Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

On a completely random note, I realized that if this is going to be a Halloween banner, it would be a bit odd to (1) have the banner end on Halloween itself and (2) have the arena bonus units be the banner units for the first half of October instead of the second half of October. If a Halloween banner starts around the 27th of October, give or take, it'd be just in time to have the banner's bonus units overlap Halloween. (And the two summer banners did overlap each other, so there's nothing stopping an end-of-October banner from overlapping this one.)

I went and checked for other holidays in this time frame and was reminded that China's Mid-Autumn Festival (a harvest moon festival for those not familiar with it) was next week. As much as the chances are somewhat slim, it would be pretty cool to have this for a banner. (Japan is aware of the holiday's existence, at the very least.)

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely random note, I realized that if this is going to be a Halloween banner, it would be a bit odd to (1) have the banner end on Halloween itself and (2) have the arena bonus units be the banner units for the first half of October instead of the second half of October. If a Halloween banner starts around the 27th of October, give or take, it'd be just in time to have the banner's bonus units overlap Halloween. (And the two summer banners did overlap each other, so there's nothing stopping an end-of-October banner from overlapping this one.)

I went and checked for other holidays in this time frame and was reminded that China's Mid-Autumn Festival (a harvest moon festival for those not familiar with it) was next week. As much as the chances are somewhat slim, it would be pretty cool to have this for a banner. (Japan is aware of the holiday's existence, at the very least.)

Tsukimi (the Japanese version, I guess) is October 4th through 6th.

Does a Dancer Dream of Dango?

The trailer comes out a few days early every time right? So it may come out tomorrow.

It would be nice to have Marth finally get another version in the game, though I can't really see him with another weapon.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

The trailer comes out a few days early every time right? So it may come out tomorrow.

The trailer will probably go up the day before (the 28th) it goes live since that’s what they’ve done for the last several banners that weren’t revealed during a livestream. At any rate, I’m personally not expecting it to show up until then.

20 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

It would be nice to have Marth finally get another version in the game, though I can't really see him with another weapon.

Simple have him cosplay masked Marth

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Lucius doing his best to look like Raven and Raven, Lucius, complete with demeanor swap.

I would forgo all my worldly possessions for this. Though I'd probably be even happier if we could get Maid!Lucius and Master!Raven. This is the kind of fanservice this game needs.

If these are truly Azura and Shigure then my interest in thus banner is pretty much nonexistent. The other 2 characters will make or break the banner for me. Part of me wants the banner to suck so I can feel better about skipping it and save more orbs for Jugdral. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

To be completely honest, the male's hair style reminds me a whole lot like Kaze and Dwyer.  The only two things that keep me from saying 100% Kaze/Dwyer are 1. Azura's necklace, which I mean either of them could dress up as Azura if they wanted, no judging here, and 2. the curls of hair around the silhouette's head look very reminiscent of how the little curls do in Shigure's hair and are not truly present anywhere on Kaze or Dwyer.  Honestly, I'm a completionist and will pull on it regardless of who it is.  

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

To be completely honest, the male's hair style reminds me a whole lot like Kaze and Dwyer.  The only two things that keep me from saying 100% Kaze/Dwyer are 1. Azura's necklace, which I mean either of them could dress up as Azura if they wanted, no judging here, and 2. the curls of hair around the silhouette's head look very reminiscent of how the little curls do in Shigure's hair and are not truly present anywhere on Kaze or Dwyer.  Honestly, I'm a completionist and will pull on it regardless of who it is.  

Dwyer was Azura's son in my Revelations playthrough.  I believe this is canon now.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be fair, the Easter Banner ended before Easter actually took place.  I know it was "Spring", but with bunnies and eggs, they aren't fooling anybody that it was an Easter Banner.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Dwyer was Azura's son in my Revelations playthrough.  I believe this is canon now.

Same here, which is honestly why I thought of it.  Funnily enough, Azura married Kaze in my Birthright playthrough so not too farfetched either way.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Same here, which is honestly why I thought of it.  Funnily enough, Azura married Kaze in my Birthright playthrough so not too farfetched either way.

I think I had Kaze marry Hinoka in Birthright.  Kaze got a princess in every playthrough come to think of it.  In Conquest, he got Camilla; in Revelations, he got me.  I think he's the best father and husband, apart from the whole sending his daughter to the babyrealms thing.

Why would they now choose to introduce Shigure/Dwyer/anyone new? I mean they did it with Charlotte already, but I don't get the point. People are going to want to use said characters in their base selves on top of in a costume.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think I had Kaze marry Hinoka in Birthright.  Kaze got a princess in every playthrough come to think of it.  In Conquest, he got Camilla; in Revelations, he got me.  I think he's the best father and husband, apart from the whole sending his daughter to the babyrealms thing.

Thats a pretty big exception. And really it I hate the idea that the parents would be so callous as to let their children be raised in another world. Don't they want all the good years of memories of raising their kids through the lows and the highs? Isn't that at the core of the joy of being a parent? I think of a certain part of DQ5 and it makes me sad and really abhor what the Fates parents did. There is a reason I had them murder their parents and join Zephiel in one fanfict snippet I did.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats a pretty big exception. And really it I hate the idea that the parents would be so callous as to let their children be raised in another world. Don't they want all the good years of memories of raising their kids through the lows and the highs? Isn't that at the core of the joy of being a parent? I think of a certain part of DQ5 and it makes me sad and really abhor what the Fates parents did. There is a reason I had them murder their parents and join Zephiel in one fanfict snippet I did.

Oh gods, I loved that bit too (as a plot development).

To be fair to Kaze, everyone does it, so he doesn't lose comparative points. I'd rank him a worse parent than Tharja, but a better parent than anyone else in Fates.

You know what'd be neat? Halloween's a time for dressing up in costumes and stuff, right? So a lot of us are convinced it's Azura (because of the headdress or whatever that's called) and Shigure (because of Azura's pendant), but what if we've all been bamboozled? What if the banner is actually characters from older games cosplaying as characters from the newer games?

...I mean, I don't actually expect it, but it'd be pretty neat if they fooled us with the silhouettes like that.

42 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

You know what'd be neat? Halloween's a time for dressing up in costumes and stuff, right? So a lot of us are convinced it's Azura (because of the headdress or whatever that's called) and Shigure (because of Azura's pendant), but what if we've all been bamboozled? What if the banner is actually characters from older games cosplaying as characters from the newer games?

...I mean, I don't actually expect it, but it'd be pretty neat if they fooled us with the silhouettes like that.

I would only be ok with that if they are characters that are already in, because the last thing I want to happen is micaiah being added, but she is dressed as azura or lucina.

21 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Julius dressed as Loptyr, Lyon dressed as Fomortiis, Sonya with Fates' witch garb, and Keaton.

The Halloween banner that should have been.

You mispelle Black sheep Genny(a lance armored unit ) and Velouria .

3 hours ago, Okigen said:

Somehow the guy on the right looks a lot like Niles to me.

Anyway, good thing if Azura/Shigure comes up. I'll have a legit reason to save my orbs since I hate them both.

that's about my opinion on it, I do hope that I have an excuse to spend them, because I like the idea of a halloween banner and I'd rather they not botch it up with nothing special.

45 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

If that really is Azura, then I wonder if she'll still be a dancer (not sure what else she could be if she's just wearing her alternate outfit). If she is, I'm pulling for her no matter what.

I heard she might use a scythe, which could count for an Axe, giving us a Green Dancer.