FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Titania said:

Can someone quickly  recap what was shown when the livestream is over? I sadly can‘t watch it at the moment and don’t want to miss anything important 

Yeah, I tried to watch the livestream on the website but it sent me to another window where I had to log in / register. Will the main serenes site upload what was shown later on? 

Welp.. from what I can tell... series 14 contains if (Fates). I can't tell the other titles but I think they are games already released. If so then they hyped up set 14 for nothing.

Edited by GrimmLow

Was a funny stream so many lovely cards?? love the guy with the new Loki card he knows the guys and otakus like myself would like it, I like him already!?, The Emma part was hilarious! Now for S14 it includes IF/Fates and some other games I can't tell what the other 2 are yet but as expected wait for E3 for the hype.

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Was a funny stream so many lovely cards?? love the guy with the new Loki card he knows the guys and otakus like myself would like it, I like him already!?, The Emma part was hilarious! Now for S14 it includes IF/Fates and some other games I can't tell what the other 2 are yet but as expected wait for E3 for the hype.

Honestly at this point they killed my hype for anything FE at E3. Because the fact that they made set 14 so mysterious and what not for months, and then suddenly; "This set will have games that already were in other sets, it's not like we hyped it up by calling it 'Mugen' and not talking about for months," just made me more pessimistic.

Clearly I didn't miss anything.

I don't know how anyone could've expected our first glimpse at FE Switch to come from a livestream about a Japan-only card game.  That would have been incredibly lame if it happened.

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Clearly I didn't miss anything.

I don't know how anyone could've expected our first glimpse at FE Switch to come from a livestream about a Japan-only card game.  That would have been incredibly lame if it happened.

It's moreso that if they didnt talk about again. Then they were hinting even more that the contents in set 14 are insanely worth keeping secret towards the public. But seeing what they did here, they took that secrecy and made alot of people think that set 14 could contain FE switch and then announced that said set contains the games that were in sets before. I was already kinda pessimistic about this, but still am heavily dissapointed.

2 hours ago, GrimmLow said:

It's moreso that if they didnt talk about again. Then they were hinting even more that the contents in set 14 are insanely worth keeping secret towards the public. But seeing what they did here, they took that secrecy and made alot of people think that set 14 could contain FE switch and then announced that said set contains the games that were in sets before. I was already kinda pessimistic about this, but still am heavily dissapointed.

Alright but I don't see how that killed your hype for FE at E3? It's a card game, not a video game.

Ugh... as much as I loved what they revealed at the livestream...

They finally gave us S14's themes! And, like normal, they also gave us early card art for S15!

S14 is Awakening, Hoshido, and Tellius. S15 is NMotE, Nohr, and Jugdral.

The reveal of S14 like this seems pretty abrupt. Why did they beat around the bush so much, if they were only going to give us such an anticlimatic reveal? Was S14 originally intended to be FE16's, but then FE16's release ended up later than they expected, so they had to change things around?

In any case, since we now know the card themes for the rest of 2018, the earliest FE16's cast could appear is for March 2019, for S16 (heh). 

So, assuming they keep to the 2018 release schedule, it seems that FE16 will come out for ~November/December. 

the way you people are going on and on about this set you'd think they spent months constantly hyping up the set 

7 minutes ago, domilea said:

Was S14 originally intended to be FE16's, but then FE16's release ended up later than they expected, so they had to change things around?

And I will assume it is absolutely not this because card art alone, much less all the other nonsense that goes into these sets, would have to be commissioned well ahead of time

22 minutes ago, domilea said:

Ugh... as much as I loved what they revealed at the livestream...

They finally gave us S14's themes! And, like normal, they also gave us early card art for S15!

S14 is Awakening, Hoshido, and Tellius. S15 is NMotE, Nohr, and Jugdral.

The reveal of S14 like this seems pretty abrupt. Why did they beat around the bush so much, if they were only going to give us such an anticlimatic reveal? Was S14 originally intended to be FE16's, but then FE16's release ended up later than they expected, so they had to change things around?

In any case, since we now know the card themes for the rest of 2018, the earliest FE16's cast could appear is for March 2019, for S16 (heh). 

So, assuming they keep to the 2018 release schedule, it seems that FE16 will come out for ~November/December. 

