FE16 "leaks"

That leak is fake. First final fantasy XVI in there. I am a ff fan and looking at how square treats their big titles like ff, I know it is fake. Square has KH III and the FF VII remake to work on while promising FF XV DLC to cone even on 2019 (not 100% sure of this one). I doubt they will release XVI any time soon propably around 2025 I expect to get it. FF XV is possible considing how they milk it. The gen 8 pokemon name is resembling fangames yet the D/P remakes are ok I guess. Xenoblade X port is possible but that warriors thing is very suspicious. However, we didn't have that new medieval game we were told on august but we were told to wait. As far as FE is concerned there was this leak about munity that you guys mentioned was debunked and it just doesn't seem so believable. These are the games I can talk about. 

Wow that was a big reply.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole pirate thing has never been interesting to me so I hope the Mutiny stuff is fake. I would get the game either way but I just would prefer so many other cultural themes for the series and the pirate thing would be disappointing. I do not really believe this leak though. The thing that stands out to me is Amiibo Festival DX since the game seemed like such a huge failure that I doubt even Nintendo would want to touch it again. Also the amount of surprise titles especially from inactive series seems like a huge stretch not even mentioning the the 3rd party and even 4th party tie-in games like some of you have already mentioned. Although I really do really want TMS to get ported. 

I just don't think that "Fire Emblem: But This One is About Pirates" will go over nearly as well as "Assassians Creed: But This One is About Pirates"

I hope this is fake, might not be a bad spinoff now that I think about it though.

*The Legend of Zelda: A Link Across Islands

*The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks HD

Wait? Based on ALBW, ALAI sounds like a Phantom Hourglass remake/1.5, but why does Spirit Tracks only say "HD"? Might just be a working title until a true "A Link ___ ___" title is created.

I'll say this is fake because of "*Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker & World Explorer". Nintendo has official box art and title for Captain Toad, and there is no World Explorer in the title. 

Not fully on board with Fire Emblem: Mutiny. Vampire leak sounds a lot cooler. I'm really unsure how to pull off a Pirate themed Fire Emblem.

Edited by Lord_Grima

There was a leak saying that the game had been delayed in order to give it a worldwide release so I suppose there is a small chance Mutiny is still a thing. However, pirates wouldn't work well with the FE formula unless someone at IS remembers how to write morally gray characters. Pirates are rarely ever depicted as the heroes from what I've seen, and most FE lords are very much the good guys. Yeah some do some morally grey stuff but for the most part they are pretty good people just trying to stop the big bad from whatever it is they are trying to do. Not that any of this matters since the leak is obviously fake but just wanted to get my two cents in on Pirate Emblem.

Yeah, that leak is incredibly fake. No way Pokemon's next two games are called Nuclear and Chemical. (And what exactly were they supposed to be datamined from?) 

I wonder when we're going to get more news. I'm not impatient for it or anything, since I don't even own a switch yet, but I do enjoy some of the speculation that happens whenever new info for a game comes out. I thought they might hold a Fire Emblem direct to showcase it and the last batch of Warriors DLC, but it doesn't really look like they will. They could do something on the anniversary, but that's also when Labo launches, and I don't see them wanting to distract from that.

2 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

There was a leak saying that the game had been delayed in order to give it a worldwide release so I suppose there is a small chance Mutiny is still a thing. However, pirates wouldn't work well with the FE formula unless someone at IS remembers how to write morally gray characters. Pirates are rarely ever depicted as the heroes from what I've seen, and most FE lords are very much the good guys. Yeah some do some morally grey stuff but for the most part they are pretty good people just trying to stop the big bad from whatever it is they are trying to do. Not that any of this matters since the leak is obviously fake but just wanted to get my two cents in on Pirate Emblem.

The writing isn't the only problem with pirate emblem, there is also the issue of map design, boat maps in fire emblem tend to get a bit of flack on account of their repetitive design and virtually no movement options for the player unless you really like fliers.

10 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

The writing isn't the only problem with pirate emblem, there is also the issue of map design, boat maps in fire emblem tend to get a bit of flack on account of their repetitive design and virtually no movement options for the player unless you really like fliers.

Well it doesn't have to all be boat maps. Although there will be quite a bit of those there can be just as many maps on land. I can see some being escape and defend your boat maps as well as your regular route missions. Pirates do eventually have to hit land to restock on supplies and get themselves in trouble. They can also design the sailing sections as free roam to get to the island and maybe you can hit another ship or a sea monster in the same vein as the monsters you can fight in the dungeons in SoV to escape requiring so many boat maps. They are visible and will make a beeline for you if they see you, but you can also avoid them if you like (easier in the sea then in a cramped dungeon for sure). Most of the actual story important moments will occur on land this way.

