FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Serea-chan said:

So on the topic of leaks, saw this on reddit, thought it was worth the share.

Although "Yoshi's Flipping Island" makes me highly skeptical. 

I can't help but wonder why Super Smash Bros. Switch doesn't have a subtitle in this document. The last games may have done something similar, but that was due to the dual versions. I'd expect them to have a proper subtitle if the game is on one console and coming out this year. The lack of a 4 with Metroid Prime, the rather bland subtitle that is Lylat System, and the presence of Luigi's Mansion (a port of a GameCube game) doesn't make this very believable to me. Memories doesn't strike me as a title difficult to think up if you needed to create a Fire Emblem sounding name and Lylat System contradicts with the Star Fox leak we already heard.

1 hour ago, Chconroy said:

and the presence of Luigi's Mansion (a port of a GameCube game) doesn't make this very believable to me.

Do you realize it's actually getting ported? That was an official thing announced in March.

2 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Do you realize it's actually getting ported? That was an official thing announced in March.

I do, I should've been clearer: I find it odd (though not impossible) that they would dedicate time with treehouse to a port of a game people have most likely already played instead of something new.

I don't care what it's real name is, Yoshi's Flipping Island is the first good name for that game I've heard. Star Fox doesn't have that same name pedigree. Though its description sounds just like the Star Fox game I had always proposed. "What if Mass Effect, but furries?". The Fire Emblem title kind of sounds correct to me. Since New Mystery, all Fire Emblem titles have had just one word as their subtitle. On the other hand, among foreign, English words, Memories is kind of boring. Echoes, Conquest, Revelation, Awakening, these are the words we're looking for.

I don't doubt that Prime 4 could have a subtitle since 2 and 3 did, but they're probably keeping the 4 unless this is some sort of spinoff. I notice there's no game development staff besides Sakamoto, who is not yet confirmed to be working on the next game (though it's not farfetched for him to appear, it's his series). Rumors have pointed to the development team being a Singapore branch of Bandai Namco, so I would have expected somebody from there as well? Punch Out tears at my heartstrings. I know they won't make another, stop trying to bait me.

I don't have anything convincing enough to point out definitively as fake. Just that it seems like this is a lot for Day 1 of Treehouse streaming. They gotta fill 3 days. And unless Link's Awakening is announced in the stream itself - a la Metroid Samus Returns from last year, then I doubt two 3DS games will take time out of day 1.

A Mass Effect-like StarFox game would be the dream, but all other rumors relate to this new one being a racing game. "Lylat System" is just copy-pasta of the StarFox 64 European title, "Lylat Wars," so it screams fakey fake to me. Let's go! Pikachu/Eevee seems funky to me, too, but the concept of a sequel to Yellow in Kanto is intriguing.

THAT SAID, the 9:40 start time for the Treehouse streams lines up with the earlier leak that the Nintendo Direct presentatio is 36 minutes long.  No Pokémon, no Spyro, however.

I agree Memories is a boring subtitle, but that doesn't amount to much. This says nothing but "Fire Emblem" is here!

Fire Emblem Memories sounds interesting even if the name is a little bland. That having been said this seems pretty fake to me. Super Smash Bros FOR Switch means that the title of the Switch game will only be Super Smash Bros, and that has only been the case with the first one (for obvious reasons). Yoshi's Flipping Island sounds so wrong personally. I use flipping in place of f***ing when I remember to tone down my cursing, so to me it reads entirely different and not something that a Yoshi's game would be called haha. Metroid not having the 4 is also weird to me unless they are doing a God of War on it...

I don't think a list like that has ever turned out to be real, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

In this case specifically, no '4' in Metroid Prime despite them announcing it as "Metroid Prime 4" feels wrong. Fire Emblem Memories...as much as I want to say this reeks of fakeness, it seems almost too dumb for a faker to do.

But the really big thing that all these fakers miss is not what they put, but what they don't put. There's nothing 'out there,' so to speak. A new IP, a Splatoon, Arms, Sushi Striker. There are barely even any new game announcements there at all.

The writing of the document also has enough errors and general oddities to make it seem pretty unprofessional.

Honestly, where do I even start...?

