Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

Definitely gonna try for at least Azura - best dancer in the group thanks to her unique Urdr weapon and its effect. Also need a green unit to be part of my Arena core. Wouldn't mind getting the other dancers though for the Assault modes.

Now if only lance Azura gets a new focus banner or becomes a pitybreaker when pulling for Shigure.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

The Azura upgrade looks very tempting and useful (plus the Nohrian dress is my favourite version of her's), but I don't think I'll pull on this one so I can save up orbs incase Micaiah gets released on a banner.

Technically you can peek into next 2 banners since this one apparently last until October

Prepare your sodium rush when they released Micaiah during 14th or so of November though

So, no Nils. :(

Though at least the units here are decent enough to pursue, especially Nohrzura and at least 1 of the others to be honest, not too picky as I have plenty of blue mages, Olivia might be a great dagger and Inigo could have be given Shigure's B to make him better. 

56 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

So, the new Blaze/Gale/Geyser Dance only mention "Sing" and "Dance". Is that gonna change while Elffin/Nils gets added with "Play", or are they just gonna miss out on the refresher skills? I dunno whether gacha laws would effect that or not.

I have this odd feeling that Elphin and Nils's command action was called "Sing" in Japanese, but I'd have to check (but I'd have to find my old GBA ROMs from wherever the hell they are).

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1. Urdhr's effect is clearly targeted at infantry (and armored) units and not cavalry or fliers. In those cases, depending on how you distribute your buffs, you likely only have one or two buffs up at a time unless you are running a dedicated buffing unit.
  2. Urdhr's effect is that it turns your assist skill into Sing + Rally Atk/Spd + Rally Def/Res, turning any one of those three skills into all three skills.
  3. If you're using your dancer as a "kill one enemy, dance, kill another enemy", you're not always going to need all of the buffs for one of those enemies (hell, you probably don't need all of the buffs for either of them).
  4. Buffs are active on enemy phase and aren't limited to Litrblade users.

Perhaps you don't find any use for the skill, but similarly, I don't find any use for Reinhardt or Brave Lyn besides dropping them on my defense team. That doesn't make them bad, though.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have this odd feeling that Elphin and Nils's command action was called "Sing" in Japanese, but I'd have to check (but I'd have to find my old GBA ROMs from wherever the hell they are).

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1. Urdhr's effect is clearly targeted at infantry (and armored) units and not cavalry or fliers. In those cases, depending on how you distribute your buffs, you likely only have one or two buffs up at a time unless you are running a dedicated buffing unit.
  2. Urdhr's effect is that it turns your assist skill into Sing + Rally Atk/Spd + Rally Def/Res, turning any one of those three skills into all three skills.
  3. If you're using your dancer as a "kill one enemy, dance, kill another enemy", you're not always going to need all of the buffs for one of those enemies (hell, you probably don't need all of the buffs for either of them).
  4. Buffs are active on enemy phase and aren't limited to Litrblade users.

Perhaps you don't find any use for the skill, but similarly, I don't find any use for Reinhardt or Brave Lyn besides dropping them on my defense team. That doesn't make them bad, though.

Honestly my knee jerk reaction is probably caused more because i'm a Hone ATK and Hone SPD fanatic than anything else. Even when i run infantry emblem i ALWAYS have Hone ATK and nowadays always SPD because 2 of my core infantry had that

In that case the skill was effectively "Rally Def/Res" when the situation calls for it.

EDIT: Mind after looking back one merits i would definitely say for it is in fact Horse Emblem, because it allows 2 Horse + Hector and Dancer comp to spread its buff to the main combat units

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

My main problem earlier was people just seeing the quad buff and immediately concluding that she outclasses Ephraim/Eirika despite the fact that the twins don't need to spend their turn to buff a blade user. Azura definitely has her place in the meta, but Litrblade buffing is not what it is.

Got hype for the banner, but took a step back and realized we'll be dealing with ranged refreshers now.  Meaning they'll be potentially moving after ranged nukes like Rein/B!Lyn/blade mages/BB archers on a more consistent basis.  I don't know if I'm ready for this.

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

My main problem earlier was people just seeing the quad buff and immediately concluding that she outclasses Ephraim/Eirika despite the fact that the twins don't need to spend their turn to buff a blade user. Azura definitely has her place in the meta, but Litrblade buffing is not what it is.

