FE16 "leaks"

There's something I just thought about after seeing changes to Heroes. I normally don't care about it, but as I am desperate, I decided to watch the FEH Channel, then lurked on what people thought about it and something was really interesting to me. That is the addition of red, green and blue bows. 

Now I don't know about you all but from the games I've played, I cannot think of how that would fit in, except for one instance; Fates' weapon triangle, where Bows are in the same corner as axes, therefore "Green". 

What I'm thinking is, what if FE16 had an actual bow triangle (Crossbow/Longbow?), and Heroes is simply preparing for it? It does specifically say that these were added for future content, or something along these lines..

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, JustLah said:

There's something I just thought about after seeing changes to Heroes. I normally don't care about it, but as I am desperate, I decided to watch the FEH Channel, then lurked on what people thought about it and something was really interesting to me. That is the addition of red, green and blue bows. 

Now I don't know about you all but from the games I've played, I cannot think of how that would fit in, except for one instance; Fates' weapon triangle, where Bows are in the same corner as axes, therefore "Green". 

What I'm thinking is, what if FE16 had an actual bow triangle (Crossbow/Longbow?), and Heroes is simply preparing for it? It does specifically say that these were added for future content, or something along these lines..

Probably not. Heroes is probably doing it for either summoning pool reasons, wanting to colors access to physical range combat or "just cause"

Daggerbreaker has language that implies colored daggers will come too

12 hours ago, JustLah said:

I doubt that a bow triangle will be in FE16 same for stones no reason to especially since most likely what they planned to put in the game was already done early before. That's probably something Heroes wants to experiment with for that games gameplay.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

18 hours ago, Dreamyboi said:

"Isekai (Japanese: 異世界) ( lit. "different world") is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy light novels, manga, anime, and video games revolving around a normal person being transported to or trapped in a parallel universe." -Wikipedia-kun

Oh wow, I used to be really into that trope, lol. Didn't know it had a name, but Lordy, this doesn't belong in FE at all. Fates was already tropey as heck.

I guess if they wanted something of this ilk, a lowly peasant could be swept up into the fight. Maybe a Donnel/Mozu archetype as our avatar? (less, overpowered, perhaps.)

.... I liked Forrest. I know the "trap" archetype freaks people out, but I quite enjoyed both him both as a character and as a unit.

I never saw much anger around Forrest except the confusion that he wasn't trans or gay and was just really, really into feminine things (because apparently people don't know the difference?). I saw more take issue with Leo's initial attitude towards him. 

Libra's much better though.

Edited by Altrosa

28 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Oh wow, I used to be really into that trope, lol. Didn't know it had a name, but Lordy, this doesn't belong in FE at all. Fates was already tropey as heck.

I guess if they wanted something of this ilk, a lowly peasant could be swept up into the fight. Maybe a Donnel/Mozu archetype as our avatar? (less, overpowered, perhaps.)

.... I liked Forrest. I know the "trap" archetype freaks people out, but I quite enjoyed both him both as a character and as a unit.

I never saw much anger around Forrest except the confusion that he wasn't trans or gay and was just really, really into feminine things (because apparently people don't know the difference?). I saw more take issue with Leo's initial attitude towards him. 

Libra's much better though.

I dunno. I thought Forrest was pretty cool, and he was handled a lot better than the other... Uh, non-hetero characters of Fates(I know Forrest isn't gay or transexual or anything, just that he enjoys womens' clothing). He came off as having a lot of character and his supports with Leo always made it seem like it positioned Forrest in the right, and Leo in the wrong, which was nice. 

Libra, meanwhile, always came off as the most milquetoast and boring of the "Dude looks like a lady" characters. Can't say I recall a single thing about him that was interesting beyond him being very devoted to Emmeryn and House Ylisse, which was a character detail that lost its kick when, you know, Emmeryn became a non-entity. 

Edited by Slumber

11 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Libra, meanwhile, always came off as the most milquetoast and boring of the "Dude looks like a lady" characters. 

I have some bias since Libra was my husband when I first beat Awakening. The fact he's "beautiful" was a secondary trait, really only being a joke, while it's Forrest's main schtick. If we're talking milquetoast, I'd say ... who was the green knight? I literally forgot his name. Wow.

