FE16 "leaks"

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The sheer amount of negative attention she might attract should FE16 be revealed during the Direct not to line up with the leaks would lead me to believe she wouldn't say anything even after the Direct.

I know if I was her and this happened I wouldn't want to show my face around here ever again.

(On another note, I recall seeing her join and noting her username of 'Mis Leaker' was a typo.  I can only imagine how apt such a moniker would be if the leaks aren't true.)

I wouldn't go that far. As somebody who never took the leaks seriously(I saw way too many red flags), them not being real doesn't really impact my impression of her.

At the very least, a good few members here seemed to have fun entertaining the idea that these leaks would be true, and I don't think many people took them 100% to heart.

Which is... something to have over the lull in between the announcement and the proper reveal.

Edited by Slumber

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't know if she was even lying, you can spread misinformation without knowing, I recall someone saying that she may have gotten a bad source which even mis leaker seemed to have some level of doubt after considering that possibility, I wouldn't hold it against her if it turned out false.

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I wouldn't go that far. As somebody who never took the leaks seriously(I saw way too many red flags), them not being real doesn't really impact my impression of her.

At the very least, a good few members here seemed to have fun entertaining the idea that these leaks would be true, and I don't think many people took them 100% to heart.

@thecrimsonflash

That's true.

At the end of the day I'm not going to hold any ill will towards her if the leaks are false.  I don't think that would be right, seeing as they've been entertaining to hear regardless of whether they're true or false.

@Slumber

Maybe I'm just thinking too hard about some imagined gang of unsavory individuals like the ones on 4chan doing everything they can to shame her for doing all this crap for attention when she may have been duped just as much as the rest of us.

I just want to see FE16 get revealed and have all of this resolved.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Yeah, even if her leaks aren't true, I'm happy we had some sort of discussion on what can be interesting for an FE game. The sundial idea makes a lot of sense, and I'm not sure why it was never thought of in that way before.

But if they're shown to not be true, I feel bad for her- she's gonna have a storm heading her way. Some of the comments here and 4chan weren't exactly positive and some were insulting. I'm afraid some angry person may hack into her account and mess around as revenge.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

But if they're shown to not be true, I feel bad for her- she's gonna have a storm heading her way. Some of the comments here and 4chan weren't exactly positive and some were insulting. I'm afraid some angry person may hack into her account and mess around as revenge.

This is exactly what I'm worried about, but couldn't adequately express in words.

This is exactly why I now suddenly find this fishy. Leaks are always consistent when giving info many games shows this. Now after a obvious confirmation of a January direct these "sources" are now like "this is the last bit of info before the direct" and now she stops replying that's definitely a red light flicked why stop now? January is a little bit off plenty of time for more info. If this isn't real I'm sure she's gonna have plenty of hate coming her way since a bunch like this idea and concept. At least it was an interesting read with almost near a year with no info so there's that. It would be funny if the actual game (if the leak is fake) to look, portrayed or feel better.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I don't know, sounds like, more or less, when Pokemon Sun and Moon were being leaked. A lot of the rumors / leaks were false.  In this case, Fire Emblem is entirely different. No concept art was leaked, no consistent trailers for the game, or any official news. As more and more information was given officially by Nintendo for Pokemon, the leaker started to leak more information (for the most part, it was false) related to the news.

So, I'm not really inclined to believe that 100% of the leak of this could be true. The leak was consistent for awhile, but shouldn't they be able to leak more information as the time of direct is coming close? 

Mis Leaker herself mentioned she's as iffy on the leaks she was drip fed being legit as most of us are. Particularly in the fact her source has offered no images. Imagery tends to be the source of most leaks.

I'm on board with liking the concept put forward, but w/e. I won't think less of her if it's wrong. She's not malicious about it and openly dubious.

4 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

When is the next direct? Need to know when we can confirm the leaks. (Also because I’m working with some guys on a fan hack of it.) 

My guess would be early January.  December seems too early and I have a hunch they'll want try and ring in the new year with new games to look forward to "this year" (once 2018 becomes "this year" of course).

2 hours ago, Hardin said:

If you're going to leak information, you have a responsibility to vet your info. It would not be out of line to have her perma banned if her info comes out as false. 

It's kind of hard to vet leaks on the internet on account of everyone being anonymous and people don't want to lose their jobs so it helps to not give your name and regardless what's the problem with a false leak, we get an answer at some point, worst case scenario some people hear about some crazy game that never officially happens and maybe have a few laughs along the way and a few sighs of relief when it turns out false. 

I don't think a permanent ban is reasonable, unless it's against the rules to spread misinformation whether knowingly or unknowingly or to post leaks in general, in which case there is little else that can be said. 

these 'leaks' have made the forums really lively if you ask me and it certainly beats 'let's guess the entirety of the story with no information whatsoever' 

besides it seems like it has lead to the creation of a rom hack, which is a pretty solid outcome.

Serenes has a reputation of being a reliable source of information about the Fire Emblem series. If people are allowed to post things that are untrue without consequence, that reputation will be tarnished. I would also argue that creating an account to spread false unverified information is trolling, which is against the ToS.

