FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Please don't. Though, where does the sword go on that costume? She has no sheath.

*Insert perverted response here*

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Dude, why?

I saw the opportunity so I took it. Don't hate the player hate the game brah.

(It is late I can't sleep send help)

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I saw the opportunity so I took it. Don't hate the player hate the game brah.

(It is late I can't sleep send help)

Guess I should have expected it considering how often things turn into some form of innuendo where I work.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Please don't. Though, where does the sword go on that costume? She has no sheath.

It can just cling to her via invisible Lucina forces- weren't you taught that back at IS High?

More seriously, costumes are about looking nice, practicality isn't their thing. If there is no sheath, that isn't a problem, since she canonically isn't wearing the costume or anything, its just an optional eye pleaser. Even if the absence of a sheath will be offsetting to some.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Dude, why?

We're all 13 on the Internet, sooner or later, a sexual joke will be made about anything and everything.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It can just cling to her via invisible Lucina forces- weren't you taught that back at IS High?

More seriously, costumes are about looking nice, practicality isn't their thing. If there is no sheath, that isn't a problem, since she canonically isn't wearing the costume or anything, its just an optional eye pleaser. Even if the absence of a sheath will be offsetting to some.

We're all 13 on the Internet, sooner or later, a sexual joke will be made about anything and everything.

Makes me wonder if they'll at least change the map sprite. It shouldn't be too hard to just pull this one from Awakening, but custom ones like SD might be more work.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

If your hopes and dreams are pinned on a game, you might want to re-evaluate your priorities.  I think you know me well enough to know that hyperbole doesn't sit well with me.

Says the guy who's named "FireEmblemFan2017".

Guess what, YOU are part of the fanbase.  So if you don't like the fanbase, you can either try to make it better or find a group of fans that you do like.  But whining about it will accomplish nothing.

What does my name have to do with anything I've been a fan since fire emblem 8. I call it how I see it. the fanbase is either old fans complaining about IS pander to much the 3ds crowd or the newer get bashed for liking the 3ds fire emblem. I know the older feel neglected but they don't have to be bitter about it.  

2 minutes ago, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

What does my name have to do with anything I've been a fan since fire emblem 8. I call it how I see it. the fanbase is either old fans complaining about IS pander to much the 3ds crowd or the newer get bashed for liking the 3ds fire emblem. I know the older feel neglected but they don't have to be bitter about it.  

Then why choose such a name?  That, along with your join time on SF and attitude points to someone who's on the newish side.

There's also a lot of fans who don't fall into either category.  So if you're one of the "old" fans, then set a good example instead of complaining.  It'll accomplish a lot more than what you're doing right now.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Then why choose such a name?  That, along with your join time on SF and attitude points to someone who's on the newish side.

There's also a lot of fans who don't fall into either category.  So if you're one of the "old" fans, then set a good example instead of complaining.  It'll accomplish a lot more than what you're doing right now.

Uh because I like the games. You can like the games but dislike the Fanbase. I don't think in the long run it wouldn't, bottom line is no matter what the fans base will be split. Fates or Echoes didn't mend the Fanbase, so I don't think a random person will clam down the Fanbase.

Edited by FireEmblemFan2017

4 minutes ago, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

Uh because I like the games. You can like the games but dislike the Fanbase. I don't think in the long run it wouldn't, bottom line is no matter what the fans base will be split. Fates or Echoes didn't mend the Fanbase, so I don't think a random person will clam down the Fanbase.

No rain drop feels responsible for the flood.  You're not going to calm the entire fanbase by yourself.  But you can make sure you're not one of the bad apples.  You can't control others, but you can control your own actions.  You're the author of this account, so how do you want the story to play out?

7 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

I'm still buying it. While some decisions are questionable, the game still looks fun, and in the end, that's what matters.

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Wow I didn't know the HW DLC was that significant. I hope we do indeed get a good number of options added, then.

I feel obligated to point out that that number includes the Legends re-release and it's own DLC wave.  Wii U version only got 3 new characters, 2 special mode characters (Beast Ganon and Cucco), plus extra weapons and costumes for most non-DLC characters.  It also had the three OC villains added as free DLC, but their weapon upgrades were locked behind the Master Quest DLC.  Legends added 5 characters, 1 free DLC character, and 4 paid DLC characters.

We don't know how many characters we'll get in each DLC pack, but don't get your hopes up for all DLC to add 15+ characters in one wave.  Class movesets might make it easier to add new characters, but they might go for more unique characters instead.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

I forgot to make this comment earlier, but what does it say that for a free DLC costume we're getting Bride of all things?

What started as a silly little support-based DLC class in Awakening intended to be the female contrast to Dread Fighter, has been featured in Heroes, Project X Zone 2 (right?) and now Warriors. Given IS kept it out of Fates and SoV, I can't say it's blowing up like a ballroom gown, but it is strange that such a fling of a class is continually showing up.

To be fair, what could they else could they package as the free costume? It isn't like FE has all that many notable alternative outfits it could go off of barring Pantless Marth. And all HW got for free was Dark Link, a simple recolor I'm saddened they didn't let you apply to everyone. So Bride is actually rather good in the sense it took effort to make it.

