Stay updated or stay away?

salobrenio

So as someone pointed out in an earlier topic, the game is finally hitting Japanese shelves in barely 4 days. And as a logical consequence, it won't even be one day without having lots and lots of reveals and secrets the developers haven't shown us yet. And hence the reason for this topic, so hopefully you can help me make my mind about this. Are you going to stay updated once the game's out in Japan and have everything revealed to you, or are you going to instead stay in a internet-free shelter trying not to get any kind of information about the game until the 20th October?

As many expressed, it's quite obvious that the game has a lot more than they've shown us. We don't even know if those History Mode maps are all of them, the potential rewards they could have (including hidden characters, weapons and skins), how long the Story Mode is going to be, extras, etcetera. I have to admit I'd be happy with what they've shown us so far, but secrets and rewards are something I always have loved about games. And by that I mean discovering them myself.

So, what are you going to do, guys? I'm leaning more for hiding and wait for the game only having the information I currently have, but I'd like you to express your opinions. Thank you in advance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, salobrenio said:

So as someone pointed out in an earlier topic, the game is finally hitting Japanese shelves in barely 4 days. And as a logical consequence, it won't even be one day without having lots and lots of reveals and secrets the developers haven't shown us yet. And hence the reason for this topic, so hopefully you can help me make my mind about this. Are you going to stay updated once the game's out in Japan and have everything revealed to you, or are you going to instead stay in a internet-free shelter trying not to get any kind of information about the game until the 20th October?

As many expressed, it's quite obvious that the game has a lot more than they've shown us. We don't even know if those History Mode maps are all of them, the potential rewards they could have (including hidden characters, weapons and skins), how long the Story Mode is going to be, extras, etcetera. I have to admit I'd be happy with what they've shown us so far, but secrets and rewards are something I always have loved about games. And by that I mean discovering them myself.

So, what are you going to do, guys? I'm leaning more for hiding and wait for the game only having the information I currently have, but I'd like you to express your opinions. Thank you in advance.

I'm getting the Japanese version and am going to be one of those people who shows off the game via streams haha, so I'm staying in. 

I will also be getting the Japanese version, so I am staying in. Also, if I can get my hands on the game script, I'll be more than happy to translate the bond conversations and related stuff.

I've got mixed feelings. There ARE some questions I'd like answered before I get the game, but I don't want story spoilers and if there's any real big secrets like hidden characters I'd rather avoid those too. I mostly just want mechanical details and the like.

How does this idea sound? Once the game comes out, we should make a thread where anybody can ask any question they desire about the game, and somebody who's spoiled themself or has the Japanese version can answer, but all answers must be hidden inside spoilertags and denoted as to which question they're answering, that way people can pick and choose what they want to know.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I'm gonna stay updated. There is a 50/50 chance I'm not getting the game because of money issues so in the case I can't get the game, at least I can still enjoy myself through others content.

Also, no matter what game, if I say that I'm not gonna spoil myself (Like I intended on with Fates), I always do anyways cause I'm weak as fuck.

I'm glad someone made this topic, because I've been thinking about this a lot the last few days. For me I'm still unsure, on one hand part of me wants to see if there are any hidden things/characters and the like but the other also doesn't want to get spoiled on everything. It may be a mix, for characters I'll probably look, for story stuff and bond conversations, etc. I'll try to avert my eyes

I blackout from this site whenever a main series game releases because I don't want the plot being spoiled, but I won't for Warriors. I highly doubt the game will feature a compelling plot. And every character people seem to speculate is going to be in as a recruitable villain is just another clone, so I doubt there's anything worthy of keeping unspoiled as far as gameplay is concerned. It definitely looks like they showed us their whole hand.

Edited by Glennstavos

If there are any secret characters as it's been the common opinion since the Navarre leak, I want to know about it, so yeah, I'll stay updated.

It's also just a Warriors game, so there's no way I'd bother to try avoiding story spoilers or anything like that. Mostly because it's just going to be generic fluff.

