FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

At the TGS, it was revealed that FE warriors will be getting DLC, with Bride Lucina being shown off. 1 Pack comesĀ in 2017, 2 come out in 2018. They will be focusing on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Thoughts?

Edited by FoxyGrandpa
Punctuation + context

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bride Lucina's the bonus for getting the season pass, in addition to the pass being cheaper.Ā  First pack is Fates (with Azura hinted at), second is SD, third is Awakening.Ā  Fates will be in 2017, SD and Awakening will be in 2018.

DLC still focusing on the same games as the base was kind of expected for me, since it's more or less what HW did until the Majora's Mask pack.Ā  Kind of curious if all DLC will be released at the same time internationally as the JP DLC, or if we'll have to wait.Ā  I don't think there was a delay for HW, but I don't remember.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Relevant images from stream:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

59c76417bec49_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.e06a119d0983f5d7ad6d8ea08eaec15d.png

59c764358156d_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.d5b7ec0994115867c395f68ac9b625d4.png

Lucy likes nice as a bride honestly, I just hope we get Caeda as one too...

Given that it's a costume, the dress would have problems on a pegasus, and I'm not sure you can ride side-saddle very well on a winged horse.Ā  If she does get a bride costume here, it'll probably have a skirt instead of a dress.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Relevant images from stream:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

59c76417bec49_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.e06a119d0983f5d7ad6d8ea08eaec15d.png

59c764358156d_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.d5b7ec0994115867c395f68ac9b625d4.png

Lucy likes nice as a bride honestly, I just hope we get Caeda as one too...

Well, at least she'll finally use Falchion in that class, but...doesn't Lucina flip around a decent amount? Is a dress really the best thing for her to be wearing here?

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Given that it's a costume, the dress would have problems on a pegasus, and I'm not sure you can ride side-saddle very well on a winged horse.Ā  If she does get a bride costume here, it'll probably have a skirt instead of a dress.

I know, but a man can dream of a scenario where Marth finally sees Caeda in her wedding dress and acknowledges it (Unlike Heroes).

Edited by Azz

Well, this is mostly a repost from the TGS topic, but with the DLC I can hope for...

FatesĀ - Azura (with a Nohr costume variant). Arthur and Oboro may be fun to include as well.
Shadow DragonĀ - I would love to have Camus if he is not in the base game, as well as some of the Altean Knights and Linde. Otherwise, Minerva and company (Michalis, Maria, Whitewings) could be cool to see.
AwakeningĀ - Personally hoping for a Valm arc if it is not in the base game. I want Walhart, Virion, and Cherche! // The alternative is including the kids from Awakening, such as the trio or Cynthia.

If the game does well enough for a second season pass, I would love to see more characters from Elibe and Valentia. This is a far-off hope though...

5 minutes ago, Sire said:

Well, this is mostly a repost from the TGS topic, but with the DLC I can hope for...

FatesĀ - Azura (with a Nohr costume variant). Arthur and Oboro may be fun to include as well.
Shadow DragonĀ - I would love to have Camus if he is not in the base game, as well as some of the Altean Knights and Linde. Otherwise, Minerva and company (Michalis, Maria, Whitewings) could be cool to see.
AwakeningĀ - Personally hoping for a Valm arc if it is not in the base game. I want Walhart, Virion, and Cherche! // The alternative is including the kids from Awakening, such as the trio or Cynthia.

If the game does well enough for a second season pass, I would love to see more characters from Elibe and Valentia. This is a far-off hope though...

Another thing a second season pass has going against it is that this game isn't getting a 2nd port like hyrule warriors got. Sequel could be possible if the fans support this game, but that's pretty unlikely.

Still, I think we could expect the devs to sprinkle in a few fan favorites like Ike and Roy given their popularity.

Also, the Season pass is 3000 Yen, which is roughly 30 US dollars.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

DLC Packs

There will be a total of three DLC packs for the game, that include new characters and other additional content. They will be released over the course of several months, like they were for Hyrule Warriors (Legends). Hereā€™s details about those DLC Packs:

Pack #1 ā€“ Fire Emblem Fates

• Release date: before the end of the year
  • Price: 1 400 Yen
  • Contents TBC

Pack #2 ā€“ Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

• Release date: Winter 2018
  • Contents TBC

Pack #3 ā€“ Fire Emblem Awakening

• Release date: Spring 2018
  • Contents TBC

Via perfectly Nintendo

Edited by flare9

5 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Very nice, will have to prepare money in my eShop account. I assume it will cost 29.99USD around there.

It might be less considering how inflated some of the Japanese prices are (the game was 80 bucks on the JP EShop last time I checked)

2 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Those prices are the same as the Legends pack for HW, which included 5 characters. So we might be seeing around 4-6 characters per pack. Give me Cherche, please!

I just hope the DLC gives us actual new missions to USE the characters in.

One thing I hated about Hyrule Warriors' initial DLC is that none of the new maps actually had missions for Twili Midna, Tingle, and Young Link. There was no actual incentive to use them as far as game progress went.

They fixed that in Legends, so I'm hoping that the lesson stuck with them.

Edited by Anomalocaris

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

One thing I hated about Hyrule Warriors' initial DLC is that none of the new maps actually had missions for Twili Midna, Tingle, and Young Link. There was no actual incentive to use them as far as game progress went.

Well I think Awakening DLC has a very large chance of including Virion and maybe Cherche, so Valm themed maps would be great.Ā 

SD could have Minerva and Macedon themed maps.

Fates could have Revelations maps with Azura?

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Well in the Japanese version of Hyrule Warriors the characters and the adventure mode maps were sold separately. The maps were made that way because there was a chance you wouldn't have the character. Luckily come the Legends/Allstars expansion the characters came with the pack so that was fixed. I don't understand Japanese but it doesn't look like they are selling the characters individually again.Ā 

The schedule for DLC is that the Fates pack will release before New Years, Shadow Dragon in winter, and Awakening in spring.Ā 

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

They fixed that in Legends, so I'm hoping that the lesson stuck with them.

I don't think that will be a problem for this game. With the original HW, all the DLC was sold individually in Japan, so they had to make the content playable for those who didn't purchase the new characters. So far it seems like this game will avoid that.Ā 

Fates: Azura and Odin, Azura cause she was scrapped and DLC is the only chance we have to play her and Odin cause the only infantry mage we have is Robin and Odin is quite a fancy character

SD: Draug and Minerva, we have no Knight yet and a second Wyvern user could be good

Awakening: Tharja, Gaius, Nowi, Tharja and Gaius were with Cordelia and Chrom the most popular character of Awakening and Nowi cause a second dragonstone user could be fun

I don't know, I'm sort of happy that the DLC focuses on SD, Awakening, and Fates given that their casts felt a bit underdeveloped. Like, I really would have loved to see character's like Henry, Catria, WRYS, and Azura, all of whom sadly didn't make it in.Ā 

Fans of older games won't be happy, but to be honest, that really doesn't matter when nothing was going to sell most of them on this game in the first place.

9 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Shadow Dragon dlc is probably the only one I'm getting but it depends on who's in the other packs. Like Cherche for me would be enough incentive to buy the Awakening pack.

Cherche would be mmm 10/10 top tier DLC choice. Even as a Minerva clone. Just add her and Virion please.