FE16 "leaks"

If FE Switch weren't promised, we would spend all this time debating whether the next game will be new, or just another 3DS remake. Both possibilities would feel equally likely. This series is no stranger to releasing new games on dead systems. Plus the rampant success of Heroes begs the question of why they need to do anything other than remakes or spinoff crossover games.

That alternate timeline would suck. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point the signs point to E3 for the official reveal and release info. Also I'm definitely sure they clearly had enough time for the game to still be 2018 as financial reports states and the one coming this month will likely still be 2018 too. Enough development time since after Fates especially when the Gaiden remake was done very quickly by a smaller group in IS since of course it already had a foundation from the original.

3 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

At this point the signs point to E3 for the official reveal and release info.

Yeah I have to agree. I new FEH channel was announced for the 9th and the only way I could see a FE Direct happening on the 20th is if FEH was getting something off it too pad out the length of the video. Unless they decide to do one focused solely on the new game, and give us developer insight and a new trailer I can't think of them doing one purely because the video would be too short.

Hope I'm wrong but if not oh well. All aboard the E3 hype train!

Edited by YingofDarkness
forgot to add the last sentence before clicking submit

15 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Yeah I have to agree. I new FEH channel was announced for the 9th and the only way I could see a FE Direct happening on the 20th is if FEH was getting something off it too pad out the length of the video. Unless they decide to do one focused solely on the new game, and give us developer insight and a new trailer I can't think of them doing one purely because the video would be too short.

To me, the fact that they even included a Smash teaser in the last Direct at all was their way of low-key telling us to keep waiting until E3 to hear anything more in terms of big reveals.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

To me, the fact that they even included a Smash teaser in the last Direct at all was their way of low-key telling us to keep waiting until E3 to hear anything more in terms of big reveals.

To me that could be taken either way. Yes it could mean "just wait until E3" but it did also increase the chances for it to have its own  direct on its birthday in April. FE is a big game for them now especially with Heroes raking in 300 mil last year so it wouldn't be completely odd. 

2 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

To me that could be taken either way. Yes it could mean "just wait until E3" but it did also increase the chances for it to have its own  direct on its birthday in April. FE is a big game for them now especially with Heroes raking in 300 mil last year so it wouldn't be completely odd. 

That would probably be the best time for us to hear more about it if it's going to get buried under everything else at E3, but Fire Emblem doesn't strike me as something Nintendo would go out of its own way to celebrate the anniversary for, certainly not with a mere reveal.

But I never thought that Smash would ever get revealed in a Direct, so really anything could happen.  They could reveal it this month if they don't think it'll draw a lot of attention at E3, or they could be confident enough in it after the series's newfound success with Fates and Heroes to save it for one of their big E3 reveals.

The deal with the last direct, too, is Smash was clearly going to overshadow literally anything it's announced with. Doing it early opens the door for other games to get bombastic reveals.

I really don't think Devs worry too much about games clipping announcements at E3. It's not as overloaded with reveals as it used to be since some devs now like to showsteal smaller conventions (like what just happened with Spyro Reignited), but I'm expecting FE16 to get the same treatment as Fates got.

An early teaser soon, big trailer/s at E3 coupled with 30 minutes to 2 hours of Treehouse streaming, and a few Nintendo Minute episodes or specialty vids sprinkled between announcement and release.

The only thing now is if IS is going to push for a worldwide release, or at least within a few weeks again like with Echoes. I didn't take much issue with the localization of Fates (and sales numbers clearly show I'm not alone in that sentiment), but holy jeez. Those that did hate the official English version, thanks mostly to the fan translation having ample time to progress and spread before we could buy the official, were very loud in their disappointment. (Treehouse probably shouldn't be on that localization either...)

7 hours ago, Altrosa said:

The only thing now is if IS is going to push for a worldwide release, or at least within a few weeks again like with Echoes. I didn't take much issue with the localization of Fates (and sales numbers clearly show I'm not alone in that sentiment), but holy jeez. Those that did hate the official English version, thanks mostly to the fan translation having ample time to progress and spread before we could buy the official, were very loud in their disappointment. (Treehouse probably shouldn't be on that localization either...)

I have a feeling they will push for a worldwide release after what happened with Fates and then Echoes was completely leaked as well. If not the timing is going to be much closer where they will get it a month or two ahead of us.

It is also the internet. I rarely hear anything about the localization from anybody outside of the fandom. Most people won't look up that information before hand and even if they do unless it is a humongous change they don't care. Literally the only thing I ever really hear about localization wise is the voice acting which can be hit or miss depending on who the voice director is. Also, I stand by my belief that Treehouse would be our best bet for a faster localization being done because they work for Nintendo directly. Although I wouldn't mind 8-4 coming back.

Not to be a downer but just because FE's anniversary is this month probably doesn't mean very much to Nintendo. Let's look back at Pokemon for instance did we get any kind of Pokemon related news even though we know a game is in development? No. Probably the only kind of anniversary thing we'll get is orbs in FEH. I'd be pleasantly surprised if I were wrong and they decide to show off a trailer.