I question why Mis Leaker would even have a source that she can't verify. What is so special about her that a complete stranger would decide to confide this confidential information in her?

Well, all leaks are "unverified" by the nature of being a leak, until officially revealed info either proves or disproves it.

So, asking her to "cite her sources" would defeat the entire purpose of leaking info to stir up hype for the upcoming game.

I mean, being salty if these leaks are false is one thing verses her concepts proving false after she was mislead.

Edited by Altrosa

Responsible people verify who is sending them information before they publicize it. It's not too much work for her to try and find if her alleged contact is a legitimate employee of IS or another related party. She doesn't need to tell us who her source is, but statements like this; 

On 12/3/2017 at 3:25 PM, Mis Leaker said:

That would explain the lack of images.

Suggests that she hasn't even done that for herself. 

I guess I'm just confused on why you feel she should be punished when everyone here is entering the conversation fully aware that these leaks are dubious at best.

Even other forums and Youtube are all with the same stance.

Really, we can easily conclude the reason it's taken off being from 

a)We have nothing to discuss on the new FE besides generic "what do you want in the next FE?"

b)The concept proposed here has recieved a generally positive reception from most who encounter it.

So, I guess if her "refusal" to vet her source on what is openly touted as a concept leak that may or may not be real with no actual harm done to anyone is somehow breaking some rules of Serenes, so be it, but it's not bothering me, personally. 

Unless your concern is that these leaks, whether real or not, could affect the final game's sales in some way.... (Oh no, Castlevania Emblem was fake? I'm never buying an FE game again!)

Who cares if there is nothing to discuss on this board at the moment? There is plenty of other things to discuss on the greater forum like Cipher and Heroes, that this shouldn't even factor into this discussion. It's not like the board will disappear before the game is presented. 

I believe in the integrity of Serenes Forest, and I've believed in it since I joined almost ten years ago. Forums that try to maintain a serious community crack down on people posting false leaks. Allowing people to join and post whatever they want without consequence is insane and is just asking for trolls to move in.

I would be satisfied if Mis Leaker shared her materials with the moderation team in private, and they could determine if it is legitimate or not. I think that's a fair compromise between protecting the privacy of her source, and maintaining the integrity of the community. 

9 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I guess I'm just confused on why you feel she should be punished when everyone here is entering the conversation fully aware that these leaks are dubious at best.

Even other forums and Youtube are all with the same stance.

Really, we can easily conclude the reason it's taken off being from 

a)We have nothing to discuss on the new FE besides generic "what do you want in the next FE?"

b)The concept proposed here has recieved a generally positive reception from most who encounter it.

So, I guess if her "refusal" to vet her source on what is openly touted as a concept leak that may or may not be real with no actual harm done to anyone is somehow breaking some rules of Serenes, so be it, but it's not bothering me, personally. 

Unless your concern is that these leaks, whether real or not, could affect the final game's sales in some way.... (Oh no, Castlevania Emblem was fake? I'm never buying an FE game again!)

I agree that's going VERY extreme over a leak even if its not true going to that measure would look bad for this forum if its very radical than it already kinda looks like. I rather have this leak to have fun to see the possible ideas for FE16 than the generic "would you want this in FE Switch" topics as of late I generally enjoy this leak and still give her some benefit of the doubt until the teaser comes but again still I wouldn't be upset if this turns out false.

2 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I agree that's going VERY extreme over a leak even if its not true going to that measure would look bad for this forum if its very radical than it already kinda looks like. I rather have this leak to have fun to see the possible ideas for FE16 than the generic "would you want this in FE Switch" topics as of late I generally enjoy this leak and still give her some benefit of the doubt until the teaser comes but again still I wouldn't be upset if this turns out false.

True or false, it doesn't matter. As long as the next game is coming, I'll be looking forward to it all the same.

Yeah... Calling for some permabans unless she speaks privately with a few moderaters she doesn't personally know in a situation that already threatens livelihoods over a whether or not this story is a leak or fanfic starts going down a slippery slope at a barreling pace. 

I understand if you are concerned over Serenes if it were reporting these leaks as fact, which is an issue of journalistic integrity, the deal is it hasn't been. There is no need to grab pitchforks here.

Also, keep in mind at least one mod of Serenes has participated in these very discussions, and has yet to have reason to take action.

There is no slippery slope here, a major gaming forum did this exact procedure a few weeks ago, and nobody was exposed. What I ask is for people to take responsibility for what they post, so let's clear the air and put an end to this ridiculous drama. 

42 minutes ago, Hardin said:

There is no slippery slope here, a major gaming forum did this exact procedure a few weeks ago, and nobody was exposed. What I ask is for people to take responsibility for what they post, so let's clear the air and put an end to this ridiculous drama. 

Fair enough! 

10 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I think it’s faker than fake BUT I won’t be mean to Miss Leaker either way 

but if I’m right I will say I told ya so even though most people said it bechsse I’m right I fet to do that 

God I hope it’s fake. We at Team Shingestu spent too much effort already making a fan game based off these leaks.