically, and not Pyra and Mythra as a whole.

Also, KOS-MOS is getting a figure in the same vein as Pyra and Mythra. While KOS-MOS isn't a stranger to getting figures, this one is based on her Xenoblade 2 design.

Edited by Lightchao42

• 2 months later...

I started with Torna today, and the first thing which surprised me positively was that "fallen" characters from the maingame are playable. Did never expect to play as 

Spoiler

Lora and Haze

Battle system seems a bit different to the maingame.

One thing confused me a bit: Unlike in the main game this add-on gives access to the player to reread instructions.
I do not quite understand why this has not been added to an update of the maingame yet.

Since this topic is back, here's a compilation of some of the artbook's pages. It doesn't contain any lore tidbits, which could be disappointing or a good thing because they didn't need to include more Japan-only supplementary material (besides the notes with the Siren model).

In Torna I recommend doing sidequests as you go along, just to make things more convenient later (you'll see when you get there). Also you'll be able to appreciate Best Girl Mythra more, which is good.