FE16 "leaks"

Guest Dreamyboi

I'm just hoping this silence isn't because of dev team conflict again, more "Team A vs Team B" nonsense is the last thing we need.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

I'm just hoping this silence isn't because of dev team conflict again, more "Team A vs Team B" nonsense is the last thing we need.

The silence makes me hopeful that they're taking the time to make something that will impress us.

27 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

I sorta hope the Silence is because they are debating on not including a Dragon Loli in this game. Jokes aside I'm sure we will here from them soon enough, in FE's defence a few Strategy games are lined up so they gotta be careful when they drop the information bomb.

30 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

I doubt it. If a Team A vs Team B conflict had happened it would have been resolved by now since the game is going to be released this year at least for Japan. They should be in the final parts of bug testing and such at this point for the Japanese release. As well as any last minute localization touches if it does release worldwide or a month or two behind.

I doubt it. If a Team A vs Team B conflict had happened it would have been resolved by now since the game is going to be released this year at least for Japan. They should be in the final parts of bug testing and such at this point for the Japanese release. As well as any last minute localization touches if it does release worldwide or a month or two behind.

You know what would be funny if they having a Team A vs Team B Conflict? Having them sort it out in some kind of video game match, be a Strategy game, or a FPS team game like Battlefield. Winner gets to break the deadlock.

Guest Dreamyboi

Welp, for the sake of keeping this near dead thread going. What do you guys think they meant by "breath life into characters like never before"?

insert predictable "lul it means jiggle physics and HD rumble" joke here

1 minute ago, Dreamyboi said:

Welp, for the sake of keeping this near dead thread going. What do you guys think they meant by "breath life into characters like never before"?

Updated graphics and better models are a given, but I think we call also expect more voice acting (if not full voice acting). Presentation aside we might get base conversations and more story involvement for most of the cast (if only as side stories) to flesh them out more. That could be another way of "breathing" more life into the characters, but that is more a wish to be honest.

21 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

You know what would be funny if they having a Team A vs Team B Conflict? Having them sort it out in some kind of video game match, be a Strategy game, or a FPS team game like Battlefield. Winner gets to break the deadlock.

I would watch that

2 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Trauma Emblem: Under the Sword. Enjoy endoscopy with Sakura, orthopedics with Basilio, diagnostics with Galzus, first response with Fiona, forensic science with Ninian, and general surgery with Julius.

...I cannot wait for the day when all these pure speculation topics are flushed away with ones about FE16 itself.

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Updated graphics and better models are a given, but I think we call also expect more voice acting (if not full voice acting). Presentation aside we might get base conversations and more story involvement for most of the cast (if only as side stories) to flesh them out more. That could be another way of "breathing" more life into the characters, but that is more a wish to be honest.

I would love to see Base Conversations again, they gave Jill so much character development in PoR, and built up Tellius too.

The side stories idea was explored in Berwick Saga. Four characters: Faye the Myrmidon (with not-Astra), Kramer the young Mercenary, Sylvis the Sniper, and Ruby the Cavalier all got EX chapters unlocked by meeting certain conditions with them, the game is still being translated, but it sounds like it was a good idea.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TThe side stories idea was explored in Berwick Saga. Four characters: Faye the Myrmidon (with not-Astra), Kramer the young Mercenary, Sylvis the Sniper, and Ruby the Cavalier all got EX chapters unlocked by meeting certain conditions with them, the game is still being translated, but it sounds like it was a good idea.

I was thinking of just having it as paralouges aside of main story missions that open up as you go through the story, or playable memory fragments though. I really don't like it when character information gets locked based on not knowing I was supposed to do something making a guide necessary at some points...

Trauma Emblem: Under the Sword. Enjoy endoscopy with Sakura, orthopedics with Basilio, diagnostics with Galzus, first response with Fiona, forensic science with Ninian, and general surgery with Julius.

...I cannot wait for the day when all these pure speculation topics are flushed away with ones about FE16 itself.

Also available is Murder She Emblem'd, Featuring Linde, a Mage of incredible talent and reader and creator of tomes, who goes around solving mysteries of how people die in the Fire Emblem Universe, including getting to the bottom of the murder of Marth's Father.

22 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

It could easily be interpreted as a purely graphics thing, but a small part of me is hopeful that it means they're going to put more effort into making good characters or create some new mechanic to help flesh them out.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It could easily be interpreted as a purely graphics thing, but a small part of me is hopeful that it means they're going to put more effort into making good characters or create some new mechanic to help flesh them out.

I wonder if they mean graphics on par with Warriors? even the sprite form of the characters "teems with life"

2 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I was thinking of just having it as paralouges aside of main story missions that open up as you go through the story, or playable memory fragments though. I really don't like it when character information gets locked based on not knowing I was supposed to do something making a guide necessary at some points...

The unlock requirements don't appear that difficult. And you're free to do them whenever until Chapter 13- the third to last mandatory chapter.

