2 Major classes are absent for the 1st time

Emperor Hardin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I was expecting at least the knight to get a character in the story. Maybe Kellam gets added to the game with the other npc's but never gets announced. I can hold out hope, damnit.

It is weird as the Frederick discussion with Koei indicated there would be a armored Knight character.

Maybe they got cut from the base game?

4 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Another class that's missing is a mercenary class character such as Ogma. I'm still waiting for him and Minerva to be announced for FEW.

Yeah, Mercenary is rather distinct a swordplay style from everything else we have. It's stronger than all the Eastern and fencing style swordies we have and will be getting. Not to say that every sword user in this game is fast and flimsy, but with RD Ike Ogma we'd be certain to get raw strength emphasized; and if anything, he is more Caeda's loyal servant than Navarre is.

While Bolt Axe Lissa is fun, she isn't a Warrior/Berserker in terms of fighting style, that's something else we're lacking in. But I'm not so much complaining here as I am just making a suggestion as to what they could add. To make Berserker and Warrior different, make Warrior one really strong axe, and Berserkers dual wielders of smaller axes.

*Sigh* If only we had Gwendolyn/Oswin/AK!Amelia, the chain lance and chain axe style of the GBA generals would look really cool in Musou gameplay. Wishful thinking here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, Mercenary is rather distinct a swordplay style from everything else we have. It's stronger than all the Eastern and fencing style swordies we have and will be getting. Not to say that every sword user in this game is fast and flimsy, but with RD Ike Ogma we'd be certain to get raw strength emphasized; and if anything, he is more Caeda's loyal servant than Navarre is.

While Bolt Axe Lissa is fun, she isn't a Warrior/Berserker in terms of fighting style, that's something else we're lacking in. But I'm not so much complaining here as I am just making a suggestion as to what they could add. To make Berserker and Warrior different, make Warrior one really strong axe, and Berserkers dual wielders of smaller axes.

*Sigh* If only we had Gwendolyn/Oswin/AK!Amelia, the chain lance and chain lance style of the GBA generals would look really cool in Musou gameplay. Wishful thinking here.

or HECTOR

There being no lance cavalries is just weird. I don't see a particularly good reason to snub Camus. Adding Hardin might have been a good enough reason to leave his fellow lance cavalry out but he's not in the game either.

Armor knights are more understandable. Who could they possibly pick? Kellam and Benny aren't that popular, Effie a little more so but I doubt anyone would rush to the store just for her. That leaves Draug and if Draug is the most remarkable pick your class has then it means the options available all just weren't any good. 

On 9/29/2017 at 7:37 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Armor knights are more understandable. Who could they possibly pick? Kellam and Benny aren't that popular, Effie a little more so but I doubt anyone would rush to the store just for her. That leaves Draug and if Draug is the most remarkable pick your class has then it means the options available all just weren't any good. 

They could always do Sheena if Mystery is available. 

Lorenz is memorable and Roger is funny.

Also come to think of it, anyone in favor of voting for Camus, Hardin, and Roger(for humor)?

6 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

They could always do Sheena if Mystery is available. 

Lorenz is memorable and Roger is funny.

Also come to think of it, anyone in favor of voting for Camus, Hardin, and Roger(for humor)?

I'm pretty sure mystery isn't available though, because shadow dragon was obviously the superior choice. 

I'll just stand over here and wait for everyone to be pissed at the dolph announcement.

Edited by thecrimsonflash
spelt dolph wrong

Just now, Emperor Hardin said:

Dolf announcement?

that was a joke.

knowing how this has gone that wouldn't surprise me though 'Dolph was the director's favorite Shadow Dragon character soo... '

also meant dolph, it's been awhile since I played SD.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that was a joke.

knowing how this has gone that wouldn't surprise me though 'Dolph was the director's favorite Shadow Dragon character soo... '

also meant dolph, it's been awhile since I played SD.

Oh Dolph, that could be cool, he could do special attacks that involve summoning Macellan. His dialogue could mention his love of cooking.

Where was Dolph being the director's favorite revealed?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

17 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Oh Dolph, that could be cool, he could do special attacks that involve summoning Macellan. His dialogue could mention his love of cooking.

Where was Dolph being the director's favorite revealed?

That was another joke, I have no clue who the director's favorite is, probably already in the game though if I had to make a guess. 

maybe that is how Iago got in. or just laziness IDK.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:21 AM, SoulWeaver said:

But they'd still have to run at like half speed compared to other Units, which in a game where you sometimes need to get across the entire battlefield in under a minute is a serious problem.

In Hyrule Warriors everyone moved at the same speed, regardless of how big or bulky they were, so KT could easily make armours move at the same speed as everyone else in this game.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

5 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

In Hyrule Warriors everyone moved at the same speed, regardless of how big or bulky they were, so KT could easily make armours move at the same speed as everyone else in this game.

In Hyrule Warriors the closest to a slow bulky fighter was like, Darunia, who honestly should have started rolling when you dashed because it would look cooler.

Hey no love for Bow Cavs?

As far as I know they have just as much history in the series as Lance Cavs (without the same intertwine with swords they have) they're just not as consistent (in name, concept, being a base class of promotion ect) or "iconic" about it. 

I apologize for this rant :\ It's rant-y.

