FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

10 minutes ago, Hardin said:

10 clones plus 3 original warriors is crazy. It costs a lot of money to create HD assets, even if they are recycling animations. 

Point taken. Still, I think there should be a fair number of them. It would add a lot to the game to have that FE experience of a large cast full of minor characters. It's been something I've been hoping for for a while, and considering how many assets will be reused on top of the coding (pretty much all of the effects), I think doing it with SOME number of them is possible

Even if 10 is too high, maybe 5?

Yep, just look at the price for costume DLC. Even if they're clones, they'll still need new models and voice recordings, alongside a couple of new animations for Musou and victory/intro (and the Classic Link/Zelda/Ganondorf DLC ended up cheaper than usual since they were mostly made with reused models and textures from other games, with only the face being updated to fit with HWs animations).

Hyrule Warriors' 1st season pass cost 3000 yen, exactly like this season pass. Any changes are just due to dollar vs yen variation. So, expect similar amount of content.

Really? Huh, what do you know.

And yeah, 10 was a bit much, but I still want them do do it with some. 

Edited by TheSS

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TheSS said:

What part of it is unrealistic? The clones? 3 characters instead of 2 (like in HW)? Other than that it's exactly like the HW DLC, which was priced lower.

Hyrule Warriors' 1st season pass cost 3000 yen, exactly like this season pass. Any changes are just due to dollar vs yen variation. So, expect similar amount of content.

Hyrule Warriors had

3 new movesets/weapons

3 new characters

4 new costumes

3 new Adventure maps

Playable Ganon/Giant Cucco.

It's not clear at this point how History maps compare to Adventure maps length-wise, but most likely they're smaller, so we might get more. 6 unique characters also seem like a fair amount - 2 per game. Although we could get more if we get clones rather than costumes, but I'm not convinced Koei would sell clones at this point. After the game's base line up opening space to them, I think it'd be a mistake to go with only unique characters, but I could see it happening as another one of their questionable choices.

Edited by NeonZ

I didn't see it talked about here, so something I want to add.

someone translated a part of the show last night. Apparently the FEW dev that was there said that they will be listening to fans ideas for future DLC. In other words, there is potentially more than just the 3 announced.

Edited by Tolvir

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I didn't see it talked about here, so something I want to add.

someone translated a part of the show last night. Apparently the FEW dev that was there said that they will be listening to fans ideas for future DLC. In other words, there is potentially more than just the 3 announced.

The one thing to wonder is if this means a pack 2, or DLC ideas for a future game if it does well.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

The one thing to wonder is if this means a pack 2, or DLC ideas for a future game if it does well.

I'm pretty sure a pack 2. A FEW 2 is way too far out. Earliest we see that is 2020, if not later. On top of that, they already talked about if a FEW 2 happens, that other games will be the focus. No need to listen to the fans for a Tellius DLC pack if Tellius is one of the focuses

Edited by Tolvir

On the topic of DLC beyond what was announced...

It has happened with other devs.  I'm unfamiliar with KT, but given that they seem to load their main games with a ton of costume DLCs, I doubt another wave is off the table for them.  But the games gotta be reasonably successful.  I'm sure KT is well aware of what they're doing and how well the game will do realistically, so I'd say if they imply there might be more DLC packs, there probably will be.

And I highly doubt they'd be talking about DLC for the next game because even bad PR ought to know that isn't cool.  No dev or publisher I know of talks about potential DLC for the next game when the current game isn't even out yet.  It'd be like if Steve Jobs was interviewed and he started talking about new potential features for the iPhone 11.  Or if Nintendo started going on about DLC for the next Mario game after Odyssey.

If we do wind up getting more DLC, I'll further advocate for the broader representation of their focuses.  Not SD, Awakening, or Fates this time, but Elibe and Valentia.  We still need Tobin's main rival Alm, our Boy Roy, and best protag Hector to accompany Lyn and Celica.  It's odd for them to be standing alone.  But that's just my opinion.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

If that's your attitude, it's time to step away from the keyboard.

There's a difference between being disappointed and being salty to the point where I have to tell you to tone it down.  It's a game, not a major life decision.  Keep it in perspective, and don't let a product rule your life - you'll be happier if you're the one controlling your happiness.

I'm not that dissapointed, I don't see what's inhearitly wrong with complaining about creative decisisons, in my years studying of public management I've learned that listening to complaints is how you improve an organization.

and geeze you're making me sound like a no-life kneckbeard

19 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I hope Mirage Chrom as an alt for Chrom becomes a thing either in the vanilla game or as DLC. Same for Caeda. 

now that be cool

especially with Sheeda and her Mecha Pegasi

now that 'm thinking about it I want some TMS love for FE Heros too

Besides the usual disappointment of having no other characters from other games. Maybe Camus has a chance now.

