FE16 "leaks"

2 hours ago, familyplayer said:

I think a lot of people only like CQ for gameplay and think BR is better otherwise. That and because BR's story, while not absolute trash like CQ, still has a lot of plot convenience and overall nothing happens and is boring. Also, I think most people realistically would choose BR irl because Garon is so obviously evil that returning to Nohr is nearly suicide (as seen in CQ).

Honestly in my opinion, CQ's gameplay isn't all that great, the emphasis on skills (that you can never have without using dlc maps or my castle) and death traps really kills a lot of the enjoyment for me, I felt like every map having some weird gimmick starts to get really old, the only reason why it gets praise is because it's hard. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, senior firehood said:

maybe u can train ur units with motion control. swordplay to earn weapon skill. shield training. horse riding...fishing (my castle). training magic (dont know how ..maybe moving like the z-moves from pkmn) .

If you dont want do these things with motion control then go 'press buttons mode'.   i dont think theye do the same thing like pkmn. it is horrible that motion control must be always on (battery goes quicker down). 

This would make alot of sense with our MyUnits in a first person view its funny some characters ask us to spar with them but we never see it this could fix that. But I'm still going with my new Skinship/Tap mode with joy-con HD Rumble idea.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

53 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Honestly in my opinion, CQ's gameplay isn't all that great, the emphasis on skills (that you can never have without using dlc maps or my castle) and death traps really kills a lot of the enjoyment for me, I felt like every map having some weird gimmick starts to get really old, the only reason why it gets praise is because it's hard. 

I think it's praised because it's early game stuff is well made, but much of the mid-game and late-game are really annoying and I feel like that's ignored by many. Don't even get me started on that final map Why the hell can I not save when trial and error is part of me figuring out a strategy?

3 hours ago, Ayra said:

On the Pokemon subject, if motion control is required, how is that going to work in handheld mode..? Anyway, I really doubt FE16 will have motion control.

I remember hearing it was Gyro-based, so you basically move the Switch and then hit a button. I'm hoping it isn't too awkward, especially if I'm on public transport and space is limited.

18 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I think it's praised because it's early game stuff is well made, but much of the mid-game and late-game are really annoying and I feel like that's ignored by many. Don't even get me started on that final map Why the hell can I not save when trial and error is part of me figuring out a strategy?

yeah, I think that's about right, it is impossible to clear ryoma deathless without resets and fuga's wild ride it either too easy or too hard depending if you are blind or not, and let's not forget Iago cheating and using a skill that forces you to hope for the best with an infinite use hexing rod and enfeeble in a class that isn't able to use staves.

But I guess we're getting sidetracked, am I the only one who hasn't been really excited about the reveal? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am excited about a new game regardless of any pessimism, but it just hasn't been slowing down everything or been on my mind constantly.

1 hour ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

This would make alot of sense with our MyUnits in a first person view its funny some characters ask us to spar with them but we never see it this could fix that. But I'm still going with my new Skinship/Tap mode with joy-con HD Rumble idea.

Skinship tap mode? there was something like that in fates but the cesorship hit it out from the game...what makes me really sad. Do you think they censorship maybe skinshipping away? 

35 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

But I guess we're getting sidetracked, am I the only one who hasn't been really excited about the reveal? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am excited about a new game regardless of any pessimism, but it just hasn't been slowing down everything or been on my mind constantly.

Admittedly I've been like this as well. I just want to keep my expectations low and my hopes high so I don't set myself up for disappointment if it's mediocre. I've said it many times, but not having done so with Fates made me hate the game a lot more than I would have otherwise. Then again, I don't remember the last time I've thought a game's story was genuinely good. Maybe I have too high of expectations in that department in general. Or I'm sounding like an ass because I probably am just forgetting all the great stories that I know exist in games I've played

43 minutes ago, senior firehood said:

Skinship tap mode? there was something like that in fates but the cesorship hit it out from the game...what makes me really sad. Do you think they censorship maybe skinshipping away? 

