FE16 "leaks"

so the cipher emblem starts 26th this may? on a saturday? why do many think its about fe16 because we have no infos about it, no characters, who is awesome and who is bad^^.

and if e3 delivers no info about fe16 then  im speechless :0 if thats happend than i really have no clue and pin me31th dec on my calendar and close that book.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Altrosa said:

I'm playing Ultra Moon. And Splatoon. 

Also, an unfortunate bit of credit towards the shop front leaks, Bethesda's Rage 2 has officially been leaked early by Walmart's online store. FE16 being missing in action while at least two new games have been leaked that way concerns me.

you'll note the leak lacked like any switch games beyond Smash & Metroid. Fire Emblem not being there means nothing beyond the person putting together the placeholders that went live probably didn't have Nintendo's games to put into the system.

2 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I disagree, fire has no particular naming convention to it, genealogy of the holy war is an incredibly literal name as is thracia 776 (takes place in thracia in the year 776) when compared to Gaiden or Awakening or Fates or the video game subtitle sin that is Revelation, names also are not required to be clearly apparent in what they represent as is the case for path of radiance and radiant dawn, or it could be more of a folktale styled name such as shadow dragon and the blade of light, we even have a generic sequel title in the form of mystery of the emblem.

So what I am trying to say is that lustrous daybreak has plenty of reasons for you to believe that it is fake but the name not fitting in with every other entry is not one of them, it falls in nicely with tellius naming conventions (it is just a synonym radiant dawn).

The fact it is literally a 1:1 for synonym for Radiant Dawn should be a pretty big tell that, no, it's not real.

3 hours ago, senior firehood said:

so the cipher emblem starts 26th this may? on a saturday? why do many think its about fe16 because we have no infos about it, no characters

The livestream will mostly be about series 13 (Blazing Sword, Shadow Dragon and Heroes) with a possible chance of them showing the next series set at the end because they've been secret about the next set which is series 14 since the first tease only with the name "Mugen/Infinity" which is leading many to believe that's the possible next new theme for FE16 as well as a possible release window since the new game cipher cards usually comes around with the new game to promote each other.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 hours ago, senior firehood said:

so the cipher emblem starts 26th this may? on a saturday? why do many think its about fe16 because we have no infos about it, no characters, who is awesome and who is bad^^.

and if e3 delivers no info about fe16 then  im speechless :0 if thats happend than i really have no clue and pin me31th dec on my calendar and close that book.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the May livestream will be about FE16. In fact, I'm 99% certain that it won't be. The livestreams are always primarily about the next release, which in this case is Series 13. This upcoming May livestream likely won't mention S14/FE16, either; but they might drop us another vague hint or two.

However, please note that the only other time Cipher livestreams have been so opaque about future sets has been for the first Shadows of Valentia set - which was funny, because nearly everyone who followed Cipher knew it was going to feature Alm and Celica, meaning the opacity wasn't at all necessary. But now, they're doing the same thing again... but this time, the fanbase really doesn't have a clue about who or what S14 is going to be about. Hence why everyone believes S14 is going to be "the" FE16 set.   

Now, it's one thing if they refuse to tell us anything about S14 at either of the S13 livestreams. But it's a totally different thing to try to avoid telling us about S14, at S14's own livestreams!

Unlike other Trading Card Games, Cipher only has one card type, the unit cards. So hence, if S14 has FE16 as a focus, then there's literally no way for them to hold livestreams for S14 without revealing characters from FE16.

And, as I've been saying... it would be super lame if, of all the possible places - Smash, Heroes, an E3 reveal trailer - IS chooses to reveal FE16 characters through a Cipher livestream. Anywhere else, and at least the characters would be voiced.     

Anyway, let me rant to you a bit about Cipher. 

Cipher has 8 colour types: red, blue, purple, green, yellow, white, black, and colourless. Each colour is themed around a different set of games/continents:

• Red: Archanea and Valentia
  • Blue: Ylisse
  • Purple: Elibe and Magvel
  • Green: Tellius
  • Yellow: Jugdral
  • White: Hoshido
  • Black: Nohr
  • Colourless: crossover media, which right now means Aytolis and Zenith (Warriors and Heroes)

You may be wondering why I'm talking about this. Well, each Cipher set tends to release cards for multiple colours at a time. Earlier sets only had 2, but, with the addition of more colours, more recent sets tend to be split 3 ways, and even up to 4. But if your main deck doesn't use any of those colours, that means that there won't be anything to interest you. Hence, the colours tend to take turns, and the livestreams tend to reveal both the next set and the one after. That way, even if you aren't interested in the current set, you'll tune in to the livestreams anyway, just to get that tidbit of news regarding the next set, or the set after that.

S12 was primarily Green, with Blue and Yellow as secondary colours.

S13 is going to be primarily Purple, with Red and Colourless as secondary colours.

This leaves only White and Black.I think it's quite likely that S14 is going to use these two as its secondary colours. But what about the main colour?