EDIT: STAHL 

Edited by Altrosa

10 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Libra, meanwhile, always came off as the most milquetoast and boring of the "Dude looks like a lady" characters. 

I can't speak of Forrest (the biggest criticism I think with him is Heirs of Fate hitting Kana), or Izana, but I'll agree Libra was lacking. His appearance was supposed to be feminine, but it really wasn't that much at all and he didn't have that amazing a personality. Not bad, but not great, just middle of the road decent.

Reyson was definitely the best, he was just so well written and much much more than a pretty face.

Lucius nailed the visuals with those curvy hips, and he was a decent character.

Rafiel lacked supports, but he did fairly well in spite of it in RD.

Just now, Altrosa said:

If we're talking milquetoast, I'd say ... who was the green knight? I literally forgot his name. Wow.

Midir has the issue of being pre-FE6, no supports, limited characterization.

Roshea is the same, if you count him.

I think Artur was supposed to count too, but visually he failed.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lucius nailed the visuals with those curvy hips, and he was a decent character

For the longest time, I had no idea Lucius was a dude. Then I did his supports with Raven and my child self was confused at two things. 1: How can someone so pretty not be a dude? 2: Does this mean I was doing a gay ship and never realized it?

1 minute ago, familyplayer said:

For the longest time, I had no idea Lucius was a dude. Then I did his supports with Raven and my child self was confused at two things. 1: How can someone so pretty not be a dude? 2: Does this mean I was doing a gay ship and never realized it?

It isn't gay if you believed one of them to be a woman- provided you changed your mind and acknowledged Lucius as a male later. And nothing wrong with a gay ship.

Lucius actually had a child with Raven, and Canas.

Spoiler

ruthea.png+leyvan.png +

canas.png

=

Spoiler

s_etzel.jpg

Hips, monocle, and red hair all rolled up in one.

Guest Dreamyboi
39 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I dunno. I thought Forrest was pretty cool, and he was handled a lot better than the other... Uh, non-hetero characters of Fates(I know Forrest isn't gay or transexual or anything, just that he enjoys womens' clothing). He came off as having a lot of character and his supports with Leo always made it seem like it positioned Forrest in the right, and Leo in the wrong, which was nice. 

Libra, meanwhile, always came off as the most milquetoast and boring of the "Dude looks like a lady" characters. Can't say I recall a single thing about him that was interesting beyond him being very devoted to Emmeryn and House Ylisse, which was a character detail that lost its kick when, you know, Emmeryn became a non-entity. 

I feel almost bad for missing out on him. It's been ages since I sold Fates and there's so much with the game I just never got to see because it's presentation was so....well let's not even go there.

1 hour ago, Dreamyboi said:

I feel almost bad for missing out on him. It's been ages since I sold Fates and there's so much with the game I just never got to see because it's presentation was so....well let's not even go there.

Him and Charlotte are two examples of me going "Wow, how the hell is IS gonna write about this?" where I was pleasantly surprised. Granted, Charlotte is mostly because she's the sole case of self-aware fanservice of the Fateswakening era and not so much because "OH WOW, CHARLOTTE IS SO COOL", whereas Forrest I thought was a bit more interesting. 

"Yeah, I'm a dude and I'm beautiful, I like wearing womens' clothing and I like chicks. DEAL WITH IT."

Was at least somewhat a breath of fresh air. He wasn't demure, and he wasn't super overtly feminine despite looking like it, and he chews out his dad for being ashamed of him. He was clearly just a guy who just liked dressing up like a woman, and the game put him in a position where he could do that and be the one saying "And that's okay.". For as progressive as Fates tried to be, Forrest was the only one where it felt like they got close or hit the mark. 

It might just be that I'm amazed that they tried to say something and actually kind of succeeded with Fates, but yeah. Forrest is cool in my book. 

Can't speak on his Heirs of Fate portrayal, because I never bothered with it. It felt like a half-assed attempt to recreate alternate future DLC from Awakening that was actually interesting. 

Edited by Slumber

Guest Dreamyboi
14 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Him and Charlotte are two examples of me going "Wow, how the hell is IS gonna write about this?" where I was pleasantly surprised. Granted, Charlotte is mostly because she's the sole case of self-aware fanservice of the Fateswakening era and not so much because "OH WOW, CHARLOTTE IS SO COOL", whereas Forrest I thought was a bit more interesting. 

