FE16 "leaks"

2 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Censorship gets on my nerves too, I personally was more pissed off at some of the altered support conversations that dumbed down the characters.

You can take anime tiddies away and I wont get too steamed most cuz I'm gay but start fucking with the writing for no good reason and THEN I have a problem.

Then there will be a hung knight who gets his package removed in the localized version. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Gosh please no. I hate these dumb avatars. 

Robin was okay but by far least interesting compared to Chrom, Lucina, and even many of the supporting cast. But a true least Robin wasn’t Main Character  

I'm hesitant to start this here, but really? Chrom interesting? His whole stoic dutiful character was so generic and done to death that without Robin and Lucina to round out the cast, Awakening would have been a bloody boring game. And no, I'm not convinced that more screen time would have made Chrom any more interesting because from what I could tell there simply wasn't much there to begin with. And regarding the main character thing, wasn't one of the major points of the story that Robin and Chrom were "two sides of the same coin" and thus essentially dual protagonists? They certainly were in function if not in form.

On topic, it would be nice to see characters from Fe 16 in the next Smash, but at this point I'm more concerned about the former simply being overshadowed by the latter, especially if apparently all bets are now on e3.

Guest Dreamyboi
11 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Gosh please no. I hate these dumb avatars. 

Robin was okay but by far least interesting compared to Chrom, Lucina, and even many of the supporting cast. But a true least Robin wasn’t Main Character  

Corrin was just nothing. Such a boring main character. There was no personality and she shouldn’t have lead the game. 

Warriors made her more likeable but she shouldn’t be the leading person  

this game needs a set lord who can compete with Ike, Ephiraim, Chrom, Marth, and all the other strong men with actual characterization and development that IS writes and this time maybe make a female MC who actually grows and envelops like the men tend to  

That's what I'm thinking too. The problem with Avatar lead characters is that they try to be both their own character and self insert blank slates.

What ends up happening is either an uninteresting character (Robin) a spotlight stealer that everyone worships (Kris) or a flat character whose entire being is plot convenient (Corrin). Avatar characters are a liability to the storytelling and they really shouldn't exist anymore. 3 games in a row is plenty thanks.

Alright, well see you guys at the next possible leak or direct or reveal or otherwise E3.  I'm just going to get on with life for now and try and forget they ever said FE 16 was coming in the first place.

Guest Dreamyboi
7 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Then there will be a hung knight who gets his package removed in the localized version. 

Shit just got real son

Guest Dreamyboi
4 minutes ago, Crux said:

I'm hesitant to start this here, but really? Chrom interesting? His whole stoic dutiful character was so generic and done to death that without Robin and Lucina to round out the cast, Awakening would have been a bloody boring game. And no, I'm not convinced that more screen time would have made Chrom any more interesting because from what I could tell there simply wasn't much there to begin with. And regarding the main character thing, wasn't one of the major points of the story that Robin and Chrom were "two sides of the same coin" and thus essentially dual protagonists? They certainly were in function if not in form.

On topic, it would be nice to see characters from Fe 16 in the next Smash, but at this point I'm more concerned about the former simply being overshadowed by the latter, especially if apparently all bets are now on e3.

I felt that too. I hear Fire Emblem lords aren't exactly deep or complex but even during my first play through of Awakening (my first FE game) I just found him boring.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Alright, well see you guys at the next possible leak or direct or reveal or otherwise E3.  I'm just going to get on with life for now and try and forget they ever said FE 16 was coming in the first place.

Probably the best plan, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

As much as I want to see more of FE Switch, moving on with life and waiting is the best approach. Besides, I'm so anxious for a new game when I don't feel like I've properly experienced other FE games, not to mention non-FE games I still want to play.

Chrom had a lot of development 

with him being a bit of s loose canon at first (kinda crazy, has a violent mindset) 

kills Gangrel 

grows up as an exalt (his supports with Olivia detail how he became a better king, probably used her since they happen during the timeskip if they marry) 

But his more calmed mindset is shown clearly 

juxtaposed to Walhart who is an evil version of how Chrom acted at the beginning. 

Chrom overcomes and beats him 

has pure mindset and finally can be the hero. Does the Awakening fights for his friends etc. 

made him way way more interesting than others, to me. 

Guest Dreamyboi
1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

So far if nothing gets announced at E3 it'll be a year and a half of no info on this game.......

And then there'd be enough salt to kill a million snails

7 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

As much as I want to see more of FE Switch, moving on with life and waiting is the best approach. Besides, I'm so anxious for a new game when I don't feel like I've properly experienced other FE games, not to mention non-FE games I still want to play.

Plus I'm still playing non FE games and enjoying them so this is the best option and just play something else till they actually want to show something.

1 hour ago, TwinBlade said:

Coming back here to read all the new "leaks" is fun and all, but I don't think my patience can take it anymore. Gonna go freeze myself, someone thaw me out when it releases.

I can always suspend you until that happens.  In other words, tone it down.

To the rest of this topic: Please reread the Code of Conduct.  I've had to hand out way too many warnings for small things.

3 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

E3... hype train?

What are the chances of a FE16 mini direct next month? Low, probably...

Is there a specific reason for an FE 16 mini direct to happen in April? Otherwise, I wouldn't expect anything before E3 unless there's some kind of main Direct right before it.

