Is Nina/Nyna actually in Gaiden/Echoes?

I remember reading something when I was playing Gaiden that insisted Matilda is totally Nina in disguise, along with Zeke/Camus. But another information source pointed out that Teeta looks like a pallet swap of Famicom Nina with green hair. But now I look at Echoes Mathilda and Tatiana and there is no clear resemblance. Is that all in our heads?

No, Nyna is nowhere on Valentia. Gaiden Teeta is indeed a portrait edit of FE1 Nyna, although any resemblance either character had to her has been discarded in Echoes.

Tatiana in Gaiden was literally Nyna with a palette swap and a few other edits as far as appearance is concerned...

But Mystery of the Emblem totally debunks the theory that they're the same person.

Spoiler

Think about this: in Mystery of the Emblem, Camus left Valentia after hearing about Hardin's ascension to the throne and his cruelty, but just before he left, he promised Tatiana that he'd return to her.

By the time Camus left, the events of Book 2 were pretty much in full swing.  There are a few key things to note about this:

• Hardin was already turned to darkness; Camus wouldn't have heard about it if it was just the regular, honorable Hardin, so it's obvious Hardin already became evil
  • Not long after Hardin became evil, he started gathering clerics to hand off to Gharnef; one of those was Nyna, who was likely the first due to his bitterness about Nyna not reciprocating his love for her
  • If you were to follow the logic of travelling in Echoes and look at the map, it would only take about three to four days to get from Valentia to Grust, which is enough time for Book 2 to start, for Camus to hear about Hardin, and for him to arrive in Maceon (which isn't far from Grust) just in time to save Ogma
  • At this time, Tatiana was sitting comfortably at home in Valentia, awaiting Camus
  • "Though they were parted at times, Zeke always returned to Tatiana's side in the end."  This ending confirms that Camus at some point leaves her and returns back to her side, which is exactly what happened in Book 2; in the end of Book 2, he even told Nyna that there was "someone else" waiting for him to return; it also implies that she knows Camus intends to return, which obviously can only be conveyed through him telling her
  • Nothing indicates Tatiana leaves Valentia; it is said that Nyna "disappears", but it's implied she's either soul-searching or trying to locate Camus/Sirius

Not to mention the two have completely different personalities.  Nyna is sorrowful and somewhat detached, while Tatiana is comparatively happy and jovial, particularly in Echoes.

Wait I'm so confused on to who you believed to be Nyna.

Either way, the answer is no. The only way for Nyna to be in Echoes is if you name a weapon after her.

On Mathilda, she might be a realization of something that was dropped from FE1. Originally, Nyna was supposed to be a playable Cav/Paladin, but she was reduced to a helpless princess and Hardin was invented to take her place. Mathilda is blonde and fights on horseback, so maybe she was inspired by the scrapped Nyna idea. Curiously, FE6 was originally going to try reviving the concept it seems, but it never happened.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

No, Nyna never left Archanea. Remember that she was being traded around every 5 or so minutes by basically everyone since the start of BS to Book 1. She was good till Book 2 though, then she got taken again for the like 100 millionth time. 

If we're talking Gaiden-related crack character espionage ideas, I enjoyed messing around with the idea of Celica being an Anna. We never actually got to see what "Liprica" looked like in the original, but Celica had red hair and they could conceivably retcon Anthiese/Anteze as a very formalized variant of Anna. Doing so in a remake would be the only way to retroactively get Anna into Gaiden, and thus every game in the series (does she appear in BSFE, actually?)

That didn't happen though, and since we do actually get to see what Liprica looks like in Echoes (as well as getting more information on Celica's family life), ripperoni. Admittedly Liprica having a name in the first place was a big strike against it, but I was having fun and that was all that mattered.

10 hours ago, Iridium said:

If we're talking Gaiden-related crack character espionage ideas, I enjoyed messing around with the idea of Celica being an Anna. We never actually got to see what "Liprica" looked like in the original, but Celica had red hair and they could conceivably retcon Anthiese/Anteze as a very formalized variant of Anna. Doing so in a remake would be the only way to retroactively get Anna into Gaiden, and thus every game in the series (does she appear in BSFE, actually?)

I don't think she does? But I'm not entirely sure on that, she wasn't in the FE12 remakes of the maps for sure.

On 01.10.2017 at 1:58 AM, Jedi said:

I don't think she does? But I'm not entirely sure on that, she wasn't in the FE12 remakes of the maps for sure.

Was there a suspend dialogue in BSFE? Anna could have appeared there, if it existed.