Japanese Fans voted for their favorite FE

Dandy Druid

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hopefully, it is! At least I want it to be.

Imagine how much press FE4 would get when the twist happens. I'm sure there'd be good money in FE4 coming overseas.

Just now, Slumber said:

I imagine the pompadours and mullets would be gone.

On one hand, it’s for the best (see E:SoV). On the other hand, it’s glorious 80s hair. Lana can’t just give up and let Genny be fluffier than her.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

NOOOOOOOOO! They give Jugdral its character!

They got rid of Deen's hi-top mullet and Kliff's derpface. Nothing is sacred.

10 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Can we safely assume an FE4 remake is coming?

Considering how much IS ignores Jugdral I won't believe it until I see it, theres also this. 

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-director-on-the-name-wants-to-remake-binding-blade-the-most/

28 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Considering how much IS ignores Jugdral I won't believe it until I see it, theres also this. 

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-director-on-the-name-wants-to-remake-binding-blade-the-most/

I can understand going for Binding blade with its Roy and its Smash appeal but deliberately skipping Jugdral wouldn't sit right with me.

Making the deliberate decision to skip Jugdral despite the black sheep of the series being given a chance gives the message Jugdral is second rate and unworthy of attenion.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can understand going for Binding blade with its Roy and its Smash appeal but deliberately skipping Jugdral wouldn't sit right with me.

Making the deliberate decision to skip Jugdral despite the black sheep of the series being given a chance gives the message Jugdral is second rate and unworthy of attenion.

I've always felt since both FE4 and FE5 more than any of the other older FE's had much more of a fully Kaga feel in terms of how different they are, that IS has wanted to distance themselves from the games as much as possible since his departure and their suing of him.

Of course I have no evidence for this, but it seems possible.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Jedi said:

I've always felt since both FE4 and FE5 more than any of the other older FE's had much more of a fully Kaga feel in terms of how different they are, that IS has wanted to distance themselves from the games as much as possible since his departure and their suing of him.

But remaking Jugdral could also give IS the chance to claim it as their own, and not Kaga's.

Thoughts on the list:

FE4: Considering that this is the one that started marriage, its not surprising. Plus its great plot(atleast in first gen) also counts

FE7: I'm happy this game came second. It really is worthy of a gem. Infact, I wish I can play Hector mode at some point.

FE9: Hm....can't say much about this since I've yet to play it.

FE3: Odd how New Mystery is outshadowed by this one. Guess nostalgia plus the better visuals is what caused the decision.

FE6: I may have problems with it but even I can't deny that this is a good game that I wish had a lot of issues fixed. Oh well...

FE8: Like FE9, can't say much of it. 

FE14: This obviously satisfied both fans old and new. Hardcore has Conquest and Casual has Birthright. Sucks that this came above FE13...

FE10: Can't say much cause I haven't played it.

FE5: The only game where thieves are a blessing and also the only game that has the best thief in the entire franchise.

FE13: Well It just has to be there somewhere in the list. Any future game that IS plans for FE couldn't have happened if this one bombed.

FE15: Sad that this game didn't sell so well/sales aren't revealed yet. This game did what RPGs are doing now..voice acting!

FE12: Haven't played it yet.

FE2: Who thought the blacksheep would make it to this list? Not saying anything bad about it but its kinda odd to say a game that's blacksheep and somehow put it on the list....

FE Heroes: It may be a good game of its own, but the way 99% of the game plays is through microtransactions and as you know, I despise them. Atleast this game doesn't shoe horn you to force yourself spending more to win unlike the others do.

BS FE: Wonder if its even possible to still play this....

FE11: Haven't played it but I don't think I want to since I already played the original and that this one looks....underwhelming.

Edited by Harvey

Path of radiance as third is pretty shocking! XD....Since both the Tellius games are pretty obscure in Jap.

I don't know if this list is accurate or not but does Genolgy of the holy war being 1st mean, we'll hopefully get it's remake? It's the one game I want to play the most...tbh.

