FE16 "leaks"

30 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Same here!!! it needs to WOW me for the long absence of no info as long as it's a CGI trailer going into the gameplay(like what Awakening/Fates did)I'm satisfied!

we just saw nieve and she hyped us good enouh. i really hope she will be the main character. if she is only dlc then we most really wait longer too see her...that would me make sad :(

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

we just saw nieve and she hyped us good enouh. i really hope she will be the main character. if she is only dlc then we most really wait longer too see her...that would me make sad :(

There is the possibility that Nieve might not be related to the game at all.

22 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

I don't see any Cipher OC being the main character, Cipher and the main games don't strike me as being very interconnected. At best she might a bonus unit via DLC like Echoes did.

Look, we all kinda like Nieve and all, but there's no way in hell they would ever make a Cipher character be a main character. She's a DLC character at best probably. Just like how all the rest will be.

6 minutes ago, WolfWind said:

Question: Was Paladins for the switch on the same leak as Fire Emblem Memories?

I don't recall Paladins sharing a space with FE, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, WolfWind said:

Question: Was Paladins for the switch on the same leak as Fire Emblem Memories?

that was a different leak, the paladins leak appeared to be a list of displays/playable demos, the memories leak looked like a schedule for the treehouse presentation neither of them being true proves the other false, so memories is still on the table, but the paladins and fortnite leaks are looking to be true.

i ckecked out paladins. the graphic is good and the game reminds me of overwatch from blizzard.

Do you think they do the same thing like fates? 3 versions of the game...i really dont like it...

if the game shows up on e3..can we see who writes the story and the conversations?  for me fates conversations was really bad..

4 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

Do you think they do the same thing like fates? 3 versions of the game...i really don't like it...

if the game shows up on e3..can we see who writes the story and the conversations?  for me fates conversations was really bad..

I'd like to believe that they've learned their lesson from Fates and won't be doing multiple versions ever again.

As for writing, Echoes was an improvement in my opinion (I have some story issues, but I attribute that to their attempts of being faithful to a 1992 story more than probably necessary), so if they match it or do better, I'll be happy.

3 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I'd like to believe that they've learned their lesson from Fates and won't be doing multiple versions ever again.

As for writing, Echoes was an improvement in my opinion (I have some story issues, but I attribute that to their attempts of being faithful to a 1992 story more than probably necessary), so if they match it or do better, I'll be happy.

I feel like IS is unlikely to try something like that again, it would require a very specific concept to be done.

then again fates sold really well, so, at least it isn't near as much of a rip off as different pokemon versions.

I also wouldn't say that echoes is enough to claim that IS has it right, it was a remake of an old game, there are only so many ways to screw it  up, firered and leafgreen are perfectly good games when played in a vacuum, the only negative is that they are almost a shot for shot remake of the original.

13 minutes ago, Alistair said:

What's this "Fire Emblem Memories" leak?

it was a treehouse schedule leak, it included metroid prime: renegade and I think a new f-zero, I don't know how likely it is to be correct.

I'm pretty sure there is a picture within the past 20 pages.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

15 minutes ago, flare9 said:

or it could be a warriors like story that reuses characters from previous games

yeah! too similar!

i watching e3 direct the first time, is there a difference? i read here somewhere the direct goes only 45 min. is this true?

And after that many can play demos of the new games, will Nintendo stream that to?

sry bad english but i cant sleep xD

I don't think there's a "they learn their lessen" about multiple versions since Fates was/is a very successful popular FE game with Awakening that means they can do it again in the future the only reason they likely wont for FE16 is if the concept behind it wasn't the plan this time around and it's definitely done better than how Pokemon has done it imo(even though I also love that series).

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

9 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

yeah! too similar!

i watching e3 direct the first time, is there a difference? i read here somewhere the direct goes only 45 min. is this true?

