FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2018 at 1:07 PM, Corrobin said:

"On the distant horizon, a full-scale war is mounting in a brand new Fire Emblem game coming to Nintendo Switch."

Doesn't tell us much, but it's something.

If we’re to consider these words literally, this means the game will be set in Marth’s World. Thus, Miss Leaker is a liar. 

8 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

If we’re to consider these words literally, this means the game will be set in Marth’s World. Thus, Miss Leaker is a liar. 

Ugh.  I hope not.  I feel like Archanea's had enough attention between the original games and Awakening.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Ugh.  I hope not.  I feel like Archanea's had enough attention between the original games and Awakening.

Shadow Dragon was a lazy remake done at a time when FE was still esoteric, Neither Mystery nor its remake got to the West, Awakening saved the franchise but left a lot of plot holes behind, Echoes tried to fix this gap but didn’t have the runtime. 

Nothing wrong with a game that bridges Marth and Awakening, as long as it fills the plot holes. 

37 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

"On the distant horizon" could imply a different continent in the Archanea world, like Jugdral or Valentia.

Which I'd be all for. It's the most fleshed out world in the FEverse. The only thing I'd like as much would be another game set in the Tellius world. Either way, it'd be nice to get more out of these worlds, where the rules and lore are already pretty set in stone. After Fates, I don't trust IS to build a new world. The other FE that has just one entry in its world, Magvel, might actually be worse than Fates in terms of building its world.

Edited by Slumber

59 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The other FE that has just one entry in its world, Magvel, might actually be worse than Fates in terms of building its world.

Magvel at the least has a name. Both have a mediocre at best backstory involving some heroes and crap. Both have countries and leaders. Looking at pure info. Magvel is at least one point ahead I'd say. (Albeit only because it has a name.)

3 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Magvel at the least has a name. Both have a mediocre at best backstory involving some heroes and crap. Both have countries and leaders. Looking at pure info. Magvel is at least one point ahead I'd say. (Albeit only because it has a name.)

Counterpoint: Fates at least goes into its lore a little bit. It's lazy, and it feels like things like legendary weapons are given out like candy at random, but at least we know how and why they exist.

We don't even know about half of the shit that's supposed to be important to Magvel's world. We don't know shit about the titular Sacred Stones beyond them being able to "seal evil", and 3/5 of the "heroes of yore" who built the damn continent aren't even given names.

Fates also has at least two distinct major cultures in its world. Everything in Magvel feels very same-y, barring the desert samurai.

I would advise against inferring too much from that phrasing. It was always my impression from the FE Direct that it was just a metaphor meant to indicate the new game would take place in a different setting, or if nothing else, that it would be a story to tell in the distant future.

I think it's worth considering the possibility that FE Switch could revisit an existing world, but it's important to understand that we don't really have enough to say it won't take place in a new setting either.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, Prince of Iris said:

I don't think you really understand what I'm saying here. FE Switch isn't the kind of game they'd want to announce so closely to its release and can't be compared to the latest Pokémon games. They're on different levels of marketability.

Like, there's a reason why a game such as FE Echoes was announced and released in a shorter time frame than other games in the series. Because it's not a major title that was projected to sell as much. Same with Pokémon USUM. Fire Emblem making its debut on the latest Nintendo home console with a brand new title is a huge deal to them, so logically they should handle its marketing accordingly by showing it off sooner. Revealing the game during the summer then releasing it in the fall makes little sense in comparison.

Historically, FE games tended to be "revealed" (not announced) just months before release. Fates and Awakening followed this pattern as well. So it's not completely out of the question. However, given that FE is a top seller for Nintendo now, it may not follow a precedent. BUT, if it is revealed next month, then it would just follow a similar promotional pattern as Fates.

24 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Considering almost every Fire Emblem game can be described as a world that has a war that involves many countries, I 100% doubt that the small description is giving any info.

Exactly. Why anyone is reading into this for more than half a second is beyond me. It's literally just a default description of every FE game...

1 minute ago, TwinBlade said:

Exactly. Why anyone is reading into this for more than half a second is beyond me. It's literally just a default description of every FE game...

Same this just grasping at air Fire Emblem can sum up to this without speculation.

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Historically, FE games tended to be "revealed" (not announced) just months before release. Fates and Awakening followed this pattern as well. So it's not completely out of the question. However, given that FE is a top seller for Nintendo now, it may not follow a precedent. BUT, if it is revealed next month, then it would just follow a similar promotional pattern as Fates.

You're not wrong, but to be clear, I don't meant to say FE Switch wouldn't be like FE Awakening or FE Fates, which took like five to seven months to release. I'm only saying it wouldn't make as much sense to release FE Switch after a relatively shorter amount of time compared to those two, like FE Echoes which took only three.

To show FE Switch for the first time in the summer then to release it in the fall doesn't suit the kind of game we're talking about here, especially compared to how Nintendo has been showing off their other key titles for Switch. My point is that it is safer to bet it'll be revealed sooner than E3.

Edited by Prince of Iris

14 hours ago, Slumber said:

"On the distant horizon" could imply a different continent in the Archanea world, like Jugdral or Valentia.

Which I'd be all for. It's the most fleshed out world in the FEverse. The only thing I'd like as much would be another game set in the Tellius world. Either way, it'd be nice to get more out of these worlds, where the rules and lore are already pretty set in stone. After Fates, I don't trust IS to build a new world. The other FE that has just one entry in its world, Magvel, might actually be worse than Fates in terms of building its world.