The smallest casts in the franchise are from Shadows of Valentia and Sacred Stones. When these games were introduced into Cipher, they were fitted into an existing colour: Red for SoV, which makes sense given that it takes place concurrent to Marth's games; and Purple for Magvel, rounding out all the GBA games into a single colour.

But each time a continent with a large cast was brought in, it came with its own colour. So, unless FE16's cast is small, it's probably going to get its own colour. 

Why am I bringing this up? Well, when a person goes to buy Cipher cards, there are 3 primary reasons behind their purchase:

1. To strengthen their deck
  2. Because they're a fan of the game(s) featured and want to collect relevant merch
  3. They're hardcore collectors

Now, a new colour isn't going to have the depth in card variety that older, better-established colours will have, which weakens motive no. 1. And unless FE16 comes out before S14, S14 won't have motive no. 2, either.

Connect these with the fact that, again, it's kind of hard to see the first reveal of FE16 characters being done through a TCG livestream, and you can see why I think FE16 could be here as early as late summer/early fall. 

Of course, they could reveal FE16's cast in a trailer/other promotional event this summer, such as at E3, and then use S14 as a vehicle to continue the hype train for a late fall/early winter release. But, if our guesses about S14 are true, I have a very hard time seeing Fire Emblem Switch being released too far from S14's release date....

Another note to add regarding the cipher livestream they always let people know when their next one will happen which the distances between them aren't far off at all and S14 is next its inevitable we'll get more hints to it if not of course E3s obviously coming so it'll not be needed but hey I want a early surprise if they can.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

What if they don't care about revealing the cast through Cipher because we already know the main cast? What if this is a sequel set in Ylisse, Tellius, or Elibe?

I myself don't think this is the case... but maybe it's because I don't want it to be. They did say this would be a brand new game, which implies it won't be a remake, but it could be a brand new sequel...

On the other hand, that would be even more reason to not reveal it through Cipher. If old favourites are coming back it would be way more impactful to reveal it elsewhere.

Guess we will know soon enough either way.

Honestly I could just see the new cipher set just like...being more original character focused. Like they'll get their own color (rainbow, perhaps) and draw on a bunch of other colors

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

Honestly I could just see the new cipher set just like...being more original character focused. Like they'll get their own color (rainbow, perhaps) and draw on a bunch of other colors

That'd be terrible if they're being secretly tight lipped over some OCs most likely many won't care about and forget that'd be disappointing if that's the case.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That'd be terrible if they're being tight lipped over some OCs most likely many won't care about and forget that'd be disappointing if that's the case.

well i mean *we* wouldn't care about it but I assume others would, and the fact the key word happens to share the exact character found in the japanaese version of the boundless chaos term tells me it probably will be oc-focused. There is theoretically a background plot going, may as well drag it out of the background.

I honestly just don't see us having a sequel. (Unless it's Fates or Awakening for some reason.) They're definitely going to try to draw in a new crowd since it's on a new system and is the first "console" game in a while. Hopefully they realize marketing is the thing that makes these games succeed and don't just leave it in the dust.

32 minutes ago, r_n said:

well i mean *we* wouldn't care about it but I assume others would, and the fact the key word happens to share the exact character found in the japanaese version of the boundless chaos term tells me it probably will be oc-focused. There is theoretically a background plot going, may as well drag it out of the background.

We shall potentially see in 13 days from now(which I doubt it will but I'm optimistic in stuff lol). Also at the same time they usually have more than 1 kind of focus in a series set plus FE16 gotta have a promo set for it which I doubt will happen by S15 since the game will likey be out by the time that series set gets announced and a release date.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I'm thinking Cipher series 14 may be for a crossover or something. I find it strange how FE16 is pretty secretive and Heroes still hasn't had any crossovers with any other game series like mobile games normally do. You would think even the TMS #FE characters would be added to Heroes since they were added to Cipher. 

So we have 13 days to the new Cipher stream and about a month til E3.

Granted, I don't think anything new will be in the new Cipher set. I know people think a hint might be in it, but I doubt it. Maybe new Cipher OCs, but I don't think FE16 will be apart of it.

22 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

So we have 13 days to the new Cipher stream and about a month til E3.

Granted, I don't think anything new will be in the new Cipher set. I know people think a hint might be in it, but I doubt it. Maybe new Cipher OCs, but I don't think FE16 will be apart of it.

That's possible, too. They introduced a new OC last set - Nieve? Niamh? idr - so now, with there being so many OCs, perhaps they'll give these guys a mini-focus, too, and just run that with White/Black as the major colours.

But, if so... why the secrecy? Why not just market it the same as any other set?

5 hours ago, domilea said:

That's possible, too. They introduced a new OC last set - Nieve? Niamh? idr - so now, with there being so many OCs, perhaps they'll give these guys a mini-focus, too, and just run that with White/Black as the major colours.

