• Farina.
    • Lyn.
  3. 3. Who do you pair Lyn with?

• Florina.
    • Rath.
    • Kent.
    • Eliwood.
    • Hector.

How is saying that about Lyn misinformation? Almost every ending where Caelin is brought up has Lyn abdicating her position. Even if you pair her with Hector or Eliwood, since the endings of Kent, Sain, Wil, and Florina still state she abdicates and gives Caelin to Ostia. Her attachment to Lycia ain't big to begin with, for a start. As for attached to the plains... well, that's the only place she goes if she leaves Lycia. After all, it's where she was born, where she grew up, spent almost all of her life save for just the last year and so. Why wouldn't, when her attachment to Lycia is only through the people she is/gets close to. Without being paired with Hector or Eliwood, she leaves once her grandfather dies. Regardless if she's not paired, or is paired with Florina, Kent, or Rath. These last three who, unlike Hector and Eliwood, aren't really attached to Lycia either. Even Kent. It's quite telling that he only stays in Caelin if he's unpaired. Being paired with Fiora or Farina doesn't mean they stay with him in Calein. He leaves for Illia with them. And with Lyn, well, he also leaves Lycia as well, though to Sacae instead.

In short, her staying in Lycia needs to have conditions attached that don't have to happen. Returning to Sacae instead has less strings attached and depends on something that always happens. Another way to see it is as a numbers games. Of Lyn's six possible endings, it's four of leaving to Sacae against just two for staying in Lycia.

As a side note, I am in the opinion that unless confirmed through another source, anything that is optional in a game is in limbo when it comes to canonicity. So Lyn's default ending would be her solo ending, since that's what happens by only doing what's mandatory. So she leaves Lycia by default.

---

Anyway, when it comes to pairing the lords, my preferred choices are EliwoodxNinian, HectorxFlorina, and LynxRath. Just my opinion on the matter. Personally, I am in the opinion that when it comes to games like Fire Emblem, where the story skips days or even weeks between the playable segments, that it'd be absurd to assume what happened or didn't happened during those time skips. As such, I don't find myself too bothered if character interactions between any given pair or group are not shown to us the players. For there is plenty of unseen segments where such things could've or couldn't have happened.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn choose loved ones before her homeland before. It's not that surprising when she do it second time. She might love Sacae, but she is also very caring and loyal to people around her. 

Plus Hector x Lyn have own tune. 

Edited by Tenzen12

It's true to an extent, but it also boils down to who exactly. Haussen, Hector, and Eliwood all have big ties and obligations to Lycia. In contrast, someone like Kent isn't, so if Lyn marries him they don't stay in Lycia. Same for Florina. If she's the person Lyn ends up closest with, they don't stay either. Heck, Lyn doesn't even go to Illia with her, she goes for Sacae anyway while Florina returns to Illia. It's quite telling that Lyn only stays if she has someone who is tied hard enough to the place. That speaks a lot about her attachment, or lack thereof, to the different areas of Elibe.

The tune is nice and all, but I'm pretty sure it's not quite relevant to that particular topic.

Exactly if she get together with someone who has ties with Lycia (lords) she stay there. If she get together with someone else she can eat cake and still have it, so she can do whatever she wants. Point staying in Lycia with her would be husband is not out of character as some people try imply. 

As for tune (and other bonus conten), I dare say it is relevant.  If game take extra effort develop and reward one pairing with multiple extra contrnt over all other others it's solid hint it's most relevant one of bunch. 

Hector X Lyn isn't canon, Nino x Jaffar is not either and in the end not even Eliwood x Ninian can be considered one. It's implied these are closest thing to Canon we get though. 

Don't know of anyone thinking that, but I would agree to the notion that the plains at least are like a safety net, so to speak.

Not relevant for the attachment discussion, I meant. I can conceed that about relevancy in a limited medium like a video game. However, an argument could be made that this isn't always the case. It's out of topic, though.

On the subject of canonicity, I still stand that this needs confirmation from outside sources. Binding Blade gave us stuff where we could pinpoint the likes of NinoxJaffar and EliwoodxNinian (well, for Eliwood, it'd be more like stating that it can't be EliwoodxLyn) to be implied canon. As far as I can tell, though, nothing of the sort for Hector and his pairing choices. Or any other material givs information on the subject, for that matter.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

fFair enough. Thing is Is have policy of not canonise any pairing so there is and will not be any "outside source" on that matter so we really have nothing tangible but FE7 implication and tidbits from FE6 which also doesn't confirm anything explicitly. 

...Unless you count FEH which totally confirms Hector x Lyn with no room for doubts.