• Lyn.
  3. 3. Who do you pair Lyn with?

• Florina.
    • Rath.
    • Kent.
    • Eliwood.
    • Hector.

2 hours ago, MCProductions said:

Bride Lyn's Level 40 dialogue: "Oh, sorry. I was staring at you. You remind me of someone I know Kiran. My husband? You're kidding right?"

Hate to rain on your parade but... 

Ah, she's just playing hard to get. Lyndis is would never admit to loving anyone. That Hector x Lyn scene with A support? Too good. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Augestein said:

Ah, she's just playing hard to get. Lyndis is would never admit to loving anyone. 

Except that Lyn almost immediately follows up that "My husband? You're kidding, right?" statement with a confirmation that Mark is who she's talking about when she says "You remind me of someone I know" to the summoner in Heroes. I don't know about you, but I'm sure that pretty much spells out that Lyn's eventual husband and Mark are two different people.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, Just call me AL said:

Except that Lyn almost immediately follows up that "My husband? You're kidding, right?" statement with a confirmation that Mark is who she's talking about when she says "You remind me of someone I know" to the summoner in Heroes. I don't know about you, but I'm sure that pretty much spells out that Lyn's eventual husband and Mark are two different people.

In the heroes universe. I mean, this is the world with Archer Faye. 

38 minutes ago, unique said:

it's not

I just looked it up. But it's odd, though. Since the class itself was never gender-locked.

Anyways, my initial question was this: What does Faye being an archer in Heroes have to do with Lyn/Mark being sunk by Lyn herself?

Presumably, the point is that Heroes is not consistent with the main series' canon, so Lyn's line isn't much of a proof for or against anything. (To which I say that canon is a bourgeois concept anyway)

Edited by ping

eliwood/ninian is really cute i like it a lot

i like rath/lyn the most for lyn but i think it's because i like the idea of her being sue's mom and i love sue
i really can't think of any lyn pairing i don't like actually

i like all of hector's options too but i remember liking hector/florina a lot at some point so i went with that

5 hours ago, ping said:

Presumably, the point is that Heroes is not consistent with the main series' canon, so Lyn's line isn't much of a proof for or against anything. 

But at the same time, it isn't like it's a fan that developed Heroes or something. Canon or not, I would say that the inclusion of the line about the Heroes summoner reminding her of Mark, and Lyn asking "you're kidding, right?" when asked if the summoner reminded her of her husband, would be pretty much the closest thing to I.S. saying "we're not going to pair Lyn with Mark to please anyone." In a similar vein, Brave Lyn does express desire to continue her bloodline, which might have her canonical marital status post-FE7 lean more towards being married to whoever's among her support lists in FE7 that has a child in FE6.

Edited by Just call me AL

Hector x Lyn ftw. I love their dynamic a lot.

I don't care for any of Eliwood's options much, but since I definitely prefer Fiora and Lyn with other guys (Sain and Hector respectively), Ninian gets my vote.

Eliwood x Ninian is just the cutest shit and I love it so much. The thought of Manakete!Roy leads to so many ideas.

Hector x Lyn is really great, from the banter, to...well, everything else. Also, the thought of Lilina being at least competent in swordplay...<3

• 5 weeks later...

I've paired Eliwood with Ninian not because of the canon pushing it, but also because I felt it was his most genuine and moving support. Sure, Fiora isn't so bad a match, but in terms of actually getting her to support him... Let's just say I usually stuck with Florina for my pegasus knight.

I don't really like any of Hector's romantic options. Sure, the secret dialogues you can unlock in the lategame of HHM when you support him and Lyn are sweet as can be, but I've never been fond of the antagonistic relationship types. I get their concept, but I'm not fond of them in general. Besides, the other reason I don't pair him with Lyn...

Florina. Lyn and Florina are the cutest couple ever. They're just the sweetest! I could die if exposed to too much of them they're love is so beautiful. Or maybe that's just all the I'm gay talking. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lyn and Florina are truly the best! Everything about them is just great. I find it hard to pair her up with anyone else tbh. Lyn and Hector are popular but I don’t really care for them as I can’t really see them working out in a relationship. Eliwood and Lyn also fail to convince me that they actually love each other in a romantic way and are simply comfortable just being in a platonic relationship (despite what that the game might want you think with that marriage scene)

Hector and Florina! (Yes I’m aware I just paired her up with Lyn but whatever) I’m a sucker for the “jock that falls in love with the shy” they’re honestly just so cute together. Can’t really comment on his supports with Farina.

On 9/25/2017 at 6:52 AM, Michelaar said:

No Eliwood x Hector trash poll

Ugh... well I’ll tell you it’s definitely not Ninian. Idk I don’t really like anyone with Eliwood. It’s a weird notion that Eliwood had to end up with someone in the army as opposed to meeting his wife after the war. Anyway my vote goes to Eliwood x random girl and Eliwood x Hector

7 hours ago, HeroMystic said:

No love for HectorxFarina?

They have the best banter, and unlike many supports, Hector helps Farina grow as a character a lot.

Based on the Epilogue without Mark, though, Farina doesn't seem to go through any character growth when paired with Hector.

Lyn/Florina is just one of my favorite pairings in all of Fire Emblem

Hector/Farina is really good also

and then I go Eliwood/Fiora mostly because I want to continue the Lord/Pegasus Knight theming

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much went Eliwood/Fiora, Lyn/Florina, and Hector/Farina the last time I did a playthrough. It just matched up for me, even though honestly I'm certain Ninian is the canon mother of Roy.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's already accepted by the community that Eliwood and Ninian are the parents of Roy. Even storywise makes the most sense.

My other votes are Hector/Florina and Lyn/Rath.

Now I'm both really like Hector and Lilina, and I do find the Hector/Lyn ending great in Blazing Sword, I think Lilina would be a different personality with these parents. This is why I feel like Florina is more like a possible parent for Lilina. Farina reminds me more to Thany/Shanna with a more mature look.

It's hard to find the right pair for Lyn, I don't think there was any hint for her in Binding Blade at all, but correct me if I'm wrong. But if I need to pick between Kent and Rath, I'd say it's probably Rath.