Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

It doesn’t. They’re both different colors anyway so Azura Alter doesn’t take a space that normal Azura would have occupied instead.

With positioning skills becoming preferred over Dance by a large margin, I don’t see the harm in making better Dance units.

Me neither, I like it a lot!

It may not be a huge powercreep, but there is quite a difference between a dancer having a hone spd/atk+4 skill and a dancer having a atkspddefres+3 skill. I would definitely want the latter.

Damn, I am still shocked they made such a good banner.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

As long as you don’t let Inigo or Linde heal each other, it seems pretty great actually.

Green and Blue are great to have as ranged options, and the green doubles as a Dancer which gives you more flexibility with your other two slots. A red dragon like Adult Tiki or Lightning Breath Young Tiki can handle Brave Lyn and you can throw on a Physical X unit to round it out.

This sounds.... Absolutely disgusting.

I love it.

I also love the whole influx of fanart in many places. People are hyped. Dancers needed some love.

Decided that I'm pulling for Greens and Colorless. If I manage to get Olivia, I'll start pulling Green and Blue (or if I manage to get the 2 greens, I'll do colorless and blue).

Hope that October orbs help me get at least 2 of those, specially Olivia and Azura. 

Are they using Azura's name as a placeholder for the Dancer in black?  I know we saw this character for one scene in Conquests, but that wasn't Azura, since she wears white and is a completely different character.  It will be nice to finally find out who it is, like with Zacharias.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are they using Azura's name as a placeholder for the Dancer in black?  I know we saw this character for one scene in Conquests, but that wasn't Azura, since she wears white and is a completely different character.  It will be nice to finally find out who it is, like with Zacharias.

I think its Niles...

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Some people suppose it was Azura. How difficult would it have been for her to change clothes?

45 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

With positioning skills becoming preferred over Dance by a large margin, I don’t see the harm in making better Dance units.

That's true. Dancers have a lot of valuable utility, but their inability to grant/receive cavalry/flier buffs results in a big cost to using them in the current meta, and cavalry/flier dancers would be kind of nuts.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Some people have figured it out already.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's true. Dancers have a lot of valuable utility, but their inability to grant/receive cavalry/flier buffs results in a big cost to using them in the current meta, and cavalry/flier dancers would be kind of nuts.

We dodged it this time with Shigure not being a flier, but the herons could still be added to the game, which would give us 2 flying singers.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Losing one Hone/Fortify Cavalry/Flier is not big deal when you have three others.

DAAAAAYYUUUMMMMMM INIGO.

Pulling Green and Blue this banner with the few orbs that I have.  The 4* Olivia I already have (but barely use) is sufficient for any dancing needs.  Moe characters still make me want to stab an icepick through my eyes and ears, though, so....no thanks.

BUT INIGO AND SHIGURE.  I also don't have Azura yet, so I'll be glad to pick her up while pulling Green as well.  I need one of these peeps, at least.  The 4* Olivia is the ONLY dancing/singing unit that I have thus far.

Shoot, I hope a Halloween banner doesn't start the day before Halloween. Summer Ylisseans was totally a bait for Summer Nohrians which had the flying mage.

But really any new dancers are a sweet deal.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Losing one Hone/Fortify Cavalry/Flier is not big deal when you have three others.

Yeah, this is where I stand. Having a dancer is at least as valuable to a cav team as a fourth cav buff, typically more. Reposition/drawback is a decent supplement, but neither of them can give Reinhardt or a blade tome mage a second turn.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This made me laugh way harder than it should have.

26 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Though, I kind of wish that Ninian and Nils were in the banner as well...

I want Nils too!

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

There is precedent for a flying dancer in FE after all. Wonder when the day he joins Heroes will come.

2 hours ago, Othin said:
  • They're based on silver weapons, like every other legendary weapon, and they have Atk and Spd penalties in exchange for the powerful brave effect. Amiti's penalties are smaller.

Amiti's penalties are exactly the same, but Amiti has Speed +3 as a passive skill on top of that. We have exactly one precedent for a Brave unique weapon, which is drastically different from any other type of unique weapon, which is not enough to determine how its effects are weighted. We know it was made stronger in a relative stats sense compared to Dire Thunder, but we don't have the information to attribute why it was made stronger specifically to the existence of the CYL weapons.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

That's not really relevant. Stacking three level 2 skills is something that makes sense for a post-CYL legendary weapon but not a pre-CYL one.