• Under the Smash Bros description, it's worded "characters reveal" instead of the grammatically-correct "character reveals".
  • Under the Star Fox description, "NPC" isn't capitalized.
  • Splatoon's description uses "Octoling" instead of the grammatically-correct "(the) Octolings".
  • Yoshi's description capitalizes it as "Co-Op mode" (not "Co-Op Mode"). Luigi's Mansion's description then does one worse by not capitalizing "boss rush mode".
  • Furthermore, Luigi's Mansion doesn't even have a subtitle.
  • There are numerous other typos and odd word choices, e.g. "Guest and speaker" instead of "Speaker and Guests". On the whole, the vocabulary is several steps down from what is to be expected from a professionally-handled internal document (refer to Nintendo's investor reports for comparison).
  • Columns are arranged from left-to-right according to what would be most interesting to the audience, and not what would be most important to the event organizers. If they were arranged correctly, the Schedule column should be on the far left, with the Event column (not "Title" - another weird word choice) next, then the VIPs, with the Description column coming dead last.
  • All of the "Descriptions" are too vague for the fanbase to glean anything meaningful from them, which is suspicious; but, more importantly, many of them are also too detailed, and in the wrong way. Event organizers don't care about what is being displayed, only where and when events are being held.
    • For example, a more realistic "description" for "Fire Emblem: Memories" might go, "10 minute reveal trailer, followed by 10 minutes of gameplay footage guided by (insert speaker name here), concluding with 10 minutes on the stage with the speakers. Exit with orchestral recording (track no.)." The organizers need to know about which microphones to turn on, and when; which stage lights need to go on, and when; what tracks to play from the speakers, and when; etc. There should be no mention of details like "the trailer focuses on the game's second mission'... because this information would be totally irrelevant to the organizers.
  • Related to this, it should be noted that Fire Emblem almost always refers to these as "chapters" or "maps."  "Missions" sound like something you might see for a game like, say, XCOM, not Fire Emblem. This odd wording seems to indicate that the person who mocked this up doesn't play Fire Emblem.
    • Also related to this is the disparity in the amount of detail in the descriptions. The person who mocked this up is clearly familiar with Metroid and Star Fox, since Metroid's description is oddly specific about mentioning something as lore-bound as "a renegade Chozo", and SF's mentions "Corneria". Why mention Corneria, but not Hyrule? Why are Smash and Fire Emblem given vague descriptions like "showing some... mechanics" / "introducing the new... game mechanics", while Metroid and Star Fox get such weirdly specific descriptions like, "gameplay of the new flight system" and ""exploring the surface of a planet"?
  • The document looks like it was printed from a really outdated version of Microsoft Word. It's using 12-pt Times New Roman with 1.0 line spacing, a standard Microsoft Office dropped more than a decade ago. Newer Word documents (newer as in, post-2007) default to 11-pt Calibri with 1.2 line spacing. And Nintendo, just like Apple, almost never uses serif fonts. As part of their company's image - and therefore, as a company policy to uphold that image - Nintendo nearly always uses sans serif fonts. Everywhere. 

TL;DR: Whoever mocked this up couldn't even be bothered to fake it properly.

...E3 really can't get here soon enough, huh....

Edited by domilea
Missed a point

Add "Memories" to list of "Leaked' Subtitles.

Elegy of The Brave

Mutiny

Lustrous Daybreak

now Memories.

10 minutes ago, domilea said:

Honestly, where do I even start...?

