Let's talk about everything wrong with Warriors' cast

Jonahtron

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You make it sound like I live for arguments, bro. 

Anyways, I'm one of those "optimistic" fans, and I try to look at the bright side of things. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not upset about what's happening, nor am I gonna continuously defend points that are now against it. I figured that there were still slots open and we'd see more characters, but the roster seems to be done right about now, and we didn't get Ike or enough SD characters, or even Azura. I honestly feel that Elise and Sakura should have been left out and maybe act as NPCs, and we'd have Azura in at least. 

And this DLC pack kind of screwed itself over because it was a perfectly good opportunity to use other games, but instead, we get even MORE Fates, Awakening, and SD characters. I don't think that was a good call on their part. 

i respect your mind firmness, seriously

it's that i just can't but see this game as a huge missed opportunity: i hope the game's good, really, i'm just disappointed of the fact that, appearently, this is not the game i was dreaming of

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Yexin said:

it's that i just can't but see this game as a huge missed opportunity: i hope the game's good, really, i'm just disappointed of the fact that, appearently, this is not the game i was dreaming of

and i can second this response wholeheartedly.

2 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Oh, okay. Well, I generally love debates, so that could be a reason. XD

But though I tend to be optimistic, I won't try to defend blindly and try to see ways that are positive. However, I admit that this game really is a huge missed opportunity. The DLC could easily have kept the SD characters, since we are direly lacking in them, and maybe have had Tellius and Elibe. Especially in regards to how Ike and Roy have amiibos. They should have at the very least kept that in mind and made use of it for this game.

13 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Everything wrong with this game's roster has less to do with what's in the game and more to do with what's not in the game.

People see Lissa. Instead of reacting with "Hey that looks like a cool Axe user", they react with "WTF why isn't Hector in this game". When they see Lyn, instead of reacting "Awesome, a character from Fire Emblem Blazing Blade!" they react with "They shoehorn in another swordfighter?"

I find it fucking stupid that most people's reaction to this game's roster is alway disappointment, disappointment, disappointment, just because "X character didn't make it in" or "Y character didn't make it in". I get it, I really do. I was disappointed that Alm and Hector and Roy and Ephraim didn't make it into the base roster and will likely never appear in the final game. But is that really enough to justify disappointment being the ONLY thing talked about? Are other things like Bond conversations and potential history mode maps revolving around the characters in the game really so superfluous, that they can't be even remotely discussed and have to be drowned out with people constantly saying "fuck this roster" "fuck this roster" "fuck this roster".

THIS is why I hate the negativity surrounding the game. Its not so much because people are disappointed, but because any remote semblance of discussion about other things is always drowned out. When the final Pokken roster was revealed, I never saw the Pokemon fanbase complain to this extent. Rather, they talked more about other things, like how the potential game mechanics were going to work, and dissected a lot of what was going on in footage. People who weren't interested in the game didn't post, and people who were interested delved deeper into the footage shown. They didn't just complain.

But whatever, a "blind optimist" like myself has no reason to be heard or listened to, right?

It'd be one thing if this was what the developers wanted, but this roster was decided by corporate interests.

Koei Tecmo wanted to have the game be a celebration of the whole series, and wanted deep cuts. IS put the kibosh on that and told them to build the roster based on popularity polls. Nintendo went a step further and told them to pick from the games that sold the most, which ultimately limited the franchise to Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates.

When they revealed this months ago, it was just salt on a wound that wasn't getting treatment, and for me, it's a constant reminder of what this game could have been. As nice as Lyn and Celica are, it's clear that Lyn is in because of IS and the CYL Heroes poll, and it's clear that Celica is in because they can just give her Marth's moveset and because her game is new.

Any time there's some silver lining to this game, there's another dark cloud that makes it really hard to get excited.

Edited by Slumber

47 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

He isn't on the box with all the other characters. That's the argument.

Maybe, just maybe...the boxart does not have all the characters.

13 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

Maybe, just maybe...the boxart does not have all the characters.

It probably does though. I could still see villains being playable and not on the box, but that's about it. We know this is all the fates playable fates protagonists, as Azura is confirmed not in the game. Why would they show all the characters for one game and not the others? Doesn't make a whole lot of since, does it? Especially since 25 is already a ton of characters. I highly doubt they'll be more.