1 hour ago, YingofDarkness said:

I have a feeling they will push for a worldwide release after what happened with Fates and then Echoes was completely leaked as well. If not the timing is going to be much closer where they will get it a month or two ahead of us.

It is also the internet. I rarely hear anything about the localization from anybody outside of the fandom. Most people won't look up that information before hand and even if they do unless it is a humongous change they don't care. Literally the only thing I ever really hear about localization wise is the voice acting which can be hit or miss depending on who the voice director is. Also, I stand by my belief that Treehouse would be our best bet for a faster localization being done because they work for Nintendo directly. Although I wouldn't mind 8-4 coming back.

Even so, the other issue with the large gap of time between the JP and wolrdwide release of Fates is, while the Fan translation was a patch that requires a legit copy of the JP cart and, thus, wasn't technically piracy, any hacking/jailbreaking is against Nintendo's ToS and results in bricked consoles. 

Plus, Nintendo had so many fans freaked out about Soleil, they released the script of her Corrin supports early.   Nintendo Treeehouse very much knew about the fan translation and the consequences of it's existence. 8-4 handling Echoes was a direct result of the anger attached to Treehouse's job.

As far as localisation is concerned I just want a worldwide release and echoes level voice acting. About the other localisation stuff I want just true translation. That fates Soleil support caused quite the stir, but if we don't learn to accept such things then how will we get FE 4 remake (considering that there are sone controverial things like Arvis and Dierde having children as they are siblings, I think)

Edited by SuperNova125

God.

In my heart, I want another FE Direct, with more Heroes s***, an announcement of FE Warriors 2, #FE 2 (maybe a port of the first game, too, or just a port.), and news about the new FE game, with a side of a new FE remake and the reveal that FE will have more Smash newcomers AND that all of the older Smash FE characters in it (maybe cut Ike.)

f*** off, my heart. You’re just setting me up for disappointment.

Guest Dreamyboi
1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

As far as localisation is concerned I just want a worldwide release and echoes level voice acting. About the other localisation stuff I want just true translation. That fates Soleil support caused quite the stir, but if we don't learn to accept such things then how will we get FE 4 remake (considering that there are sone controverial things like Arvis and Dierde having children as they are siblings, I think)

Incest shouldn't be a problem, remember Fates?

The game that gave you the option to marry your foster siblings who you only JUST found out weren't related to you, your birth siblings except actually not really, an actual cousin, and a few characters that look like kids (poorly justified).

After that I don't think unintentional incest with a cousin would be that controversial, we've literally already done it.

Edited by Dreamyboi

1 hour ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

God.

In my heart, I want another FE Direct, with more Heroes s***, an announcement of FE Warriors 2, #FE 2 (maybe a port of the first game, too, or just a port.), and news about the new FE game, with a side of a new FE remake and the reveal that FE will have more Smash newcomers AND that all of the older Smash FE characters in it (maybe cut Ike.)

f*** off, my heart. You’re just setting me up for disappointment.

Please do not start something.

Anyway, I noticed people speculating we won't get Smash news until E3, but I think it's very possible we could get a Smash-dedicated direct before E3. We have a Smash tournament announced for E3 in the same vein as the Sm4sh tournament on the 11th-12th, and with E3 starting on the 12th, should Smash and Nintendo's E3 be in the same day, I think the amount of information revealed in a mere E3 segment wouldn't be enough content before the tournament, with the 2014 tournament having a fair portion of Sm4sh's final content justifiable enough for a tourney. A mere direct segment also wouldn't do, so I'm guessing we could have a Smash Direct.

Thus, it's not like the content at E3 is a given to be overshadowed by Smash stuff.

Edited by NoirCore

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Anyway, I noticed people speculating we won't get Smash news until E3, but I think it's very possible we could get a Smash-dedicated direct before E3. We have a Smash tournament announced for E3 in the same vein as the Sm4sh tournament on the 11th-12th, and with E3 starting on the 12th, should Smash and Nintendo's E3 be in the same day, I think the amount of information revealed in a mere E3 segment wouldn't be enough content before the tournament, with the 2014 tournament having a fair portion of Sm4sh's final content justifiable enough for a tourney. A mere direct segment also wouldn't do, so I'm guessing we could have a Smash Direct.

Nintendo stated in an interview that the tournaments were "one of many announcements" for what's coming to E3, and that they will have more to announce the next month (interview from march so said month is april) so maybe we will have a direct to prepare for the E3. I don't know if tournament on a game no one saw before has been done before ?

There was also the spyro remake, supposed to be on ps4 and xbox one but that appeared on nintendo's website on switch for a brief moment that made some people think there will be a direct.

2 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

Nintendo stated in an interview that the tournaments were "one of many announcements" for what's coming to E3, and that they will have more to announce the next month (interview from march so said month is april) so maybe we will have a direct to prepare for the E3. I don't know if tournament on a game no one saw before has been done before ?

There was also the spyro remake, supposed to be on ps4 and xbox one but that appeared on nintendo's website on switch for a brief moment that made some people think there will be a direct.

Oh?  In that case, maybe we can expect to hear more new stuff this month, though I still don't think we're going to see FE Switch.