6 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Chrom had a lot of development 

with him being a bit of s loose canon at first (kinda crazy, has a violent mindset) 

kills Gangrel 

grows up as an exalt (his supports with Olivia detail how he became a better king, probably used her since they happen during the timeskip if they marry) 

But his more calmed mindset is shown clearly 

juxtaposed to Walhart who is an evil version of how Chrom acted at the beginning. 

Chrom overcomes and beats him 

has pure mindset and finally can be the hero. Does the Awakening fights for his friends etc. 

made him way way more interesting than others, to me. 

I'll grant you the bit with Walhart being interesting because I always appreciate when characters are forced to confront their darker counterparts. The rest of it though, I found rather negligible.

Chrom's violent mindset never really changes, for every problem he's confronted with he responds with violence.

Having a "pure mindset" is a boring character trait when its never really challenged. Bad guys show up, Chrom kills them all. The end. Nothing in the story really seems to question this approach and so as a result I struggled to really get anything out of it. There was no nuance to the character.

Robin by comparison was a far more interesting character because they had their beliefs and indeed their very existence questioned upon learning the truth of their identity.

Chrom wasn’t challenged?

he had to decide how to handle Validar! 

He knew Robin was a threat. Easy thing to do is lock him away for s while 

but he lets Robin stab him in the chest with lightning 

then goes and performs the Awakening 

I think pure mindset is boring for the whole time 

but Chrom has his struggles with Gangrel, Emmyrn, Walhart, Validar, then at the end with Grima. 

When I saw "get ready for more info on Mario Tennis", I had a gut feeling we wouldn't get any news on FE Switch.  Mario may be a big time franchise for Nintendo, but there's no way they'd give a spin-off series like that precedence over a mainline Fire Emblem entry if they know what's good for them.

Though I'm surprised to hear that Smash Switch is happening.  I sincerely hope now that FE Switch's release is far out from Smash's release, especially if the Smash game is just a port of Smash 4.

6 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

FE16 not being here means clearly that there will be a Fe direct, with it's trailer, new dlc for warriors, news about heroes and obviously an anime beause Lucina in heroes/s

Good on you for still looking at things in a positive light.

I just hope we'll get some info at some point this year.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Now that everything has subsided and my thoughts are clear, I am just going to say that if this is going to be an E3 game, that raises expectations, I really don't care how much people are going to say to keep your expectations low, because this is a very noteworthy thing, if this is going to be at E3 that means that nintendo has nothing else, or this is going to be something special, nintendo has skipped E3 in the past so the latter is unlikely, and the last time fire emblem was at E3 was radiant dawn which was the last fire emblem game on console, I do think that there is nothing wrong with having high expectations if they are going to put it out there in front of an audience that large they had better be putting a godly foot forward, because otherwise I feel that all judgement should be questioned at that point. of course if they unceremoniously just throw a video out there this will be irrelevant, but I will say that E3 is no small thing as far as reveals go.

You should still keep your expectations low because being in E3 just means we will get a trailer then. If they do another themed E3 like the past couple of years it will be Smash themed for sure. That is what is going to get them those 20 million Switch units sold, and it will probably start happening now as people start buying the system to beat out the Holiday rush. Being at E3 isn't really a big deal unless it is the main focus game for Nintendo. It does mean we will get extensive look at the gameplay via the Treehouse segment, and we are going to get more information then normal, but it shouldn't raise expectations.

On to the Direct, I'm sad that we get no FE news but not much honestly. We got a release date on Octopatch Travelers, Okami is coming, I finally get to try out Bowser's Inside Story, and there is a Luigi's mansion port! That was my favorite game on the Gamecube and one of the few I enjoyed replaying and beating multiple times.

Oh I just realized that this might have subtly confirmed that FE is coming out during Fall or Winter of 2018. That is probably the reason for all the silence since they don't want to announce more information until they get closer to the release date so probably not until E3. All of the titles announced in this Direct where Spring and Summer releases for the most part after all.

Edited by YingofDarkness
thought of something on another thread and decided to add it here too

After games like KH3 and FF15, I've learned a year really isn't a long time to be waiting for a game. Even if FE16 gets pushed back, that's usually a positive. Most of the time they get pushed back for the better. There's so many worries about it being lazy or having rushed writing, but at the same time you want the game asap. I'm just glad a console fire emblem is happening in the first place..

I'm not too worried about smash being announced first, it will sell more switches, in which will make said people who bought it for smash, will end up hopefully wanting other games for the console they just bought. I already expected to most likely hear about this fire emblem at e3. 

If we are lucky, let's hope for an FE Direct. But, honestly things could be a lot worse than having to wait until June. 

Edited by Vi'sAThief

If FE Switch hasn’t been shown yet it just means there isn’t anything of worth to show from what they have and if that’s he case I think it’s safe to assume it might not be coming out this year or, if we’re lucky at the very end of the year.

Pretty much all of the games in this Direct were given Now-July release dates. (I think only Smash is TBD)

So, FE will not be releasing before E3. Most likely it will be a Fall (my guess is October/November) release.

I hope we see something before E3, but who knows...

33 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Good on you for still looking at things in a positive light.

I just hope we'll get some info at some point this year.

I wish I was, but the "/s" at the end was for sarcasm, I had to watch the octoexpansion trailer like ten times to tone down the disappointment, and it's still there, rather strongly.