Team Leo complete? (spoilers)

Etrurian emperor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It wouldn't be a FEW topic without Iridium digging for things to complain about.

is it really digging if i don't even need to go below the surface

is it really complaining if i'm actually being generally positive for once despite my well-justified pessimism

i should be complaining about the fact that there's now zero defense for azura being withheld for dlc specifically because spineless consumers will pay for her now that niles may destroy the logic used to justify her exclusion, and i should be complaining about owain being yet another sword user and probably a clone of ryoma, but i'm letting all of this slide for now because these two characters would in theory at least begin to address several of my shallow personal complaints

i know that you really want to discredit me because i obviously singlehandedly have the ability to make this game fail in all regions using the superpower of being slightly annoyed on serenes forest dot net slash forums, but i think you're picking the wrong fight here since i'm being a lot kinder than i should be right now because of personal bias toward the characters in question; if anything, you should accuse me of being a hypocrite and encourage people against taking me seriously (like they ever do ahaha their loss) considering how quickly my tone changes once they finally remember to add appealing men

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

So, does anybody know why Frederick's on the enemy side? Is he attacking the twins because he sees them as a threat?

I might be wrong, but I believe he was just training youngsters. He wasn't after them for real.

27 minutes ago, Iridium said:

is it really complaining if i'm actually being generally positive for once despite my well-justified pessimism

i should be complaining about the fact that there's now zero defense for azura being withheld for dlc specifically because spineless consumers will pay for her now that niles may destroy the logic used to justify her exclusion, and i should be complaining about owain being yet another sword user and probably a clone of ryoma, but i'm letting all of this slide for now because these two characters would in theory at least begin to address several of my shallow personal complaints

i know that you really want to discredit me because i obviously singlehandedly have the ability to make this game fail in all regions using the superpower of being slightly annoyed on serenes forest dot net slash forums, but i think you're picking the wrong fight here since i'm being a lot kinder than i should be right now because of personal bias toward the characters in question; if anything, you should accuse me of being a hypocrite and encourage people against taking me seriously (like they ever do ahaha their loss) considering how quickly my tone changes once they finally remember to add appealing men

The thing is, Niles doesn't look to be playable and is instead an NPC. In the context of Azura, I believe the question the devs answered was whether she would be playable, which in the context of the playable character cast, there is a LOT for Fates. The only question now is, will Azura be present at all in the base game, like Niles and Owain happen to be right now

Edited by Motendra
slight speling

14 minutes ago, Iridium said:

You ignore attempts to debate anyways, I'm still waiting for a reply to my post to a challenge of yours several weeks old.

So we can just discredit you by that alone anyways. You're not being anywhere remotely positive stop the act.

42 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Really Owain???

Why?

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oww2i6ZiJO1u4x0s8o9_540.png

tumblr_oww2i6ZiJO1u4x0s8o7_400.png

tumblr_oww2i6ZiJO1u4x0s8o2_400.png

I've said it before and I'll say it again - no other Fire Emblem character fits a real-time-strategy hack-and-slash mow-down-millions-of-grunts-in-ten-minutes type of game better than Owain. This game's concept is pretty much literally one of his 'training exercises' brought to life - the epic saga of Owain Dark, finally playable! Or…it should have been. But it wasn't. As for the argument of using Odin instead, I have issues with that because Odin's saga-ing feels more…what's the word? I wanna say flat, but that doesn't sound quite right. ANyways, I personally think Owain doesn't fit as well if he's in there as Odin, even if he only showed up as an NPC.
I also wished for Ophelia so I could watch them interact but it seems that wish will remain up to me to fulfill

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oboro when?

But who could she clone off of?

Though this is fairly good news I guess. Although I can get a bit of logic why they held back on it if the duo are NPCs, or if KT was making a mangled response to the "too much Fates" complaint.

Where'd the footage come from by the way?

16 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, this was unexpected.

Oboro when?

8 minutes ago, Lightning Grandmaster said:

Ah, I see that I’m not the only one who would like to see Oboro.

Don't forget Hinata! Team Takumi isn't complete without him. Though I am sure he only stands a chance If the retainers are all NPCs. Still, they could do that and later make Niles and Oboro playable via DLC (Owain likely too, since they'll play the excuse of "he is Awakening"). I just want all of Team Takumi in somehow, even if not all of them are playable.

Edited by Nanima

I don't remember Owain very much, but I loved Odin, hilarious character. I think I remember Owain making tons of weird references to previous game heroes and legends, so it's kind of fitting for him to show up in a crossover.

Niles' Japanese name is Zero? Hope he doesn't fight like one.

16 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

so no cinematics for SoV ? i was hoping for Celica get some cinematics. (maybe showing Alm just like Owain ?)

She's likely not appearing in the story fyi as she's not from one of the focus games.

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Niles' Japanese name is Zero? Hope he doesn't fight like one.

At least it means he's never really dead when he "dies". And even when he finally does pass on, you can still wear his essence as body armor.

I shall cry tears of blood in joy of this day!

This is nice. I'm assuming that Owain and Niles will be a) NPCs for the whole game, b) DLC/Patch ala Cia etc or c) unlocked via History mode.

I'm really happy with their inclusion tbh. Owain is just Owain (And it's nice to see Lucy not alone). As for Niles, I love Niles and was hoping he would have a chance since he was the highest rated male retainer (While Oboro was the highest ranking female so I'm hoping for her too).

I just want to see more gameplay now.

yaaaaaaaaaaay, owain and niles, i'm so happy...

thanks to owain, i'm now 99% sure i won't buy the game, i just hate his gimmick

i feel nothing but indifference towards niles

still getting informed about characters, tho!

30 minutes ago, Azz said:

This is nice. I'm assuming that Owain and Niles will be a) NPCs for the whole game, b) DLC/Patch ala Cia etc or c) unlocked via History mode.

I'm really happy with their inclusion tbh. Owain is just Owain (And it's nice to see Lucy not alone). As for Niles, I love Niles and was hoping he would have a chance since he was the highest rated male retainer (While Oboro was the highest ranking female so I'm hoping for her too).

I just want to see more gameplay now.

12 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Owain or Niles will be playable, and just be NPCs, if the too many Fates characters thing is anything to go by, but I could definitely see them as free dlc somewhere down the line.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PiercingCogentMageKAPOW

So we have footage of them on the battlefield. Notice in this you can see Owain and Darius walking around attacking enemies, and If they aren't hidden unlockables, I agree perhaps they will give them to us as free DLC like the villains in Hyrule Warriors. It would seem really cheap to make us pay for them now.

Edited by dmurr