Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

Being upset about feeling like you're wasting your money on a roll when you got all 3 stars is okay.

Being upset about rolling a non focus 5 star and ruining your fiance's pity rate is okay.

Speaking for more than yourself about how "practically no one wants these units" simply because IS didn't pander to your tastes over a celebration banner is asking to get ripped apart by people.

Your bahavior about banners you don't like haven't changed, Ana.

Not since Blazing Shadows. Not one bit.

The only difference is you're not complaining about Ike not being in the game yet.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Right, I'm being selfish when I'm referring to the fandom itself, not just me. Makes a lot of sense. I'm sorry, but I saw a LOT of people expecting/asking for Halloween. Why would I believe they'd prefer some singing and dancing banner instead? I'm going by what I've seen in comments lately and even long before September. People expected Halloween for the October banner. I'm thinking of what everyone as well as myself had asked for/been expecting. Not just me. I am not selfish and would never act that way (intentionally).

IS was listening to the fans so well with this game before, now all of a sudden they're like "they want Halloween costumes? Nah, let's give them random dancers and singers instead!" What a slap to our faces.

Also, I would advise not turning this into a thread derailment. If you want to continue this, PM me. I will ignore you otherwise.

It's still running throughout just about all of October, which is the month of Halloween.

Well, what did you expect for summer stuff? xP The main thing people do in warm weather is swim. lol

Oh, I see. Yeah, those Americans would be ignorant.

Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting tidbit there.

Might as well add my two quick cents here, while I'm talking about the rest: yeah, people were expecting Hallowe'en. But I don't think that many of them are torn up over the fact we get four guaranteed meta units instead, all Modern, including that Noh!Azura people wanted for a Fates TT that dates back to the second one. And again, there's nothing really stopping an October's end through November banner that runs during Hallowe'en (and on the subject of Hallowed tidbits, the three day event of Allhallowtide that Hallowe'en is the celebration of the start of. Yes, calling it a November event is pretty accurate when you're not too stuffed about Thanksgiving or other November holidays).

And as for the Summer thing, I just don't find swimming and bikinis a draw. But I guess some other celebration of summer is too much to ask. This event feels more fun to me, as someone who, again, doesn't care for the characters running around.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And nope. It's my choice. Why should I pull on a banner that has no units I would care to get?

Because there is a chance that you get a non-focus of a character that you do want? And worse case scenario you get 1000 feathers.

You should try to be more open to things. Think of it like real life sports. If a player on the Steelers was super good, like the best at his position, would you hate him just because he was ugly?

Some of these units have the potential to be amazing, and they could compliment some of your favorites very well while also being able to dance/sing for them to get another action. Think of them as cheerleaders to your favs.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

With this banner running through all of October, there's no time for Halloween now. Halloween is not in November, it's in October. The better thing would've been to make October's seasonal banner a Halloween one and save this singing and dancing one for November, imo.

There have been multiple banners at the same time. The two summer banners over lapped for a little bit. With Halloween being the last day of the month there is a high chance that there will still be a Halloween banner.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...This isn't Halloween.

This banner ends on October 30, and the characters from it would be the bonus units for the first two weeks of October, neither of which line up for Halloween.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And this banner runs a month like the other seasonal ones have. That kills any chance of a Halloween banner.

An event banner that begins with week before Halloween would perfectly line up to have the bonus units in the Arena during Halloween itself.

I made this observation earlier this week:

On 9/26/2017 at 3:08 PM, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely random note, I realized that if this is going to be a Halloween banner, it would be a bit odd to (1) have the banner end on Halloween itself and (2) have the arena bonus units be the banner units for the first half of October instead of the second half of October. If a Halloween banner starts around the 27th of October, give or take, it'd be just in time to have the banner's bonus units overlap Halloween. (And the two summer banners did overlap each other, so there's nothing stopping an end-of-October banner from overlapping this one.)