Not sure on November especially if Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is completely true which will likely as usual take November slot. December is sadly possible if they're indeed pushing for a simultaneous release unless this was secretly all done in advance(hopefully this means no BS censoring and much better localization but we'll see soon enough) but it could be for another new game that has yet to be revealed. Plus October is still open since Smash Switch is likely September with the online service. I'm not sure if the cipher are real indicators to the release but Nintendo likes surprises so I'll as usual stay optimistic.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

the way you people are going on and on about this set you'd think they spent months constantly hyping up the set 

And I will assume it is absolutely not this because card art alone, much less all the other nonsense that goes into these sets, would have to be commissioned well ahead of time

That's the thing. I know they commission the card art ahead of time. That's why we already have rough art of Master Knight Leif for S15... like normal. 

So, why didn't they give us the rough art for S14 back during the S12 livestreamslike normal? 

Why would they completely neglect to mention S14 at all during S12, unlike how they would normally go about it?

Surely, they had to have commissioned S14's art in advance. They probably got the rough art for these months ago. But, how long ago, exactly?

If they already had it at the S12 livestreams, why didn't they reveal at least one or two of these to us, like normal? 

They broke from all their normal conventions at S12's livestreams, which were back in February. And that was after they'd gone so far as to tease us with a keyword during the November 2017 livestreams. I think that falls under "spending months hyping up the set". 

Like, why bother, if all you're going to do is reveal it to be a "normal" set? There doesn't seem to be anything unusual or particularly special about S14, so why was it given such special treatment almost a year in advance?

Was it because, back in November 2017, they had intentions on making S14 unusual (by Cipher standards)... but by ~Dec 2017 - Feb 2018, it became clear that those plans had fallen through? So then, during the window of time where the S13 commissions were finishing up and the S14 commissions had begun, they had to modify their commissions for S14, leading to only having the art for S13 ready for early reveal by S12's livestreams - and as such, S14's art ended up finished in the 3 months between the S12 livestreams and now.

If you look at the pattern of focuses, it's very obvious that White and Black were going to get another set soon. But if it were always intended for S14 to simply be a colour-repeat of S12, but with some White thrown in, I can see why they didn't mention S14 at S12... because trying to hype up another Blue/Green set after literally just livestreaming the current Blue/Green set is stupid. But then, why did they bother to mention S14 at S11 at all? 

If you're familiar with Heroes, then let me make an analogy. S14's reveal, to be frank, is approximately equivalent to FEH giving us the silhouette for a mysterious new Hero at the start of Month 1, not mentioning them at all for the rest of Month 1 and also for all of Month 2, and then suddenly dropping the trailer for the banner at the start of Month 3, which features said mysterious Hero... who turns out to be Lyn/Ike/Lucina/Camilla/Chrom/Robin/Corrin/Azura Alt No. 7 or something.

Maybe they wanted to try a different way of teasing sets (lets reveal a code word now, then just focus on the upcoming set, then come back to it) and went against it? Maybe the fanbase working itself into a frenzy is why they went ahead and showed off set 15 here and now rather than just giving a code word.

But regarldess of it not being normal at the same time they did not try to really hype the set up. Not mentioning it at all in the interim , to me, says they weren't trying to hype it up. They weren't trying to build a mystery. Unusual but nothing more.

50 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Not sure on November especially if Pokemon LGPE is completely true which will likely as usual take November slot. December is sadly possible but it could be for another new game that has yet to be revealed plus October is still open since Smash Switch is likely September with the online service. I'm not sure if the cipher are real indicators to the release but Nintendo likes surprises so I'll stay optimistic.

Perhaps October, yeah. I'll try to be optimistic with you, even though it's contrary to how I normally am. 

I'm not heavily following the rest of Nintendo's IPs all that much, but from what I understand, the big one for this summer is Octopath. Smash is probably sometime this fall, and if Pokemon is also set for this year along with Yoshi, then Fire Emblem is perhaps going to round out what sounds like a fairly packed end of 2018.

And it's going to have to be packed, since as I understand it, the first half was pretty quiet except for Kirby. And yet, Nintendo seemed to have some pretty hefty sales projections for the Switch this year.