3 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

A lot of it is how it's presented. Arvis and Deidre being tricked into having children despite their blood relation is framed as a tragedy. The relationships between the foster/step siblings is framed as fate working in mysterious ways and that the revolting nature of incest is hinted upon in most of their supports in that they felt shame until the reveal no blood relation was there.

Soleil is written as a coded lesbian and Corrin spikes her drink to make her less attracted to them so she can be more comfortable with a man like him. The conversion therapy and date rape parrallels are there, but it's written like it's supposed to be quirky and funny.

The difference between the potion (roofie parallel) and the blindfold is it gives power to Soleil without changing the storyline. Honestly Soliel is such a weird character to me but her original support was a mistake and the cultural differences on display here are why Treehouse was so hardcore on localization. 

Soleil as a character's been debated to the ground at this point but these aren't one to one in the least bit to controversial subjects, and Soleil has some extra details that raised alarm bells with the current zeitgeist of gaming culture. Wrong place and time.

5 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Tbh, it was a very select few who were even mad about Soliel who probably weren't even FE fans. They only were able to make some weird connection to date rape and take it too seriously in that some random person acted like they were upset for fun, but many took him seriously and acted similarly. Soliel was already going to be controversial for being lesbian but at the same time NOT being a lesbian (something only explained by a weird cultural stererotype/archetype). I guess the writers didn't think of how weird of a character Soliel would be in another culture?

On topic for a second though, I'm hoping 4/20 gets us some info, but it wouldn't be weird for it to be like a late April Fools and get nothing. 

4 hours ago, NoirCore said:

That guy is a huge GameFAQs troll, it's best to just put him on ignore.

Anyway I am back to really doubting that there will be another Direct before E3. FEH channel pretty much deconfirms an FE specific Direct and anything else they have lined up would probably best be saved for E3. Smash will obviously be their focus for this year and there's pretty much only Dark Souls, Crash, and Hyrule Warriors between now and then.

11 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Anyway I am back to really doubting that there will be another Direct before E3. FEH channel pretty much deconfirms an FE specific Direct and anything else they have lined up would probably best be saved for E3. Smash will obviously be their focus for this year and there's pretty much only Dark Souls, Crash, and Hyrule Warriors between now and then.

I’m not a troll, though, lad.

5 hours ago, Book Bro said:

FEH is so disconnected from the main series that there is no good reason for them to show off anything in a direct, the only time FEH was in a direct was the fe direct and that was before it launched, I doubt that an FE direct will happen as well, but tomorrow's FEH channel doesn't add or subtract anything from that.

10 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Soleil is written as a coded lesbian and Corrin spikes her drink to make her less attracted to them so she can be more comfortable with a man like him. The conversion therapy and date rape parrallels are there, but it's written like it's supposed to be quirky and funny.

He didn't do it so she'd more attracted to him. He did it because her attraction to women was actually affecting her combat performance so that she was literally fainting in battle. It also made it so that all the men in the army looked like women to her. It was still dumb of him to spike her drink with it, but it's not "gay conversion therapy." He was just trying to help her get more used to being around cute girls so she'd stop fainting, which isn't the same as making her less attracted to them.

Edited by Troublesome Knight

16 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I definitely want a worldwide release. As a European it happened far to often that I had to wait for months for a game that was already out and localised in the states. Its not fun.

But I think there's a noticeable difference between Soleil and the stuff that happens in FE4. Its supposed to be off putting and creepy when Arvis marries his brainwashed sister and the bad results are a consequence of that marriage being just plain wrong. Corrin spiking Soleil's drink on the other hand was treated as a normal thing that's just what friends do for each other. 

The other difference is that FE4 was telling a story while everything Japanese Soleil does falls under ''Haha! Look at this wacky fake Lesbian and laugh!'' 

Considering the concept of a girl only being able to be attracted to other girls as a funny phase she's supposed to grow out of when she finds a real man is so offensive and alien in the west I don't think Soleil would have worked in her original form. For all their mistakes I feel Treehouse should actually be given credit for doing all they could to make Soleil into a functional character despite what they had to work with. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Considering the concept of a girl only being able to be attracted to other girls as a funny phase she's supposed to grow out of when she finds a real man is so offensive and alien in the west I don't think Soleil would have worked in her original form.

That's actually not what her stereotype is though. Though I understand why you would misunderstand it as such. It's a really weird one that I understand why is not very prevalent in modern anime and such today. Gaijinhunter did a pretty vid about it. Also, while I am fine with the character change, I dislike the drug change somewhat just because it gave into the complaints of a small minority of people who don't even play the game. And I've seen how those people work in that if you give them an inch, they want a mile next. 

44 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

That's actually not what her stereotype is though. Though I understand why you would misunderstand it as such. It's a really weird one that I understand why is not very prevalent in modern anime and such today. Gaijinhunter did a pretty vid about it. Also, while I am fine with the character change, I dislike the drug change somewhat just because it gave into the complaints of a small minority of people who don't even play the game. And I've seen how those people work in that if you give them an inch, they want a mile next. 

The way I read up about it Soleil is supposed to be based on a phase in a Japanese girl's life where they get ''romantic'' feelings towards other girls which they then drop when its time to get serious about relationships.