If you were using only passive buffs, then no, Azura doesn't replace Eirika or Ephraim, but if you were using the maximum +3/4/4/2 or +3/4/3/3, then Eirika or Ephraim was already spending their turn to do so, and Azura can get it done without needing to use any of her passive skill slots.

On a completely different note, I think I need to give Ninian Fire Dance now. This is definitely now the limited banner I most want to not be limited.

My waifu Azura looks lovely her artist improved definitely gonna try for her! and the best here 2nd is Olivia might try for her Shigure probably so I can get close to my Fates Vallite family just need Female Kana for completion!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you were using only passive buffs, then no, Azura doesn't replace Eirika or Ephraim, but if you were using the maximum +3/4/4/2 or +3/4/3/3, then Eirika or Ephraim was already spending their turn to do so, and Azura can get it done without needing to use any of her passive skill slots.

On a completely different note, I think I need to give Ninian Fire Dance now. This is definitely now the limited banner I most want to not be limited.

Why not just run both as I suggested earlier? Bladetome teams are usually comprised of blade, buffer and dancer anyways. Azura in this case can then be used as an emergency rallybot if your bladetome user gets separated from the buffer, and as a regular dancer otherwise. There's really no need to bench anyone except maybe the previous dancer on that team.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Why not just run both as I suggested earlier? Bladetome teams are usually comprised of blade, buffer and dancer anyways. Azura in this case can then be used as an emergency rallybot if your bladetome user gets separated from the buffer, and as a regular dancer otherwise. There's really no need to bench anyone except maybe the previous dancer on that team.

You could instead bench your buffer and run two dancers.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You could instead bench your buffer and run two dancers.

And kill my arena score as a result?

Besides, my bladetome team has 2 blade users so I need someone who can buff both simultaneously.

6 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I just realized... 4 dancer bonus units.  The arena is going to be scary next week.  :mellow:'

We are in the same world where our two cases of +1 Arena season which is Camus season and before CYL  involves Olivia and Horse Emblem as the bonus unit, and we just had CYL Olivia season i'm pretty sure we can survive thi- fuck i just remember AA would be fucking shitter

Uhhhh It builds character

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

We are in the same world where our two cases of +1 Arena season which is Camus season and before CYL  involves Olivia and Horse Emblem as the bonus unit, i'm pretty sure we can survive thi- fuck i just remember AA would be fucking shitter

Uhhhh It builds character

On the bright side, we now have 7 dancers total, one for each round of AA. Whale access only, of course.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

On the bright side, we now have 7 dancers total, one for each round of AA. Whale access only, of course.

Theres a small flaw with that argument with the way i am seeing it, and thats the fact that in reality you only would run 6 Dancer

For me its closer to like 5 though. Since battle 1 is Score padding, and Battle 7 is broken unit fest

Ok, dancer Inigo and Shigure are looking pretty darn fine. *heavy sweating*

Think I'll pull blues first and if I'm lucky enough to get Shigure pretty quick I'll try for Inigo too. Though for a minute I thought Shigure was a flying dancer. That would've been awesome.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Pretty unfair IMO to bring out 4 dancers as special heroes. Truth be told I only have one dancer, Olivia, but I might get the other two down the road. 4 limited dancers put f2p players under pressure, if we dont get them now we might never get them. In regard to AA it would be pretty awesome to have 7 dancers :)

Just btw, what do you guys think, will special units return on special occasions?

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Also does anyone familiar with arena AI know if the ranged dancers will move before or after units like Rein or Lyn?

Also, @shadowofchaos is probably going to go broke from this

I was saving up orbs to 999 and 1000 storage.

But I guess all 280 of those are gonna disappear.

URGH Aqua and Azure are both Green.

Edited by shadowofchaos

General observations:

• Shouldn't this be called the "Dancing All Night" focus?
  • Shigure inherited Chrom's habit of only wearing one sleeve, apparently he thought that exposing one of his legs was tacky.
  • The name of Azura's weapon is Old Norse for "fate".
  • Shigure using the pendant and his dialogue during the trailer makes me wonder if he comes from the Heirs of Fate universe.

It will be nice to not have to worry about saving my Dancers in Arena Assault anymore.  Plus more HM, since my Dancers are all maxed right now.