Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Serious question, here. Someone mentioned back then that "spring brides" were a thing.

I mean, I know they are in some western cultures, but are they in Japan?

Edit, looked it up, and oh, wow, it is. "June Bride" is actually a thing in Japan.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

June is a popular time to get married in Japan.

The thing started in Rome IIRC. Japan just adopted it.

May and June came near the time when people would take their yearly bath.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Apparently. Google gave me this: http://www.japanupdate.com/2015/06/june-brides-and-okinawa-wedding-traditions/

I mean, seems legit.

Side note, I love your signature.

Bad Civilization! (Now why did I get Altera instead of Drake?! WHY?! RIP all my quartz...)

Edited by dragonlordsd

34 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, Shigure now being there means that his original one can exist as well. After all, we had Spring Xander before the original Xander. Original Shigure is sure to eventually come as well.

But we still have no normal Charlotte D=. So we don't know when he will arrive. And I still want more from other fe titles.
My guess is also that we have Awakening/Fate characters in Special banners to satisfy the Awakening/Fate Crowd. And the other banners are for filling in other fire emblems for the moment.

Edited by Stroud

14 minutes ago, Aera said:

I come back to SF sometimes just to see what people are saying about the new banner, and I happen to see you complaining. 

I think it's not worth it to not pull just a couple from this banner. I have all three dancers, and I really want these units, lol. I've wanted Inigo, not Laslow, since release.  I think you'd just have to give the banner a try. There's nothing wrong with the dancers, they're more help than anything. If you try to get at least one unit from this banner, you have a 100% chance of getting a dancer. 

Also, they can function as a non-dancer and a regular unit. These units, without sing/dance equipped, can function as regular units and can be danced/sung to as well. 

Yeah, sorry, I'm just really disappointed this isn't a Halloween banner. I don't mean to offend anyone...

Well, it's my choice not to pull. I wanted Inigo in the game eventually too. But not this way, personally.

Man, and I was planning on finally upgrading Olivia to 5* tomorrow, too. I mean, I'm still gonna do it, but I'll feel really silly.

Anyway this is the best seasonal banner yet and I want all of them. Planning on starting out with pulling green until I get one of the two (hopefully Azura), then I'll wait a bit to see what's coming later in the month before spending more orbs.

Azura's weapon won't often reach its full potential, but regardless, it's really good and I think it confirms the power creep of post-CYL legendary weapons. There's no way we would have gotten something like this beforehand.

It's certainly possible that we'll get a Halloween banner at the end of the month, but that seems a bit late. What time periods have other gacha games run their Halloween banners for?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Meta units? How so? We already have three dancers, one of which is extremely easy to get since she's in the daily rotation and available as a 3 star pull, and another of which has been on numerous banners, a couple of them fairly recently. By now, lots of people would have them.

If people want them because they like how they look, okay. Halloween could've done that too though, and probably much better.

How is calling Halloween a November event when it falls in, you know, OCTOBER? And by the end of the month, I'm all Halloween'd out and I'll no longer want to pull for or use any Halloween units. I barely even use Summer Freddy anymore now because summer is over. I'm summer'd out. I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same as me here. Do people dress up in costumes and collect candy in November? I don't think so. Not unless they had to delay Halloween itself because of bad weather, I suppose.

Fair enough, I suppose. I myself would've liked summer dresses, honestly. But I'm okay with swimsuits too.

As someone who was most looking forward to the Halloween banner, I'm can't believe how excited I am for this. Somehow, they've made me forget about the Halloween banner (which may still occur as others have said) because they are giving me something I've wanted since before Heroes - a Dancer Inigo and a Singing Shigure!

Not only that, but the units look absolutely fantastic to me. I even want Olivia and Azura, although the guys will be my priority. I have all three dancers already but, like a lot of people, they're maxed HM and I've been wanting more options for a long time. I'm afraid you will be in the minority with this.

