FE16 "leaks"

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Like IEatLasers said, Directs don't happen on Saturdays.  I imagine if we do get a Direct/other presentation for the Switch's anniversary, it'll be a few days before or after.

I mean they can always change things up if they want to, but I did use the word "hopefully" for a reason haha. I know it isn't an 100% thing, but it would be more convenient if it was on a Saturday since Gamexplain immediately starts posting up videos about the direct while it is going on (most times even faster then Nintendo). If it doesn't then I still have my fallback, but I will always get a bit spoiler regardless unless the time is an hour and 30 before I go to work or 30 mins after I leave. At which point I can catch it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it feels awful not seeing anyone post here since it was mainly used as discussion thread lately. Hope you guys are not depressing too much over the lack of news like me.

We'll get something soon hopefully!

Glad someone replied back to this topic! But yeah I'm in the depress period for wanting info at this point but just saying there's only 11 days left of this month (including today) so hopefully week after next some announcement regarding a Switch event surfaces to finally get the FE16 ball moving!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Maybe FE Cipher is hinting at FE Switch. Just speculation. Set 12 just had a livestream and by then they would've announced set 14's game titles that would be associted with it. However, instead they called it "Mugen". (Roughly trabslates to Infinite.) Due note that Mugen isn't the official title for set 14, it's just a sort of nickname. Plus, set 13 is releasing late June, so set 14 would be 1-2 months apart, by then, FE Switch, may get a big info drop. 

Edited by GrimmLow

1 hour ago, GrimmLow said:

Maybe FE Cipher is hinting at FE Switch. Just speculation. Set 12 just had a livestream and by then they would've announced set 14's game titles that would be associted with it. However, instead they called it "Mugen". (Roughly trabslates to Infinite.) Due note that Mugen isn't the official title for set 14, it's just a sort of nickname. Plus, set 13 is releasing late June, so set 14 would be 1-2 months apart, by then, FE Switch, may get a big info drop. 

Wait, what?!

Just now, EdeaCreamer said:

That'd be nice, but it sounds a bit...subtle...

I agree. Which is why I'm really leaving this with speculation. However, it was very odd that all they left us for Set 14 was "Mugen" instead of officially giving us the game titles that were going to be associated with it.

That would actually be a pretty cool way to see some of the characters. I'd assume that by September we'd have a good idea of the cast, gameplay, and main story bit so it would just add more fuel to the hype. It might also drive up sales more as people try to get their hands on these new characters we know little about.

5 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

We have to wait until July to hear something? Ffs..... 

On 2/13/2018 at 8:27 AM, The Lazy Tactician said:

Don't forget that like Fates this time around there will be also two versions of the game.One will focus on the human side and the other one on the vampire side.And our protagonist vampCorrin has to choose which side to support.My info has been verified by two sources so it's definitely true/s.

I know this is like 5 days late, but I thought the leak said that VampCorrin lead an army against the "Holy" Knights, and we control both, and can fight against each other.

But given the backstory I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped sides.

...Anyways, anyone got word on the hack covering this? I would love to see how far it's gotten.

16 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

...Anyways, anyone got word on the hack covering this? I would love to see how far it's gotten.

It's not very far along to my knowledge, though I don't know for certain as I'm not an actual developer of the hack.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Greetings. I’m the writer for this hack’s storyboard. I must say with disappointment that we’ve made not much progress, and we are currently on hiatus until summer. 

Until then, look forward to another hack I’m working on with Kenjigoomba (Don’t know if that’s his SF name). Details on this hack will be released when we’ve actually developed something. 

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

How would you know that? 

I think he’s just saying that to give us all a date to rally around lol

soooo 

is this the 5th, or the 12th? March starts in the middle of the week. 

Edited by IEatLasers

I have 2 assumptions about this next Direct. The first thing being a kind of gut feeling about Directs in general, and the second is about the general content about the next Direct and why it's taking a while to hear anything about it. 

1) I kind of get the impression that Directs are put together relatively quickly. While I believe that the contents of each Direct are likely planned well in advance, I think how it's all presented and when the Directs actually happen is put together on the fly. Case and point: A Way Out was part of the leaked January presentation slideshow when EA's portion got leaked back in December. Yet EA's sole representation in that Direct was Fe. Which leads me to believe that something happened with A Way Out when Nintendo was putting the presentation together. Whether it be that A Way Out wasn't ready to be shown and Nintendo didn't want to wait for it or if Nintendo simply decided it wasn't a good fit. Either way, the planned content within the Direct changed within the span of a couple weeks, and something minor got left out. 

2) This next Direct isn't going to be just FE. I don't think IS has nearly enough projects to reveal to get their own Direct like last year. Rather, this next Direct is going to be a BIG one that focuses on Nintendo's major titles for the year. The January Direct was a lot of small titles probably to get those out of the way so that Nintendo can put together a presentation that's solely their big projects for the year. 

And I guess putting these two things together, I'm relatively certain that the reason that this is taking so long is that Nintendo's still waiting on something big to be shown off(My money is on the Switch version of DQXI, which will likely also be when the western release for that game is revealed. Nintendo and Square have been promising Switch DQXI for a long time now, and it's been a year since its release on the PS4. It could also be Pokemon Switch if Nintendo's report from a few weeks ago is to be believed.)

To compare to the last Direct, if the last one was the Direct for big, AAA projects, I can guarantee that they would have waited until A Way Out was ready to be shown, if it was to be one of Nintendo's tent pole releases for the year, rather than just ignore it like they did. They can't let those slide, and they can't ignore big releases like that. So once they have everything they need for this Direct, it will probably come out pretty quick. And then we'll see FE Switch. 

So again, to reiterate, I really don't think there's any reason to think Nintendo's giving Fire Emblem the shaft, that it's being delayed, or that FE's "vaporware" or anything dumb like that. Fire Emblem probably isn't the reason that it's taking so long for Fire Emblem to get revealed. 

I do hope the S14 of cipher is a hint at something FINALLY for FE16 the phrase/wording of "Infinity" could lead to many possibilities if it actually is connected with the new game! I did remember in Echoes one of the cipher characters mentioned "boundless chaos" and forget they mentioned it so that's definitely food for thought.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn