FE16 "leaks"

I don't think this is true whatsoever, mainly due to how different it would be and as said the themes don't exactly mesh with Fire Emblem, I mean neither does Hoshido in a way, since it's literally Japan while every other Fire Emblem country is Europe. But gothic does not seem like something they'd tinker with. Plus it's 4chan, when was the last time anything got right by a 4chan leak? The last thing I can think of is maybe smash 4, but the devs saw that and made it so that person was wrong.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I don't think this is true whatsoever, mainly due to how different it would be and as said the themes don't exactly mesh with Fire Emblem, I mean neither does Hoshido in a way, since it's literally Japan while every other Fire Emblem country is Europe. But gothic does not seem like something they'd tinker with. Plus it's 4chan, when was the last time anything got right by a 4chan leak? The last thing I can think of is maybe smash 4, but the devs saw that and made it so that person was wrong.

How does it not fit FE? FE has a lot of medieval stuff and gothic themes take place around those times, so I don't see how it doesn't mesh well with it.

Something that doesn't click me at all is the magic trinity. If magic is present then it should be the duality between light and dark, both being effective against each other. I don't know how anima magic would be there in an obscure setting filled with castles, statues and cathedrals.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

How does it not fit FE? FE has a lot of medieval stuff and gothic themes take place around those times, so I don't see how it doesn't mesh well with it.

Something that doesn't click me at all is the magic trinity. If magic is present then it should be the duality between light and dark, both being effective against each other. I don't know how anima magic would be there in an obscure setting filled with castles, statues and cathedrals.

Maybe we see differently, but I don't see it. Vampires don't define gothic but is highly associated with it. And based off my rather very limited knowledge of gothic history, I don't think it'll mix well. But as said I don't know everything about gothic so I have a good chance of being wrong. And it is true that they are the same general area in history, and if they want to incorporate elements from it in the next game then fine, but I honestly don't see it being the central theme of the next game since Fire Emblem typically follows a well-established pattern, heck it too forever to another country that wasn't based off European and Medieval weaponry to be in the game with Hoshidp basically being Japan.

27 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I just figured out why everybody's bringing up Twilight and saying "Team Fake" or "Team ______" in response to this leak - New Moon was the subtitle of one of those movies.

I was just referencing Twilight because of vampires and it's a story about love, which FE can also be a story about love if you focus on supports.

9 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

heck it too forever to another country that wasn't based off European and Medieval weaponry to be in the game with Hoshidp basically being Japan.

I thought it took forever because they were essentially trying to make three full games in one.

I would love it if this was true but I m one team fake here especially since it is a month till Halloween.  My goth side (yes I was a goth as a teenager don't judge) really loves this idea though.

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I was just referencing Twilight because of vampires and it's a story about love, which FE can also be a story about love if you focus on supports.

I thought it took forever because they were essentially trying to make three full games in one.

I didn't mean the game development time, I meant the series as a whole, it took until the 14th entry, over 20 years after the first game, for a non-medieval inspired country to be introduced.

1 hour ago, I'm a Spheal said:

Other than that, this sounds super generic. Vampires have been so done to death elsewhere that having more off it doesn't excite me in the slightest.

That shouldn't really be a point against it though. If they're done right, i'd totally accept vampires in Fire Emblem bonus points if one of them is named Dio.

Of course, this IS Intelligent Systems we're talking about. There's a pretty big chance that if they ever make vampires, they'd just be another monster enemy with no real backstory other than "they are evil creatures from the forces of darkness".

Still though, while i believe this leak to be fake, i wouldn't rule out anything for being "generic" until i see how it's done.

Edit: @LucarioGamer812 Hoshido was based off of feudal Japan, which was basically Japan's own version of the medieval time period.

Edited by Armagon

Sounds completely unbelievable to me, except the part about the lord using swords. How would this even leak, anyway? There's no planned conference or showcase so the only way would be if someone from IS or the Treehouse leaked, and while it could happen I find it extremely unlikely they would leak only this if they were gonna risk it. Either way there's not really enough details to interest me. However I hope we get some info soon.

57 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Maybe we see differently, but I don't see it. Vampires don't define gothic but is highly associated with it. And based off my rather very limited knowledge of gothic history, I don't think it'll mix well. But as said I don't know everything about gothic so I have a good chance of being wrong. And it is true that they are the same general area in history, and if they want to incorporate elements from it in the next game then fine, but I honestly don't see it being the central theme of the next game since Fire Emblem typically follows a well-established pattern, heck it too forever to another country that wasn't based off European and Medieval weaponry to be in the game with Hoshidp basically being Japan.

When I read it would (supposedly) include gothic elements, I thought about the Templars and their obscure setting, plus obscure religious stuff (though I prefer not to mess with that). I don't know a lot of the gothic culture or the medieval art but I could see them pulling something similar to Fates, in which there are different sects that praise a God in different ways, bringing birth to a Holy military order (knights, pegs and whatnot) and a dark cult (dark mages, monsters, gargoyles and vampires?), and probably the Avatar is somewhere in the middle bringing destruction to both sides to restore order or finish off false paradigms. I better stop making stories in my head :P:

Welp. I dont initially believe this but then I remember the Tales Of frachise the stream of goodie protagonist and made the main team the "bad guys" for once. I absolutely loved how the story in that game turned out and I've been wanting other franchises to do that. However it feels as though this may be straying too far dark. (And too edgy) Plus there is the unbeliveble fact that the new FE protagonist's name just so happens to be the name of Ash's rival from Pokemon XY (I kid. But a good show tho). But hey, im not saying that Alain is a bad protagonist name.

Edited by GrimmLow

3 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Totally seeing female villains like witches or succubus with curves, long legs and big boobs, and dudes being all buffed. 

