FE16 "leaks"

On 4/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, SuperNova125 said:

I don't know why but I have been concerned about the switch's library in general not just FE 16. Last year was glorious to say the least, the switch selling like cupcakes and having a major release every month. This year is different however, since january there have been few major titles other than kirby, I don't recall anything else now. Even thought games will come such as smash, octopath, spatoon dlc and FE 16 and some games that we are unsure of such as pokemon and metroid (which I doubt will come out this year). Sony on the other hand has a possible GOTY and a many exclusives. I am not dissapointed or anything but I wonder what they will do to give all games equal chances and not get them overshadowed by other games.

I won't deny January to now has been slow, but the switch library is surely getting bigger, they'll probably announce bigger titles after e3 besides some of the ones you mentioned. Also Valkyria Chronicles 4 while not a switch exclusive is coming on the switch as well and possibly even the original one due to japan getting it on eshop later this year.

Sony does have many exclusives (for me it'd be the god eater series primarily) and this may be personal, but honestly while they do have those exclusives most just don't appeal to me. I'm guessing you're referring to god of war 4 for GOTY? Not my type of game and while I won't deny it may very well be GOTY, the year isn't over yet.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mistik said:

So... It seems that Fire Emblem Switch is still alive and planned for this year !

Source : http://www.noelshack.com/2018-17-4-1524728829-dbstd8mwsaexf5x-jpg-large.jpg

Not only that, they might be organized by release date, they clearly aren't listed neither alphabetically nor by announcement date, so it could come out before smash and yoshi, september maybe?

4 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Not only that, they might be organized by release date, they clearly aren't listed neither alphabetically nor by announcement date, so it could come out before smash and yoshi, september maybe?

Yeah that likely could be the case since moneys bet is Smash is their "holiday" title and good enough time spent.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Sometime August or early Fall is my guess. I'm guessing we'll have a teaser in May or something and more will be revealed at E3

Edited by silveraura25

Mmm… personally I think Nintendo will launch Smash 5 with the Switch's online service in September. It's the only reason I can think of to justify its curiously obscene delay: Capitalize on Smash's system selling popularity to push credit card subscriptions.

With that said, and assuming that the four "2018" titles are listed in chronological order (Which is seemingly a safe assumption since they're not listed in alphabetical order), I think it's we can assume that Fire Emblem Switch will be released somewhere between Late July and August. with Yoshi being an August/Early September title. (I won't hazard a guess with World Ends since it's a Square title and thus subject to other than Nintendo's whims)

Well, at least it's a bit of comfort to know we can still expect it this year.

So I figure Fire Emblem Switch will be released in September, Yoshi Switch will come out in October, and finally Super Smash Bros. Switch will come out in November as Nintendo's big holiday title.

Pokémon Gen 8 will probably end up in early 2019 or so.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, at least it's a bit of comfort to know we can still expect it this year.

So I figure Fire Emblem Switch will be released in September, Yoshi Switch will come out in October, and finally Super Smash Bros. Switch will come out in November as Nintendo's big holiday title.

Pokémon Gen 8 will probably end up in early 2019 or so.

Nah, most people believe Smash will be the September title, to coincide with the release of their paid online service. It makes perfect sense.

I think FE will be the November title, and as Pokemon is still slated for '2018 or later', it could be December.

23 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Nah, most people believe Smash will be the September title, to coincide with the release of their paid online service. It makes perfect sense.

Which is precisely why it's not going to happen

It's great to see IS is on-track. I still hold the fact that the mysterious Cipher S14 is set for a September release to be highly indicative of something; it would be very odd to try to market those cards without establishing a fanbase for the characters first.  So perhaps we'll see that August/September release, after all.

You may think that a June reveal for a late summer/early autumn release seems improbably short. But IS has been on a trend of shortening the time between reveal and release; there had to have been a reason for why they chose to say nary a word about SoV until February, when the game itself was available by April! Now, I'm no marketing major, so maybe I'm talking out of hat here... but this maneuver seems to make business sense. To maximize the number of new buyers (i.e. not the established fanbase), it makes sense to try to cash in on the hype that is generated soon after a game's reveal.

With the prospect of a global release on the horizon, or at least, a very short timeframe to overseas launch - perhaps only 1-3 months of a delay, at most - the timing of FE16's release date(s) can only be so flexible. It takes time to manufacture and ship goods, after all.

So perhaps their line of thinking is, "We want the delay between reveal and release to be as short as possible. But if we can't move the release date any closer, then instead, we'll push the reveal date further away"?

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic. But even now, I get the feeling that IS has already passed FE16 over to the localizers, and is already in the process of starting on FE17. The investor report's near-confirmation of a 2018 release seems to quell the suspicions that IS is/was suffering development issues bad enough to cause a delay, which makes this decision to wait until almost halfway through 2018 before revealing the game seem intentional. 

The game is probably going to come out October to December. I don't think Nintendo will give us a release date come E3 instead we will get a generic "coming Fall/Winter 2018" because they might save it as the big holiday title in case they can't finish Pokemon in time. That "2018 or later" for them is worrisome, and hints that it is meant to be the holiday title, but isn't, at this time, close to being finished yet. The only other big game they can put on there is Smash, and that might be a late August/early September title to coincide with the launch of their online service.

Edited by YingofDarkness
wanted to add something

4 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

The game is probably going to come out October to December. I don't think Nintendo will give us a release date come E3 instead we will get a generic "coming Fall/Winter 2018" because they might save it as the big holiday title in case they can't finish Pokemon in time. That "2018 or later" for them is worrisome, and hints that it is meant to be the holiday title, but isn't, at this time, close to being finished yet. The only other big game they can put on there is Smash, and that might be a late August/early September title to coincide with the launch of their online service.

I don't know.....I feel we're getting a date and it'll be sooner than people expect minimum being October.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I don't know.....I feel we're getting a date and it'll be sooner than people expect minimum being October.

I think my problem with it being earlier is that Smash has a pretty good chance of coming out in September or late August. So that automatically moves FE to the latter part of the year in my mind, and I can see FE being the XC2 of this year and releasing during the holidays. Plus if it was coming August or September I feel we would have gotten some news by now. Even Fates and Echoes had a couple months of buffer before releasing so unless we start getting news in May I don't really see it happening. I would be very happy if it releases earlier though!

Just a PSA Nintendo has their official E3 2018 schedule up now and their presentation for Nintendo Switch titles for 2018 at 9 a.m. June 12 so yes please be patient

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-e3-2018-video-presentation-for-june-12-treehouse-live-to-return/

5 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Just a PSA Nintendo has their official E3 2018 schedule up now and their presentation for Nintendo Switch titles for 2018 at 9 a.m. June 12 so yes please be patient

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-e3-2018-video-presentation-for-june-12-treehouse-live-to-return/

Ninja'd Lyn XD And yes... May is gonna be a stretch now, but at least we have a date. 

13 hours ago, kiaxxl said:

Ninja'd Lyn XD And yes... May is gonna be a stretch now, but at least we have a date. 

That's funny same info typing lol 

Yeah at this point only 47 more days to go!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

10 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

More than a month away, but hey, at least we could be promised something.

i have a question, are there any new Fire Emblem chars in the new smash bros game? i mean new chars from the future fe16. because of the smash bros thing i thnik we getting something before e3 starts.

I really hope that fe 16 have really crazy characters in it......3 or 4 is enough^^