Team Leo complete? (spoilers)

Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't remember Owain very much, but I loved Odin, hilarious character. I think I remember Owain making tons of weird references to previous game heroes and legends, so it's kind of fitting for him to show up in a crossover.

Niles' Japanese name is Zero? Hope he doesn't fight like one.

Tell me you wouldn't want to see someone do Lightning Loops in this game. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just really nice to see that voice actors take a lot of pride in their roles, especially those for FE. Owain has one of my favourite voices in Awakening, probably just behind Chrom and Inigo (because you can't top Matt Mercer and freaking Liam O'Brien), so it's lovely to see this.

35 minutes ago, Lau said:

It's just really nice to see that voice actors take a lot of pride in their roles, especially those for FE. Owain has one of my favourite voices in Awakening, probably just behind Chrom and Inigo (because you can't top Matt Mercer and freaking Liam O'Brien), so it's lovely to see this.

It'd be great to see Inigo in this game, same with Severa, tharja, and gaius. Might as well complete the top 8 of awakening. Honestly you can just give Chrom/Lucina's moveset to the mercs, they got all of their noteworthy moves from gba mercs, anyways. (Bow knight Severa would be cool though.)

Welp, I will take this as a good sign. I love Owain (Niles has his moments), and this is the most exciting news I've heard from Warriors since it was originally announced.

I'm hoping they will be playable in some fashion, even if they just use NPC generic movesets. I look forward to who else may be uncovered as players play the game. (I am hoping for Kellam, if just to have a playable armor and because I enjoy his gimmick.)

[I also like the other stuff I saw in the stream. I just skipped around a bit to take a look at the maps and such, and what I see intrigues me.]

Just now, Sire said:

Welp, I will take this as a good sign. I love Owain (Niles has his moments), and this is the most exciting news I've heard from Warriors since it was originally announced.

I'm hoping they will be playable in some fashion, even if they just use NPC generic movesets. I look forward to who else may be uncovered as players play the game. (I am hoping for Kellam, if just to have a playable armor and because I enjoy his gimmick.)

[I also like the other stuff I saw in the stream. I just skipped around a bit to take a look at the maps and such, and what I see intrigues me.]

I think we've yet to see all the movesets a character can have. There's 3 axe movesets, I think we should have 3 lance movesets too. Armored knight and then either standard infantry or a cavalier (can be mostly a copy of the sword cavalier like xander for all I care). After that I think they really only need a mounted bow unit to round things out, and even that I could do without.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Can we just appreciate Kaiji Tang (And hope he doesn't get in too much trouble for sharing leaked stuff).

That pose is amazing but it's missing something.

Spoiler

Screenshot_932.png?width=400&height=229

There we go.

Anyway, i like that both Niles and Owain are in the game, but i can't help but feel that Niles' inclusion makes Koei Tecmo look hypocritcal again. 

"We can't have Azura because there'd to be many Fates characters"

>Has Niles in the base game.

It looks like there's still some debate to whether or not he's playable but like, it just doesn't sit well with me. Still getting the game though.

30 minutes ago, Thane said:

Who?

Oh, right, Fury Fodder. Yeah he's, uh, a real asset to the Fates roster.

He supports Takumi just as much as Oboro does and is overall a loveable and sweet guy. Just because he probably doesn't want to jump Takumi's bones, doesn't make his contributions to the team unimportant. You don't have to like him to at least aknowledge that. The dynamic of Takumi with both his retainers is wonderful. which is why I only ship them as a threesome

*Ahem*

Sorry for the tangent.

Anyway, I seriously love Kaiji Tang being such a huge fan with the rest of us. It's nice always great to see him nerding out. He's pretty much the perfect Owain.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Can we just appreciate Kaiji Tang (And hope he doesn't get in too much trouble for sharing leaked stuff).