Actually, Fates could very well be the first FE chronologically in the Archanea world. Note that Chrom refers to Hoshido and Nohr as the mythical kingdoms.

Similar potential even exists in Tellius, which is connected to Awakening via Priam.

3 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Considering almost every Fire Emblem game can be described as a world that has a war that involves many countries, I 100% doubt that the small description is giving any info.

Yeah just a basic thing to obviously know about FE.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Actually, Fates could very well be the first FE chronologically in the Archanea world. Note that Chrom refers to Hoshido and Nohr as the mythical kingdoms.

Similar potential even exists in Tellius, which is connected to Awakening via Priam.

The Outrealms and Dragon Gates throw everything out of whack. 

First off, Chrom is DLC in Fates, so you really can't take anything he says at face value. The Owain, Severa and Inigo trio confirm it's a different world, and the supports of the reincarnated kids from Awakening suggest that Fates takes place AFTER Awakening. "I feel like we've met in a past life" and all that. 

Second, Priam hangs around in the Outrealms. Chrom knowing about Ike doesn't mean anything when people start hopping through dimensions. It very likely could mean that Awakening took the "Ike disappeared" ending of RD and extrapolated it to "Ike literally went to another world", that world being Archanea, where he became as big of a folk hero as Marth. The lore of Tellius doesn't fit in well with the world of Archanea. Dragons are entirely different entities. The Ragnell is also cracked and in bad shape, likely meaning that Ashera's power doesn't protect it anymore. This would have to mean it's somewhere Ashera's power doesn't reach, and since Ashera's probably the most powerful being we've seen in the franchise... It'd be unlikely that her power would wane anywhere in the world of Tellius. 

The only ones we actually know for sure are connected to Awakening are the first 5 games in the franchise. And Jugdral barely has anything to do with the Archanea stuff since it takes place on a far away continent, and not a stone's throw across the ocean like Valentia/Valm.

Edited by Slumber

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

First off, Chrom is DLC in Fates, so you really can't take anything he says at face value. The Owain, Severa and Inigo trio confirm it's a different world, and the supports of the reincarnated kids from Awakening suggest that Fates takes place AFTER Awakening. "I feel like we've met in a past life" and all that. 

Second, Priam hangs around in the Outrealms. Chrom knowing about Ike doesn't mean anything when people start hopping through dimensions. It very likely could mean that Awakening took the "Ike disappeared" ending of RD and extrapolated it to "Ike literally went to another world", that world being Archanea, where he became as big of a folk hero as Marth. The lore of Tellius doesn't fit in well with the world of Archanea. Dragons are entirely different entities. The Ragnell is also cracked and in bad shape, likely meaning that Ashera's power doesn't protect it anymore. This would have to mean it's somewhere Ashera's power doesn't reach, and since Ashera's probably the most powerful being we've seen in the franchise... It'd be unlikely that her power would wane anywhere in the world of Tellius. 

The only ones we actually know for sure are connected to Awakening are the first 5 games in the franchise. And Jugdral barely has anything to do with the Archanea stuff since it takes place on a far away continent, and not a stone's throw across the ocean like Valentia/Valm.

This is why I prefer to avoid trying to make every single Fire Emblem game into one timeline unless it's clear cut like with Archanea, Valentia, Jugdral, and Ylisse. It gives me a headache and nothing is gained by linking games that have no business being in the same continuity. 

18 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Couldn't the cracking of Ragnell simply be the result of defeating Ashera at the end of Radiant Dawn? Such a thing could conceivably at least weaken the blessing. That seems like the obvious explanation. 

Anyway I still wonder even now if Miss Leaker is still legitimate at this point. I mean I can still see obvious things happening for FE16 like Avatar and Marriages(w/probably kids?). Plus the Day/Night mechanics is cool stuff. No big thing is announced yet probably till early February I'd laugh if the Human/Kibaire thing is real though since I'd still be hype for that.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

22 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Couldn't the cracking of Ragnell simply be the result of defeating Ashera at the end of Radiant Dawn? Such a thing could conceivably at least weaken the blessing. That seems like the obvious explanation. 

No, because once Ashera is defeated, Ashunera is reborn, who consists of both Ashera and Yune. Ashera still technically exists, certainly in more of a capacity than she did when she was sealed/secluded, and Ragnell was never damaged when Ashera was gone in the first place.

Edited by Slumber

I for one find the leaks intriguing.Being a fan of gothic and supernatural elements in media or literature,the idea of having vampires in FE makes me excited.Althouth I doubt that the leaks have any truth to them but I'll be pleasantly suprised if they turn out to be true.

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

No, because once Ashera is defeated, Ashunera is reborn, who consists of both Ashera and Yune. Ashera still technically exists, certainly in more of a capacity than she did when she was sealed/secluded, and Ragnell was never damaged when Ashera was gone in the first place.

I suppose you're right. Such memory loss on my part certainly is a downside of a decade-old game.

Though perhaps there is still a question to be made. It was blessed by order - Ashera. Does order exist in a pure state when balanced by chaos in the same being?

And does Ashera/Ashunera (as the most powerful being in the FE universe in your words) really fall to such limitations as not being able to reach across dimensions when we see beings like Anankos do the same (provided that Awakening and Fates are in fact seperate dimensions)?