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not pulling on this banner. Not even the free pull. I don't want any of these at all nor do I want to risk getting one. I'd just send them home for feathers.

You're the person who complains the most about not having the units or resources to complete hard content, and this is not helping your case.

Free feathers are free feathers. Not using the free pull is your loss no matter how you look at it.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Might as well add my two quick cents here, while I'm talking about the rest: yeah, people were expecting Hallowe'en. But I don't think that many of them are torn up over the fact we get four guaranteed meta units instead, all Modern, including that Noh!Azura people wanted for a Fates TT that dates back to the second one. And again, there's nothing really stopping an October's end through November banner that runs during Hallowe'en (and on the subject of Hallowed tidbits, the three day event of Allhallowtide that Hallowe'en is the celebration of the start of. Yes, calling it a November event is pretty accurate when you're not too stuffed about Thanksgiving or other November holidays).

And as for the Summer thing, I just don't find swimming and bikinis a draw. But I guess some other celebration of summer is too much to ask. This event feels more fun to me, as someone who, again, doesn't care for the characters running around.

Meta units? How so? We already have three dancers, one of which is extremely easy to get since she's in the daily rotation and available as a 3 star pull, and another of which has been on numerous banners, a couple of them fairly recently. By now, lots of people would have them.

If people want them because they like how they look, okay. Halloween could've done that too though, and probably much better.

How is calling Halloween a November event when it falls in, you know, OCTOBER? And by the end of the month, I'm all Halloween'd out and I'll no longer want to pull for or use any Halloween units. I barely even use Summer Freddy anymore now because summer is over. I'm summer'd out. I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same as me here. Do people dress up in costumes and collect candy in November? I don't think so. Not unless they had to delay Halloween itself because of bad weather, I suppose.

Fair enough, I suppose. I myself would've liked summer dresses, honestly. But I'm okay with swimsuits too.

Is this supposed to be a temporary banner or not?

Just would like to confirm, as obviously the banner has got more dancers then we had before now and all. (Turns out it even finishes on my birthday, so that might be a factor)

I'm also thinking it'll be a late October for the Hallow'een banner. Considering it'll be around my birthday, if it is a great one I might finally crack.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, I'm not losing anything here. And with this banner running through all of October, there's no time for Halloween now. Halloween is not in November, it's in October. The better thing would've been to make October's seasonal banner a Halloween one and save this singing and dancing one for November, imo.

Also, I'm just predicting IS is losing money on this banner, that's all.

As I've been repeatedly saying, it still runs through all of October. No time left for Halloween unless it gets a 15 day banner in the middle of the month which would be lame after we got month long summer banners as well as this singing and dancing one.

Also, the Easter banner ended before Easter, remember.

Losing money? Really? This banner has four dancers, with strong skills, so a lot of people will be pulling from this banners for gameplay reasons alone, especially since this banner is limited, so people are going to be desperate to get a least one in time. So no, IS will not lose money, quite the opposite in fact. 

Also, if the Easter banner ended before Easter, what's stopping them from making the Halloween banner after Halloween? Besides there's nothing special on November.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

This banner ends on October 30, and the characters from it would be the bonus units for the first two weeks of October, neither of which line up for Halloween.

Read what I said before. If you remember, the Easter banner ended before Easter too.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Quick question: if Inigo is the Indigo Dancer, why isn't he the one with the Blue Tome?

MINDBLOWN. 

Watch, there's some guy sitting in his department going, "I did a great job designing this character." And his co-worker comes by and asks this very question. The poor guy realizes his error and the potential for such a perfect theme, flips his desk, and resigns. 

