FE: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror: Rebirth - Arc 1 (IC)

NoahStratos

Tomas heard a voice. He tilted his head upwards to see who it was. Someone from Valentia was looking down on him. He wanted two simple- questions: why was he here and who was he?

Tomas is free to post.

Meanwhile Anna noticed William curling up like a pangolin and asked him, “What’s wrong?”

A forest of trees can be heard rustling in the distance.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William had hardly noticed Anna's voice, but it, combined with rustling, and all that surrounded them, he found himself shaking back out of his thoughts. "Huh? What?" William leaned more on the lance, before pulling it from under himself. He could stand perfectly well now, and he was in good shape. Still, he wasn't sure what Anna asked. "Can you repeat that? I was too busy thinking and wondering – My apologies."

Having been knocked out by some strange force was not something on Tomas's to-do list, and in fact, neither was showing up spontaneously in what was definitely not Archanea. Coming to was most definitely a baffling moment when a mage was hovering above his head, making him let out a noise of surprise. "It's not really the best idea to stand over people who are sleeping." He comments, getting up and brushing some dirt off of his clothes. "...That aside, who are you, and where are we? This land not a part of Archanea I'm familiar with... Presuming we're still there, which I hope we are."

Anna looked a little bothered. “Why did you sit on the ground for a good five minutes? Something bad happened, eh?”

As William tries to explain his cause, a woman with blue hair was resting under a tree. A branch above her snapped and down came a man that had lived a couple millennia away from her. The impact woke both of them up. The woman, Elice wiped her eyes to see clearly and noticed Merric and Marth was gone. The other, Brady, tumbled away from her body and landed face up on the soil-covered forest floor.

Elice is free to post.

Brady is free to post.

Boey

The archer finally woke up, with a comment about Boey's actions. ''Excuse me? I tried waking you up, but you wouldn't, so I thought to use your herbs, to help you feel better'' Boey looked around. ''Is that where we are? Archanea? I have never been there, all I know is that it's a land to the southeast of Valentia, which is where I am from. My name is Boey.''

Brady

Brady pulled himself from the forest ground, and tried to gather where he was from his surroundings. Odd, just where had Naga placed him in Ylisse? Was he even still there? "Rougher landin' than I'd hoped. Ain't nothing I can't get over."

Brady turned his attention to the other people surrounding him, and bowed, as his mother taught him was customary. "Greetings. Ya can call me Brady. Might I ask what part of Ylisse I arrived in? Ain't any part I'm particularly used to..."

Elice

It was a clear night in Altea, no star to be seen, she, Marth and Merric were talking about the War of Heroes, about what happened to their comrades, speculating of what might have happened to the many disappeared. Many stories were told and many moments were revived, they were all sharing a good time, until the topic of the mindcontrol was brought up, Elice had no problem talking about this, and always loved talking about how her beloved Merric rescued her, she remembered every word he told her, but that particular night she got a headache talking about it... She told Marth and Merric she was going to lay down... her eyes slowly closed... BANG!!!

A branch hit her head, and suddently she found herself in a new universe, "This isn't the palace... Where am I?" She thought to herself... There were other people around her, most unknown faces, exept for the red-haired woman and the man next to her... they both seemed oddly familiar, she noticed the Mend Staff she had was still with her. She got up holding her hurt head, " Excuse me... I am Elice, Princess of Altea... Might I know where I find myself?"

Anna

Anna was thinking about what to say to the two healers. “So, what brings you here? Did something odd happened? You’re now in Levfia, and we might be running out of chat time. How about a quick introduction to these three fellows here?”

Jake

Jake walked over to the shrubbery that Boey and Tomas were near. “What are you two doing here? It’s not a good idea to hang out in the open. Anyways, we should head back to where the others are located. Follow me, OK?”