I really dislike how they made exceptions to their Shadow Dragon/Fates/Awakening rule just to add two more magic/sword characters into the game (Celica and Lyn), and they have many sword characters, of which I doubt are going to feel different from each other (In Hyrule Warriors, to me it felt very repetitive no matter what character you picked). So to not only do that, but have zero knights and zero regular cavaliers is... dumb to me.

What was so hard about putting in Cain and Abel, exactly? If we're okay with so many sword-using infantry units (Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Lyn, Ryoma, Rowan, Lianna, and to an extent Celica, Robin, and Corrin), then what harm does an iconic sword cavalier do if he's added in the game? I mean, there aren't even interesting picks. The weirdest ones were Tiki and War Cleric Lissa. And they're in unique classes, which is cool, but they're it. There are no dark mages, no lancers, no sages, there are no kinshi or merchants, no griffons or tricksters, not a fighter to be found, not even a mercenary in a game with a million sword users, there is almost no class diversity in the game.

And why is it that they added Lyn, but not Hector? If Hector has a weapon type that is only used by Frederick and Lissa, both of which are not similar combat-wise to him, why would they not include him, and then include her? Is it because she's the poster-child for FE7's first 10 chapters? Or is it because she's popular? Both of those points shouldn't matter when: 1. There are too many sword users and 2. Hector may not be as popular (for some reason), but he still has lots of fans and is unique in comparison to (again) the mass of myrmidon characters.

I feel like Nintendo is going to abuse the weak point they have found in the FE fanbase: an absolute adoration of certain characters to the point of dumping mass amounts of money into purchasing a lackluster game and spending tons of cash on downloadable content and microtransactions. I mean, they didn't expect Super Mario Run to be beaten out by Heroes, and since it has done that by a large margin, Nintendo is milking this for all that it's worth, which makes perfect sense. So naturally, they left out things that really should be there so that we, as fans, will kill our wallets to gain characters that should have been there in the first place, like a basic cavalier (CAMUS WHYYYYY, Sully, Stahl, Cain, Abel, Silas) or a knight (Benny, Effie, Kellam, Draug).

I wanted this to be better than Hyrule Warriors, but really, the only reason I think this is better is because I like FE better. The Warriors series is just super boring and repetitive and I don't see why Nintendo has shown so much interest in partnering with the franchise. It feels like such a cash grab.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:31 AM, TheSS said:

I was expecting at least the knight to get a character in the story. Maybe Kellam gets added to the game with the other npc's but never gets announced. I can hold out hope, damnit.

Kellam is in the game, but as usual, no one can see him :P:

Wouldn't surprise me if the retainers are added at a later date.  I will keep dreaming!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the retainers are added at a later date.  I will keep dreaming!

I've heard some people suggest otherwise. That they were in the process of being added, but then Lyn and Celica came up and thus Navarre and Owain got canned for them. However this hypothesis doesn't explain Niles and Oboro getting dropped (Cordelia though I've also heard here on SF was a late addition, maybe Anna was another?).

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard some people suggest otherwise. That they were in the process of being added, but then Lyn and Celica came up and thus Navarre and Owain got canned for them. However this hypothesis doesn't explain Niles and Oboro getting dropped (Cordelia though I've also heard here on SF was a late addition, maybe Anna was another?).

At this point, my hopes and dreams are in a DLC pack.  Then again, the odds of my favorite characters being added are zero, so I shall carry the hopes and dreams of those who may have their favorites added!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah Cordy and Anna were also late additions according to the data so them replacing Niles and Oboro for them makes sense since both are more popular but still allow them to have those weapon types.

On 3.10.2017 at 10:54 PM, Azz said:

Yeah Cordy and Anna were also late additions according to the data so them replacing Niles and Oboro for them makes sense since both are more popular but still allow them to have those weapon types.

Huh? Which ones were late additions according to the data? I know Celica is (one Discord I'm on even states that she was such a late addition that when they were trying to make her as a magic user, she ended up too clunky and glitchy and so they copied Marth's moveset on her), and Lyn probably is.

I'd take Niles, Oboro, Owain and Navarre over Anna, Cordelia, Celica and Lyn. Actually, having both would be better, and I can't think of any reason that they'd "replace" characters who are already there as NPCs. What is this, Kirby (around 25 regular abilities most of the time) or Puyo Puyo (always 24 playable characters)?

Having only fliers as the only lance units is weird, and I can't think of any good reason that Celica would prefer sword over magic. She doesn't even have the Beloved Zofia!

9 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

I'd take Niles, Oboro, Owain and Navarre over Anna, Cordelia, Celica and Lyn. Actually, having both would be better, and I can't think of any reason that they'd "replace" characters who are already there as NPCs. What is this, Kirby (around 25 regular abilities most of the time) or Puyo Puyo (always 24 playable characters)?

Having only fliers as the only lance units is weird, and I can't think of any good reason that Celica would prefer sword over magic. She doesn't even have the Beloved Zofia!

Celica doesn't really use Tomes and casting from HP somewhat limits the spamability of magic in Gaiden and Echoes. Having her use her magic through Musou attacks actually kinda makes sense from that standpoint.

Someone on a Discord community apparently got hold of the LE artbook where the reason for Celica using swords is because she was one of the last characters added; they tried to make her work with a magic user moveset, but she was found to be very clunky and glitchy with it so she got swords instead in order to finish her in time.