Fire Emblem Warriors - Spoiler Questions and Answers Thread

Anomalocaris

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are used as the bosses in the 22 story maps? Do they just have bosses retreat so they can participate extra times like in HW and the more... ahistorical DW games? Do they resort to generic (including named) officer bosses to make up for the roster?

Edited by Reality

I had asked this in a different topic, but it got Eclipsed before I could get an answer, so I'll ask it here. 

Is the Weapon Triangle, which the developers said would be important as we all know, and which has led to much PR nightmare and backlash. Now in FEW, the Weapon Triangle just affects the chance of being staggered, correct? Good blocking/dodging and adequate mastery of a character's moveset should be able to compensate in 1vs.1 matchups (fighting multiple officers is always a cluster bomb), correct?

So just how important is the Weapon Triangle in practice?

I know this isn't an easy question that can be answered right away with a short statement, and that it requires someone who has played with the game for a while and possibly the Musou series as a whole in depth to answer. 

9 hours ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure it's still present, just people haven't been playing it I guess.

Tbh i still dont know what it is and i was told its in story mode but i dont see anything and ive beaten story already

1 hour ago, KamuiDragon said:
  Hide contents

How do I get some of Anna's memories? I'm stuck at chapter 5 trying to get the second one. I've done just about everything I can think of to get the second memory.

Spoiler

You have to defeat validar BEFORE defeating robin with chrom's hp never go below 60%.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had asked this in a different topic, but it got Eclipsed before I could get an answer, so I'll ask it here. 

Is the Weapon Triangle, which the developers said would be important as we all know, and which has led to much PR nightmare and backlash. Now in FEW, the Weapon Triangle just affects the chance of being staggered, correct? Good blocking/dodging and adequate mastery of a character's moveset should be able to compensate in 1vs.1 matchups (fighting multiple officers is always a cluster bomb), correct?

So just how important is the Weapon Triangle in practice?

I know this isn't an easy question that can be answered right away with a short statement, and that it requires someone who has played with the game for a while and possibly the Musou series as a whole in depth to answer. 

Well it does makes a difference when your fighting in a disadvantage. If ur unit is overlevelled in that map it doesnt rly. If you're around the same level though, u can tell u need that weapon advantage or just use magic cuz ur doing chip dmg. Im not that too bothered with it but the one thing im kinds frustrated with is that all lancers are fliers. So it makes controlling the AI to fight swordies with archers in them a little scary.

Slight weapon/badge upgrade spoilers

Spoiler

Though it could be fix by maxing the reduce dmg to bows so they dont get 2hko or something.

9 hours ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure it's still present, just people haven't been playing it I guess.

Nvm he corrected himself that its like a mission thing in history mode. The only thing thats close enough to that might be

Spoiler

The arena missions. Where u fight bosses wave by wave and u can quit in the middle if u want. I only found 1 in awakening map so far

I've got a question regarding something in History mode. It'll probably seem like a small matter to most but it's important to me and I'd appreciate a straight answer.

So far, from what I've seen, every History mode map follows a male character on the map. The Gaiden one has Rowan instead of Lianna, the Fates one has male Corrin for some reason, the Blazing Blade one has Chrom (or Marth?), etc. Is this just what we see at first and it can/will change later? Or are there any other details that might help that I'm unaware of? It especially bugs me that both the Fates and Awakening maps appear to use the male avatars (and I particularly loathe male Corrin) despite female Corrin appearing in the story and being presented as the primary version of that character for this game.

I'm just super tired of seeing female characters get sidelined in the series. This game was looking to be better about it but History mode looks to be falling into the same dumb traps.

So...is this video how to unlock Anna?

I'm pretty sure I see Grima as a Robin skin in there. Any chance that's unlockable? That would be pretty epic.

Edited by Noir

4 hours ago, Florete said:

I've got a question regarding something in History mode. It'll probably seem like a small matter to most but it's important to me and I'd appreciate a straight answer.