Bless this man.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

He supports Takumi just as much as Oboro does and is overall a loveable and sweet guy. Just because he probably doesn't want to jump Takumi's bones, doesn't make his contributions to the team unimportant. You don't have to like him to at least aknowledge that. The dynamic of Takumi with both his retainers is wonderful. which is why I only ship them as a threesome

Yeah but the guy doesn't take care of his hygiene, so I'm pretty sure Takumi and Oboro are fine hooking up on their own.

It...

is...

time...

to rally 'Boro! RGaYS2c.pngノ ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ ヽRGaYS2c.png

Any excuse to use this thing, man

I have a hard time believing that Owain won't at least have a part of the game's story with those screenshots.  I'm honestly totally okay with him; I've gotten past the "sword users" thing quite a while ago.  And as for Niles...  I'm one of the guys who actually likes him, so it's nice to see him around.  Though that just makes their already bad PR even worse.  I'm sure that they meant to say that "too many Fates characters" with the full knowledge that they had however many they do, but just given the way all the information was presented to us, it makes it seem like they added these characters after deciding that Azura would be "too much".

It'd be interesting to see pre-Fates Owain supporting Niles, if they indeed are playable characters.

Man, these were honestly the kinds of reveals I was hoping for.  Even if they're NPCs, I still just like knowing that at least some of the "little people" from Fates are making it in.  And heck, maybe we'll see quite a few characters from SD.  Personally hoping for Hardin; I mean, Mystery is one of the most popular games in Japan, so they gotta, right?

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Pretty much this.

I'll also go on record to say he at least makes a better lover than some of the other men available, bad hygiene and parenting be damned.  Okay, maybe not ideal, but I see him hitting it off better with ladies than Azama does.

Some stream observations... (in the spoiler)

I haven't fully watched the entire thing and do not plan to, but I did skim through the vod.

Spoiler

Remixes
- We got the classic shop theme remixed in Warriors!
- Chaos (from Awakening) is present!
- Id(Hope) is present!
- I think You of the Light is present.
- I think You of the Dark is present.

Characters
- Darius seems to be a fencer type, like Marth and Celica. I say this based off of his stance.
- Anna seems to be a bow user, but I didn't find any gameplay of her in the parts I've seen. (She served as a pair-up bonus for Lissa)

Mechanics
- Upgrading stuff seems to be done like Hyrule Warriors, with the materials, weapon system, and the character upgrades.
- Going into "Awakening" mode seems to trigger its own unique track instead of an modified version of the map theme.
- Promoting classes are in. This does not seem to reset the level. (Cordelia promoted from a Pegasus Knight to a Falco Knight, also gained updated visual, including an updated portrait? Players can change this at any time.)
- Apparently everyone can support with everyone, but select characters have an "A+" instead of a normal A. I guess this reflects unique conversations? (Cordelia has one with Hinoka, Sakura, Lissa, and Lucina)
- Additional History Mode battles need to be unlocked. The player only seems to start with the Awakening one.

Story

Spoiler

- Robin appears as a enemy briefly. I guess he was controlled for a bit.
- I guess the story goes Awakening and then to Fates, with Fates being split into two separate routes (Birthright and Conquest).
- Sakura and Hinoka are fighting each other for some reason.
- Rowan, Chrom, Frederick, and Lucina go to Hoshido.
- Liana, Lissa, Owain (of course), and Darius go to Nohr. Cordelia is also present (so not with Chrom, eh?)
- Elise and Camilla are fighting each other for some reason. (I'm guessing Owain is an NPC, even though he is present for the cutscenes. I didn't see him playable.)

Edited by Sire

35 minutes ago, Aura Of Twilight said:

Great to see those two will be in the game! I hope they have the same English voice actors or it just wont be the same.

owain's voice actor tweeted something about it so he's probably gonna have the same one

but so far the VAs have been the same ones as in heroes, and niles and takumi (who originally had the same VA) both got a VA change in heroes, so niles will probably sound like he did in heroes

if you haven't heard it, it was really different from fates and I thought it was kinda bad

3 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

Cue Pillar Man theme 

I want someone to edit the Pillar Man theme onto Owain's Warriors entrance.

And then just have Bloody Stream play for the duration of the map.