Jonahtron

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Kagetura said:

if you mean get hyped for X2 sure i can get behind an actual good rpg, why not, if not im perfectly fine with the topic.

Yeah, get hyped for XC2. Do something that isn't complaining about the same stuff people have complained about for the past months.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, get hyped for XC2. Do something that isn't complaining about the same stuff people have complained about for the past months.

i mean that doesn't make the complaints any less valid tho, just shows they're consistent, but out for the sake of being less annoying sure why not.

Edited by Kagetura

43 minutes ago, Kagetura said:

ya thats a risk ill have to take tho, theres no point in getting a collab if ill never be happy about it, it might as well not exist for me at least, if enough people out there support it then sure it can continue to be made for them, but they dont care about what i want so i dont really care to support something out of baseless hope. chances are if something sells you just sell more of that thing.

the series should have died with awakening.

14 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

the series should have died with awakening.

I dont know if your trolling or serious but the strange thing is im starting to believe that i love FE to death but its not the same anymore for the most part, im hoping FE 2018 at least does more justice to the everyone tho. i know we wont get a more traditional game but at least don't disappoint as big as these.

7 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

For starter:

• There's 3 lance users (All of which are fliers with the same moveset), 3 axe users and 11 sword users.
  • They claim to be focusing on 3 games to limit the amount of sword users, yet sword users make up nearly half the cast.
  • They claim to focus on Awakening, fates and shadow dragon, but they completely shaft shadow dragon in favor of having 2 Corrins. Because that's what the people want.
    • I actually don't mind them focusing on 3 games. It makes since, given that trying to represent the whole series would be impossible, It's just that almost the whole cast is from Awakening and fates..
  • Why do Rowan and Lianna use swords?
  • Why does Celica use a Sword?
  • Nobody cares even a little bit about Rowan and Lianna, so why not just cut them and put effort into characters people actually want?
  • And finally, why is the first dlc pack adding in more fates characters? There's already 10 of them, add something new!

Rally the main issue is fates. It has too many main characters, so it ends up taking to much room. If it didn't exist, we could of gotten more shadow dragon, and maybe fe7 characters. Also fates contributes four sword users. so that matters, I guess. I don't know. I just wanted to vent. I'm just mad about Jagen and Minerva not getting in the game.

Your points, in order

• I'll admit, this is an issue, but there are unannounced characters. Sure, many, like Validar, are probably clones, but at least it will mean that you aren't JUST running into sword characters, even if there's more variety among sword wielders. Of course, they could do the absurdly stupid thing and not do anything like this, but I'm waiting until I see the final game before I lose all hope entirely.
  • Let's be real with ourselves, they did it because Awakening and Fates sell more. Also, I saw someone make a cast list of only the lords and other important characters from games, and it was even worse.
  • Shadow Dragon is the least popular of the games drawn from. Also, if you think that they would've been able to include another SD character if they only had one Corrin, you clearly haven't thought this through very hard.
  • I'll admit, this one pisses me off a bit.
  • Because they gave her Marth's moveset. It was probably a case of 'give her someone else's moveset or no one's at all', due to constraints on development resources.
  • I dunno, man, KT likes their OC's. 
  • Because they're focusing on the characters from the most popular games, and they want the chance to include more characters that are more obscure and will have more interesting playstyles.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

They're hardly slots; both are likely clones. Minimal development resources went into them.

Aptly put, though given that its a result of Lucina's precedent I'm not certain that "minimal development resources" is an accurate way to coin it, eve if I'll go with it. .

Really though, I'm just really turned off by the idea that popularity/catering > everything else when it comes to how the fan base views the game and as a result, sours the fan base for me (things like this is why I generally stay away from them, but I'm making an exception for having been here as long as I have). As much as it was a pleasant surprise that both Lyn & Celica got into the game, that it came to be seemingly to appease the endless clamoring for non-3DS characters and at the cost of breaking out of the focus areas, try as i might, just doesn't sit well with me in regards to the devs' integrity. I'll prolly be over it once I get my hands on the game, along with seeing what DLC is in store, but I felt it's something i ought a at least let out.