So far, from what I've seen, every History mode map follows a male character on the map. The Gaiden one has Rowan instead of Lianna, the Fates one has male Corrin for some reason, the Blazing Blade one has Chrom (or Marth?), etc. Is this just what we see at first and it can/will change later? Or are there any other details that might help that I'm unaware of? It especially bugs me that both the Fates and Awakening maps appear to use the male avatars (and I particularly loathe male Corrin) despite female Corrin appearing in the story and being presented as the primary version of that character for this game.

I'm just super tired of seeing female characters get sidelined in the series. This game was looking to be better about it but History mode looks to be falling into the same dumb traps.

Well, Rowan is likely there to be the "Alm" of History Mode, Chrom and Marth are taking the roles of Hector and Eliwood respectively (with M!Robin as Mark) since they have the main campaigns in Blazing Blade proper, M!Corrin has the main role in History Mode because he has no role in the Story Mode (as he is as important as the female version and reps the Hoshido paths normally in contrast to F!Corrin).

Spoiler

F!Robin is Grima in the Awakening History Mode since M!Robin is the main Robin in this game to contrast F!Corrin being the main Corrin.

7 hours ago, Florete said:

Spoiler

Pretty much what Folt said. Rowan is supposed to portray Alm, as Celica in her support with Rowan even says he is like Alm. Though Lianna also has a key role in Celica's map, she is just not the sprite.

Chrom, Marth and M!Robin are the main characters in Lyn's map because Lyn sees them as similar to Hector, Eliwood and Mark respectively. Caeda plays a key role here too, playing the part of Florina in a way.

M!Corrin is the mc of the Fates map because he has no role anywhere else in the game. F!Robin has a role in the Awakening map as Grime there.

31 minutes ago, Azz said:
  Hide contents

Pretty much what Folt said. Rowan is supposed to portray Alm, as Celica in her support with Rowan even says he is like Alm. Though Lianna also has a key role in Celica's map, she is just not the sprite.

Chrom, Marth and M!Robin are the main characters in Lyn's map because Lyn sees them as similar to Hector, Eliwood and Mark respectively. Caeda plays a key role here too, playing the part of Florina in a way.

M!Corrin is the mc of the Fates map because he has no role anywhere else in the game. F!Robin has a role in the Awakening map as Grime there.

Spoiler

On the Lyn one, it's also because the map is supposed to be the part where Eliwood and Hector have pursued Laus to Caelyn, with Laus taking over Caelyn castle. That's after Lyn's story mode is over.

6 hours ago, Folt said:

Well, Rowan is likely there to be the "Alm" of History Mode, Chrom and Marth are taking the roles of Hector and Eliwood respectively (with M!Robin as Mark) since they have the main campaigns in Blazing Blade proper, M!Corrin has the main role in History Mode because he has no role in the Story Mode (as he is as important as the female version and reps the Hoshido paths normally in contrast to F!Corrin).

Hide contents

F!Robin is Grima in the Awakening History Mode since M!Robin is the main Robin in this game to contrast F!Corrin being the main Corrin.

3 hours ago, Azz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I see. I'm still disappointed, but thank you both for the straight answer. There are people in other parts of the internet who would grill me for having such issues.

18 minutes ago, Folt said:

That reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask: Are the twins, Chrom, Lucina, the Fates Royals, Marth, Lyn, and Celica the only ones with prf weapons?

Spoiler

Pretty much. Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Caeda, Tiki and Anna all do not have prf weapons. Everyone else does (Though I think Rowan and Lianna can share their weapons).

So, how much content does this game have, exactly? How extensive is History Mode - do the various History Mode maps all taken together take roughly as long to beat as the single Adventure Mode map Hyrule Warriors had when it launched?

12 minutes ago, Dunban said:

So, how much content does this game have, exactly? How extensive is History Mode - do the various History Mode maps all taken together take roughly as long to beat as the single Adventure Mode map Hyrule Warriors had when it launched?

I'd say History mode is roughly the same as Hyrule Warriors Adventure mode. Each map has quite a number of battles and more battles(enemy units) pop up as you clear battles. 

I don't know where to put this sooo...

Someone has compiled all of the cutscenes and goddamn are the gorgeous. Never in my lifetime did I think I'd see Marth, Caeda, Tiki and Navarre in this beautiful animation.