FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to bet that Japan will get it in 2018, and we'll probably see it in February 2019

anyways that leak looked fake just by a glance at how bad those subtitles look 

3 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm starting to bet that Japan will get it in 2018, and we'll probably see it in February 2019

It was still listed as coming for everybody in 2018 in the financial reports so we will probably get it the same year. The question is whether we are going to get it at the same time Japan gets it, or a month or two later. We got FE Echoes only one month after Japan did after all. If they don't have a global release then it is all going to come down to when they release it Japan. If they release it from Jun to Sep we can realistically get it this year if they have already started localizing it. October is pushing it, November is REALLY pushing it (and stupid considering Pokemon), and December makes it almost impossible unless they just delayed it by a week.

34 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

It was still listed as coming for everybody in 2018 in the financial reports so we will probably get it the same year. The question is whether we are going to get it at the same time Japan gets it, or a month or two later. We got FE Echoes only one month after Japan did after all. If they don't have a global release then it is all going to come down to when they release it Japan. If they release it from Jun to Sep we can realistically get it this year if they have already started localizing it. October is pushing it, November is REALLY pushing it (and stupid considering Pokemon), and December makes it almost impossible unless they just delayed it by a week.

Optimistically, there could be the chance that its a global release, but the only proof is the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 managed to pull out a global release last year. Considering that smash switch and Pokemon are probably going to be the games of October and November, it looks like we would be getting the game in September (which is unlikely), December or maybe early 2019.

20 minutes ago, Collindew16 said:

Optimistically, there could be the chance that its a global release, but the only proof is the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 managed to pull out a global release last year. Considering that smash switch and Pokemon are probably going to be the games of October and November, it looks like we would be getting the game in September (which is unlikely), December or maybe early 2019.

As they said, Financial reports already said 2018 for all. So until that changes, there is no reason to think that it will be delayed. I don't see why its hard to believe a worldwide date given the shorts gaps of SoV and Warriors, not to mention many switch games have been all out at once, besides fire emblem is popular now its better to get it out than wait for fans to try and translate it, we all know the fates issue. So if not worldwide then a month at most like the past entries.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, TheLostWhisperer said:

Now that we know Pokémon is coming out in November, with Smash likely in September with online idk about Yoshi

Fire Emblem has to come out earlier Late July though August for it the get a foot hold against the bigger titles

It could also have a December release for the holidays.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, ElectiveToast said:

Guys, what if Vamp Emblem is real and Nintendo just decided to hold off until E3? 

If they did that to torture us because they know we knew, then it's what we deserve.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, The Radiant Hero said:

The leaker strikes again!

if this Fire Emblem title turn out to be Fire Emblem Awakening sequel or Remake, I'm going to be pissed!

Reawakening, Remakening? It just looks bad. I'm very skeptical about this. But it heads into the territory of "so bad it's believable".

If we're returning to the time of Awakening, I hope it's a midquel that gives Priam's/Valentia's side of things. 

But tbh, I just want a new place, new blood. If we're going back to an old continent, let it be one that hasn't been touched in a while- Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius, and I would even take Fateslandia if it meant we'll get an actual name for the continent.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:57 AM, MirjiPlayz said:

Personally, I think it's fake. I'd love to see more races though, such as elves or dwarves (though this probably won't happen).

I wouldn't mind it. It would be interesting to see other races, like LOTR.

5 hours ago, senior firehood said:

Fire emblem radiant dawn has around 42 chapters( i dont know the exact number). What do you think how many chapters they put in  fe 16 this time?do you think they put more this time? maybe around 60-80^^?

That sounds masochistic, imo.

2 hours ago, Collindew16 said:

Actually, like TheLostWhisperer said, a lot of the games being released for the Switch are getting global releases so there is a reason to believe that FE16 is going to be the same way. That having been said, Smash doesn't have a release date yet and if it does get one everyone is betting on September because that is when the online service is going to be rolled out. So we have July, August, October, and December.

Considering that a lengthy game with a lot of text and cutscenes like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 managed to get a worldwide release, I won't rule out Fire Emblem Switch getting one until we know more.

1 hour ago, Chconroy said:

Considering that a lengthy game with a lot of text and cutscenes like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 managed to get a worldwide release, I won't rule out Fire Emblem Switch getting one until we know more.

Agreed. XC2 has a massive amount of text, probably even more than Fire Emblem or at least close to it. If it can get a simultaneous release, then so can Fire Emblem.