8 hours ago, Motendra said:

I'm with Jedi, but for the sake of humouring you, I'll actually take the time to discern every single point you've made:

• You forgot to mention how there are 3-4 mages (two of which are mounted) and 2-3 archers. added together with the others, that makes 11-13 non-swords, which brings us to the next point:
  • In this way, even though swords make about half the cast, its still much better than practically the entire cast [barring 3], if it went with every main character in the series, as the devs were worried over.
  • I don't think thats something you can blame on Corrin, since they're quite literally the same person, but undergone different paths. The two slots filled by Lyn and Celica could have went towards more SD characters, but because popularity and demand, here they are, yet no one wants to say it, due to the two of them being non Awakening-Fates. You also conveniently forgot to mention Robin who doesn't have Corrin's differed affiliations.
  • We know the answer to this already.There's nothing we can do about it at this stage of the game.
  • Because she primarily has one? Yes, she uses black magic, but not exclusively and given the very nature of her magic in comparison to mages, she can't really utilize an entire move set dedicated to it, as per the establishment of tomes.
  • Thats an assumption. Overshadowed would be the better term, but for the sake of the tale within the game, that's what it is. Otherwise, what else could serve as the backbone of the story?
  • New alternative: what if, they actually ARE adding something new, via Fates? Yet because its coming from Fates, its somehow not new???? Despite what opinions are, Fates has a lot of things that it can offer to the game, had they only been able to fit. 

Ok, my rebuttal to your points:

• I didn't mention archers and mages because there's a weapon triangle, which is kinda a poorly implemented mechanic if most the cast uses swords.
  • I never waned the cast to be all the main characters. I was even ok with them only focusing on the 3 games, I just think they did it poorly.
  •  I specifically mentioned Corrin, because I hate Corrin. I do think Including Lyn and Celica's a problem too, but Lyn looks really fun, so I didn't say anything there.
  • We do? Because I don't.
  • I realize that, it's just that magic is kid of her main thing, and it would have lessened the number of sword users. I'm just really salty about too many swords, ok?
  • The story could have been about the villains invading Archenea or Ylisse, or whatever, and the protagonists of that world chase after them and end up in other fire emblem worlds. Why couldn't that work?
  • Ok, maybe "add something new" wasn't the best wording, but what I mean is that fates already has a majority of the cast, why not add characters from literally anything else?

I do want to make clear that I am still getting this game, as it looks really fun, and it's not like I hate all the characters. I just think this games choice of characters is just stupid.

8 hours ago, Metakirby said:

It's clearly logic that some characters are there as a bonus ; Celica is a last minutes add because she's a clone ; I'm fine with some characters being cloned just for having their presences in game ; and as I already said for DW9, weapons can be fixed later. 

Every clones are last add for me, and male/female are alt, it doesn't take much time to do this. People are mad because they gives us bonus characters? 

As their focus games, I'm disappointed too but they can't put all games in it, it's too much work and would be bad as the story would be disastrous with too much games. Some would get too much represented and some won't and peoples will continue to complain about their favorites games having only one characters with no story.

At least with expansions, they can focus on a few others stories later. 

And don't forget Awakening and Fates are more popular than any other FE games, so that's why some didn't get in as easy as them. It's a bit annoying for FE fans from the beginning but well, we should be glad this series isn't over because it could have been if not for Awakening..

I'm sure they'll focus on the base games to finish them, then having Alm and co joining with another dlc, Hector and co with the last one ; and Radiant Dawn as the expansion. Or a thing like that. We'll see.

And don't forget the base game FE has everyone with the same class with some having different evolutions (branching promotion) and with this , being different from others. So I hope it'll be like that to have different moveset/weapons. 

I didn't end up complaining about clones because the developers seems to run on Melee logic, in that they want more characters rather than more variety. I'm kinda ok with this, so I won't bother complaining about it too much.

2 hours ago, Denomon3144 said:

We do not know the entirety of the game's roster. Navarre is proof that there is secret characters.