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pretty sure practically no one wants these units.

even ignoring the fact that dancers are literally guaranteed to be useful (even base three-star olivia is worth using if you have nothing else) and that all of these have completely unique weapon types that compete with no other characters in the series except arguably lara

singer shigure and dancer inigo have been popular ideas practically for as long as they've existed, and seeing them come to fruition not only as real characters but as some of the most incredibly unique units in the entire series is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more exciting than generic halloween costumes to me at least

getting an olivia that doesn't have art that makes me want to kill myself and a non-wasted-potential version of dark azura is nice too

Edited by Iridium

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Just would like to confirm, as obviously the banner has got more dancers then we had before now and all. (Turns out it even finishes on my birthday, so that might be a factor)

I'm also thinking it'll be a late October for the Hallow'een banner. Considering it'll be around my birthday, if it is a great one I might finally crack.

It says the units 'May or may not return in the future' so probably yes. I wish they would add the seasonal units to the regular summoning roulette. 

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Losing money? Really? This banner has four dancers, with strong skills, so a lot of people will be pulling from this banners for gameplay reasons alone, especially since this banner is limited, so people are going to be desperate to get a least one in time. So no, IS will not lose money, quite the opposite in fact. 

Also, if the Easter banner ended before Easter, what's stopping them from making the Halloween banner after Halloween? Besides there's nothing special on November.

Yeah, losing money. If people want dancers, Olivia is literally free. Ninian has been on several banners, they could've pulled for her instead. Azura was also on one banner a while back, though it was quite some time ago since it was the first Hero Fest. I would understand bringing her back.

Why pull on this banner when most players by now have Olivia and possibly Ninian too? Hell, I have all three of them, though that's just me. I definitely know not everyone does.

2 minutes ago, Iridium said:

even ignoring the fact that dancers are literally guaranteed to be useful (even base three-star olivia is worth using if you have nothing else) and that all of these have completely unique weapon types that compete with no other characters in the series except arguably lara

singer shigure and dancer inigo have been popular ideas practically for as long as they've existed, and seeing them come to fruition not only as real characters but as some of the most incredibly unique units in the entire series waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more exciting than generic halloween costumes to me at least

getting an olivia that doesn't have art that makes me want to kill myself and a non-wasted-potential version of dark azura is nice too

1. Do you know for sure Halloween costumes would've been generic? One or more of them could've also been dancers/singers! There is SO much potential for them!

2. Like you said, Olivia is useful. She's also FREE. Everyone should have her by now.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I barely even use Summer Freddy anymore now because summer is over. I'm summer'd out. I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same as me here. Do people dress up in costumes and collect candy in November? I don't think so. Not unless they had to delay Halloween itself because of bad weather, I suppose.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

why are you upset that the banner is providing units that you can use year-round instead of units that you will apparently lose all desire to use on november 1

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This is a limited banner. The Japanese banner uses the wording "超英雄", and the English banner uses the wording "Special Heroes".

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Like you said, Olivia is useful. She's also FREE. Everyone should have her by now.

Arena Assault is a thing, and you can't use Olivia more than once in an Arena Assault run.

Honestly, I'm so used to playing gacha games that I'm afraid that I'm actually going to be spending money in Heroes because I haven't spent money in Heroes yet. And I've already paid with real money in another gacha game so spending money in both is gonna break my bank RIP

Limited gachas are always so torturous but I really want that Dancer Inigo...............

I'm curious tho, has Heroes done anything like revival gachas before? Revival gachas are basically gachas that bring back limited sets, or in this case banners, so people have another chance to nab one of the Heroes from a limited banner. Usually revival gachas only happen during a big milestone celebration like how many people have download the game, or even the game's anniversary.

Read what I said before. If you remember, the Easter banner ended before Easter too.

Easter shows up whenever it feels like.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Meta units? How so? We already have three dancers, one of which is extremely easy to get since she's in the daily rotation and available as a 3 star pull, and another of which has been on numerous banners, a couple of them fairly recently. By now, lots of people would have them.

If people want them because they like how they look, okay. Halloween could've done that too though, and probably much better.

