The current roster (Spoilers!)

Denomon

5 minutes ago, Corbin said:

OBORO!!! Oh god, I was so worried they were going to reserve all the retainers for DLC but since Niles was leaked I had a feeling one of his Hoshidan counterparts would follow. 

They still may be dlc. We haven’t seen anyone play as them just they appeared in story mode with generic movesets 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Motendra said:

You wouldn't actually.

Dare I say that he even looks menacing with those faces behind him

Agreed. Kinda makes me want Jedah in here too with the giant Duma Eyeball...but that'd be too many evil sorcerers lol

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

They still may be dlc. We haven’t seen anyone play as them just they appeared in story mode with generic movesets 

A post launch update is much more likely. If they already enough of her assets made to include her as an enemy, then it's not justifiable to charge for her. They did something similar with certain enemy-only enemies in HW.

Gharnef actually looks pretty sweet. Even if he's not playable, I'm excited to hear his voice. This gives me a bit more hope for other characters, though it looks like it's still unknown if any of these characters are playable at all.

Oboro looks great.

But wow, it looks like the villains really will be the worst case scenario. We always knew these three games don't have any good villains but its like they didn't even try.

Validar was weird enough but Iago? I'm pretty sure no one likes that guy. He's at the absolute bottom of the villain barrel. It speaks volumes that Gharnef is the most interesting villain we have at the moment. For all his genericness Gharnef does look cool though.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oboro looks great.

She does! No more lifeless Heroes art for her! Hurray, she's in!

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But wow, it looks like the villains really will be the worst case scenario. We always knew these three games don't have any good villains but its like they didn't even try.

Well this is one piece of news to wake up to, that's for sure. I guess the guys at IS and Koei Tecmo just can't get enough of those evil sorcerers.

Seriously, what?! Gharnef? Sure okay yeah I can see that but Validar is basically a Gharnef 2.0 and Iago is more of a pathetic lapdog than a villain. Where the hell is the Conqueror?! He'd spank those little robe-wearing nerds so hard they'd never walk straight again.

Edited by Thane

@Etrurian emperor @Thane I'm not gonna justify their decisions, but I'd imagine the reason they chose three sorcerers was because they wanted all the villains to be responsible for the ultimate big bad or help him gain power or something to that effect, and since it's typically dark mages who are responsible for raising the dragon from the dead/slumber, they figured that those villains were the best options for that.  That, and I guess it was thematic or something.  I won't pretend to know their intentions, but I assume these might be their reasons.

That being said, all these dark mages, but no Tharja (as far as we know)?  KT, why you playin' us like this?

And I do agree that every entry has a better villain; Walhart, Hardin, and any Fates character besides Iago.

Just now, Ertrick36 said:

I'm not gonna justify their decisions, but I'd imagine the reason they chose three sorcerers was because they wanted all the villains to be responsible for the ultimate big bad or help him gain power or something to that effect, and since it's typically dark mages who are responsible for raising the dragon from the dead/slumber, they figured that those villains were the best options for that.  That, and I guess it was thematic or something.  I won't pretend to know their intentions, but I assume these might be their reasons.

Well it's definitely...thematic, but even freaking Garon would've provided a bit of a break from the pattern. 

...Maybe they just didn't have time and would've had to give him Lissa's twirly moveset?

1 minute ago, Thane said:

...Maybe they just didn't have time and would've had to give him Lissa's twirly moveset?

I would've loved to see that, not gonna lie.

Just imagining Garon spinning Elise around on his axe while singing her a lullaby with that cartoony smile on his face has me in stitches.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I would've loved to see that, not gonna lie.

Just imagining Garon spinning Elise around on his axe while singing her a lullaby with that cartoony smile on his face has me in stitches.

tumblr_ndz1m5nS6h1rf0hsxo4_250.gif

Glitch from Hyrule Warriors where you could give Link Lana's moveset. Garon, show us your moves already!

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Validar was weird enough but Iago? I'm pretty sure no one likes that guy.

I learned today that Iago apparently does actually have fans. Presumably we're dealing with some of the people responsible for him being a more popular character (according to CYL) than Tethys, Ashnard, and Est. And both Validar and Gharnef, for that matter! and my waifu nimue but that goes without saying

I... actually don't remember what I was going to post as a conclusion to that because those results caught me so off guard that I don't remember what I was even trying to look them up for. They weren't even necessary for the point, I just wanted to start my post with a joke to lighten things up, but man. Ashnard. Wow.

Oboro is in, thank god!!  Hope she'll be playable soon. (Nohr still gets extra servings of course. They got plausible deniability on their side since "Owain is from Awakening", never mind all the Fates references he makes)

The Azura argument is getting more ridiculous too. It's now obvious that she was held back solely to sell dlc. KT, if you are gonna lie, at least make it a believable one!

Weird that they chose all tome villains, but I expected Gharnef already, and am alright with Validar (never thought Gangrel or Wallhart were especially well done as villains). I don't care mucj for Iago, but this way I won't have to deal with the Nohrian's daddy issues at least.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Read that as "hope she'll be fashionable soon" and I was like "she looks great as always, what're you talking about!"

Well I have been told that my taste for fashion is lacking, so it's not like my opinion would hold much weight. Haha She does look great as always though!

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm living in some alternate reality here.

An alternate reality that is probably better than ours.

I'm damn near ready to toss money at this game simply for not having Tharja or Gaius like people speculated.

22 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:
  Hide contents

IMG_2179.JPG.df5248c85b708714db9ee88476bc7b97.JPG

Hide contents

Promoted Camilla  so I guess they do get really different designs on promotions in this game

Spoiler

Interesting. I can only imagine what Ryoma’s is like.

I'm just glad they pick more fan favorites from Fates. Still bitter

26 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:
  Hide contents

IMG_2179.JPG.df5248c85b708714db9ee88476bc7b97.JPG

Hide contents

Promoted Camilla  so I guess they do get really different designs on promotions in this game

Wow, she's looks gorgeous. I should check if she's anything like that in Fates though.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Wow, she's looks gorgeous. I should check if she's anything like that in Fates though.

She's fully promoted in Fates, so they gave her a new promotion costume, meaning this one is brand new.