2 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Path of radiance as third is pretty shocking! XD....Since both the Tellius games are pretty obscure in Jap.

I don't know if this list is accurate or not but does Genolgy of the holy war being 1st mean, we'll hopefully get it's remake? It's the one game I want to play the most...tbh.

I played it, but it is just ridiculously tedious. And there are a lot of flaws in the story as well, but the story and world building was pretty well done. If they remake it, I hope they improve on those flaws and maybe even adjust how the maps are designed. I honestly do not want the remake to have the general case of being pretty much 3 maps in one. 

I`m very surprised that FE4 ranked number one. I hope we get a remake soon (if only to fix a lot of the problems I had with original).

Same with FE9 being number three. I was under the impression that Japan didn`t like that game very much

FE3 being high up doesn`t surprise me though. Japan loves it`s FE3 from what I`ve heard.

FE6 coming right after FE3 isn`t that surpsing to me either. Many characters in FE6 were references to characters in the latter (Zephiel, Percival and Markus to name a few).

Kinda sad FE14 ranked above 13, but I`ll live. Surprised Awakening was not higher though.

Seems like even Japan didn`t like Shadow Dragon (FE11) very much. It`s kinda funny.

Happy FE8 is in the top ten. Despite having only finished Erika`s route, I like Sacred Stones a lot.

Surprised that FE15 ranked so low, considering I`ve heard endless praise for the longest time.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I played it, but it is just ridiculously tedious. And there are a lot of flaws in the story as well, but the story and world building was pretty well done. If they remake it, I hope they improve on those flaws and maybe even adjust how the maps are designed. I honestly do not want the remake to have the general case of being pretty much 3 maps in one. 

Yes! I do hope they improve the flaws, especially the map design.

Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake as they made in Fe Shadow of Valentia.

I only played about 5 chapters in Genolgy and lost interest due to their horrible map designs and graphics. Its always PRAISED so highly and I really want to play a remake.

19 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

I only played about 5 chapters in Genolgy and lost interest due to their horrible map designs and graphics. Its always PRAISED so highly and I really want to play a remake.

I wouldn't say the graphics are bad (though i do prefer Mystery of the Emblem's graphics) but the map design is definitely shit. I will never understand how Gaiden/SoV and Awakening are considered to have the worst map designs when FE4's map design makes the former three game's maps looks like masterpieces.

34 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Frankly, FE4's map designs AND mechanics are both dealbreakers, far as I'm concerned. And I fail to see how a game that can get so much praise can also be practically unplayable.

Just now, Skylorella Con said:

Yes! I do hope they improve the flaws, especially the map design.

Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake as they made in Fe Shadow of Valentia.

I dunno. I really enjoyed Echoes. Unless the mistake is that some map designs are too loyal to the original, then yes, I can understand the issue there.

But yeah, it takes a long time just to get through a single chapter. I don't know why Kaga thought this would be great, but my short attention span really couldn't handle this for a while.

I have also read the thing about FE6 looking promising for a remake. While I would like both Jugdral and Elibe to get remakes, and either one will be awesome, I really hope they remake Jugdral first... plus, there are plenty of design issues that could be made better in a remake, whereas the Elibe games (in my opinion) are still quite accessible today.

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

I imagine the pompadours and mullets would be gone.

So Eldigan will no longer look like Joey from Yu-Gi-Oh? Heresy! I hope I'm not the only one who sees it...

I wouldn't say FE4's map design is unplayable, just really exhaustive. And I really appreciate the game's decision to save at the beginning of every player phase. It's not just "Casual Mode Lite" as people make it out to be, it lets you put down the game when you're starting to feel the burnout. Then GBA era took it a step further by letting us turn off the game whenever thanks to quicksaving after every action. But you can also restart chapters so it's not totally Iron Man mode unless you want it to be.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

But yeah, it takes a long time just to get through a single chapter. I don't know why Kaga thought this would be great, but my short attention span really couldn't handle this for a while.

