FE16 "leaks"

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

People would probably dig artwork similar to say Castlevania in the days of like Symphony of the Night too. 

Reveal hidden contents

084beef27f323b2ed7860bbdf586c9b8.jpg

This would be my hope. The SotN style mixed with Fire Emblem is something I didn't realize I wanted until this leak, but I would be sold on this in a heartbeat if it does happen.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Where does it say that?

That is my interpretation of Cowboy Karimorv original post. In the Shin Megami Tensei games, there is a moon cycle that effect many of the games mechanics, for a fusion system, to the aggressiveness of encounters. The leak is supposed to have a day and night cycle.

As for Castlevania, the rumor says, the game will feature vampires as enemies, so I assumed that the main character being a vampire will seek to ruin humanity for some past deed against him

Edited by Jingle Jangle

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

That is my interpretation of Cowboy Karimorv original post. In the Shin Megami Tensei games, there is a moon cycle that effect many of the games mechanics, for a fusion system, to the aggressiveness of encounters. The leak is supposed to have a day and night cycle.

Are you referring to Persona 3 with the Full Moon Shadows?

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Are you referring to Persona 3 with the Full Moon Shadows?

I was thinking of the mainline series, where some events  can only be available at certain times, or stronger enemies appear at moon phase. But I forgot about the Persona series.

Tbh I'd be disappointed if a vampire lord character has a sword. That role is begging to use a scythe (lance-type). 

This seems like an interesting concept, but I checked the original post, and... I'll let this reply I found speak for itself.

Capture.PNG

Spoiler

1) "the Avatar's name has been drafted up as "ドラキュル" (Dracul)"

2) "there are some new ones like the サキュバス (Succubus), a dancer-like class"

3) "the 月桂冠 (Moonshifter), which has 3 "tribes": 狼 (Wolf), 蝙蝠 (Bat) and 竜 (Dragon), all of which being kinda like the Laguz"

4) "for some reason, Sol & Luna have swapped effects."

1) Dracul doesn't sound like a name for both male and female avatars, the name "dracula" has always been associated with male characters, so it doesn't make sense at all

2) if succubus are actually a thing, i'm 100% i won't get the game: also, why should they be dancers?

he also says that "Hunter, Monk and Bard classes make a return": now, there's never been a fe game where you could've used 2 refreshers at the same time

unless the bard class this guy is talking about is more like the FE4 version, it doesn't make sense to have two different refreshers with different class names (in FE6 you can't have lalum and elphin at the same time)

3) why should they make shapeshifters like laguz? they were a PoR/RD peculiarity, it doesn't make sense to do this thing again, just with different animals

4) just... what the fuck?

Edited by Yexin

While I'm still skeptical as to the legitimacy of this, the statement that there will be three tribes, wolf, bat & dragon and that they'll be like the laguz excites me. I enjoyed using the laguz in Radiant Dawn, I even did a Laguz only run of the tower discounting of course the units you are forced to bring. Volug was a laguz I especially liked and if this turns out to be true it will be fun to have wolf shifting comrades again. This is why I chose Conquest when Fates came out, the Nohr side had a werewolf character now I like Volug better but come on! When's the last time prior to Fates we had a wolf shifting character as an ally.

Right now I being cautiously enthusiastic, but want to see what an official trailer or reveal will reveal (yeah, I know), hopefully we'll get something either in Dec or early next year.

The Sol/ Luna swap makes sense: I assume Luna is exclusive to the vampire classes due to the moon-motif (at least to begin with) and sucking blood to live is kinda their schtick. On the other hand, vampire/ werewolf slayers typically use silver/ blessed weapons to deal fatal damage to monsters and holiness is associated with light, thus Sol being the damaging one.

Assuming this is all true: I assume the default succubus in the game will be the blatant fanservice character a la Camilla. I imagine the finale/ "true ending" will have both sides come to a compromise, but it would be nice to see extremism/ fanaticism in both armies until then. If Laguz are coming back and keep the transformation mechanic, I hope they can fight in base form this time - if we're going back to the old weapon triangle they can have knives: they're still weak but at least they aren't defenseless.