"Yeah, I'm a dude and I'm beautiful, I like wearing womens' clothing and I like chicks. DEAL WITH IT."

Was at least somewhat a breath of fresh air. He wasn't demure, and he wasn't super overtly feminine despite looking like it, and he chews out his dad for being ashamed of him. He was clearly just a guy who just liked dressing up like a woman, and the game put him in a position where he could do that and be the one saying "And that's okay.". For as progressive as Fates tried to be, Forrest was the only one where it felt like they got close or hit the mark. 

It might just be that I'm amazed that they tried to say something and actually kind of succeeded with Fates, but yeah. Forrest is cool in my book. 

Can't speak on his Heirs of Fate portrayal, because I never bothered with it. It felt like a half-assed attempt to recreate alternate future DLC from Awakening that was actually interesting. 

It definitely showed that they COULD written some good stuff for Fates, for some reason though it seems like they mostly dropped the ball and when you see characters like Nyx, Forrest, Takumi, etc. it makes you wonder just what the hell happened and there's a part of me that still can't get over it. I guess that's part of the reason why I stopped playing it.

Well that AND the fucking infuriating use of DLC. Not only do you need to pay extra for the golden ending third path that undermines the big choice that was the selling point of the damn game in the first place (as if it wasn't already undermined by your choice being predetermined by your physical copy purchase) but you also need to pay for DLC in order to squeeze some depth out of the main antagonist who only gets attention halfway through the third of three paths and they turn out to be a giant cop out who drove the story via another cop out, not to mention the Heirs of Fate DLC that focusses on characters you won't give a rat's ass about unless you got them via support grinding in the campaign and good fucking luck training them in Conquest without abusing the exp DLC map. Most expensive chain of disappointment I've experienced.

2 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

and good fucking luck training them in Conquest without abusing the exp DLC map

They autolevel. I actually use them as lategame prepromoted filler for this reason. Although some for sanity's sake: Shiro, Ignatius, and to a lesser extent Forrest and Sophie, are best done early. And Percy and Ophelia have such great goodies you might want to get them ASAP.

4 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Well that AND the fucking infuriating use of DLC.

And no super hard challenge battles either. Makes breeding and grinding a little less meaningful since you have nothing really to use it on.

Guest Dreamyboi
3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They autolevel. I actually use them as lategame prepromoted filler for this reason. Although some for sanity's sake: Shiro, Ignatius, and to a lesser extent Forrest and Sophie, are best done early. And Percy and Ophelia have such great goodies you might want to get them ASAP.

Somehow I forgot about that. 

It really HAS been ages since I've played it, wow

Edited by Dreamyboi

1 hour ago, Dreamyboi said:

I've officially given up on the April 20th date :/

Why?

Directs aren’t announced until just before the date.

Id wait until 18 to give up hope of something for it before e3, and I don’t think it has to be big either just a little tease, we also have the finance report at the end of the month to see if it is even still happening this year

36 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Wouldn't it be just hilarious if E3 came and went and we still got nothing? That'd be a fucking riot.

I think that'd be when the lack of info would actually become concerning. I've wanted to hear more of the game since January, but I never became worried when a direct happened and we got nothing. If E3 comes and goes with no news while still claiming 2018, then I'll be concerned.

1 hour ago, Chconroy said:

I think that'd be when the lack of info would actually become concerning. I've wanted to hear more of the game since January, but I never became worried when a direct happened and we got nothing. If E3 comes and goes with no news while still claiming 2018, then I'll be concerned.

I agree with everything, that's when I'm going in suspicion mode hope it won't go to that.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

There was an interview a few days ago where someone important said the switch had a very important lineup, and considering there is no major switch game comming excepted Smash, I'm pretty sure there will be many games announced at E3, and Fire Emblem is very likely to be one of them.

Edited by FuranSuwa

14 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

There was an interview a few days ago where someone important said the switch had a very important lineup, and considering there is no major switch game comming excepted Smash, I'm pretty sure there will be many games announced at E3, and Fire Emblem is very likely to be one of them.

I hope so.  I'm not sure how well I can take two more months of waiting.

1 hour ago, FuranSuwa said:

Oh I'm definitely sure FE Switch is show In E3. I just hope they'll have enough info to suffice which I'm sure E3 and some Famitsu scans will do.