FE16 "leaks"

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

Them starting treehouse with Smash has me thinking they will end the direct with Smash. If they show Fire Emblem I wonder when in the direct it will appear. Could it be the big thing to kick off the presentation (i hope and think this could happen) or will it fall in the middle.

My guess is either at the beginning similar to Fates(I believe don't quote me I believe it was kinda early) or middle. I prefer as early as possible then they can do whatever else with the other games.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

16 minutes ago, nirvanafan said:

Them starting treehouse with Smash has me thinking they will end the direct with Smash. If they show Fire Emblem I wonder when in the direct it will appear. Could it be the big thing to kick off the presentation (i hope and think this could happen) or will it fall in the middle.

I think it will be the opposite. As they are having a Smash finalists tournament early in, I'm expecting Smash to be the opener. 

A closer should be a mic drop. We already know about Smash. We generally know what to expect with Smash. Unless Smash Switch is going to have a huge surprise (like a mode on par with Subspace Emissary) to talk about, it won't make a great closer.

I'm expecting to see either Fire Emblem, Pokemon Switch (2019 release), or Metroid Prime 4 as their closing mic drop. Fire Emblem makes the most sense in this regard as they can finish with an announcement that it is coming soon. It could be within months of E3, if not announced for an E3 day release as some studios like to do.

I hope I'm able to watch the video presentation live, my sleep schedule has been very erratic lately, anybody know where I can go for no spoilers post presentation?

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I hope I'm able to watch the video presentation live, my sleep schedule has been very erratic lately, anybody know where I can go for no spoilers post presentation?

Kinda has to already happen to know who might have that. You probably can watch the part in the direct before the live presentation stuff and nothing else and you'll be fine.

Edited by familyplayer

I actually can't watch the presentation live unless I get really lucky and my break at work lines up at just the right time. I actually feel bad that I'll be missing the initial hype/rage with you guys.

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

How exactly was Fates revealed?  Did they just do a trailer with no gameplay and then wait until the Treehouse segment to show gameplay?

At E3? There was a trailer with cut scenes and game play snippets. Then more was shown by Treehouse throughout the week.

1 minute ago, nhaer042 said:

At E3? There was a trailer with cut scenes and game play snippets. Then more was shown by Treehouse throughout the week.

Okay.  That might be what we can expect for Fire Emblem Switch.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

One can certainly hope. Keep in mind, Fates was already out in Japan and we had much more information on it. It wasn't like most of us didn't have any idea what was going on like we do this time around. Not sure if it will play out exactly the same but, hey, fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Pretty much my expectations even if it MIGHT not be as much like what Fates got there'll be after info stuff and famitsu stuff start rolling in than of course trailer drops near release!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

9 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

If you want I can message you the Direct link after it finishes and you can click on it later without spoilers? 

4 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

If you want I can message you the Direct link after it finishes and you can click on it later without spoilers? 

nah, it's fine, I'll just take what I get, if I can't wake up on my own, it's my own fault. Thanks anyways.

9 hours ago, Modamy said:

I actually can't watch the presentation live unless I get really lucky and my break at work lines up at just the right time. I actually feel bad that I'll be missing the initial hype/rage with you guys.

This is why I requested Nintendo's E3 days off. It meant working 6 days in a row (tomorrow is day 6), but those 3 days will feel that much better.

6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

How exactly was Fates revealed?  Did they just do a trailer with no gameplay and then wait until the Treehouse segment to show gameplay?

Since I'm not sure entirely what you mean, Fates/If was originally revealed in a January Nintendo direct. It was this trailer.

If you mean how it was shown at E3 that year, you got your answer.

I'm actually thinking the moment I recognize it's FE16 they're showing, provided they are of course, I'll just stop watching for about 2 minutes and then come back to see it is over. 

Why? Because my heart might not be able to take it. I don't want hype, I don't want promises, I don't want to see anything! I just want the game in my hands and to play it. I don't want to wait out the next couple months dealing with the speculation of it all. Just show me a couple reviews, give me an overview of the story quality, character direction, and gameplay, and that is it.

I am going to try to avoid as much SF pre-release talk of FE16 for this reason. And when I get it, it'll take a few weeks to complete the game once, marinate on my thoughts for a day or two, and then come out and discuss it for its nadirs and zeniths alike.

22 minutes ago, Florete said:

This is why I requested Nintendo's E3 days off. It meant working 6 days in a row (tomorrow is day 6), but those 3 days will feel that much better.

At this rate I'm thinking of just nagging my supervisor into sending me to lunch when the presentation is supposed to start.

Last year Xenoblade 2 appeared at the beginning E3 direct so that could also happen if FE gets the same release date in December. I see them going all out with Smash like they did with Odyssey so it's gonna be the closer likely with a newcomer reveal. They ended with Odyssey last year. I'm hoping we get more info on SMT V and Metroid Prime 4. New IPs would be nice.

I hope we get more RPG for SWITCH. 

I still have irrational fears that it will somehow not be shown. By all rights it should be since its scheduled for 2018 and we are halfway through the year, but we also thought it would have to show up during the last direct and we were wrong. There is always the possibility that it could be pushed back.

17 minutes ago, Collindew16 said:

I still have irrational fears that it will somehow not be shown. By all rights it should be since its scheduled for 2018 and we are halfway through the year, but we also thought it would have to show up during the last direct and we were wrong. There is always the possibility that it could be pushed back.

Same here. I can imagine us going "it's the next game, right?" after every thing shown and then the presentation ending. RIP.

20 hours ago, nhaer042 said:

So, has anything interesting popped up at E3 in the meantime, or should I just tune out until Tuesday?

New fallout 76 looks amazing. having online and being able to nuke the in game map to terrorize other people in it sounds like complete madness.