Though, there is the possibility we can attribute that to it being localized by Nintendo of Europe which probably has more time for localizing considering they don't do much outside of Xenoblade.

I still think the release dates will be pretty close together. Japan will probably get it a bit earlier but that's alright - I avoided Echoes spoilers for the most part. Unfortunately I got spoiled big time on Fates Conquest by some ass.

Rather than just a huge lump of chapters one after the other, I'd kill for a good split path. It's good for replayability and adds more content without stretching out the chronological plot too thin. 

X had more grating VAs than any of the others, in my experience.  SLIDING SLINGER!!1!

Edited by kiaxxl

8 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also has a shit ton of voiced stuff (despite its questionable quality). Which FE has. Hopefully it doesn't go towards XC2's quality though. In voice acting or story.

I'd say that was due to their focus on getting UK VAs, with it having less of a developed VA scene than the US. Even then I thought it was decent enough; middle of the road, heard far better and far, far worse.
And I thought the story was better than the 1st game's story (granted, it isn't perfect but I also don't hold 1 as some paragon of JRPGs). Either of their plots IMO are better than anything FE's put out in my experience (especially with Awakening/Fates/SoV showing that IS will go out of their way to hijack their own storytelling attempts).

31 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'd say that was due to their focus on getting UK VAs, with it having less of a developed VA scene than the US. Even then I thought it was decent enough; middle of the road, heard far better and far, far worse.
And I thought the story was better than the 1st game's story (granted, it isn't perfect but I also don't hold 1 as some paragon of JRPGs). Either of their plots IMO are better than anything FE's put out in my experience (especially with Awakening/Fates/SoV showing that IS will go out of their way to hijack their own storytelling attempts).

I mean I don't think it was terrible. Just kinda mediocre. Though you get used to it. I won't comment further on XC2's story because this isn't the thread for it and I don't wanna go over in detail of what I disliked because of that. Though I disagree about both being better than anything FE has recently. Ignoring XC2 so we avoid debate about its story, a lot of FEs have high quality stories. Not perfect of course, but quality nonetheless. Though you did say in your experience, so I don't know what FEs you have played or not to know that perspective. If it's just the really recent ones, then I understand perfectly. I dislike XC2's story, but between it and Fates, XC2's story is far better.

10 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I mean I don't think it was terrible. Just kinda mediocre. Though you get used to it. I won't comment further on XC2's story because this isn't the thread for it and I don't wanna go over in detail of what I disliked because of that. Though I disagree about both being better than anything FE has recently. Ignoring XC2 so we avoid debate about its story, a lot of FEs have high quality stories. Not perfect of course, but quality nonetheless. Though you did say in your experience, so I don't know what FEs you have played or not to know that perspective. If it's just the really recent ones, then I understand perfectly. I dislike XC2's story, but between it and Fates, XC2's story is far better.

I've played every localized handheld game in the series, and have seen multiple LPs/streams of Path of Radiance. I also read through FE4's script once and found it rather droll and unmemorable. I'd argue that FE's writing has never been better than middle of the road, with sub-par being the standard. But I also don't really play FE for the story (or videogames for the story in general; if it's an RPG I'd just rather have it be decent, but even then it's not a dealbreaker-- SoV's tedious maps, lacking variety, and poor balancing are things I hold against it far more than its myriad of writing issues). 

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I've played every localized handheld game in the series, and have seen multiple LPs/streams of Path of Radiance. I also read through FE4's script once and found it rather droll and unmemorable. I'd argue that FE's writing has never been better than middle of the road, with sub-par being the standard. But I also don't really play FE for the story (or videogames for the story in general; if it's an RPG I'd just rather have it be decent, but even then it's not a dealbreaker-- SoV's tedious maps, lacking variety, and poor balancing are things I hold against it far more than its myriad of writing issues). 

Have you considered the differences in regional variations due to localization? I wonder if we'll have more features removed like how face rubbing was in Fates. Sure it was probably for the best but the idea of getting less content for the same price is never fun. Then again there was the whole Soleil controversy over the date rape/gay conversion. 

3 minutes ago, Azurodin said:

Have you considered the differences in regional variations due to localization? I wonder if we'll have more features removed like how face rubbing was in Fates. Sure it was probably for the best but the idea of getting less content for the same price is never fun. Then again there was the whole Soleil controversy over the date rape/gay conversion. 

Here's what I've always wondered: Are you truly paying more for less if you didn't want the cut content in the first place?