The "Alain the protagonist, all I know, however is that he uses a sword" sounds like a troll attempt to me especially that it happens around the time some people were complaining about sword users in Warriors but I might think too much about it.
I also find kinda weird and suspicious that it was posted on /v/ rather than the general on /vg/.

If that's true I wouldn't be surprised though since Fates had a few Gothic/Vampire elements. 

For example Nohr was described as a kingdom where the sun rarely shines, Faceless' japanese name is Nosferatu.
In the Fates Halloween DLC, Leo was disguised as a Vampire, Camilla as a Succubus and Oboro as a Gothic Lolita so Vampires and Succubi appearing in FE would not be weird to me. We also got Gargoyles in some games too.

Nohr also seems to be more popular and promoted than Hoshido as we can see in Heroes so maybe IS would want to continue and maybe improve what they were doing with Nohr.
However I hope it will not mean that FE Switch will be Fates 2.0.

I like the idea of new demons/monsters/non-humans that could be playable and the return of Light magic and a day/night mechanic. A villainous avatar sounds interesting as long as it's not a Corrin 2.0. Shapeshifters similar to Tellius' Laguz are nice too but I hope they could still fight somehow in their base form.

9 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

I also find kinda weird and suspicious that it was posted on /v/ rather than the general on /vg/.

i don't know how 4chan works, what's the difference between /v/ and /vg/?

10 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

The "Alain the protagonist, all I know, however is that he uses a sword" sounds like a troll attempt to me especially that it happens around the time some people were complaining about sword users in Warriors but I might think too much about it.

If that's true I wouldn't be surprised though since Fates had a few Gothic/Vampire elements. 

For example Nohr was described as a kingdom where the sun rarely shines, Faceless' japanese name is Nosferatu.
In the Fates Halloween DLC, Leo was disguised as a Vampire, Camilla as a Succubus and Oboro as a Gothic Lolita so Vampires and Succubi appearing in FE would not be weird to me. We also got Gargoyles in some games too.

Nohr also seems to be more popular and promoted than Hoshido as we can see in Heroes so maybe IS would want to continue and maybe improve what they were doing with Nohr.
However I hope it will not mean that FE Switch will be Fates 2.0.

I like the idea of new demons/monsters/non-humans that could be playable and the return of Light magic and a day/night mechanic. A villainous avatar sounds interesting as long as it's not a Corrin 2.0. Shapeshifters similar to Tellius' Laguz are nice too but I hope they could still fight somehow in their base form.

In regards to sword thing, it really isn't a surprise. Swords are like the go to weapon for Fire Emblem lords. Every Fire Emblem game has a lord that uses sword. That tradition isn't going to change anytime soon. 

Nohr being a kingdom with little sunshine makes sense given the geography of the area. 

The case of being Fates 2.0 might not be the case, but the best way for it to avoid being Fates is if they try to actually stand on its own feet, and not ride on another game's popularity, like Fates tried too hard to use things from Awakening, riding on how popular Awakening was, which is why the game's story ended up being really sucky.

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i don't know how 4chan works, what's the difference between /v/ and /vg/?

/vg/ means Video Games General. /v/ threads discuss about everything game related,  /vg/ has threads for specific games compared to /v/. /vg/ discuss one game/series per thread.

One of the threads on /vg/ is about FE and people who post leaks about FE (such as SoV being leaked, Heroes datamines/leaks, Warriors' special edition box with Celica and Lyn etc...) generally posted it on the FE thread on /vg/ first rather on /v/.
Of course it's possible that it could be true but personally this is why I am quite skeptical about this and why I prefer to wait for more information.

15 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

In regards to sword thing, it really isn't a surprise. Swords are like the go to weapon for Fire Emblem lords. Every Fire Emblem game has a lord that uses sword. That tradition isn't going to change anytime soon. 

Nohr being a kingdom with little sunshine makes sense given the geography of the area. 

The case of being Fates 2.0 might not be the case, but the best way for it to avoid being Fates is if they try to actually stand on its own feet, and not ride on another game's popularity, like Fates tried too hard to use things from Awakening, riding on how popular Awakening was, which is why the game's story ended up being really sucky.

True about swords Lords. Like I said I probably think too much about this.