Guest Dreamyboi

Wait hold on I just had an idea. What if they're waiting for April 20th to announce something, for a game as big as this it seems like a good idea to celebrate the anniversary of Fire Emblem by showing off it's latest entry. I think we might be able to hope for something on April 20th or sometime after that.

47 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Wait hold on I just had an idea. What if they're waiting for April 20th to announce something, for a game as big as this it seems like a good idea to celebrate the anniversary of Fire Emblem by showing off it's latest entry. I think we might be able to hope for something on April 20th or sometime after that.

While I don't think they will (If only to keep my expectations in check), that's the only time I could see it happening before E3.

4 hours ago, Dreamyboi said:

Pokemon didn't do anything special for their anniversary  though. I'm still banking on December release like Xenoblade 2.

If not then April/May next year.

Xenoblade 2 opened the E3 direct so Fire Emblem could still appear there unless Nintendo releases the trailer again one month before the release of the game.

I also doubt we're going to see FE Switch on 4/20.  If anything, they'll probably just give us a ton of free Orbs and Feathers in Heroes.

That said, I wonder how many weed jokes have been made about Fire Emblem's anniversary being on 4/20?

10 hours ago, Dreamyboi said:

I've been thinking about that for a while, and I believe we'll get a direct (maybe one just focusing on Fire Emblem) sometime in April. I honestly don't think that Fire Emblem could hold it's ground at E3 if it had nothing more than a reveal trailer, and I think that if they went into detail about the gameplay like they did with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, people would get bored (although I can't remember if the long and slow description of Xenoblades gameplay was at E3 or not).

Meanwhile, if they revealed the game in a direct, they could spend more time talking about the gameplay for those who would be interested in it, and they could expand upon the details at E3. It would also be an opportunity to discuss Warriors and Heros news, and heck, maybe if they're adding more DLC to Echoes because I want my tragicomedy about Valbar, Leon, and Kamui meeting, hijacking a pirate ship, and invading Barths fortress, dammit.

12 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I've been thinking about that for a while, and I believe we'll get a direct (maybe one just focusing on Fire Emblem) sometime in April. I honestly don't think that Fire Emblem could hold it's ground at E3 if it had nothing more than a reveal trailer, and I think that if they went into detail about the gameplay like they did with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, people would get bored (although I can't remember if the long and slow description of Xenoblades gameplay was at E3 or not).

Meanwhile, if they revealed the game in a direct, they could spend more time talking about the gameplay for those who would be interested in it, and they could expand upon the details at E3. It would also be an opportunity to discuss Warriors and Heros news, and heck, maybe if they're adding more DLC to Echoes because I want my tragicomedy about Valbar, Leon, and Kamui meeting, hijacking a pirate ship, and invading Barths fortress, dammit.

After giving it a bit of thought, this does seem like the best course of action.  But then again I don't see Nintendo devoting an entire Direct to a single new game.

The window for an FE Direct is quickly closing, if you ask me. The DLC for Warriors was released, and the spring banner for Heroes is out, while Thracia and the Legendary one are fast approaching. I'm not sure if they would hold one just to announce the Switch game and nothing else. There has to be some other announcement(s) and unless there's a surprise remake or port also coming, most of the other things they could announce are what I mentioned already. 

That's the thing now Smash Switch is definitely now 100% confirmed to take over E3 and attention from other announcements (except Pokemon Switch if that shows) so finally get it the attention it desperately needs while it last before then. I do see a more in depth direct of FE16 during launch month or like how they did it with fates with a bunch of overview videos.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

But this was after E3, right?

The Xenoblade 2 Specific Direst was in November. The game also got a decent chunk of a direct to showing off it's gameplay in September.

6 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

That's the thing now Smash Switch is definitely now 100% confirmed to take over E3 and attention from other announcements (except Pokemon Switch if that shows) so finally get it the attention it desperately needs while it last before then. I do see a more in depth direct of FE16 during launch month or like how they did it with fates with a bunch of overview videos.

I highly doubt that Pokemon Switch will be at E3.Smash will be the star of the show,everything else will be an after thought.

I will be happy if we get a FE direct in April, but I won't be holding my breath for it. Nintendo regularly ignores certain birthdays and then celebrates others just because they are Nintendo. You wouldn't expect them to ignore Pokemon's birthday since it is one of their big titles or devote a whole year to Luigi but they did that because why not apparently. That having been said it wouldn't be odd to have a direct focus on only one game. They have done it multiple times before both for their own franchises (XC2) and third parties (Wonderful 101 got one I believe). You really can't predict anything with them.