Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Same. I really want her. That axe is broken as shit lmao.

She looks insane. Out of all of these I want her most, then Olivia. I don't want Inigo and I can pass on Shigure, even though B Tome Valor would be cool to have.

>wading into colorless hell for Olivia and Inigo poised to spook Azura pulls

>Halloween likely coming near the end of or after this banner (no way they skip it still, even if they have to run it into November)

THIS WHOLE BANNER IS A TRAP

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Alkaid said:

She looks insane. Out of all of these I want her most, then Olivia. I don't want Inigo and I can pass on Shigure, even though B Tome Valor would be cool to have.

>wading into colorless hell for Olivia and Inigo poised to spook Azura pulls

>Halloween likely coming near the end of or after this banner (no way they skip it still, even if they have to run it into November)

SAME ALL THE WAY DOWN

FOUR new dancers, and every single one of them is from either Fates or Awakening? Come on now. I actually like both Awakening and Fates, but even I'm getting a little tired of it.

That being said, I'll still pull from this banner because dancers are just plain useful and Azura in particular looks too good to pass up. Though I'm miffed that her weapon is so much better than all the others.

As much as i like this banner(you basically always get good shit out of it and it bypass the biggest downside of seasonal banner) holy damn the new dancer skill is terrible

Azuras legendary is practically "she have legendary weapon with 16 mt" since the effect is so bad. Granted... at least it increases def and res so it had some merits but the whole thing where you dont get full value(or value at all) unless you dont play buff properly is kinda dumb

Forget SoS. Azura weapon is the worst legendary in the game

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I wouldnt call this a Dancer Banner, i would swap the D out for C.
I wished for new Dancers, but the B Skills and the additional effects of the Weapons (especially Azuras) went overboard.

Why should i even bother with healers anymore... seriously? Might as well just take Healers out of the game completely.

Dont get me wrong I am hyped for the banner, but this banner just invalidated all Healers in a nutshell

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm expecting the actual Halloween banner to start ON Halloween and lasting throughout November. If the leaks are true then Jugdral will be the next banner so I'm saving for that. I'll still do the freebie roll and go for green. I wouldn't mind Inigo because I'd get a green dancer in the end which is great. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Azuras legendary is practically "she have legendary weapon with 16 mt" since the effect is so bad

Are you sure you are reading that effect correctly? cause that effect is really busted since shes a Dancer first and foremost.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

It just hit me that Inigo of all people got an alternate version before any of the Hoshidan siblings. 

Yah, I too find this "hilarious". This the 4th banner featuring Fates characters and they have yet again managed to avoid putting a single Hoshidan in it. It feels like deliberate mocking at this point. Might as well rename the game "Fire Emblem Conquest" and delete all Hoshidan units from the game, since they are clearly not interested in them. Surprised they are even in the game at this point. Didn't want to be too obvious with the pandering? Well they clearly failed.

I realise older games still haven't gotten much or anything either at this point, but you have to admit that nothing justifies this crazy unbalance. The Hoshidan weren't that unpopular. Certainly more popular than Shigure ever was. I am sorry, but the Hoshidans are being treated like unimportant and unpopular side-characters that no one wants anything to do with. I am so tired.

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm expecting the actual Halloween banner to start ON Halloween and lasting throughout November. If the leaks are true then Jugdral will be the next banner so I'm safing for that. I'll still do the freebie roll and go for green. I wouldn't mind Inigo because I'd get a green dancer in the end which is great. 

That's what I expect to happen. This one will end right in time for Halloween itself, and unless there's a Japanese holiday I don't know of, November doesn't have anything they'd run a special banner during. So no problem having Halloween last through then.

And while limited unit banners are fine to have, this is getting pretty ridiculous. Aside from CYL, we've had back to back limited banners since June, and will continue into the end of December at the least. (watch there be New Year's units for January too)

Edited by Alkaid

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

Are you sure you are reading that effect correctly? cause that effect is really busted since shes a Dancer first and foremost.

I think he might be alluding to the fact that those boosts Azura's axe gives do not stack with the likes of Hone Cavalry/Fliers/Armor and Fortify Cavalry/Fliers/Armor. In other words, if you're running any one of those types of teams and have both of those skills for your respective type of team then that effect is essentially useless.

9 minutes ago, Thany said:

Not only is Azuras Weapon effect busted, it basicly broke the game. You dont need an Ephraim or Eirika anymore. You basicly can just run Nino with the new Azura and call it a day with added range to Nino, because you can just dance her...

10 minutes ago, Thany said:

Keep in mind that you have to dance first to give the boost, so the unit's first attack will not have the buffed effect, and if you're using the dance to retreat, the stat boost will be useless. If you already have hone Atk and Spd users on the team, the buffs don't stack either. It's not nearly as broken as it initially seems.

@Hilda I wouldn't go that far, with Eph/Eir you can have the bladetome user nuke two targets because you don't have to waste the dance just to apply the buffs. With Azura you need to use dance as a rally spectrum, which removes the option of using it to nuke twice or retreat.

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Not only is Azuras Weapon effect busted, it basicly broke the game. You dont need an Ephraim or Eirika anymore. You basicly can just run Nino with the new Azura and call it a day with added range to Nino, because you can just dance her...

