The current roster (Spoilers!)

Denomon

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

Did....did they seriously go for Iago as the Fates villain rather than Garon? If so I'm utterly baffled at this decision to have all the villain characters be dark mages. At least Gharnef and Validar have plot relevance

It is baffling but fuck yeah I'll take that shit.  Iago in glorious HD!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

So I get to play as a sat A.M cartoon character who should have been voiced by Gilbert Gottfried

I'm sold

Somebody make a mod, please.

8 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Did....did they seriously go for Iago as the Fates villain rather than Garon? If so I'm utterly baffled at this decision to have all the villain characters be dark mages.

I would imagine that the ease of doing it is probably why they did it in the first place. Garon and Hans would need to be based off of Lissa, or otherwise be given an original moveset.

Still, that's all the more reason they probably should have used Frederick as a base for Walhart rather than including Darth Validar.

Edited by Iridium

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Haha, sorry!  Hype got ahead of me.  This just made a good start to the day even better.  I hope this good streak carries through the entire day! Literally, thank you so much.

Thank you! :D How are things going? :) 

Painfully waiting for fe warriors lol

Also its kinda funny that the 3 villains from each game is a sorcerer lol

3 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I would imagine that the ease of doing it is probably why they did it in the first place. Garon and Hans would need to be based off of Lissa, or otherwise be given an original moveset.

Still, that's all the more reason they probably should have used Frederick as a base for Walhart rather than including Darth Validar.

Well yeah I would've preferred Walhart too but at least Validar can claim he has more plot relevance and connections to characters than Iago, the in my opinion worst villain in the game. Maybe I'm just miffed that Garon's moveset potential had been thrown out the window for what seems to be not wanting to put more effort into them. That's just me though

Just now, LoboKD001 said:

Painfully waiting for fe warriors lol

Also its kinda funny that the 3 villains from each game is a sorcerer lol

I suppose I am now as well, I've been rather on and off about this game but I can not resist me some HD Iago.  

Yeah XD I think somebody mentioned above just then that it could have been ease of producing characters since they're all sorcerers.  

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

I wish I could share your enthusiasm here but sadly out of all Fates villains Iago is my least favorite. Or maybe I'm just annoyed because of Garon's moveset potential.

Yeah, that's ok. I image I'll probably be one of the few people excited about this.  Although I must agree, I think Garon would have made far more sense and seeing that the baddies are (so far?) all sorcerers in this game it's a little disappointing that there seems to be a lack of variety.  Nevertheless, I got the character I wanted now which means I'm obliged to get myself a switch and the game.

I'm curious to see if Oboro is actually playable at release, a NPC, or a DLC character.  Regardless, I'm so glad she's here along with OdinOwain.  Seems Warriors is trying to lure me in by adding all of these characters that I like into the mix.  Too bad I have to get a system to play it on first.

I have a problem with Iago getting in. I don't actually know about all the evil he does, only that he still loses in spite of being very powerful (like Anankos) and is a spineless lackey of Garon with no ambition of his own. My problem is with him he wastes two very good Shakespearean names: Macbeth in Japan, and Iago abroad. Having seen Otello the opera, with its splendidly evil Iago (who is apparently more one-note than in the original play in exchange for his greater evilness), anything less will not suffice. IS, only give Shakespeare names to those who may be worthy of it, I don't need Ophelia to drown herself when insane out of heartbreak, but I do need a solid character regardless. If you ever use Hamlet, please for the love of the Bard of Avon use it wisely!

And I too protest the move on denying us Metal King Slime, who does have unique moveset potential in abundance.

The use of three evil sorcerers bespeaks of laziness, and hammers home one of FE's archetypal weak points in storytelling. It also reminds me of how Heroes has not yet included a single one of all FE's evil sorcerers, although programming a new character for Heroes is seventy-two million to the sixth power metric tons easier than it is for Warriors I admit.

Also, are we sure the Corrins use Swords? I'm thinking of Caeda's TGS footage, and how much damage that Corrin was doing to Caeda per hit, and wondering how a sword was doing that much to a lance. If Corrin is indeed a sword, so much for the Weapon Triangle.

hey, I'll atleast get to enjoy beating the !#$& our of Iago

and you know what, I might learn to mod audio files to just to put in Iago the parrot's voice over Iago's

Edited by Captain Karnage

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Also, are we sure the Corrins use Swords? I'm thinking of Caeda's TGS footage, and how much damage that Corrin was doing to Caeda per hit, and wondering how a sword was doing that much to a lance. If Corrin is indeed a sword, so much for the Weapon Triangle.

Thing is, Caeda is known to be rather fragile. Up against someone like Corrin, who has dragon powers, its not too surprising.

Also, the WT affects the stagger meter, not damage output

Edited by Motendra

Well shit, so many characters being shown, but I agree. Iago being in is just weird. Then again, him and Hans are essentially evil for the sake of evil, while Garon is a tool that is being used by Anankos.

You know, with a weapon triangle, I REALLY pity the axe users... they've got the majority of units be sword users...

8 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

hey, I'll atleast get to enjoy beating the !#$& our of Iago

and you know what, I might learn to mod audio files to just to put in Iago the parrot's voice over Iago's

YASSSS X'D Omfg, this thread continuing to make a good day better.

12 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Thing is, Caeda is known to be rather fragile. Up against someone like Corrin, who has dragon powers, its not too surprising.

Also, the WT affects the stagger meter, not damage output

...Well, that barrage certainly didn't give me much hope for a fun game. Unless there's something mitigating in there, I'm not playing freaking Wii U Twilight Adventure Map levels of damage with permadeath in play. Thank goodness for Casual mode, and even then... ew.

OBORO!!! Oh god, I was so worried they were going to reserve all the retainers for DLC but since Niles was leaked I had a feeling one of his Hoshidan counterparts would follow. 

Edited by Corbin

1 minute ago, Jakkun said:

Dare I say...Gharnef actually looks really cool here. Dunno why, but I think he looks good in 3D.

Im probably the only one who thinks that lol.

You wouldn't actually.

Dare I say that he even looks menacing with those faces behind him