FE16 "leaks"

On 1/7/2018 at 8:00 PM, BZL8 said:

A new, different leak has sprung up on 4chan. Take with a grain of salt:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/402547020

Reveal hidden contents

> Fire Emblem Mutiny - 5.4.2018
> Fire Emblem Mutiny Special Edition w/ Hizir and Bontessa amiibo, soundtrack CD and coin - 5.4.2018

Additional information from the OP:

>Hizir and Bontessa are not the main protagonists in Mutiny, Hizir's sibling Preveza is. Hizir was banished from their kingdom for saving the life of a pirate (Bontessa). Hizir looks like a mix of Xander and Hector but with a tan. Bontessa looks like Syrenne from The Last Story (picture included) but with bright pink hair and a red cape.

>Fire Emblem Mutiny will open the direct, Octopath Voyage will close it, GTA V is the "one more thing"

Thoughts: A pirate-themed Fire Emblem would be interesting, date sounds fine, but then again, this leaker claims that Nier: Automata and FFXV are coming to the Switch.

Pirates. Yeah, I don't buy it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Shadow Dragon is far, far away from being perfect.

Anyway, assuming this Pirate FE is real (not that I believe it is), will we be seeing proper pirates and not the FE "Pirates" (which are called "Water Bandits" in Japan).

The whole pirate thing is so unbelievable but like if it happens, might as well put in the old "Pirates". I mean they could fit as peons or something. 

2 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

i still dont see the problem of a pirate FE game with no guns...

FE wont bring guns... the played with the idea when FE was on its deathbed and dropped it immediately... there is no way they are going to change that now that FE is popular...

The problem isn’t a pirate FE game with no guns. The problem is a pirate game with no guns. A pirate game with no guns is like a cake without sugar and icing. It can be done, but it will always feel like something is missing. 

Vampire Emblem: very detailed notes on story, classes, characters, etc.

vs

Pirate Emblem: a couple of sentences

I don't believe either rumor but i'd much rather believe the Vampire Emblem rumor.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

Has it been confirmed?

No. Unless Nintendo announced the Direct today, those January 11th Nintendo Direct rumors are debunked.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No. Unless Nintendo announced the Direct today, those January 11th Nintendo Direct rumors are debunked.

Directs have been announced any time from 1 to 4 days beforehand. We do know for a fact that there will be a January Direct (thanks to EA's internal slide leak), and multiple sources have echoed the 11th as the date. Though I am beginning to doubt the exact date, we still can't rule it out until tomorrow.

Okay, so pirates! Again, fake, but! I wouldn't mind a Pirate game. I seem to be in the minority but I love boat maps, (when well designed like Path of Radiance, echoes was boring boat maps.) Now, to be clear, I would NOT like a whole game of boat maps only. Luckily, pirates weren't always at sea. They raided the land too. Anyway, IS would have to design a Pirate game to be extremely diverse and unique to make it work. And I just don't see them coming up with enough ideas to make it fun.IS and Nintendo like their safety nets nowadays, and are too afraid to do something different it seems like.

Of the two leaks, I'd prefer the Vampire one. Sounds like it would be a much better story. Don't think either of them are real, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Directs have been announced any time from 1 to 4 days beforehand. We do know for a fact that there will be a January Direct (thanks to EA's internal slide leak), and multiple sources have echoed the 11th as the date. Though I am beginning to doubt the exact date, we still can't rule it out until tomorrow.

Fair enough. And i did hear that Nintendo of Russia responded to a fan asking if the January 11th Direct was a thing and while the response was basically a "haha soon", it may have confirmed that we will get a Direct on the 11th.

18 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

If Pirate Emblem is a thing, it's just gonna go in my binder of games of stifled popular games? What do you do in a creative slouch? PIRATES! See Zelda and Assassin's Creed for reference.

More like zombies. Besides Zelda really didn't do much with the pirate theme, and Black Flag is reportedly the best AC game in the series.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

They've announced Directs as late as 12 hours before the Direct stream goes live, so I'm not too worried about not hearing anything yet. But yeah, definitely going to hear something about it tomorrow if it is still planned for the 11th. If not, maybe its been delayed or something. We're definitely getting one this month.

It IS obvious we're getting one this month especially from the EA Fe leak and now the Nintendo Russia hinting "soon" it could be announced tomorrow similar to how the Fire Emblem Direct was announced a day before or at a later date in January if its the latter I wonder how many more leaks get debunked.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

49 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

It IS obvious we're getting one this month especially from the EA Fe leak and now the Nintendo Russia hinting "soon" it could be announced tomorrow similar to how the Fire Emblem Direct was announced a day before or at a later date in January if its the latter I wonder how many more leaks get debunked.

I haven't seen a single leak that seems believable so far, but usually there's at least one that turns out to be true. Who knows, maybe this time it'll be the vampire FE one.

Edited by TwinBlade

I'd totally play a Pirate-themed FE if it has a reference to the Walled City of Campeche...

Anyway, I'd too hope to see a Direct on this month. Or at least, to know the exact day. Oh well...

13 hours ago, DragonLord said:

Yeah but SE also said that they probably wouldn't bring Pocket Edition to the Switch mainly cause of the touchscreen only nature of the game. Also that's not FFXV, that's FFXV PE. The leak claims its vanilla FFXV just from the name alone. I recall the backlash of the prospect of Pocket Edition coming to Switch made Tabata do a 180 when asked again about it.

I recall the backlash, but I recall it framed more in "why does this need to exist?"

I want FFXIV to get ported, but no one else does, so Ehhh.

7 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

I recall the backlash, but I recall it framed more in "why does this need to exist?"

I want FFXIV to get ported, but no one else does, so Ehhh.

I think the creators have expressed the want to port FFXIV to the Switch. A fully fleshed out MMO on the go would be something quite unique for the Switch.

However, they just broke the PS3 shackles that had been holding back aspects of XIV's development, so I doubt they'd immediately pick up a version that would eventually hamstring them in a similar way that the PS3 did up to Stormblood. I mean, the Switch is still way more powerful than the PS3, but it could still be a bottleneck when it comes to development decisions down the line.

Edited by Slumber

8 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

More like zombies. Besides Zelda really didn't do much with the pirate theme, and Black Flag is reportedly the best AC game in the series.

Oh yeah. Zombies could be their own genre at this point. Zelda had a couple of games that featured pirates/maritime adventuring. Black Flag looked bomb. Everyone loves pirates I can't deny that.

22 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Looks like Nintendo is trolling they know people are expecting a direct and its working for them lol well played.

Is that supposed to be Flash light?