Not necessarily. Having stats boosted at the start of the turn rather than needing to take an action, and THEN get danced in order to have the boosts is a significant difference.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Keep in mind that you have to dance first to give the boost, so the unit's first attack will not have the buffed effect, and if you're using the dance to retreat, the stat boost will be useless. If you already have hone Atk and Spd users on the team, the buffs don't stack either. It's not nearly as broken as it initially seems.

If you think that Azuras new Weapon isnt broken in combination with a Litrblade Nino or Delthea i dont know what to tell you :/

Hmmm... I guess I'll be opening everything except red since I want them all.  All of these dancers will be super helpful for Arena Assault.  I'm a little nervous about two characters sharing green, but I like both Inigo and Azura, so worst case scenario I may give one of them a few merges before getting the other... Thank god the banner is available for a month. 

Here's hoping I get Inigo in my first set of orbs so I don't feel tempted to spend money... I have 168 orbs right now thanks to some saving up and a gift card I got for my birthday.

4 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

Not necessarily. Having stats boosted at the start of the turn rather than needing to take an action, and THEN get danced in order to have the boosts is a significant difference.

Its easy to position you outside of danger, and then dance your Nino into the way of one shoting the oponent. Nohr Azura > Ephraim/Eirika in any way or form. She gives Nino that more range. You could previously Seperate Nino from her buffbots but now... Chances are Nohr Azura will sing Nino and kill your run

20 minutes ago, Thany said:

What that skill really does is a worse version of Fortify def and res. Heres the thing:

This is how you use dancer

You kill shit

You dance

Then you kill more shit or go back

So what did the genius at IS make that is clearly taken from Fates for muh thematic instead of actually using their brain? They make it so that you only gets stats boost if you did not use any buff on step 3. That weapon effect can be replaced with "increase def and res by 3 at the start of the turn" and its functional result will NOT change because no idiot in this world would use Dance as a set up if they can use it properly and you would rather have the atk and spd increase on step 1 where you kill shit

This isnt giving dancer a hone c slot. This is giving dancer rally and thats actually dumb on everything but Berkut or when you mostly dont need that buff to begin with(Reinhardt KO something he can already ko -> Azura dance giving her +6 damage that he might need -> ko something else

That shit is so badly designed it almost come on the level of Mega Beedrill

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think he might be alluding to the fact that those boosts Azura's axe gives do not stack with the likes of Hone Cavalry/Fliers/Armor and Fortify Cavalry/Fliers/Armor. In other words, if you're running any one of those types of teams and have both of those skills for your respective type of team then that effect is essentially useless.

I am alluding to the fact that Dancer is used as a follow up instead of starter. 

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

so

can we have herons, Tethys, Elphin/Lalum, Phina and Sylvia/Leen next time?

btw, i don't know what to do...

i'm waiting for the genealogy banner, which most likely will come out at half october (so that people will pay for that banner too), but these units are amazing, even though i already have azura, ninian and olivia

what to to... what to do...

Edited by Yexin

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

What that skill really does is a worse version of Fortify def and res. Heres the thing:

This is how you use dancer

You kill shit

You dance

Then you kill more shit or go back

So what did the genius at IS make that is clearly taken from Fates for muh thematic instead of actually using their brain? They make it so that you only gets stats boost on step 4. That weapon effect can be replaced with "increase def and res by 3 at the start of the turn" and its functional result will NOT change because no idiot in this world would use Dance as a set up if they can use it properly and you would rather have the atk and spd increase on step 1-4 

That shit is so badly designed it almost come on the level of Mega Beedrill

I am alluding to the fact that Dancer is used as a follow up instead of starter. 

I think you missed the point that sometimes you cant reach your oponent and Nohr Azura can make that possible with additional buffs granted to one shot your Enemy and still be safe afterwards duh. If you dont see how broken her Axe is in combination wiht Litrblade i dont know what to tell you. Besides you still have 2 other units in the Team that can give buffs out

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

It really seems like you ether haven’t realized, or are choosing to ignore the fact that Azura’s weapon boosts all four stats. Not just defense and res.

If you use Azura as a primary buffer she only give the weapons true benefit which is ATK and SPD without going against her role as a dancer if you need your dancer to reach your enemy before killing. 

Thats simply not how dancer is used in this game. Most of the time you use Dancer to mainly kill more or not get killed after your initial move

So to make up for it you use Hone A or Hone S

By that time why even fucking bother having that weapon then? 

The only time that weapon can actually have its full worth shown is on Berkut because your unit is separated but 90% of the time it does nothing that a C slot Hone cant offer you

That kind of effect was fine in Conquest because the situation where Dancer is used as a transportation to set up enemy phase is fairly common and enemy phase is relevant. Not so much in heroes where dancers are used for extra attacks or safety measure 90% of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think you missed the point that sometimes you cant reach your oponent and Nohr Azura can make that possible with additional buffs granted to one shot your Enemy and still be safe afterwards duh. If you dont see how broken her Axe is in combination wiht Litrblade i dont know what to tell you. Besides you still have 2 other units in the Team that can give buffs out

And you're ignoring the fact that the enemy that you're killing will likely be surrounded by other enemies, so you won't be safe afterwards, and since you just used your dance as a rally, you can't use the dance+draw back combo to safely retreat (unless you run 2 dancers, then RIP arena score). And if the other teammates have already given hone buffs, Azura's boost won't stack since those are visible buffs.

So no, she doesn't invalidate buffbots. You should still run a bladebuffer and use Azura's dance as an emergency option if your blade gets separated from your buffer.