Just build up the relevant character's Happiness and their level. And in addition: a view an event in the city you reside in between battles for that character, keep someone important to them alive as well, and in the case of Kramer, talk to him with the main character once in his joining chapter. These aren't hard things and if you like and use the character, you should get them no problem. Nothing really obscure.

1 minute ago, MyBoyHector said:

I wonder if they mean graphics on par with Warriors? even the sprite form of the characters "teems with life"

I dunno.  I actually don't like Warriors's graphics very much.  The characters look very plastic to me.

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I dunno.  I actually don't like Warriors's graphics very much.  The characters look very plastic to me.

Well considering its a dynasty warrior type game, I'm sure they were limited, but if you go back to a standard FE strategy game, Im sure they can pull off even better graphics.

This is an example of the sprite version from warriors, very lively.

Linde Warriors Sprite

1 minute ago, MyBoyHector said:

Well considering its a dynasty warrior type game, I'm sure they were limited, but if you go back to a standard FE strategy game, Im sure they can pull off even better graphics.

Linde Warriors Sprite

The GIF's frames are lagging behind, but I think I get what you mean.

I doubt FE Switch will have to have as much crap onscreen at a given time as a Warriors game, so I do have higher expectations for that game's character models.

Alternatively, I don't think I would mind them experimenting with more unconventional artstyles, if they're looking for other ways to make the game look "beautiful".

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would love to see Base Conversations again, they gave Jill so much character development in PoR, and built up Tellius too.

The base conversations focusing on Jill (and other story scenes) make me really sad that I didn't end up using her beyond to recruit Haar in PoR. I'll need to fix that when I do a second playthrough.

6 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The GIF's frames are lagging behind, but I think I get what you mean.

I doubt FE Switch will have to have as much crap onscreen at a given time as a Warriors game, so I do have higher expectations for that game's character models.

Alternatively, I don't think I would mind them experimenting with more unconventional artstyles, if they're looking for other ways to make the game look "beautiful".

Like say more Anime design, or like Heroes art for example? Suppose you could even go a little old school and go Pencil sketch style.

15 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

Linde Warriors Sprite

That is by far the most static sprite I have ever seen in a fire emblem game.

Just now, MyBoyHector said:

Like say more Anime design, or like Heroes art for example? Suppose you could even go a little old school and go Pencil sketch style.

...Actually, I was thinking more of a Wind Waker or Breath of the Wild look.

I'm not sure really.  I'm not really the kind of person who's impressed by high-end graphical capabilities.  But I notice I tend to be more receptive to a game's artstyle than I am to pure graphical resolution.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...Actually, I was thinking more of a Wind Waker or Breath of the Wild look.

I'm not sure really.  I'm not really the kind of person who's impressed by high-end graphical capabilities.  But I notice I tend to be more receptive to a game's artstyle than I am to pure graphical resolution.

I know what you mean, even though its old, I still like a lot of games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Advance Wars and the Older harvest moon games.

1 hour ago, Dreamyboi said:

I mean their obviously gonna be more character interactions beyond supports so a similar mode to skinship and other things isn't too farfetched.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I think "Fire Emblem Switch will for sure be announced at [upcoming presentation]" is gonna be this year's Increasingly Nervous Man meme.

As far as graphics... There's some debate whether they'll use classic sprites or Tellius style 3D models on the actual maps. Personally, I'm hoping for 3D models. RD already looked good, to me anyway, and now with better hardware and a bigger budget I'm sure they could make some nice looking battles. I love the classic sprites as much as anyone, but I feel like it would be more impressive seeing everything in 3D. For the actual battle models (presumably also for cutscenes), I hope they aren't like Warriors. I agree that the models in that game look too plastic, there's something off there. Something like Xenoblade 2's style would work, graphically speaking of course... NOT design wise.

1 hour ago, Dreamyboi said:

actually, with the mention of jiggle physics it does make me wonder how they will play out, warriors used them very liberally on characters who you wouldn't think they would do them on (linde, probably lucina, but she is so flat that you can't tell), corse that  could just be a koei tecmo thing, but they are distracting and I do wonder if they will just be used on any female character who isn't in plate armor (then again, life always finds a way, it'll be just like camilla's armor, skip boob plate just move straight on to completely exposed bra). 

here's hoping for a sumo with advanced jiggle physics jumping around like a ninja.

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

actually, with the mention of jiggle physics it does make me wonder how they will play out, warriors used them very liberally on characters who you wouldn't think they would do them on (linde, probably lucina, but she is so flat that you can't tell), corse that  could just be a koei tecmo thing, but they are distracting and I do wonder if they will just be used on any female character who isn't in plate armor (then again, life always finds a way, it'll be just like camilla's armor, skip boob plate just move straight on to completely exposed bra). 

here's hoping for a sumo with advanced jiggle physics jumping around like a ninja.

One hopes they cut back the fan service by a percentage and put it into more character story/depth by the same percentage.