What I won't do much of, however, is watching gameplay. Not only is Warriors one of those franchises that are really fun to play yet awfully boring to expectate, but seeing too much of the thing would drain my eagerness to jump into the game when it's released here.

Yeah, if there really are secret characters, I'd like to know too. Because so far, the roster doesn't satisfy me enough. Yeah, Frederick is there and he's my second favorite FE character ever. I like Ryoma a lot too. But...that's really it. There's no one else I care THAT much about.

Not going to buy unless I know who else is in and I get an idea of the moveset situation. Unlike Hyrule Warriors, this will not be an unconditional purchase where I didn't know who was in prior to the buy for the most part.

I will stay away from plot and mission data stuff though. Not because it'll be good, but so that when I play through everything the first time there will be sense of surprise and freshness.

As somebody who was excited, then turned off completely, and am now back on the fence, I will be staying updated. I want a more full idea of this game before putting down $50 on it.

Edited by Slumber

I'd like to stay away once it releases to not get spoiled. Even though I know the story won't be the best thing ever I'd still prefer going in blind and enjoy whatever it has to offer.
However, I'd at least like to know if there really are hidden playable characters that they haven't announced or if Navarre is just an NPC.

28 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I've got mixed feelings. There ARE some questions I'd like answered before I get the game, but I don't want story spoilers and if there's any real big secrets like hidden characters I'd rather avoid those too. I mostly just want mechanical details and the like.

How does this idea sound? Once the game comes out, we should make a thread where anybody can ask any question they desire about the game, and somebody who's spoiled themself or has the Japanese version can answer, but all answers must be hidden inside spoilertags and denoted as to which question they're answering, that way people can pick and choose what they want to know.

This could work. I like it.

32 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Sounds like a solid plan to me, Could be like the past FE games threads where we had a similar system. 

12 minutes ago, Reese Balaski said:

I'm staying in. Spoilers, details, and secrets have never and will never deter me from buying the game and having fun. I'm also quite looking forward to @Jedi's streams of the game~

Glad you're excited! I'm kinda nervous considering the whiplash reception people are giving it, I hope the stream doesn't have troubles...

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

No thoughts on my idea? I think it could be a good idea for us who want to know some things but not other things.

I agree with you as well. I actually am not that afraid of spoiling the story because whenever I saw something related, I could quickly turn my eyes away. But it's hard to do when you see "NAVARRE'S IN" or mention any unlockable character/weapon/mode.

However, it'll be hard to do such a thing, since many people will directly post a thread or topic regarding unlockable stuff instead. It'd be necessary for all to watch this in order to make that happen. I can't deny it'd be cool to keep coming here during early October and find no spoilers and stuff! It may be hard to keep my eyes and hands away from spoilers but I really, really want to enjoy this game to the max.

Just now, SavageVolug said:

I just want to know two things: 1) Is Minerva in? 2) Is Ogma part of the cast? Anything else I don't want to know about.

If I can remember to do so i'll PM you when I find out.

2 minutes ago, salobrenio said:

I agree with you as well. I actually am not that afraid of spoiling the story because whenever I saw something related, I could quickly turn my eyes away. But it's hard to do when you see "NAVARRE'S IN" or mention any unlockable character/weapon/mode.

However, it'll be hard to do such a thing, since many people will directly post a thread or topic regarding unlockable stuff instead. It'd be necessary for all to watch this in order to make that happen. I can't deny it'd be cool to keep coming here during early October and find no spoilers and stuff! It may be hard to keep my eyes and hands away from spoilers but I really, really want to enjoy this game to the max.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll leave the subforum entirely but follow this hypothetical thread. At worst there might be a spoiler in the "Next Unread Topic" button, but I'll take that chance.

Although the worse thing is probably people's avatars and signatures. I remember I actually tried to go into Pokemon X and Y unspoiled after the data leak, but everyone and their mother on the forum I frequented would go and put their new favorite Pokemon in their avatars and signatures.

Edited by Anomalocaris