The Tap mode I was referring to is the thing in FE Heroes where you tap characters and they occasionally acknowledged you touching them like Skinship(some lead to funny reactions!?) even have the Hearts coming out where you touch and drag. I don't think NoA will mess with it again (don't care if someone tries to contrar this since I'm positive on this but) this is a new Nintendo not the one in the WiiU era so this is very exciting to me!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

3 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Admittedly I've been like this as well. I just want to keep my expectations low and my hopes high so I don't set myself up for disappointment if it's mediocre. I've said it many times, but not having done so with Fates made me hate the game a lot more than I would have otherwise. Then again, I don't remember the last time I've thought a game's story was genuinely good. Maybe I have too high of expectations in that department in general. Or I'm sounding like an ass because I probably am just forgetting all the great stories that I know exist in games I've played

You don't really sound like an ass, we all have our expectations and many stories can be nitpicked to death if you try hard enough, and in video games, stories tend to have their issues on account of needing to also give an excuse for gameplay which leads to moments where it feels forced.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

It sounds like you've managed to not get overexcited and I salute you for it. People tend to get overexcited and are disappointed when their expectations aren't met. I'm trying to be reasonable with my expectations, but I know it will be harder to do so as we get closer to E3.

Both Yoshi Switch and FE haven't appeared since their announcement last year. Yoshi x Fire Emblem CONFIRMED. Use an army of different colour Yoshis to fight against Baby Bowser's army!

I'm kind of in between excitement and "not excitement" I guess. I'm just anxious to get some information on the direction the series takes for the Switch.

I think it's easy for me to say, that I am excited but I'm also reasonably aware and ready for disappointment if things happen the way they could. The way I see it E3 has a few possibilities in relation to Fire Emblem.

• The Game is Given a Full Blown Trailer and spot at E3, Hype ensues, and we speculate on our newest Blue-Haired Mystery Maiden.
  • The Game is given a trailer, but it's more of a spin-off type ala Warriors, so people are somewhat disappoint.
  • The Game is given a subtle nod and a date. (Likely to get a trailer down the road at a Nintendo Direct of some kind.)
  • The Game is given a subtle nod and a Delayed Date. (This feels really likely to me and I won't be too torn up about it given that a later date means, hopefully, more care is given to the final product.)
  • The Game and Series is not at all mentioned at E3.

Hopefully we're given something in the upper 2-3 bullets, but we'll see. I'm trying to remain optimistic without going to far in to heading into E3 with guaranteed disappointment. (Ideally there will be some sort of sure-fire leak that will get me super hyped, but who knows, 4 days is a long time for leaks.)

7 hours ago, familyplayer said:

I think a lot of people only like CQ for gameplay and think BR is better otherwise. That and because BR's story, while not absolute trash like CQ, still has a lot of plot convenience and overall nothing happens and is boring. Also, I think most people realistically would choose BR irl because Garon is so obviously evil that returning to Nohr is nearly suicide (as seen in CQ).

Judging by the fan art and fiction, I'm inclined to disagree. IS clearly picked up on it too, looking at merchandise and Heroes. All of which just push CQ stuff further. Plus, there is something special to the idea of a family that loves you for you, not out of any obligation by blood or marital relations. (There are a few other factors, like Camilla's tropey-ness, but it's not like BR lacks sexy ladies.)

I would really prefer not to see a similar situation since BR fans often felt shafted as a result. It's a really personal gripe, but a gripe nonetheless.

Anyway, my only expectation is a reveal trailer. Big RPGs have gotten series of videos in the past few years, with Fates and Echoes included, so we'll get a stream of info eventually anyway. Best case is Treehouse attention.

Edited by Altrosa

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Just curious. How'll we react when no FE at E3?

I'm assuming it will be akin to Philadelphia after the Super Bowl

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

How'll we react when no FE at E3?

Isn't when a bit pessimistic? Shouldn't we be asking if instead? It's a rarity for me to be optimistic, but I've got a good feeling about E3. *shrug*

1 hour ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Then I'll start dropping some Miller and Venom Snake quotes.

every night... I feel my speculation... and the release date, even the teasers... the hype that I've lost... the potential fanart that I've lost... they won't stop hurting... you feel it to don't you?

Edited by thecrimsonflash