What I meant about Nohr having little sunshine was that IS could reuse that aspect and some others elements of Fates and Nohr if they want to do a FE game about vampires. Like you said they reuse some of Awakening's elements for Fates so they could do it again.

I agree that FE Switch should not do the same mistake that Fates did by trying to be similar to Awakening and instead, should be more unique.

54 minutes ago, Thunderstar said:

True about swords Lords. Like I said I probably think too much about this.

What I meant about Nohr having little sunshine was that IS could reuse that aspect and some others elements of Fates and Nohr if they want to do a FE game about vampires. Like you said they reuse some of Awakening's elements for Fates so they could do it again.

I agree that FE Switch should not do the same mistake that Fates did by trying to be similar to Awakening and instead, should be more unique.

Well, not like we don't have lords that aren't sword users. Hector and Ephraim are fine examples of the case. 

That's possible. But if they do go for that, then they have to do a LOT of worldbuilding. That's the thing that absolutely needs to be done better than it was in Fates. This game clearly has to be a brand new continent that isn't bound by any of the other games. They would need to give us a way to give history lessons at the appropriate time, how the countries work, and how the races existed in ancient times and how they function now. The only game that did a great job at handling things was the Tellius series. Sure, Radiant Dawn completed the world building, but Path of Radiance did do a great job giving us enough lessons to understand what's going on and how the world works.

Yeah. Even Awakening stood on its own and didn't need to really ride on it's popularity. It's a game that was done with many references mixed in as a way to show appreciation for everything. Fates had a really good concept, but then it tried to cash in on many things that Awakening did alright in, from fanservice to 2nd Gen.

Where the hell is this person getting this information from? It boggles my mind.

But, I'm not going to join any teams or make any judgement despite how unrealistic I think this is.

Partly because I'm sort of interested in the story if it were true but it really doesn't sound like something FE would try.

I could be wrong, though. Which is why I'm not sure.

Edited by saisymbolic

Man I always focus on the language and the like with these sort of things just wish it was more conclusive. So stuff like a return to THE three types of magic, saying they're like laguz with no mention of other shifters, and other possible term flubs (pair up, weapon triangle) raise major red flags to me but that's why you say you have "sources". Still sounds more like someone with a certain perspective appealing to the same perspective than relaying the information though their filter though. 

Just a few thoughts on the "extended information".

Part 1

To be fair, Mark back in Blazing Sword isn't a name you'd commonly associate with females, to my knowledge. That said, we already had Dracul (ドラクル) as rare enemies in Echoes. So I'm hesitant to believe they'd reuse the same reference so quickly.

I don't get why the Avatar is a Vassal if he/she is royalty. That's like Corrin's class being Nohr Servant. Even if they're going for a "cool" class name, it has to make some sense from a story/gameplay standpoint.

I see Alain apparently has a Japanese name (アラン), which is the same as Arran from the Archanea games. Now, FE is known to recycle names, even for plot important characters (see Gaiden/Echoes's Kamui and Fates's Kamui/Corrin), but I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

Part 2

I like the sound of "Moonshifter", but the Japanese name doesn't seem to make sense. 月桂冠 literally means "crown of the laurel tree". Yeah, the Tellius games had their weird names (Scaly Dragon Tribe for the Dragon tribe, etc.), but this takes the biscuit.

Regardless, there have been weirder leaks before. Especially for Path of Radiance. I'm incredibly sad that I lost a leak from the 3D modelling team that, from what I vaguely remember, spoiled a few plot points that few people could've guessed. In this case though, I'm still on Team Fake : P

11 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Tbh I'd be disappointed if a vampire lord character has a sword. That role is begging to use a scythe (lance-type). 

Vampire to me is more blood(dark) magic, especially nosferatu

31 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I don't get why the Avatar is a Vassal if he/she is royalty. That's like Corrin's class being Nohr Servant. Even if they're going for a "cool" class name, it has to make some sense from a story/gameplay standpoint.

Either this is another case of a Japanese company picking an English word they think sounds cool without knowing what it means or the Avatar is a vassal to a more prominent member of royalty, due to being illegitimate themselves. Either one makes sense to me.