At this point, I just want to play and see if it was worth my money. From what I seen, ya it should be.

I'll pick up the season pass. Besides liking Warrior games in general, I'll be satisfied at the very least.

10 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I dunno, I wouldn't count those two out as already being in the game. During last night's stream I think they said they had a thief character, whom I suspect is Gaius, and between that and Navarre being seen but not revealed, I think characters who are traditionally recruited from the enemy team ARE in the game but were not revealed post release, which would very likely include both Tharja and Gaius to go with Cordelia.

12 hours ago, TheSS said:

They said a Thief will be in the game in some capacity during TGS. Do you think they meant DLC, or in the base game?

uh this is a stretch and a little of topic but... where did they say it during that stream o_O

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

Hmm..that would be a pretty smart use of History Mode, unlocking units like Tharja or Gaius on recreations of the maps in Awakening where you originally recruited them.

Like what's possibly gonna happen with Lyn in the Blazing Blade History Map we've seen so far?

Press release for NoA. 

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fire Emblem Warriors, launching for the Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Oct. 20, is a game overflowing with action-packed content. But fans who want to expand their adventure can do so with a host of paid DLC options that begin launching this year. All DLC can be purchased separately for both Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS systems.

Season Pass (Oct. 20, $19.99): The Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass includes all three DLC packs, which become available as they release. Each DLC pack is filled with new playable characters and weapons. By purchasing the Season Pass for either the Nintendo Switch or New Nintendo 3DS version, players will receive a bridal costume for Lucina.
DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.
DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.
More details about each DLC pack will be revealed in the future.

The Fire Emblem Warriors game is compatible with the new Chrom and Tiki amiibo figures, which both launch on Oct. 20. These, along with other compatible Fire Emblem amiibo figures including Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, grant players weapons or materials when tapped. Up to five different compatible amiibo figures can be tapped per day.

Fire Emblem Warriors launches for Nintendo Switch, as well as New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL systems on Oct. 20. A special-edition bundle of the game will launch exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on the same day at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The special edition includes the game, premium character card set with slip case, a double-sided poster and a three-CD music set.

For more information about Fire Emblem Warriors, visit http://fireemblemwarriors.nintendo.com/

Is this a translation issue? Last time they said that there were too many swords, then they said they would mostly focus on the main three games. The ambiguous language makes me wonder exactly what they're up to. Saying "and items", too..?

DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.

DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.

14 minutes ago, Noir said:

Is this a translation issue? Last time they said that there were too many swords, then they said they would mostly focus on the main three games. The ambiguous language makes me wonder exactly what they're up to. Saying "and items", too..?

I don't get why those parts are in bold, assuming they're supposed to be bold. They are just trying to be intentional vague as possible.

UK and European pricing

19 minutes ago, Hardin said:

These, along with other compatible Fire Emblem amiibo figures including Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, grant players weapons or materials when tapped. Up to five different compatible amiibo figures can be tapped per day.

I guess that means we get special weapons. Like, tapping Roy gets you the Binding Blade.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, uh, what does tapping Chrom, Lucina, and Marth give?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Noble Rapiers.

I said that as a joke but now that i think about it, it makes sense. Chrom, Lucina, and Marth were the only three characters in the entirety of Awakening who could use Noble Rapiers (and by extension, regular Rapiers). If the Amiibo are giving out special weapons, then the Noble Rapier is plausible.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Noble Rapiers.

I said that as a joke but now that i think about it, it makes sense. Chrom, Lucina, and Marth were the only three characters in the entirety of Awakening who could use Noble Rapiers (and by extension, regular Rapiers). If the Amiibo are giving out special weapons, then the Noble Rapier is plausible.

Except then you have 3 amiibos giving you the same thing. Maybe have Chrom give the Exalted Falchion and Marth giving the Mercius.

16 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

A few days before release, how does that seem "soon"? It felt like an appropriate time to announce DLC to me. Was Mewtwo withheld by being announced a few weeks between the 3DS and Wii U releases of Smash 4? Nope. You have to remember that the game releases in Japan in just a few days. Which means the devs have long since been finished with the base game and roster, and well they'd have to be so that there's time to mass-produce the game cart and cases. Rinse and repeat for localizations and its mass-production period (or do it all at the same time for global releases). Not to mention models take months to create and animate.

Baron the Shining Blade, you raise some excellent points and observations some of which I had not previously thought about or considered. And maybe the timing is normal in regards to DLC, but most of the games that I have that I got DLC for in most cases the game had already been out a while by the time I got it so I have no idea when the DLC for those games was released in relation to the game. However when a game has not even released yet, and announcements for DLC are being made it sounds early to me, I would have expected that if DLC was to be announced for the game it would be a few weeks or months after the release of said game.