But, if so... why the secrecy? Why not just market it the same as any other set?

That's why I find it hilarious that they could possibly be THAT secret about some new cipher OCs people will forget about in a day or two. I even forgot that recent mask girl was a thing (case in point).

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

All this talk of a card game is starting to make me want a collectible trading card game to feature in the new Fire Emblem. Collect cards, build a deck, play other people online or NPCs for more cards. Spend crucial army funds on cards and get chastised for it. Good times. Have it be the actual Cipher card game if they want. I really don't care about the implications of having a Marth or Ike card in the new game's universe as long as they acknowledge all these characters as mythical legends. Just don't feature any cards of THIS game's playable characters because that would be weird.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

All this talk of a card game is starting to make me want a collectible trading card game to feature in the new Fire Emblem. Collect cards, build a deck, play other people online or NPCs for more cards. Spend crucial army funds on cards and get chastised for it. Good times. Have it be the actual Cipher card game if they want. I really don't care about the implications of having a Marth or Ike card in the new game's universe as long as they acknowledge all these characters as mythical legends. Just don't feature any cards of THIS game's playable characters because that would be weird.

I admit, if they made it so that members of your army took note of your spending habits that would be pretty great, pointing out when you are being a complete cheapskate and never buying or when you are now broke because you just had to buy that killing edge that will just sit in the convoy until endgame in which case it will be irrelevant because your busty myrmidon is using the legendary jiggle blade, and dual wielding isn't a thing, and even if it was the killing edge just doesn't go with the jiggle blade.

daikon radish is best sword.

29 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I admit, if they made it so that members of your army took note of your spending habits that would be pretty great, pointing out when you are being a complete cheapskate and never buying or when you are now broke because you just had to buy that killing edge that will just sit in the convoy until endgame in which case it will be irrelevant because your busty myrmidon is using the legendary jiggle blade, and dual wielding isn't a thing, and even if it was the killing edge just doesn't go with the jiggle blade.

daikon radish is best sword.

Even better, the cardboard weapons that feature dumb mini games. 

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

So like Gwent in Witcher 3? I'm down for that!

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Complete with micro-transactions, right?

On the random topic of cards, after playing 7th Dragon III: Code VFD and loving the Duelist class, I wouldn't mind a card-toting class in FE. We have Awakening's Einherjar after all, a class that works by summoning phantasmal representations of legendary warriors sounds great. And good old Shining Force in its Resurrection of the Dark Dragon GBA version had Mawlock, a character who used allied unit and enemy cards to great, borderline broken some would say, effect.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the random topic of cards, after playing 7th Dragon III: Code VFD and loving the Duelist class, I wouldn't mind a card-toting class in FE. We have Awakening's Einherjar after all, a class that works by summoning phantasmal representations of legendary warriors sounds great. And good old Shining Force in its Resurrection of the Dark Dragon GBA version had Mawlock, a character who used allied unit and enemy cards to great, borderline broken some would say, effect.

When you mention cards, it makes me think of a Gambler class that would be a possible new promotion for Thieves.

I generally dislike the idea of minigames in my Fire Emblem. My reaction to the inclusion of Tap Battle in Heroes was pretty... lukewarm.

That said, I'd be so down for a Gwent-like Cipher port in FE16. An officially localized form of Cipher, in a format that's easier to use and more visually appealing than Lackey CCG? Yes, please. I don't even care if it includes FE16 characters in it. Just make it an idle diversion, totally irrelevant to the plot. 

Heck, it'd probably be the only format of multiplayer Fire Emblem that I'd actually care to play. Smash doesn't count.

It even makes sense from a business perspective. It it's successful enough in the video game, it can only make the physical TCG more popular. Then, make it a mobile gacha and really rake in the yen.

Darn, now I've gone and needlessly hyped myself up for disappointment. Tch.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This could make for an interesting take on the summoner class, they could use tomes, but alongside that their tome rank also gives them access to cards which summon legendary heroes until they die or the battle ends (like the cards from radiant dawn but more common and doesn't just make you wish you were using a mage (was still fun having rafiel kill people for the lolz)), the catch to their use is that they can only be used a certain number of times and some require a specific tome rank, there is also the usual summoner dilemma of not being able to get exp when they kill enemies.

Also nice to see someone who played 7th Dragon III and loved the duelist class, something really fun about putting your survival to the luck of the draw, especially when you put all of your skill points into one color.

FFXIV'S Astrologian job has forever changed my views of card toting gameplay. It's the Buff Healer, and buff side of the moveset are uses tarot inspired cards you draw at random at certain intervals. It's pure RNG, and inevitably, you have runs if useless cards that just don't give anything to your party.

I feel like the zeitgeist of FE is the less RNG the better, after Heroes removed it from combat entirely.

But, an Einherjar focussed summoner job? Call the hero to fight for you? I'd be all over that! ... but you think that would work better in a game where weapons have limited uses?