I am almost positive that he won't end up being playable in the game. He's likely just an NPC or something.

28 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

I am almost positive that he won't end up being playable in the game. He's likely just an NPC or something.

He was seen standing with other characters that were all confirmed playable so far. I don't see what argument can be made that he is just an NPC.

summing up the main reactions fans had since fe warriors reveal:

Devs say they'll be MAINLY focusing on SD, Awakening and Fates

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster!

Devs reveal only Awakening and Fates characters, and they're all sword characters

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also your "too many swords" excuse is bullshit!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster! We're getting non-sword characters, just wait for them!

Devs reveal only Awakening characters

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Enough with this awakening/fates favoritism! Also why s Lissa using an axe? We want Hector!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also Lissa can use axes if she's a War Monk!

Devs reveal only Fates characters

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also the voice acting sucks!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also no, the voice acting doesn't suck! PS: Elise, Sakura and Azura when?

Devs reveal Elise

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! But she's so goddamn cute!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, she's cute af! PS: Sakura and Azura when?

Devs reveal Sakura

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! She's cute as well, but they're just clones!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Yeah, Sakura's in it too!

Boxart Leak

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Thank god Lyn, Celica and Shiida are in! Now we need Ike!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Why the fuck are Lyn and Celica in the game? They're not from SD, Awakening and Fates!

Devs officially reveal Lyn

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Cool, but we already knew about her!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also Lyn is another sword character, the devs are liars, they lost their credibility!

Devs officially reveal Celica

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Yes, Celica's in too, but she's Marth clone!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, she's just a Marth clone, Lyn and Celica are wasted slots!

Devs officially reveal Shiida and Tiki

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also 'bout time Mist quote, we already knew of Shiida and Tiki!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, we already knew of them, but where's Azura again?

Devs officially deconfirm Azura in the base game

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also WTF?!? Azura's the main character from Fates!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, dudes, WTF?!? We didn't need Elise and Sakura in spite of Azura!

Devs reveal DLC plans

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also, no Jugdral/Elibe/Tellius DLC packs? At all? Fuck you! Now no one can use the "WaIt FoR dLc!!1!1!!1+1=2!!" excuse!

Optimistic Fans: ehm... yOu JuSt HaVe To WaIt UnTiL wE sEe ThE fUlL rOsTeR, oR wAiT fOr ThE sEcOnD wAvE oF DLC!!!

Moral: we're just a bunch of hypocrites that can't accept people complaining about objectively wrong marketing manouvers and that can't accept people liking this game regardless

honestly, i can stand people constanty coplaining and people that have no problems with the game: the ones i can't absolutely stand are the ones that feel compelled to be excessively optimistic and negate others' complainings

those i can't really stand

Edited by Yexin

22 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

He was seen standing with other characters that were all confirmed playable so far. I don't see what argument can be made that he is just an NPC.

He isn't on the box with all the other characters. That's the argument.

27 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out!

Devs reveal only Awakening and Fates characters, and they're all sword characters

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also your "too many swords" excuse is bullshit!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster! We're getting non-sword characters, just wait for them!

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Enough with this awakening/fates favoritism! Also why s Lissa using an axe? We want Hector!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also Lissa can use axes if she's a War Monk!

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also the voice acting sucks!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also no, the voice acting doesn't suck! PS: Elise, Sakura and Azura when?

Devs reveal Elise

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! But she's so goddamn cute!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, she's cute af! PS: Sakura and Azura when?

Devs reveal Sakura

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! She's cute as well, but they're just clones!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Yeah, Sakura's in it too!

Boxart Leak

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Thank god Lyn, Celica and Shiida are in! Now we need Ike!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Why the fuck are Lyn and Celica in the game? They're not from SD, Awakening and Fates!

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Cool, but we already knew about her!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also Lyn is another sword character, the devs are liars, they lost their credibility!

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Yes, Celica's in too, but she's Marth clone!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, she's just a Marth clone, Lyn and Celica are wasted slots!

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also 'bout time Mist quote, we already knew of Shiida and Tiki!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, we already knew of them, but where's Azura again?

