FE16 "leaks"

1 hour ago, kisooni said:

Do you think the Direct Mini from last month will set a precedent for not announcing the directs from now on? Because there's only a couple of days left in the 12th-15th window and if we don't hear an announcement soon, our only hope I guess would be that they drop it unannounced. I don't know a lot about the nature of directs and how they are usually announced, though. Thoughts?

Well I think in the past Nintendo released Direct Mini's without any announcements ahead of time, so I think if we get a larger Direct they will announce it first before releasing it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a weird mix of anxiousness and excitement when a Nintendo Direct is announced and I enjoy it. It just seems like Nintendo Direct's generate a huge amount of hype for many. I also think we're in a situation where Nintendo revealed the existence of several games to let people know big things will come past 2017, but we don't know much about them besides their existence.

Edited by LaserDuda

Why are people talking about E3 when it is in June? We still have over 4 months, and there is no way Nintendo isn't going to drop any info on the FE Switch before that. FE Switch will probably not be the focus of E3 either (although I'd love to be proven wrong just to see pictures on what they turn their booth into) because it won't move the amount of units they need to hit the 20 million. I'm expecting either AC, Pokemon, or Smash to be the main focus as that would be what moves the kinds of numbers they need to hit that goal. I'm just so confused because I've seen people bring up E3 as if it is right around the corner when it is still pretty far away. There is plenty of time to get info on FE Switch especially if it isn't due until after Summer.

1 hour ago, YingofDarkness said:

Why are people talking about E3 when it is in June? We still have over 4 months, and there is no way Nintendo isn't going to drop any info on the FE Switch before that. FE Switch will probably not be the focus of E3 either (although I'd love to be proven wrong just to see pictures on what they turn their booth into) because it won't move the amount of units they need to hit the 20 million. I'm expecting either AC, Pokemon, or Smash to be the main focus as that would be what moves the kinds of numbers they need to hit that goal. I'm just so confused because I've seen people bring up E3 as if it is right around the corner when it is still pretty far away. There is plenty of time to get info on FE Switch especially if it isn't due until after Summer.

Its because of possibilities plus recent news on the floor plans for this year so its relevent and possible demos, new Amiibos, SE stuff not because it isn't gonna be reveal till then the news will definitely come way before E3.

8 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Yea E3 is still far away and I don't think Nindy will stay radio silent about certain games until then.Maybe a few teases here and there and then more coverage at E3.

I'm expecting a famitsu coverage for FE switch,they always have those for jrpgs.

^pretty much this, as for that recent rumor the day is still early but I'm not calling it quits for anything February yet but it looks like it's a certainty that March will have a info drop especially since it's the most important month for the Switch.

37 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

^pretty much this, as for that recent rumor the day is still early but I'm not calling it quits for anything February yet but it looks like it's a certainty that March will have a info drop especially since it's the most important month for the Switch.

Announcements for directs happen early though. It’s paat the time already so it’s a dead rumor now 

24 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Switch's Anniversary definitely has to be hype especially if FE Switch is taking a bit long for the info better be worth it better be some kinda beast of a game.

Hype leads to big expectations,big expectations leads to eventual disappointment and disappointment leads to anger.

I also think that the direct will probably drop somewhere around the first week of march but don't get too excited.That goes for both the game and direct.

3 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Hype leads to big expectations,big expectations leads to eventual disappointment and disappointment leads to anger.

I also think that the direct will probably drop somewhere around the first week of march but don't get too excited.That goes for both the game and direct.

This is why they should've save the announcement if not even a logo was planned. That's why the wait lowers the enthusiasm and excitement because you can't tell what expectations to make for yourself if their not giving any hints or signs of what to expect for the game coming. Of course it might show in early March for the clear obvious Switch anniversary event that's imo pretty likely to happen but the only thing is to cross fingers at this point.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

And anger leads to hate, and hate to suffering, right?

Seriously, though, as much as I hate to admit it, the Switch's release anniversary might be the most realistic time for us to see FE Switch, since if there really is going to be another big event to celebrate its anniversary, it would be then that we should see the most big reveals.

54 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

And anger leads to hate, and hate to suffering, right?

Seriously, though, as much as I hate to admit it, the Switch's release anniversary might be the most realistic time for us to see FE Switch, since if there really is going to be another big event to celebrate its anniversary, it would be then that we should see the most big reveals.

I was hopeful we would see FE Switch before that point, but if it hasn't happened yet, then I don't see it happening until March. At the very least the Switch anniversary is very early in March.

5 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I was hopeful we would see FE Switch before that point, but if it hasn't happened yet, then I don't see it happening until March. At the very least the Switch anniversary is very early in March.

What day again? 

I wanna see!! I want a direct! 

7 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

What day again? 

I wanna see!! I want a direct! 

March 3rd. At this point, I feel a direct in March seems more likely.

34 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

I will wait.....if there is no direct in march......i really get angry......but thanks to you guys.....this thread is 50 pages long and i read all ur stuff and gothic and pirates....thats make the waiting easier for me, thank u!

As you can see this has been quite a wild ride.

I don't remember if it was by nintendo itself or some "leaker", but I think I read somewhere that nintendo planned something for the switch's birthday. At first I thought it would be an event because we'd already have had a direct, but there is still no trace of it XD

The switch's birthday is in two weeks, so I suppose we'll have the direct there. And then the hype train will go fiercly again :D

2 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

I don't remember if it was by nintendo itself or some "leaker", but I think I read somewhere that nintendo planned something for the switch's birthday. At first I thought it would be an event because we'd already have had a direct, but there is still no trace of it XD

The switch's birthday is in two weeks, so I suppose we'll have the direct there. And then the hype train will go fiercly again :D

I really hope its from Nintendo that stated this it obviously would make obvious sense for them to do so as well I feel plans are in the works for an event/direct in 2 weeks!

Alright thanks for clearing everything up for me, the E3 talk makes a lot more sense now.

It seems like the direct will probably be held on March, and thankfully it is in the beginning of it. Hopefully it is actually on the Saturday because I don't want to have to be dodging spoilers the second I get home because I was at work. Now I'm actually pretty excited to see what they come up with for the anniversary event!

16 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Alright thanks for clearing everything up for me, the E3 talk makes a lot more sense now.

It seems like the direct will probably be held on March, and thankfully it is in the beginning of it. Hopefully it is actually on the Saturday because I don't want to have to be dodging spoilers the second I get home because I was at work. Now I'm actually pretty excited to see what they come up with for the anniversary event!

Like IEatLasers said, Directs don't happen on Saturdays.  I imagine if we do get a Direct/other presentation for the Switch's anniversary, it'll be a few days before or after.