• Under the Smash Bros description, it's worded "characters reveal" instead of the grammatically-correct "character reveals".
  • Under the Star Fox description, "NPC" isn't capitalized.
  • Splatoon's description uses "Octoling" instead of the grammatically-correct "(the) Octolings".
  • Yoshi's description capitalizes it as "Co-Op mode" (not "Co-Op Mode"). Luigi's Mansion's description then does one worse by not capitalizing "boss rush mode".
  • Furthermore, Luigi's Mansion doesn't even have a subtitle.
  • There are numerous other typos and odd word choices, e.g. "Guest and speaker" instead of "Speaker and Guests". On the whole, the vocabulary is several steps down from what is to be expected from a professionally-handled internal document (refer to Nintendo's investor reports for comparison).
  • Columns are arranged from left-to-right according to what would be most interesting to the audience, and not what would be most important to the event organizers. If they were arranged correctly, the Schedule column should be on the far left, with the Event column (not "Title" - another weird word choice) next, then the VIPs, with the Description column coming dead last.
  • All of the "Descriptions" are too vague for the fanbase to glean anything meaningful from them, which is suspicious; but, more importantly, many of them are also too detailed, and in the wrong way. Event organizers don't care about what is being displayed, only where and when events are being held.
    • For example, a more realistic "description" for "Fire Emblem: Memories" might go, "10 minute reveal trailer, followed by 10 minutes of gameplay footage guided by (insert speaker name here), concluding with 10 minutes on the stage with the speakers. Exit with orchestral recording (track no.)." The organizers need to know about which microphones to turn on, and when; which stage lights need to go on, and when; what tracks to play from the speakers, and when; etc. There should be no mention of details like "the trailer focuses on the game's second mission'... because this information would be totally irrelevant to the organizers.
  • Related to this, it should be noted that Fire Emblem almost always refers to these as "chapters" or "maps."  "Missions" sound like something you might see for a game like, say, XCOM, not Fire Emblem. This odd wording seems to indicate that the person who mocked this up doesn't play Fire Emblem.
    • Also related to this is the disparity in the amount of detail in the descriptions. The person who mocked this up is clearly familiar with Metroid and Star Fox, since Metroid's description is oddly specific about mentioning something as lore-bound as "a renegade Chozo", and SF's mentions "Corneria". Why mention Corneria, but not Hyrule? Why are Smash and Fire Emblem given vague descriptions like "showing some... mechanics" / "introducing the new... game mechanics", while Metroid and Star Fox get such weirdly specific descriptions like, "gameplay of the new flight system" and ""exploring the surface of a planet"?
  • The document looks like it was printed from a really outdated version of Microsoft Word. It's using 12-pt Times New Roman with 1.0 line spacing, a standard Microsoft Office dropped more than a decade ago. Newer Word documents (newer as in, post-2007) default to 11-pt Calibri with 1.2 line spacing. And Nintendo, just like Apple, almost never uses serif fonts. As part of their company's image - and therefore, as a company policy to uphold that image - Nintendo nearly always uses sans serif fonts. Everywhere. 

TL;DR: Whoever mocked this up couldn't even be bothered to fake it properly.

...E3 really can't get here soon enough, huh....

I always wonder why people put so much effort into stuff like this. 

If you're not even going to try in key areas, why bother? 

Edited by Slumber

I lowkey want the (fake) leaked Yoshi Switch name to be true. So that we can meme it to no flipping end. (I'm so sorry)

But something that catches my eye is that the "leaked" names for FE switch seem like pieces of a puzzle, like if fully put together is the setting for it. 

Edited by GrimmLow

25 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Add "Memories" to list of "Leaked' Subtitles.

Elegy of The Brave

Mutiny

Lustrous Daybreak

now Memories.

You forgot New Moon.

Guys, look! I came across a brand new leak!

please don't take this seriously im just mocking table draw-ups that have no other info

felol.png

Edited by kiaxxl

7 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

So on the topic of leaks, saw this on reddit, thought it was worth the share.

Although "Yoshi's Flipping Island" makes me highly skeptical. 

opening with super smash bros feels wrong to me and closing with punch out also doesn't feel right, just seems like those should be swapped I feel like opening with link's awakening then going to star fox then maybe yoshi seems like a better way to go about it.

really, just move smash bros to the end or before something that couldn't get lost easily is my recommendation.

I rate this leak an empty color ink cartridge forcing me to buy a new printer/10 

@Book Bro

Fire Emblem Memories is even more generic and boring than Fire Emblem Fates. I really hope they stop with the one word subtitle trend.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, I just don't see as much effort in the single word titles.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

2 hours ago, Florete said:

You forgot New Moon

Isn't that also the subtitle of a Twilight book? (Or so I heard in passing.)

Wonderful picture that forms. After having experimented with Japanese lowbrow entertainment in Fates, they're taking the same from the West, eons years after the craze for that stuff died. Hate me for planting this image in your head? Bite me.

Fire Emblem Memories sounds like the name of this one shovelware title that pops up whenever I check eShop sales on the 3DS. Sweet Memories (or should it be "Happy Ending"?) Poker or something like that. Also a splendid image.

What will we have learned by the time this topic dies? The only real leaks FE has are the kind that Gaius takes after downing his 99% sugar lemonade. Or so I will boldly proclaim in advance of what E3 will hopefully reveal.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

You forgot New Moon.

Oh yeah. That was 50 pages ago. 
Since it was the first, I guess it would go before Elegy of the Brave then.

2 hours ago, senior firehood said:

To all the leakers and "fake"-leakers.....after e3.....r.i.p.!

They can keep leaking "extra details" after the reveal too (assuming we DO get a reveal at E3...)

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

They can keep leaking "extra details" after the reveal too 

hopefully we'll get good amount of famitsu scans till release maybe it won't be as much like what Fates got but enough extra details and info to savor.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

hopefully we'll get good amount of famitsu scans till release maybe it won't be as much like what Fates got but enough extra details and info to savor.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how much info we got from Famitsu.