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also WTF?!? Azura's the main character from Fates!

Optimistic Fans: You just have to wait until we see the full roster, or wait for DLC! Also yeah, dudes, WTF?!? We didn't need Elise and Sakura in spite of Azura!

Devs reveal DLC plans

Angry Fans: We want you to recognize older games as well! They don't deserve to be completely left out! Also, no Jugdral/Elibe/Tellius DLC packs? At all? Fuck you! Now no one can use the "WaIt FoR dLc!!1!1!!1+1=2!!" excuse!

Optimistic Fans: ehm... yOu JuSt HaVe To WaIt UnTiL wE sEe ThE fUlL rOsTeR, oR wAiT fOr ThE sEcOnD wAvE oF DLC!!!

Moral: we're just a bunch of hypocrites that can't accept people complaining about objectively wrong marketing manouvers and that can't accept people liking this game regardless

honestly, i can stand people constanty coplaining and people that have no problems with the game: the ones i can't absolutely stand are the ones that feel compelled to be excessively optimistic and negate others' complainings

cant say thats hypocrisy as much as new fans vs old, besides the old fans complaint seem pretty consistent to me from reading your followings there, seems like the optimistic are the ones a bit confused or denial.

22 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Devs reveal Elise

Devs reveal Sakura

Boxart Leak

Devs reveal DLC plans

...Yeah, this is pretty much how it's been, I'd say. Though I still also blame the bad PR as well.

14 minutes ago, Lau said:

That consistentcy from the 'angry fans' just sounds like they're beating a dead horse. It gets annoying, so of course the 'optimistic fans' will get irritated.

while you see that i see ignorance from the apparently optimistic band, but that's the beauty of perspectives right?

28 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Devs reveal Elise

Devs reveal Sakura

Boxart Leak

Devs reveal DLC plans

I want to argue against this, but there's too many facts to deny...

14 minutes ago, Kagetura said:

cant say thats hypocrisy as much as new fans vs old, besides the old fans complaint seem pretty consistent to me from reading your followings there, seems like the optimistic are the ones a bit confused or denial.

yes, it is hypocrisy

first elitists wanted older characters, but then when celica showed up they said "booooo, she's just a marth clone, we don't want this!"

"you wanted older characters? here's celica, now shut up", and i can't but agree with this devs' idea

first optimistic fans tried to defend the game in every way possible, but then when they saw the devs' decisions were agains them, they just ignored the evidence and kept on defending

now you can't tell people to wait for dlc for older characters, huh?

no, they're still doing it

also, yes, we knew elitists' complains since months, and their idea hasn't changed, so yeah, they're the ones knowing what they really want, and that haven't been given them enough to make them get the game

optimistic fans don't understand that it's not that they should get over the devs' stupid decisions because you can't come and tell me ike, marth, chrom, ephraim and hector would sell less than only awakening and fates, given how things are going, optimistic fans are the ones that should get over elitists' complains, since they have every right to complain just like everyone in this world. of course it's annoying, but we have no one to blame but the developers if such a situation showed up

please note that i'm not complaining, i'm just tired of seeing this useless war, and tried to make everyone laugh about it, by showing how stupid the two factions have become

also, @omegaxis1, i'm right here, waiting for your arguments

Edited by Yexin

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

yes, it is hypocrisy

first elitists wanted older characters, but then when celica showed up they said "booooo, she's just a marth clone, we don't want this!"

"you wanted older characters? here's celica, now shut up", and i can't but agree with this devs' idea

first optimistic fans tried to defend the game in every way possible, but then when they saw the devs' decisions were agains them, they just ignored the evidence and kept on defending

now you can't tell people to wait for dlc for older characters, huh?

no, they're still doing it

also, yes, we knew elitists' complains since months, and their idea hasn't changed, so yeah, they're the ones knowing what they really want, and that haven't been given them enough to make them get the game

optimistic fans don't understand that it's not that they should get over the devs' stupid decisions because you can't come and tell me ike, marth, chrom, ephraim and hector would sell less than only awakening and fates, given how things are going, optimistic fans are the ones that should get over elitists' complains, since they have every right to complain just like everyone in this world. of course it's annoying, but we have no one to blame but the developers if such a situation showed up

please note that i'm not complaining, i'm just tired of seeing this useless war, and tried to make everyone laugh about it, by showing how stupid the two factions have become

also, @omegaxis1, i'm right here, waiting for your arguments

You make it sound like I live for arguments, bro. 