On a sidenote, the seasonal units I still use a lot are Summer Xander and Spring Chrom. I also use Spring Xander and Summer Camilla every now and then. I've recently built Summer Gaius up to use as an anti-Lyn, so these units do still get used regularly by many if they're useful. Sadly, dagger units don't tend to be as useful, so Summer Freddy remains benched, but I might see about building him into an anti-Lyn, too. Depends if he can two shot her with daggerbreaker.

I was angry about the last banner, but I faced facts. It was going to make money. It had Elincia. There is no way a banner with four dancers is not going to make money.

And we can still cross our fingers for a Halloween banner :)

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

If you're upset about getting Altera, she'll deem you as bad civilization too.

I'm sure I will come to love her, just as I did S!Alter.

Anyway, back on topic.

For anyone thinking this is a weak banner, here are a few points:

1st, A study on reddit of 3,500 arena matches found that Azura is the most common unit. The new Azura is strictly better.

Although her buffs will rarely come into play on offense, when they do occur, they will hit hard.

Also, she can be run alongside Eirika, to allow blade tome users to "double dip" (hones only last through "next action" remember?)

2nd, All the units other than Azura are great fodder, as their skills are inheritable, so they can take any good dancer and make them better.

3rd, Tome dancers are likely to be far more valuable in our new, Lyn-heavy meta, than any of the existing dancers, since they can run triangle adept and raven tomes.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's certainly possible that we'll get a Halloween banner at the end of the month, but that seems a bit late. What time periods have other gacha games run their Halloween banners for?

Generally it's about a week, give or take. Sometimes they'll run longer because there's an event going on with that gacha. For IDOLiSH7, which is the main gacha game that I'm playing right now (it's a Japanese mobile rhythm game), their Halloween gacha, last year, started on October 21st and then it went through until the beginning of November. 

1 minute ago, Othin said:

and I think it confirms the power creep of post-CYL legendary weapons.

I'm not seeing this at all.

We have three data points right now, which is in no way enough to make any judgment:

1. Amiti has Speed +3 as its passive ability.
  2. Alondite has Distant Counter as its passive ability.
  3. Urdhr has Rally Atk/Spd and Rally Def/Res as its "passive" ability.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

(hones only last through "next action" remember?)

Buffs last until the beginning of your next player phase. Debuffs last until the unit's next action.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

3rd, Tome dancers are likely to be far more valuable in our new, Lyn-heavy meta, than any of the existing dancers, since they can run triangle adept and raven tomes.

Cancel Affinity (which I see pretty often in the 714+ range) breaks Triangle Adept, and Lyn can break though Triangle Adept Litrraven uses who have low Def regardless of Cancel Affinity.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Buffs last until the beginning of your next player phase. Debuffs last until the unit's next action.

That's Rallies.

Rally Text: Grants Spd+4 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.

Hone Text: Grants adjacent allies Spd+4 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Also, anyone who runs CA on bow!Lyn just gets Hector to the face. I mean, you could run fire sweep, but I haven't seen that yet.

Edited by dragonlordsd

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, losing money. If people want dancers, Olivia is literally free. Ninian has been on several banners, they could've pulled for her instead. Azura was also on one banner a while back, though it was quite some time ago since it was the first Hero Fest. I would understand bringing her back.

Why pull on this banner when most players by now have Olivia and possibly Ninian too? Hell, I have all three of them, though that's just me. I definitely know not everyone does.

1. Do you know for sure Halloween costumes would've been generic? One or more of them could've also been dancers/singers! There is SO much potential for them!

2. Like you said, Olivia is useful. She's also FREE. Everyone should have her by now.

I don't think you understood my point. Yes, there is a free dancer, and yes there other two dancers, but tell me, are they ranged? Is any of them green? Do they have a legendary weapon that can buff all stats? No! The new units from this banner can do things that the regular dancer can't! That's why people want them! Not because they can just dance, but because of the other roles they can fill, allowing them to fufill many roles at once! 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it's my choice not to pull. I wanted Inigo in the game eventually too. But not this way, personally.