Aw crap, I was almost excited at the possibility of this leak until you said that. As a guy, sure, I liek curvs, but I do NOT need anything resembling Morrigan Aensland in my Fire Emblem all of you keep your Camilla comments to yourself. I'll take Demitri, though.

Team Fake for now.

Define "Gothic"

-If they're making it seem like FE had a lovechild with Castevania, I'd be here for it. The wolveskin (whatever they're called) sort of explored this idea with Keaton and Velouria, as well as the generics' outfits.

-I'm happy light magic is returning, if it is.

-Ultimately, I'm just hoping for a well-written FE game.

- please no gothic lolitas but I can already tell they're will be at least one.

6 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Vampires specifically are an industrial-era thing, though. Along with werewolves and Frankenstein's monster, the big "classical monsters" all came out in the 1800s. I mean, werewolves had some different historical sources, but as we know them, were another 1800s thing.

Plenty of fiction has incorporated vampires and werewolves(Like the Elder Scrolls) into medieval hi-fantasy, but they're generally not synonymous. Vampires are more associated with things after 1500, after Vlad the Impaler(The inspiration for Dracula)'s time. Usually Victorian-era.

Edited by Slumber

Gothic horror? Since when did IS ever decide to do something like Castlevania? Can that even be part of medieval period?

EDIT: Oh wait...I just realized that technically, FE somewhat tried doing vampire villains like Julius for example.

Edited by Harvey

9 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

That's more or less my main concern here, I'm worried that a villain avatar would be another CQ Corrin, who tries to be both the good guy and the bad guy and it just doesn't work.

That would be dreadful.

I don't think they're ever going to intentionally make an avatar do morally ambiguous things.

Regardless of anything, I'd objectively file this as a shaky rumour. It's not really a leak until we can convincingly prove the connection to Nintendo.

Personally, it sounds almost ridiculously fake. Not quite fake enough that it could be true, like the Warriors boxart leak. But rather the tryhard kind of fake.

The thing that immediately tips me off is starting with a fancy Japanese name, but then they have an English name for the hero. I suppose they (as in the purpoted leaker) could have translated it already, since there's only a few ways to write "Alain". But it seems oddly inconsistent.

Likewise, the GBA weapon triangle of Light/Dark/Anima screams like something a fanboy would want. It was honestly nothing special at the time and only remembered since many Western fans started with the GBA games.

Finally, Gothic and Vampires by themselves aren't out of the realm of possibility. Path of Radiance, the last big console FE had shape-shifting animals after all.

All in all, I am in Team Fake. But I will be keeping an open mind since at the very least, it's an interesting idea.

Eh...maybe the leaker meant to say the Avatar was an anti-hero instead of outright villainous? I could see that happening if true. The rest...Japan probably didn't get the Twilight bug we all did so vampires are still unspoiled for them (though I remain sceptical) and a day/ night cycle sounds neat as long as you can choose to engage or move past a skirmish as in Awakening as that lets you decide how much challenge and grind you want. A Sword Lord was also (sadly) a given but hopefully we get dual/ triple protagonists again with other weapon types (or heck, if we have more than one one could be a healer?) Gothic architecture and themes would be cool though.

I haven't played Fates so, how was the new weapon triangle received? I've seen a few people upset about bows being added to it but also some praising the extra strategy. Meanwhile, I'm going to go reflect on the fact that just two days ago I was thinking Fire Emblem: New Moon would be a neat title I only remembered Twilight was a thing when I saw this post don't hurt me...man that is creepy.

(#TeamMostlyFake)

Edited by DefyingFates

I haven't played Fates so, how was the new weapon triangle received?

I saw mixed reactions, though mostly negative ones. I`ve played the game and wasn`t terribly fond of it. Bows being thrown into the mix just made fliers die faster, but Fighters could barely hit Ninjas to begin with, the tiny hit boost didn`t make it any easier ( at least from my experience).

As for the "leak", not buying it. Just seems a bit too out there in my opinon.

I doubt this is true.

13 hours ago, Magus of Flowers said:

This leak seems really dubious. The whole 'Gothic Horror' thing doesn't really mesh well with FE's typical genre of story-telling and I'm skeptical of the idea of a somewhat 'villainous' avatar.

I agree with you here, if this is true, I will be a little annoyed, the idea of a vampire/gothic setting in FE kind of puts me off. The franchise has been built in one period, in one setting, for a long time, and even though it has stayed the same, I think it's better that way, considering how well it fits.

Seems fake. Not a fan of gothic horror personally so also hoping it is fake.

I already did not like the clothing style of Nohr or the inclusion of maids/butlers in Fates, and this just sounds like more of that. 

Also not a Vampire fan.

15 hours ago, Quintessence said:

When I read it would (supposedly) include gothic elements, I thought about the Templars and their obscure setting, plus obscure religious stuff (though I prefer not to mess with that). I don't know a lot of the gothic culture or the medieval art but I could see them pulling something similar to Fates, in which there are different sects that praise a God in different ways, bringing birth to a Holy military order (knights, pegs and whatnot) and a dark cult (dark mages, monsters, gargoyles and vampires?), and probably the Avatar is somewhere in the middle bringing destruction to both sides to restore order or finish off false paradigms. I better stop making stories in my head :P:

This sounds really cool actually. My head automatically went to a more fanservicey interpretation of the setting given current trends.

Assuming for a moment that the leak is factual I love the sound of the magic trio (Light, Dark & Anima). A day and night cycle sounds very intriguing to say the least, and I would definitely be down for a little bit of gothic and vampire themes BUT they HAD BETTER be including werewolves too. Lastly I would be very happy if they returned to a pre Fates weapon triangle. While I will not take any of this too seriously until an official announcement it does make me very interested and excited for Fire Emblem Switch plus if that title is legit, man does that sound cool or what!