And after that many can play demos of the new games, will Nintendo stream that to?

sry bad english but i cant sleep xD

Yes, there is a nintendo direct of 45 focusing on switch games if i remember correctly. And right after that there will be a treehouse live for three days. During these three days they will show more gameplay of the game presented as well as announce a fiew new ones. Sometimes the developpers are invinted to talk about their game.

That's why even if there is only a 2min trailer of FE in the direct, don't be disappointed, they will probably show more during the live ^v^

18 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I don't think there's a "they learn their lessen" about multiple versions since Fates was/is a very successful popular FE game with Awakening that means they can do it again in the future the only reason they likely wont for FE16 is if the concept behind it wasn't the plan this time around and it's definitely done better than how Pokemon has done it imo(even though I also love that series).

It sold well, but they got a lot negative feedback on the multiple versions. If they do it a second time, I see it getting an even worse reception.

I wouldn't call it better than Pokemon. Pokemon versions are the same experience with minor differences that play to preference. With Fates, buying one version meant you got one third of the complete package, forcing you to get all of them. The severe differences of each version led to an overall unfocused product because it was trying to be multiple games at once.

59 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

It sold well, but they got a lot negative feedback on the multiple versions. If they do it a second time, I see it getting an even worse reception.

I wouldn't call it better than Pokemon. Pokemon versions are the same experience with minor differences that play to preference. With Fates, buying one version meant you got one third of the complete package, forcing you to get all of them. The severe differences of each version led to an overall unfocused product because it was trying to be multiple games at once.

They really didn't get negative feedback on that it's more of a vocal minority thing. Also it is still better than Pokemon in versions imo and no its not required or forced to get unlike Pokemon which is full price where Fates its half off if you already own 1 version. Also the last part is very opinionated.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

10 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

They really didn't get negative feedback on that it's more of a vocal minority thing. Also it is still better than Pokemon in versions imo and no its not required or forced to get unlike Pokemon which is full price where Fates its half off if you already own 1 version. Also the last part is very opinionated.

As ya said, reviewers were generally positive (though they are with any mainstream game regardless of qualities that might drop a score) and if I've learned from movies, you don't need much more than good reviews and a just OK plot to get by with success and sell the same thing again a year later (looks at Transformers, though that's more general audience reviews and sales in China so maybe not a perfect rep). The media itself is very different, but the way you need to make it isn't too far off.

11 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

As ya said, reviewers were generally positive (though they are with any mainstream game regardless of qualities that might drop a score) and if I've learned from movies, you don't need much more than good reviews and a just OK plot to get by with success and sell the same thing again a year later (looks at Transformers, though that's more general audience reviews and sales in China so maybe not a perfect rep). The media itself is very different, but the way you need to make it isn't too far off.

Yeah at least this makes sense I'm not expecting multiple versions every single new game but only when that's the primary intent.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I dunno, I think the only reason the vocal minority was a minority at all was from the fact you could jump through hoops to get all three paths in one package via the Special Edition release (that sold put right away.)

I don't think Pokémon is a good comparison as there is really no reason to buy the alt version, and never has been, unless you're completely asocial. The existence of the GTS blew the lack friends excuse out, too, well over a decade ago when it launched with Gen4. In fact, I try to buy the lesser sold version just because it's exclusive Pokémon are in higher demand on the GTS.

I give credit to IS for letting us buy the other paths in Fates at 50% off, but a Birthright player like me had a fundamentally different experience than anyone who purchased Conquest first.

On subject though, I think I'm the only one left who still wonders if Vampire Emblem is legit. If so, judging by those old leaks, that's another game that could actually have split pathlines with wildly different stories depending on if you control the monster army or the human army.

2 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

If they announce the next game is split into multiple versions I will be livid. People will say "hey wait for the games to come out before you judge" and I will tell them that I already waited before casting judgment the first time they did it. Trying to make three games in the time span you set aside for just one will tank the quality of all three. Fates was developed and even marketed around this central choice, but each choice requires more money down? That is incredibly greedy. Only the people that nabbed the special edition of the game actually made any "choice" at that part of the game. It took a beloved thing like route splits from previous games and monetized it.