Yeah, I think Bride Lucina is a step-up from Dark Link and a more iconic costume for her/her game due to its appearances in Project x Zone 2 and Bride Cordelia in Heroes since her other iconic one, Great Lord, is probably in the game as a Class Up costume.

It's better then Dark Link in Hyrule Warriors but not as good as Wind Waker Robes Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors Legends..but it's also for a character I love so I'm happy.

Classic no-pants Marth may get in still similar to Classic Link in Hyrule Warriors.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

They probably add a sheath like they do when using a Sword Weapon for Link in Hyrule Warriors and just don't show it on the render. Each sword you can equip to Lucina likely has its own sheath.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

If your hopes and dreams are pinned on a game, you might want to re-evaluate your priorities.  I think you know me well enough to know that hyperbole doesn't sit well with me.

so I'm not supposed to have any expectations of a game, because right now I feel like you can't say anything negative about the game without people going out at you

I feel like we're not supposed to be saying anything negative about it, like if i start a thread specificly for complaing it'll get locked in a heartbeat

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

so I'm not supposed to have any expectations of a game, because right now I feel like you can't say anything negative about the game without people going out at you

I feel like we're not supposed to be saying anything negative about it, like if i start a thread specificly for complaing it'll get locked in a heartbeat

If that's your attitude, it's time to step away from the keyboard.

There's a difference between being disappointed and being salty to the point where I have to tell you to tone it down.  It's a game, not a major life decision.  Keep it in perspective, and don't let a product rule your life - you'll be happier if you're the one controlling your happiness.

While I'm not a huge fan of DLC, I don't really mind it either, since it's extra stuff that wouldn't usually be in the game. Since Azura is more or less confirmed to be in the Fates pack, I really hope we get the Awakening-Fates trio somewhere in there. I think all 3 of them could be super fun to play as.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I severely doubt we'll get a second wave of DLC, Awakening was all too exceptional unfortunately. But if we did, that would be the chance to add Ike and Hector and expand the featured games. If there is no second wave, well here's to Fire Emblem Warriors 2 on Nintendo Super Switch! (Or whatever they'd call the successor.)

Of course, that's only if the game and DLC sell well enough...

Worth mentioning that both DQH2 and DWG2 were released two years after the first installment, however.

Well, I finally managed to watch the stream and...DLC...COULD "fix" things a bit. 

Azura will get her chance. As for Awakening, I'd probably go with...Tharja for maximum profits and probably Jagen for Shadow Dragon. 

For 14 dollars, I'd probably want 3 new characters, a number of clones, and some new history maps. Maybe like,

Fates

• Azura, Felicia, and Kaze added
  • ~ten characters added as clones of existing ones (Beruka for Camilla, Niles as an archer, etc..)
  • 5-10 history maps

Awakening

• Panne, Donnel, and Olivia added
  • ~ten clones, including Tharja, Owain, Inigo, Severa, Gaius, and Sumia.
  • 5-10 history maps

Shadow Dragon I don't know enough about.

3 minutes ago, TheSS said:

For 14 dollars, I'd probably want 3 new characters, a number of clones, and some new history maps. Maybe like,

Fates

• Azura, Felicia, and Kaze added
  • ~ten characters added as clones of existing ones (Beruka for Camilla, Niles as an archer, etc..)
  • 5-10 history maps

Awakening

• Panne, Donnel, and Olivia added
  • ~ten clones, including Tharja, Owain, Inigo, Severa, Gaius, and Sumia.
  • 5-10 history maps

Shadow Dragon I don't know enough about.

You're going to be extremely disappointed. 

Just now, Hardin said:

You're going to be extremely disappointed. 

What part of it is unrealistic? The clones? 3 characters instead of 2 (like in HW)? Other than that it's exactly like the HW DLC, which was priced lower.

Even though Fates is pretty bloated as-is, I kinda want Shuriken/Daggers added as a DLC pack, with a ninja (Kaze), maid/butler (Jakob and/or Felicia), and mechanist (Yukimura) representing it.

As I've said before, I think it's a bad idea to release DLC packs based off of games besides the three focus games; the games are too big to be crammed into just a couple new characters and maps. However, there is one exception to this I'd like to see; Mystery of the Emblem is mostly built upon Shadow Dragon, so I think it's a perfect candidate for a DLC pack. All you need is a couple new characters like Katarina and Legion, a new map or two, and some costumes for Marth and other characters.

Another pack could just be a "fan favorites" pack with a few standalone characters like Roy and Ike but not much else from their respective games, to serve as a sort of teaser before their games of origin are fully implemented in a sequel.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Yep, just look at the price for costume DLC. Even if they're clones, they'll still need new models and voice recordings, alongside a couple of new animations for Musou and victory/intro (and the Classic Link/Zelda/Ganondorf DLC ended up cheaper than usual since they were mostly made with reused models and textures from other games, with only the face being updated to fit with HWs animations).

Edited by NeonZ