FE16 "leaks"

31 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I agree 1 year of silence is enough....also that quote we heard that a year ago during that FE Direct so yeah nothing new at all.

I don't even want game footage,an official title,synopsis and artwork for the main cast is enough for me.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE Fates had already been shown off in two Nintendo Directs before being featured at E3. To say it was announced there is pretty misleading.

There's never been precedent of Nintendo using E3 to reveal a Fire Emblem game, and I don't believe this will be different with FE Switch either.

1 hour ago, Prince of Iris said:

FE Fates had already been shown off in two Nintendo Directs before being featured at E3. To say it was announced there is pretty misleading.

There's never been precedent of Nintendo using E3 to reveal a Fire Emblem game, and I don't believe this will be different with FE Switch either.

Exactly it'll get teased soon and depending on release date or window could show up at E3 later

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

Radiant Dawn was shown off first at E3, but that is the one exception to the rule. 

Thanks, I was actually not aware of this.

I really don't think the FE Switch reveal will be at this E3 though, since I feel that would end up too close to when it's supposed to release. I find it makes a lot more sense logistically to reveal it earlier in the year, then show it at E3 again later.

2 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

I don't even want game footage,an official title,synopsis and artwork for the main cast is enough for me.

Same here at least what we're obviously expecting to be in the game is good enough till info on newer/enhanced features and mechanics hopefully after the reveal their more open to info than relying on Famitsu scans(which are awesome btw).

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

Thanks, I was actually not aware of this.

I really don't think the FE Switch reveal will be at this E3 though, since I feel that would end up too close to when it's supposed to release. I find it makes a lot more sense logistically to reveal it earlier in the year, then show it at E3 again later.

Not nesscarily. Pokemon USUM were announced during the early June, and released Mid-November. By the time they announce the game, most of the development is done.

11 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Not nesscarily. Pokemon USUM were announced during the early June, and released Mid-November. By the time they announce the game, most of the development is done.

I don't think you really understand what I'm saying here. FE Switch isn't the kind of game they'd want to announce so closely to its release and can't be compared to the latest Pokémon games. They're on different levels of marketability.

Like, there's a reason why a game such as FE Echoes was announced and released in a shorter time frame than other games in the series. Because it's not a major title that was projected to sell as much. Same with Pokémon USUM. Fire Emblem making its debut on the latest Nintendo home console with a brand new title is a huge deal to them, so logically they should handle its marketing accordingly by showing it off sooner. Revealing the game during the summer then releasing it in the fall makes little sense in comparison.

1 minute ago, Prince of Iris said:

I don't think you really understand what I'm saying here. FE Switch isn't the kind of game they'd want to announce so closely to its release and can't be compared to the latest Pokémon games. They're on different levels of marketability.

Like, there's a reason why a game such as FE Echoes was announced and released in a shorter time frame than other games in the series. Because it's not a major title that was projected to sell as much. Same with Pokémon USUM. Fire Emblem making its debut on the latest Nintendo home console with a brand new title is a huge deal to them, so logically they should handle its marketing accordingly by showing it off sooner. Revealing the game during the summer then releasing it in the fall makes little sense in comparison.

Again agreed on everything!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Kaen said:

Do you think this cooldown on FEH could be related to FE 16?

The video was released on Nov. 14, 2017, so after 100 days, Feb. 22, 2018.

EavesdroppingOwl-300x152.png

It better not,the idea of having to wait yet another month to learn some new info about the game is too much.

1 hour ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

It better not,the idea of having to wait yet another month to learn some new info about the game is too much.

Same I doubt its anything related to FE 16 probably something for Heroes I still think FE 16 will be revealed in February anyway.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Within the context of the video, Feh presents Eavesdropping Owl as a special skill she has, one for gathering information. If you see it that way, then its effect suggests she'll provide more information about FE Heroes through another Feh Channel when the cooldown drops from 100 to 0. If we assume it's going down by 1 per day starting from the date of the latest Feh Channel, then it would indeed land on February 22.

However, there appears to be some mixed interpretation as to what Feh meant when she literally said she'd work hard on reducing the countdown. Some people choose to believe Feh meant her Eavesdropping Owl cooldown would get reduced just as the other special skills were (meaning Eavesdropping Owl could trigger sooner than 100 days), but it's also possible she is simply referring to her daily efforts to reduce the countdown number starting from 100.

Personally, I think it's probably a significant fact that Feh specifically said she'd reduce the countdown as opposed to the cooldown, and the next Feh Channel will likely air on the 22nd. Either way, there likely will be some big news for FE Heroes next month, given that's the first year anniversary.

As for the relationship between this and FE Switch, it's hard to say they could be in any way related, but at this point I don't think it's impossible either. There's always a chance FE Heroes could have some sort of tie-in with FE Switch long before release. I really don't believe they would actually reveal FE Switch in a Feh Channel though. It just doesn't seem appropriate to me.