Team Leo complete? (spoilers)

Etrurian emperor

So there's this stream going and we seen at least two characters. We saw neither as playable but both Owain and Niles showed up in cutscenes so they are in the game in at least some capacity. 

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/177573416

2:28:20 and  3:33:00. 

I'm pretty happy with Niles. His design and personality make him stand out nicely. He's also another archer which is nice. I'm less pleased with Owain. His gimmick grew stale and boring when used a second time and I'm unsure why a third time should fix this. He's in his Awakening gear so he's more likely a swordfighter then a mage. 

I think I also spotted Donnel but as a gameplay mechanic rather then a character. Once one of the twins did a mission he appeared to spawn an item. But it could just be a regular village, he seems a tad taller then Donnel. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like either of these characters but damn do I wish they showed them earlier

the characters they were showing before were such boring, predictable choices that I didn't care at all who they were announcing, especially since the moment you see at least two of the fates siblings, you know all 9 or 10 or however many are gonna show up

it's cool that there actually are some less expected characters, but I wish we knew that earlier instead of it just being "chapter 1 of awakening + cordelia" and "the fates characters who are on the box but not azura yet"

looking forward to whoever else we might see who hasn't shown up yet, although I guess that might just be navarre and whoever the knight character is at this point

Edited by unique

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Like these characters and they make me hope that Team Takumi will be present too... please..

Keep in mind, it's Owain-- not Odin.

We still have generic infantry lance officers, so Oboro may actually be in... but with a myrm, I think Hinata's chances are pretty much zilch.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Keep in mind, it's Owain-- not Odin.

We still have generic infantry lance officers, so Oboro may actually be in... but with a myrm, I think Hinata's chances are pretty much zilch.

We are still not sure if Odin/Owain (don't care either way) and Niles are more than NPCs. If they aren't, there is no reason not to have Team Takumi present in there as well. 

Btw I don't need a personal raincloud. 

18 minutes ago, Nanima said:

We are still not sure if Odin/Owain (don't care either way) and Niles are more than NPCs. If they aren't, there is no reason not to have Team Takumi present in there as well. 

Btw I don't need a personal raincloud. 

eNtdr5a.jpg

They openly teased a playable thief at TGS (which everyone thought was Trickster Anna), even.
It's unlikely this is a Validar deal. Owain's probably a Ryoma clone.

Edited by The DanMan

10 minutes ago, The DanMan said:
  Hide contents

eNtdr5a.jpg

They openly teased a playable thief at TGS (which everyone thought was Trickster Anna), even.
It's unlikely this is a Validar deal. Owain's probably a Ryoma clone.

I don't appreciate you appearing to sling discouragement at me every time I express hope or gratitude for Hoshidan inclusion. 

I am well aware of the potential odds, I don't need "reminders" (which are starting to come across as schadenfreude) , and I reserve the right to be hopeful regardless. Just let me hope/be happy, man.

Edited by Nanima

8 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I don't appreciate you appearing to sling discouragement at me every time I express hope or gratitude for Hoshidan inclusion. 

I am well aware of the potential odds, I don't need "reminders" (which are starting to come across as schadenfreude) , and I reserve the right to be hopeful regardless. Just let me hope/be happy, man.

Not intending to come off that way; I'm simply pointing out what we know. 

Though my most recent post did point out how they do seem like they could just be NPCs-- meaning all this noise may be for nothing.

Edited by The DanMan

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Not intending to come off that way; I'm simply pointing out what we know. 

Though my most recent post did point out how they do seem like they could just be NPCs-- meaning all this noise may be for nothing.

Not necessarily, Hyrule Warriors did have several characters that joined you in the main story but weren't playable in it- namely Agitha and Ruto- until you played Adventure Mode, so if they're not unlocked in the main story they could be unlocked in History Mode. There are several possibilities

Edited by Solaris998

It's very likely that they are NPC bosses. In fact, probably all of Fates' retainers will appear as NPC bosses, probably on maps where a Royal Sibling is a boss. I wouldn't be suprised if Cain and Abel appear as NPCs in a map where Marth is the main boss, Ogma for Caeda, Maribelle for Lissa(she's not Lissa's retainer, but it would be fitting), Bantu for Tiki, Mae and Boey for Celica, Kent and Sain for Lyn and so on.

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

Not necessarily, Hyrule Warriors did have several characters that joined you in the main story but weren't playable in it- namely Agitha and Ruto- until you player Adventure Mode, so if they're not unlocked in the main story they could be unlocked in History Mode. There are several possibilities

Hence my not speaking in absolutes; "they could", "may be".
The fact they openly teased a playable thief at TGS and now this does make me lean more towards that idea, on further thought.

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Not intending to come off that way; I'm simply pointing out what we know. I just personally think it's better to get disappointment out of the way as soon as possible rather than hold on to hope when it doesn't seem likely.

Sorry for snapping a bit there. It's just that I am of a more optimistic mindset and think it preferable to hope than be resigned from the beginning. We did get all the Hoshidan royals, so that already payed off for me. The risk of disappointment is mine to take. If it's any reassurance, in the event of Nohr-only retainer represantation I don't plan on threatening to nuke Japan. Haha;;;

Anyway, I welcome the appearance of these two and think making them NPCs is a great way of getting all the retainers into the game. If they are playable, I am fully expecting Oboro and will look forward to that.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Sorry for snapping a bit there. It's just that I am of a more optimistic mindset and think it preferable to hope than be resigned from the beginning. We did get all the Hoshidan royals, so that already payed off for me. The risk of disappointment is mine to take. If it's any reassurance, in the event of Nohr-only retainer represantation I don't plan on threatening to nuke Japan. Haha;;;

Anyway, I welcome the appearance of these two and think making them NPCs is a great way of getting all the retainers into the game. If they are playable, I am fully expecting Oboro and will look forward to that.

As I pointed out, I think this raises Oboro's chances-- they already included the most popular Nohr retainer, and since they're set on equal representation why not the most popular Hoshidan one?

Well, if they are npc's, making them playable as dlc should be easy (at least I'd think so, I don't know really anything about game development). So they'll probably be in the Fates and Awakening dlc packs, if they are not playable in the base game.

Also, Owain looked great in that cutscene. It seems that the art style fits his more comedic antics quite well. Niles's portrait looked a bit weird but I'm just happy he's in the game.