Thinking about E3 is giving me a stomachache. I'm full of anticipation, but also, dread...

FE16 could not show up. That would be almost a confirmation that it would show up at December at the earliest.

FE16 could show up, but I could end up hating everything suggested about it from its reveal trailer. I mean, it's really unlikely. But it's possible. 

FE16 could show up, and it could have a super hype reveal. But I'd still be anxious about the end product failing to meet all its potential.

Well... the date-to-mark is only 17 days away. What's coming will come.

On 5/24/2018 at 10:58 AM, DefyingFates said:

I find it hilarious and awesome that Nieve is wielding TWO tomes in that second picture. And you thought Reinhardt was trouble...

Seriously though, I love Nieve's colour scheme (I love my blue/ black/ whites) and Alice and Valjean would be great to see in FE16, for their banter if nothing else. 

Now I'm curious as to whether you three have seen the art Mayo drew to celebrate Set 12's release. Actually, I'll post it here so I can see the ensuing chaos first hand. The Boundless Chaos, as it were.

NiamhMayo3.jpg

I agree, @Book Bro, Hidari's style is definitely much more...family friendly so far. For the most part.

>Says it’s family friendly.

>Girl has her ass sticking out and emphasized.

5 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

>Says it’s family friendly.

>Girl has her ass sticking out and emphasized.

Are we still talking about Niamh or are we talking about Matilda in that one prison scene in Shadows of Valentia?

Because that same post said the ...questionable artwork in question was done by Mayo.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

4 hours ago, domilea said:

Perhaps October, yeah. I'll try to be optimistic with you, even though it's contrary to how I normally am. 

I'm not heavily following the rest of Nintendo's IPs all that much, but from what I understand, the big one for this summer is Octopath. Smash is probably sometime this fall, and if Pokemon is also set for this year along with Yoshi, then Fire Emblem is perhaps going to round out what sounds like a fairly packed end of 2018.

And it's going to have to be packed, since as I understand it, the first half was pretty quiet except for Kirby. And yet, Nintendo seemed to have some pretty hefty sales projections for the Switch this year.

Thinking about E3 is giving me a stomachache. I'm full of anticipation, but also, dread...

FE16 could not show up. That would be almost a confirmation that it would show up at December at the earliest.

FE16 could show up, but I could end up hating everything suggested about it from its reveal trailer. I mean, it's really unlikely. But it's possible. 

FE16 could show up, and it could have a super hype reveal. But I'd still be anxious about the end product failing to meet all its potential.

Well... the date-to-mark is only 17 days away. What's coming will come.

I'm in that situation too I'm nervous and anxious for the games reveal I'm positive it'll show up there at this point if by a tiny possible chance not I'll be very worried, disappointed and very sad....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I dont know.. if they show us fe 16 on e3...good...if not then im very tired.

I hope they dont let us wait like this ever again....

I cant understand it, they developted really good fire emblem games. Why they keep it so secretly^^  i dont think that fe16 will be soo bad xD

1 hour ago, senior firehood said:

I dont know.. if they show us fe 16 on e3...good...if not then im very tired.

I hope they dont let us wait like this ever again....

I cant understand it, they developted really good fire emblem games. Why they keep it so secretly^^  i dont think that fe16 will be soo bad xD

Since this is the first Mainline FE game on the Switch the next main FE games coming after will probably not be this tight lipped again until their next big console which won't be for a VERY long time.

5 hours ago, domilea said:

Nintendo has stated that their E3 video presentation will only showcase games that are coming out this year. Therefore, if FE isn't shown there, it will be a 2019 title, even if if features during their "Treehouse Live!" segment.

Pretty much every videogame company does this, so I don't see why you're whining about this.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

With the Nintendo fiscal reports especially the recent one still stating its 2018 as planned. I can safely say its definitely coming this year so of course I'm expecting the reveal at E3 since its officially confirmed 2018 games coming this year will be the primary focus at their presentation and we obviously know of Smash Switch but that's just 1 game they obviously have more games to show coming this year than just that.

21 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Are we still talking about Niamh or are we talking about Matilda in that one prison scene in Shadows of Valentia?

Because that same post said the ...questionable artwork in question was done by Mayo.

The pic I quoted is he one I’m referring to, laddie.