Stay updated or stay away?

salobrenio

i'll stay updated about the characters, both unrevealed ones and "paywall" ones

i'd like to know some mechanics too, but i'll try to avoid story spoiler

if i end up discovering something about the latter, well, too bad, i'll deal with it, since i don't think the story is one of the main reasons one would play a warriors game

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Although the worse thing is probably people's avatars and signatures. I remember I actually tried to go into Pokemon X and Y unspoiled after the data leak, but everyone and their mother on the forum I frequented would go and put their new favorite Pokemon in their avatars and signatures.

It might not be bad idea for someone to post a little heads up for all forum goers saying "Please refrain from displaying anything spolierish from FEW for the next couple months (say until the end of January). Thank you".

I'm so weak when it comes to spoilers but man do I love a fresh experience. I spoiled every last thing in Fates yet I still enjoyed the game play. I'll just spoil myself the full roster and then see if I can hold out. I swear I'm worse than a kitten when it comes to curiosity.

I just want to know the full roster because as of right now I am not all that happy with it.  I will try to avoid story spoilers and things like that, but who I get to play as is a must know for me.

I'm one of those crazy people who like to know everything before getting into it, so I'll be following the updates.

While I always planned on getting the title and still am, I do wonder about the "secret characters" and if there are more Shadow Dragon heroes than publically shown. If the full roster "fixes" some of the problems I had with the reveals, then I can rest somewhat easy knowing that the game itself fits my initial expectations and the PR just sucked.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I've got mixed feelings. There ARE some questions I'd like answered before I get the game, but I don't want story spoilers and if there's any real big secrets like hidden characters I'd rather avoid those too. I mostly just want mechanical details and the like.

How does this idea sound? Once the game comes out, we should make a thread where anybody can ask any question they desire about the game, and somebody who's spoiled themself or has the Japanese version can answer, but all answers must be hidden inside spoilertags and denoted as to which question they're answering, that way people can pick and choose what they want to know.

Hit me over the head once this happens.

---

I don't have much of a choice in the matter. While I'd love for everything to be a surprise, I also have to make sure that things don't blow up in the wrong direction (a la Fates).  Hence I shall be spoiled under protest.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hit me over the head once this happens.

---

I don't have much of a choice in the matter. While I'd love for everything to be a surprise, I also have to make sure that things don't blow up in the wrong direction (a la Fates).  Hence I shall be spoiled under protest.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

By "hit you over the head" I assume you mean notify you about setting up the topic in question, yes?

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Thank you for your sacrifice.

By "hit you over the head" I assume you mean notify you about setting up the topic in question, yes?

Yep, whether it's you or someone else!

I guess I'll be saying goodbye in a few days, then. Being a month away shouldn't be that hard... right?

But really, I was spoiled with Fates, I was spoiled with Pokémon (I miss those times when I played Pearl having no idea at all about the new Pokémon), and I was spoiled with Smash Bros. And a few more I can't remember right now. For my favorite franchise, I want to remain as ignorant as possible, though knowing that Caeda's in is a real relief.

I'm that kind of guy who finds excitement and enjoyment even in the smallest and tiniest of details, so having someone else discover it instead ruins part of the fun to me. Even the interface of a game is important to me, I want to find out all by myself. I have to admit, though, that it'll be funny to read all the people's reactions over here after the game's out. I don't want to risk going to other websites to check reactions, even less after all I've heard.

So, well, hopefully university will keep me busy until the game's here! And I'll be telling you about the Special Edition issue. Interestingly enough, that retailer hasn't confirmed the payment yet, and the image's still down probably because Anna's not been announced yet. In two days I'll be making my own shelter! Wish me luck!

I'll partially stay updated, mainly to get a taste of how exactly the game mechanics work and to see each mode in action. I'm particularly curious about co-op, and whether the cut-in portraits and slow-motion during musou finishers is removed. A very minor detail, but it's been plaguing my mind for a long time.

Even if i wanted to stay out of spoilers. other media like youtube will spoil me anyway with japanese footage and other details i try to keep hidden from myself. but ill defedently try to not spoil myself from this fourm.

I think this is one thing I'm going to stay finely tuned in to.

I'm a day one buy, and I can't wait to play as Xander & Marth. I'd like to know if the roster is finalized at this point or not - Navarre being up in the air and whatnot. I still have nothing but hype for the game, I just haven't been posting much less I shrivel up like a slug in the salt mines.

I honestly can't wait!

I don't really care about spoilers. I'll just stay on top of what interests me.

I definitely want to know the final roster. I really want Navarre to be in it, especially. I've stopped caring about 'too many swords' when Lyn and Celica got introduced. Have another sword - just let it be Navarre :D

As for story spoilers... Eh, I can't imagine they'll be too huge. I have a few things that I want to know, but they'll likely be end game so I'll have to wait a little while until I bother looking up the spoilers.

I have no plans to watch livestreams, etc. That's not really my way of doing things ^.^