How is calling Halloween a November event when it falls in, you know, OCTOBER? And by the end of the month, I'm all Halloween'd out and I'll no longer want to pull for or use any Halloween units. I barely even use Summer Freddy anymore now because summer is over. I'm summer'd out. I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same as me here. Do people dress up in costumes and collect candy in November? I don't think so. Not unless they had to delay Halloween itself because of bad weather, I suppose.

Fair enough, I suppose. I myself would've liked summer dresses, honestly. But I'm okay with swimsuits too.

Arena Assault, dancers of other colours for different situations (my Infernal Ninian/Hawkeye clear would've been less scary if I had a blue dancer instead of a red), and ranged dancers have different niches and different AI order- people will have fun with this one.

Have you seen their track record with holiday banners? I think you're hyping the Hallowe'en banner too much to not get disappointed when it happens.

I'm talking about Allhallowtide, which runs through the start of November. Sure, it's obscure, but at least you can be technically correct in calling it November. Also, see Ice Dragon's point about the bonus unit's timing.

I don't think people were "brided out" when they continued using their Cordelias. The only reason I don't bother with my Bridal Caeda is because she's of a poor nature.

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

why are you upset that the banner is providing units that you can use year-round instead of units that you will apparently lose all desire to use on november 1

Because I don't care for them as I've said? I'm much more interested in Halloween costumes at this time of year, not silly dancers and singers. I'm not into cross dressing either, which is basically what Inigo is doing. That outfit looks very girly imo.

And if a Halloween banner drops too late, yeah, I won't be interested in using those units anymore because Halloween will be over. As I said, nobody puts on costumes and hands out/collects candy in November (unless there's a Halloween delay). Dunno what the rest of the world does in November, but in America, we put our Halloween stuff away and start getting ready for Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why pull on this banner when most players by now have Olivia and possibly Ninian too? Hell, I have all three of them, though that's just me. I definitely know not everyone does.

Because all 4 of these units have unique weapon types for a dancer.

If I have Ike, Nowi, and Tana as my 3 best units why would I want Olivia, Azura, or Ninian when I already have a sword, lance, and blue breath unit?

Guess what? A dancer with and Axe or Green tome would fit perfectly on this team!

Because I don't care for them as I've said? I'm much more interested in Halloween costumes at this time of year, not silly dancers and singers.

Well guess what? You are going to get both.

6 hours ago, Sproutling said:

FOUR new dancers, and every single one of them is from either Fates or Awakening? Come on now. I actually like both Awakening and Fates, but even I'm getting a little tired of it.

That being said, I'll still pull from this banner because dancers are just plain useful and Azura in particular looks too good to pass up. Though I'm miffed that her weapon is so much better than all the others.

Let's be fair, they've been focusing on older games for about a month now.

1 minute ago, carefreejules said:

I'm curious tho, has Heroes done anything like revival gachas before?

Not yet, but this game has only been out for a bit over half a year. Give them a year. Most players are expecting these banners to reprise for the same occasion next year.

I'm not into cross dressing either, which is basically what Inigo is doing. That outfit looks very girly imo.

Looks like a pretty standard fantasy-setting Arabian outfit to me.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I don't think people were "brided out" when they continued using their Cordelias. The only reason I don't bother with my Bridal Caeda is because she's of a poor nature.

Brides are for weddings, not for any specific holiday. Weddings can take place at any time of the year, they just happen in June most often for Japan. Nobody celebrates Christmas in January or Easter in May or as I said, Halloween in November.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Well guess what? You are going to get both.

It can't happen at this point though. It wouldn't make any sense. And even if it did, I'd no longer want to pull for them, personally. Maybe others will, and that's cool for them. But for me? Eh.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

If I have Ike, Nowi, and Tana as my 3 best units why would I want Olivia, Azura, or Ninian when I already have a sword, lance, and blue breath unit?

I just make sure I have room for an extra red or blue depending on if I need to use Olivia or Azura. Take Nowi off and use Ninian and you still have your blue breath unit.