In my opinion, that would be yes. Doesn't matter if it's madatory or optional, wanted or not, so long there's a clear reduction of content but no price to accomodate, it is more for less. Or same for less, which isn't really that different. That said, for something like the My Room features, I would say it wasn't that significant in the first place. If I understand it right, the sprite assests are still there, most of the lines are still there. The only losses was the "petting" mechanic itself, and like the last item you got at maxing out a character.

Then again, that wasn't the only thing removed. Wasn't there like a few other items removed and stuff? Perhaps by all things added up, an argument can be made.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In my opinion, that would be yes. Doesn't matter if it's madatory or optional, wanted or not, so long there's a clear reduction of content but no price to accomodate, it is more for less. Or same for less, which isn't really that different. That said, for something like the My Room features, I would say it wasn't that significant in the first place. If I understand it right, the sprite assests are still there, most of the lines are still there. The only losses was the "petting" mechanic itself, and like the last item you got at maxing out a character.

Then again, that wasn't the only thing removed. Wasn't there like a few other items removed and stuff? Perhaps by all things added up, an argument can be made.

There may have been a few swimsuits for the Hot Springs removed in the US version.

But most of the stuff that got removed feels so insignificant (to me, at least) with respect to the core game that it might as well have not been there in the first place.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

There may have been a few swimsuits for the Hot Springs removed in the US version.

But most of the stuff that got removed feels so insignificant (to me, at least) with respect to the core game that it might as well have not been there in the first place.

Certianly so. From an absolutist point, there is a clear reduction. For most people, it's not enough. It's at most just a loss worth cents.

It's like when the localization of RD removed Smithing Points. Not a huge loss to be a concern. Then again, the localization added stuff like a few base convos and the Dawn Brigade Prf weapons, so in that case we paid same for more, than more for less. Though again, it might not be that significant to care.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Certianly so. From an absolutist point, there is a clear reduction. For most people, it's not enough. It's at most just a loss worth cents.

It's like when the localization of RD removed Smithing Points. Not a huge loss to be a concern. Then again, the localization added stuff like a few base convos and the Dawn Brigade Prf weapons, so in that case we paid same for more, than more for less. Though again, it might not be that significant to care.

Agreed.

Anyway, only 9 more days (including today).

I recently watched the anime Chronicles of Arslan, and I immediately thought that I wanted the next FE to have a similar story : with politics, alliances and treasons. Maybe it is because Arslan and Fire Emblem are very much alike : you have a lord, supported by a cast of characters, some of them even fit FE archetypes (hello Daryun), you have large scale battles, strategy, duels, schemes... I would really like FE16 to feel as epic as Arslan !

It made me think of what I wanted for FE16, and since we're like a week away from E3 I thought I'd share some of my wishes.

First, I would like the story to feel as good as stated above. I would like it to happen over a large scale, with a few countries, I would like epic scale battles, like in the Tellius games, where even if you just had our small cast of characters, you knew that there was more happening at the same time, you were playing a small but decisive part of the battle. Then, I really liked SoV, but I wish battles will be more interesting and diverse. Like in Radiant Dawn were you had height advantages, and many different objectives. As for the graphics, I hope we get realistic female armor, like Titania in PoR/RD. Also I think they are going to continue what they did in SoV with the realistic animations so I am pleased with that.

The most important thing for me would be decently well written characters, especially the main lord. Characters that you would feel for during the game. And I am sure the rest will be very good : I can't wait to hear the music and see the design of the characters, discover the new gameplay elements.

So that's it, seeing Arslan made me want to share these wishes. LEt's hope we see more at E3, and for the next FE to be very good !

3 hours ago, Azurodin said:

I'll echo @Von Ithipathachai and say that I didn't care for/actively disliked the content that was removed from Fates in the first place.

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Here's what I've always wondered: Are you truly paying more for less if you didn't want the cut content in the first place?

In my case, what bugged my probably even more than the game having "less" content, is that them cutting that content makes me feel like they are treating me like a child, like if that content would be too much for me, I don't even care about some towel or boring mini-game, but the fact that they decided that I shouldn't play it bugs me. 

In the other hand I totally understand why they did it, but I can't help feeling like that.

I like to think they removed face petting because after a few months after their initial release they got feedback from players and ashamedly realized they're supposed to be making video games. 

I also appreciate that change because it lets me go in and get out in mere seconds with my support points. The private quarters recharge very quickly and if this took a minute every time I'd just forego the support grinding.