FE16 "leaks"

Honestly completely down for a villain protag. The avatar part I'm a bit weary about. I don't think that avatars have no place in FE as I enjoyed Robin in Awakening as I felt he was an actual character, or at least more than Corrin or Kris were, but I'd much rather have not have an avatar so they can tell the story they want to.

Also trying to please both sides is a nice sentiment but I'm afraid that it's just going to make the game lukewarm to both camps.

That's what's happening to Halo and I really hope FE doesn't fall into the same trap.

Edited by Greencapps

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having no children means voice actors don't need to voice the combinatorial explosion of possible child/ parent supports, which makes full voice acting much more likely. Maybe the number of (marriage) supports themselves will be dialled down to FE13 levels as well?

I really hope this is true. My main concern was the description that the Avatar is a vampire, but the Kibaire seem to be a collection of various horror archetypes so it doesn't bother me as much anymore (plus I doubt the Avatar is a literal vampire).

On 10/9/2017 at 9:39 AM, Yexin said:

inb4 she'll stop giving infos for a while

sounds like our info supply is out, just like you predicted.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Either that, or she read the thread and decided to stop posting, which only serves to make her look even more suspicious. Really, no real way of winning this without proof of source.

11 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

Either that, or she read the thread and decided to stop posting, which only serves to make her look even more suspicious. Really, no real way of winning this without proof of source.

15 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

either way, i'm right

HERE COMES THE MONEY

Honestly, they shouldn't even try to appeal to both sides of the fanbase, they should just stick to either one or the other. They tried that with Fates and look how that turned out. Also, they shouldn't even try and incorporate an avatar this time, that shit has been played out for years now. That being said, I don't mind the idea of them adding Vampires and making it kinda like Castlevania.

My guess why we have had so little info for the game is probably because they didn’t want Warriors to be overshadowed by the title, as a new main series title would certainly draw all the interest.

3 hours ago, familyplayer said:

They might as well have made Conquest Corrin one...

The fact that they didn’t even in a setting where it would be appropriate shows how much Nintendo is afraid to do anything other than a full paragon hero. 

6 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

My guess why we have had so little info for the game is probably because they didn’t want Warriors to be overshadowed by the title, as a new main series title would certainly draw all the interest.

Either that or they are going to release it later in the year than most are expecting.

I just had a thought, in the case this is fake, what will Miss Leaker's excuse be? I hope it isn't the overused "I wanted to get people talking" excuse, because we were already doing just that before this sprung up.

36 minutes ago, Hawkatana said:

I just had a thought, in the case this is fake, what will Miss Leaker's excuse be? I hope it isn't the overused "I wanted to get people talking" excuse, because we were already doing just that before this sprung up.

Usually fake leakers just want some temporary fame.

1 hour ago, Hawkatana said:

I hate that excuse, especially when the leak seems very possible and it being fake only leads to disappointment. I remember when the Baiken leak for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator turned out to be fake and how upsetting it was to know that my most-wanted character wasn't being added to the game (although the Rev 2 update rectified that).

Though I'd honestly feel pretty indifferent if what we've been told about FE Switch ends up being fake. With nothing but text as evidence, I've still yet to be convinced that anything we've heard is true. But I do enjoy talking about the leaks and thinking of how they would work if they actually were true. If this all turns out to be fake, I'll have had fun considering the possibilities. And if it turns out to be true, it'll have made the lead-up to FE Switch more interesting for me.

9 hours ago, Hawkatana said:

I'd hope for the same thing.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, familyplayer said:

Either that or they are going to release it later in the year than most are expecting.

I don't know about that.

Fates released like 4-6 months after it was announced.

So why do people get so worked up over leaks? All this speculation and stuff. Just be patient and focus on stuff that actually gets announced. Maybe I'll just never understand the thrill of guessing? Anyways, these are the same guys that considered making FE in space so anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

So why do people get so worked up over leaks? All this speculation and stuff. Just be patient and focus on stuff that actually gets announced. Maybe I'll just never understand the thrill of guessing? Anyways, these are the same guys that considered making FE in space so anything is possible.

For some people it's fun to speculate, especially when you nothing else to work with.

As for what I think of the leak, I'll remain skeptical until IS confirms it. This was way too much of a drastic change in direction especially considering how successful the recent games have been.

7 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I don't know about that.

Fates released like 4-6 months after it was announced.

Yeah, but that's Fates. We don't even have gameplay, screenshots, a teaser, or anything really at this point.