Anyways, I'm one of those "optimistic" fans, and I try to look at the bright side of things. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not upset about what's happening, nor am I gonna continuously defend points that are now against it. I figured that there were still slots open and we'd see more characters, but the roster seems to be done right about now, and we didn't get Ike or enough SD characters, or even Azura. I honestly feel that Elise and Sakura should have been left out and maybe act as NPCs, and we'd have Azura in at least. 

And this DLC pack kind of screwed itself over because it was a perfectly good opportunity to use other games, but instead, we get even MORE Fates, Awakening, and SD characters. I don't think that was a good call on their part. 

Everything wrong with this game's roster has less to do with what's in the game and more to do with what's not in the game.

People see Lissa. Instead of reacting with "Hey that looks like a cool Axe user", they react with "WTF why isn't Hector in this game". When they see Lyn, instead of reacting "Awesome, a character from Fire Emblem Blazing Blade!" they react with "They shoehorn in another swordfighter?"

I find it fucking stupid that most people's reaction to this game's roster is alway disappointment, disappointment, disappointment, just because "X character didn't make it in" or "Y character didn't make it in". I get it, I really do. I was disappointed that Alm and Hector and Roy and Ephraim didn't make it into the base roster and will likely never appear in the final game. But is that really enough to justify disappointment being the ONLY thing talked about? Are other things like Bond conversations and potential history mode maps revolving around the characters in the game really so superfluous, that they can't be even remotely discussed and have to be drowned out with people constantly saying "fuck this roster" "fuck this roster" "fuck this roster".

THIS is why I hate the negativity surrounding the game. Its not so much because people are disappointed, but because any remote semblance of discussion about other things is always drowned out. When the final Pokken roster was revealed, I never saw the Pokemon fanbase complain to this extent. Rather, they talked more about other things, like how the potential game mechanics were going to work, and dissected a lot of what was going on in footage. People who weren't interested in the game didn't post, and people who were interested delved deeper into the footage shown. They didn't just complain.

But whatever, a "blind optimist" like myself has no reason to be heard or listened to, right?

17 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Everything wrong with this game's roster has less to do with what's in the game and more to do with what's not in the game.

People see Lissa. Instead of reacting with "Hey that looks like a cool Axe user", they react with "WTF why isn't Hector in this game". When they see Lyn, instead of reacting "Awesome, a character from Fire Emblem Blazing Blade!" they react with "They shoehorn in another swordfighter?"

I find it fucking stupid that most people's reaction to this game's roster is alway disappointment, disappointment, disappointment, just because "X character didn't make it in" or "Y character didn't make it in". I get it, I really do. I was disappointed that Alm and Hector and Roy and Ephraim didn't make it into the base roster and will likely never appear in the final game. But is that really enough to justify disappointment being the ONLY thing talked about? Are other things like Bond conversations and potential history mode maps revolving around the characters in the game really so superfluous, that they can't be even remotely discussed and have to be drowned out with people constantly saying "fuck this roster" "fuck this roster" "fuck this roster".

THIS is why I hate the negativity surrounding the game. Its not so much because people are disappointed, but because any remote semblance of discussion about other things is always drowned out. When the final Pokken roster was revealed, I never saw the Pokemon fanbase complain to this extent. Rather, they talked more about other things, like how the potential game mechanics were going to work, and dissected a lot of what was going on in footage. People who weren't interested in the game didn't post, and people who were interested delved deeper into the footage shown. They didn't just complain.

But whatever, a "blind optimist" like myself has no reason to be heard or listened to, right?

maybe because the pokemon fanbase was decently represented tho? notice the generational picks. many of those are generational favorites.

Edited by Kagetura