Actually, it is. There has never been a strict rule of one second-tier skill for each weapon. In particular,

• Distant Counter is a tier-less skill
  • Falchion and Naga have two separate effects, one of which is fully a second-tier skill
  • Cursed Lance has the Killer weapon effect on top of a truncated Fury 2
  • Vidofnir has Close Def 3.5 minus the breath weapon piece
  • Dark Aura has Hone Atk 5 minus ranged weapons
  • Ragnarok has who-knows-how-that-translates-in-terms-of-skill-tiers

and all of these weapons have existed before CYL weapons existed.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Ice Dragon: it has begun.

We should petition for this to be a bannable offense.

28 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Though, I kind of wish that Ninian and Nils were in the banner as well...

I want Nils too!

Nohrian Ninian and Nils. I'm on board.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hone and Fortify become redundant in multiples, but Goad doesn't. I'd rather turn that +6/6/6/6 into +10/10/6/6.

Olivia and Inigo seem to be the weakest as a Dancer since their weapons don't give their Dance a buff... but then again, Shigures special dancing buff is recovering HP, which could prove detrimental to someone who relies on something like Desperation to net guaranteed kills...

So basically Azura is the best dancer of the bunch because her weapon grants +3 all stat to whoever is danced, and she can still equip Wings of Mercy while coming with TA3 by default. Interesting... guess I'll have to focus on Green orbs this time around... thank god I stopped summoning when I still had 125 orbs in the Crimeans banner.

Some people are saying that if Inigo has the right stat spread (really important because super low BST), he could be a Gronnraven mage that can check both Reinhardt and CYL Lyn WHILE being a dancer. So just from skills alone, Azura looks like the best, but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Olivia and Inigo seem to be the weakest as a Dancer since their weapons don't give their Dance a buff... but then again, Shigures special dancing buff is recovering HP, which could prove detrimental to someone who relies on something like Desperation to net guaranteed kills...

So basically Azura is the best dancer of the bunch because her weapon grants +3 all stat to whoever is danced, and she can still equip Wings of Mercy while coming with TA3 by default. Interesting... guess I'll have to focus on Green orbs this time around... thank god I stopped summoning when I still had 125 orbs in the Crimeans banner.

I'd say at first glance, Olivia is definitely the weakest because she's a dagger. Shigure and Inigo have access to blade tomes, owl tomes or raven tomes for way more utility outside of just dancing.

I'm interested in Olivia for the combination of dancer and dagger for training units. If her Atk stat ends up too high, you can just downgrade her weapon. Also Distant Def is an excellent A skill for any dancer to survive more attacks, and her blaze dance skill is a B slot allowing her to have another C skill buff.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, this is where I stand. Having a dancer is at least as valuable to a cav team as a fourth cav buff, typically more. Reposition/drawback is a decent supplement, but neither of them can give Reinhardt or a blade tome mage a second turn.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Look at this way:

Some of the toughest, most frustrating defense teams to go up against do not run a Dancer. And no, it’s not because there are more buffs to go around. Rather, it’s the fact that the AI is more likely to hold the team together in a tight formation, spamming positioning assists as the squadron advances onto your team like a rolling, buffed ball of death. Dancers don’t work in this setup since they allow units to more easily charge forward ahead the rest of the pack, which makes the formation prone to baiting.

Reinhardt and Brave Lyn are the most notable threats in arena now, but their movement makes them easy to bait if they are not paired with other units of the same Mov type. With most teams having a dedicated hard counter or two to them, being able to lure and KO them harmlessly means that over half the battle is won. Enemy Dancers can facilitate exactly that.

To be fair, Dancer movement in general is hard to predict, so it is somewhat of a double-edged sword.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We should petition for this to be a bannable offense.

Nohrian Ninian and Nils. I'm on board.

Not until you start cracking down on the scrubs that confuse DRAW Back with DRAG Back.

I see you too are a man of culture.

Look at this way:

Some of the toughest, most frustrating defense teams to go up against do not run a Dancer. And no, it’s not because there are more buffs to go around. Rather, it’s the fact that the AI is more likely to hold the team together in a tight formation, spamming positioning assists as the squadron advances onto your team like a rolling, buffed ball of death. Dancers don’t work in this setup since they allow units to more easily charge forward ahead the rest of the pack, which makes the formation prone to baiting.

Reinhardt and Brave Lyn are the most notable threats in arena now, but their movement makes them easy to bait if they are not paired with other units of the same Mov type. With most teams having a dedicated hard counter or two to them, being able to lure and KO them harmlessly means that over half the battle is won. Enemy Dancers can facilitate exactly that.

To be fair, Dancer movement in general is hard to predict, so it is somewhat of a double-edged sword.

Oh sure, they're great for defense teams, I was talking about modes in which we play the game.