FE16 "leaks"

There's not much more to say other than whether you think it's real or fake. Either way I hope nothing bad happens to Miss Leaker. Though I wonder what would happen to the fan game mentioned before if this leak turns out to be real. You could change it into a fan sequel/prequel I guess.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn so barren here....I really hope whatever gets tease from the next main direct soon gives enough info to last till the release (for JP at the very least anyway) even snips of stuff gonna be in it since they are doing it alot nowadays for this years games and a very few next. I love the Fates days with the Famitsu scans those were like the "pic of the day"/Corocoro scans for me I really hope this will be similar!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

What makes you say that? We don’t even have a reveal yet.

It seems like most Fire Emblem games recently have released earlier in the year. I could be wrong though and it releases later in the year. Either way I think we could receive a good amount of information on FE16, since it's a game we've known about for nearly a year without any footage.

Maybe, as the past couple games have released in the following quarter as the one that revealed, though If was an early summer release. It was localized to Fates and released to the rest of the world early the next year. So, I'm guessing if FE16 is revealed in January, the game will be out worldwide between April to June.

As of Echoes, though, IS seems more inclined to launch their FE games worldwide much closer to the JP launches after the shitstorm that occured with the hacked, fan-translation deviating so far from the Treehouse official. There is no way of knowing how many people opted to not purchase the English version based on the bad press.

I know the hack was a patch over the actual game, meaning legit copies of the JP version were being bought, but Nintendo is about as zero tolerance as possible to hacking and modding with their hardware and software. So, move faster with the official versions and use a translation house without the bad rep with fans.

I do expect a 2018 release, and I think we're likely to see it release all over the world rapid fire if not every where the same day. 

The dream is a surprise first quarter 2018 worldwide drop in March, but the reality I'm expecting is FE16 to come out in the first half of 2018.

Odds are we see a trailer next month, a date for the Japanese release, and the Western release coming a month (at the least) after. A worldwide release would be phenomenal though. 

On 12/19/2017 at 10:39 PM, LaserDuda said:

It seems like most Fire Emblem games recently have released earlier in the year. I could be wrong though and it releases later in the year. Either way I think we could receive a good amount of information on FE16, since it's a game we've known about for nearly a year without any footage.

Well I'm predicting in May at least for JP for the launch month 1-2 months after for outside JP. The years almost over when January hits and they announce the next main direct I'm jotting it down on my calender at last over a year to finally get FE16 info!

11 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Anybody know when the next direct is? 

i'm guessing January since that's when the Nintendo direct leak suggested

I don't know, I feel like the day/night thing was a bit underplayed in Fates. It was probably pushed harder in If considering the kingdom names, but even Valla's nature of being underground was confusingly understated. (Like, was it an underworld? literal inner side of the globe? flat-earth rules? separate dimension? literally any and all make as much sense considering that bizarre shot of upside down topography with Azura.) Really, Nohr's darkness just came down to the royals wearing a ton of black.

Meh, the leaks run so hard with the light and dark themes pushing straight to the heaven or hell themes, but it's angels verses demons and the demons seem alright when you get to know em, etc.

I think that's tired as a theme (mostly because it get's into pearl clutching offensiveness pretty easily), but the gothic Nohr was VERY popular compared to the fantasy fuedal Japan of Hoshido, so this could be IS taking another crack at that but supplanting the Nohrian aesthetic on the "light" kingdom, too.

I still can't decide if I want the leaks to be legit or not.

Edited by Altrosa

Way late to this topic, but I do have a few thoughts. Team Fake, but I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be real. I feel like IS should start taking chances each game to break away from the normal. Try new things and experiment. See what's well received with what they try, keep the ideas that are liked for future installments, and anything that was hated drop it. Fates is the worst two games in the series imo but I still enjoyed them. They tried new things with Conquest, and with the weapon triangle system. Stat drops even though I despise this mechanic it was new.

I don't want IS to play it safe every installment. I want them to explore many different things, even if they do it only once. The core game should always be the same because there is a ton of hardcore fans of this series, but branch out. Try incorporating new genres, story elements you wouldn't have considered previously. There's a lot of flexibility with FE, it's fantasy can cover a lot of things they haven't already done. I love Dragons, but every single game (since Tellius) being about some evil dragon, or a dragon that's turned evil/losing its mind gets a little old. Naga, Grima, Duma, and Mila have set a tone for Divine Dragons and it's neat that these ancient beings end up going insane, but it's being a little too overplayed. I love Tellius games so much (3rd and fourth favorites after Thracia, and Genealogy) because neither of the main villains were dragons. FE7 didn't have a dragon as the enemy, just a man trying to use their power. And quite honestly I enjoy the games that don't have dragons (as the main boss) more than the ones that do.

So about the leaks. Vampires would be a cool element, something that hasn't been explored yet. A vampire King uniting every one of them and trying to take the world from the humans. Or! Maybe the humans are uniting to put an end to all vampires, so they have to unite to survive. It would have to be well written, and I'd prefer if they made their own rules about the vampires powers instead of just copy/pasting from what's been done nowadays. If vampires are in it, I'd like for werewolves to be in it too as the reverse side of the coin. Also, I'd definitely want Vampire and Werewolf characters recruitable, the most annoying thing an FE game can do, is make really great classes or units with great personality and design, and make them enemy only.

edit: also villain avatar is my dream. I want to be on the evil side for once. I know it wouldn't be very likely at all, but damn do I want a merciless main character as the protagonist, even if it isn't the avatar.

Edited by TwinBlade

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Well with the new rumor of a Nintendo direct next week Thursday the 11th we can soon finally put this "leak" to rest.

If they even reveal anything about Fire Emblem at all. One would hope so.

And I was hoping to see the Direct before school started back up.  Oh, well.

I'm super excited to see what Nintendo might have in store.

(Please show more SMT5.  Pretty please.  Pretty pretty pretty please...)

And I was hoping to see the Direct before school started back up.  Oh, well.

I'm super excited to see what Nintendo might have in store.

(Please show more SMT5.  Pretty please.  Pretty pretty pretty please...)