Well the format gives the feeling of an actual war I think. No tiny battles, you fight on entire halves or whole of countries at once. You can take all of FE4's battlefields and assemble them roughly into the world map itself. To parcel the giant maps into fragments would destroy the grandiosity of Genealogy. I think its a case of gameplay not being adequately adjusted for the atmosphere and plot. Those being things which FE4 seems to excel in. RD had a similar issue of its gameplay not working with the Part system which attempted to do so much in plot and world.

And to be fair, you can battle save, so finish or about to finish seizing a castle and save and take a break if you wish. That'd be a good time to do from a plot immersion perspective. Adding a clear suggestion of doing this in a remake might be a good idea.

Because map design may be integral to the feeling of Genealogy as far as I can tell, I don't want its big maps parceled. I'd rather they take moves to fix the big emptiness of the maps, just as Wind Waker HD tried to fix the void of the Great Sea with the Swift Sail. Give more Move to infantry, add GBA-Tellius Rescue (something I'm sorely disappointed SD and NM didn't have), add more enemies to maps, bolster the Move buff of roads. Only as a last resort consider parceling them.

Holy Weapons can be nerfed, go ahead, halve the bonuses and reduce the Might, just don't make them only slightly better than a Silver weapon. I'd be okay with adding natural doubling and making Pursuit make it easier. Critical can stay locked though since it's a glorified proc. Keep the arena the same because it's different, keep the weapon system, but do lower the durability and raise the value on things like the Silver Sword so they're less spammable. The independent gold system can work, just make it so thieves and lovers decide how much they want to hand over, plus maybe a "bank" that for transaction fees lets you move funds from one unit to another regardless of who they are.

Whatever IS does do for FE4, I'll buy it regardless.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well the format gives the feeling of an actual war I think. No tiny battles, you fight on entire halves or whole of countries at once. You can take all of FE4's battlefields and assemble them roughly into the world map itself. To parcel the giant maps into fragments would destroy the grandiosity of Genealogy. I think its a case of gameplay not being adequately adjusted for the atmosphere and plot. Those being things which FE4 seems to excel in. RD had a similar issue of its gameplay not working with the Part system which attempted to do so much in plot and world.

And to be fair, you can battle save, so finish or about to finish seizing a castle and save and take a break if you wish. That'd be a good time to do from a plot immersion perspective. Adding a clear suggestion of doing this in a remake might be a good idea.

Because map design may be integral to the feeling of Genealogy as far as I can tell, I don't want its big maps parceled. I'd rather they take moves to fix the big emptiness of the maps, just as Wind Waker HD tried to fix the void of the Great Sea with the Swift Sail. Give more Move to infantry, add GBA-Tellius Rescue (something I'm sorely disappointed SD and NM didn't have), add more enemies to maps, bolster the Move buff of roads. Only as a last resort consider parceling them.

Holy Weapons can be nerfed, go ahead, halve the bonuses and reduce the Might, just don't make them only slightly better than a Silver weapon. I'd be okay with adding natural doubling and making Pursuit make it easier. Critical can stay locked though since it's a glorified proc. Keep the arena the same because it's different, keep the weapon system, but do lower the durability and raise the value on things like the Silver Sword so they're less spammable. The independent gold system can work, just make it so thieves and lovers decide how much they want to hand over, plus maybe a "bank" that for transaction fees lets you move funds from one unit to another regardless of who they are.

Whatever IS does do for FE4, I'll buy it regardless.

Good point. And yeah, I would buy it too. I did manage to finish Genealogy in the end, even though it was annoying with how long it was. The biggest annoyance would be how I dislike leaving villages to be destroyed, so I always try to save them.  

Seeing FE9 that high really surprises me since I've heared that the Tellius games weren't sold well for being released on party consoles.
Otherwise I'm not that surprised.
JP players seem to focus on the story because the four best rated parts represent a good or even better story. 

Edited by Aya Shameimaru