I want Inigo as a mercenary too. Maybe he will eventually come. Until then, I can have Laslow.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, further correction:

Hones do not wear off at the end of your turn. They last until the unit takes action, and can persist through the enemy's turn as well.

(Not trying to keep harping on you, just want to be correct. I'm very sorry. You are a wonderful person.)

Edited by dragonlordsd

5 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

That's Rallies.

Rally Text: Grants Spd+4 to an adjacent ally until the end of the turn.

Hone Text: Grants adjacent allies Spd+4 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Both of those descriptions are, in fact, wrong.

How do you think Fortify Cavalry Xander works on enemy phase if you lose your buff when you end your turn?

5 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Also, anyone who runs CA on bow!Lyn just gets Hector to the face. I mean, you could run fire sweep, but I haven't seen that yet.

You pick who you get countered by with your build. Also, I have seen Firesweep Bow+ on at least one Lyn so far.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not seeing this at all.

We have three data points right now, which is in no way enough to make any judgment:

1. Amiti has Speed +3 as its passive ability.
  2. Alondite has Distant Counter as its passive ability.
  3. Urdhr has Rally Atk/Spd and Rally Def/Res as its "passive" ability.

Alondite is a normal legendary weapon, but that seems to be because of it being free. So I guess I should have said legendary weapons on banner characters.

Normally, brave melee weapons have 8 Mt and -5 Spd, while brave ranged weapons have 7 Mt and -5 Spd. Compared to that standard, Dire Thunder has +2 Mt, while Amiti has +3 Mt and +3 Spd. That's a major upgrade, and one that fits with how the CYL legendary weapons have the equivalent of two level 3 skills instead of one level 2 skill.

Azura's weapon appears to have the equivalent of Blaze Dance 2, Gale Dance 2, and Geyser Dance 1. That's three level 2 skills.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

How do you think Fortify Cavalry Xander works on enemy phase if you lose your buff when you end your turn?

Just put that in an updated comment. Hones last through multiple turns until unit is interacted with or moves on a turn after the turn the buff was applied.

Debuffs are the only thing that always counts moving as an "action" even on the same turn.

Edited by dragonlordsd

45 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

June is popular for weddings everywhere.  It's usually got good weather, but not overbearingly hot like July or August.  Of course, I got married in May.

I don’t know how performing arts are in Japanese schools but a lot of performing arts events (choirs, orchestras, dance groups) in schools take place in autumn when compared to springtime at least in American schools.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Normally, brave melee weapons have 8 Mt and -5 Spd, while brave ranged weapons have 7 Mt and -5 Spd. Compared to that standard, Dire Thunder has +2 Mt, while Amiti has +3 Mt and +3 Spd. That's a major upgrade, and one that fits with how the CYL legendary weapons have the equivalent of two level 3 skills instead of one level 2 skill.

I'd personally argue that "being a brave weapon" is not a skill and that Dire Thunder simply got (rightly) gypped of having a bonus skill. Dire Thunder is -5 Atk relative to a legendary ranged weapon, and Amiti is -5 Atk relative to a legendary melee weapon.

As such Amiti has Speed +3, which is a single third-tier skill.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Azura's weapon appears to have the equivalent of Blaze Dance 2, Gale Dance 2, and Geyser Dance 1. That's three level 2 skills.

Of which having only one or two of which would be absurdly weak.

6 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Just put that in an updated comment. Hones last through multiple turns until unit is interacted with or moves on a turn after the turn the buff was applied.

Elincia has Hone Fliers on her. I moved her and ended her turn. The buff is still there:

Spoiler

C47eadX.jpg

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I don’t know how performing arts are in Japanese schools but a lot of performing arts events (choirs, orchestras, dance groups) in schools take place in autumn when compared to springtime at least in American schools.

This banner is titled "優雅なる舞踏祭" in Japanese, "Elegant Dance Festival".