Brady

"Odd, eh? One minute I'm followin' Lucina through Naga's portal, the next, I'm findin' myself here." Brady shook his head, and and shrugged. "Anywho, like I said, ya can call me Brady, and I'd like ta get back ta Ylisse soon. Future ain't gonna save itself with me just standin' around."

Edited by 「Nil」

Tomas

Tomas had taken a little bit to think of how to respond to Boey, about to make a response before another person walked over and interrupted him, but it seemed interesting enough to warrant answering first. "...Others?" He couldn't help but be curious. If there were other people here, could Prince Marth perhaps be among them...? "If there are others who have been taken from their lands, meeting them is surely wise. But before that, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tomas. A pleasure to meet the both of you, Boey and..." He pauses, definitely expecting an introduction back from Jake.

Anna

Anna gave an uneasy look. “Have no clue what Ylisse is, though I might be concerned about you just showing up in the middle of nowhere. Would you be able to join our warriors? By the way, do you know anything about the new guy that just fell just an half an hour ago?” Anna directs Brady’s attention to William.

Anna then turned to Elice and states, “Do we need to bring you along, miss? You seem to be troubled.”

Jake

Jake introduces himself to Tomas and Boey. “I’m a different Jake from the one where you said you were living in. Nice meeting you. How about the one with the white hair? Does he have anything to say?”

''Yes, my name is Boey. Nice to meet you. I'm a mage from Valentia, though I don't know what you are talking about. A different Jake? Are there supposed to multiple of you? And where are we, if I might ask?''

Elice

"Levfia... I have never heard of it before... But you... you are Anna, am I correct? I feel like I have seen you before... Are Marth and Merric here too? And what is the trouble miss? I'll gladly help... but first I need answers... I hope you understand..." Elice then quickly looked around, trying to find someone she might have known, a green haired Archer seemed familiar, but she couldn't seem to remember who he was.

Anna

Anna nodded slowly. “Yes, I’m Anna. We have these four humans here and we’re here to defend Levfia. Merric and Marth, you said as well? Rings a bell doesn’t it?”

Jake

“Yeah, there’s many of us. But that’s another story. You two are in Levfia for now. I’m bringing you to my wife, a different Anna, to you to meet up. Let’s go.”

Jake urges Boey and Tomas to follow his lead.

The sky meanwhile is turning a light tinge of violet.

Chapter 1: Random Encounters

Jake returns with the two men in hand, with Anna. Anna had already passed the Bronze Sword over to Gabriella.
Anna announces the predicament. “We’ve got everybody right? First off, I’d like to say, I’m surprised by your appearance. Make sure no one is left behind or else—”

A demonic wailing sound can be heard in the distance.

Jake cursed. “The hell? Where did that come from?”

Anna got out a compass. It jerked wildly in the north direction. “I can sense a town being overwhelmed by… yikes, the readings are off the charts. Should we all investigate?”
Jake starts to shiver.

(OOC Note: The chapter title might be too large. Sorry if it's not consistent.)

Raven groans. "Great, not even 10 minutes into being here, and already we have problems." He looks over at the pale, middle-aged cadaver close to Jake. "What the hell are you doing with a dead body?" He shook his head and made hand binoculars when he approached Anna's side.

Brady

"Ya might want ta ask me after we do something about yer problem over there. Ain't doing anyone any good by doing nothing." Brady clasps the staff in his hand, and looks back. "Can't do much, but I sure as hell can mend you up if yer hurt."

William

"What in the–" William was immediately lost, confused, and unsure what was going on. What was that wailing? What was happening?

... This wasn't the time to get lost in thought. This wasn't the time to lose himself. Something was going on, and he needed to be alert. Not his strong suit...

Jake

Jake stared at Raven in suspicion. “You sure about that? Because the body I’m hauling around died a few hours ago. Don’t mind carrying this for me? If not, maybe the others can take care of it.”

Anna

Anna nudged William slightly. “No time to waste, sir. We need to get moving as soon as possible. How about it?”

Gabriella

Gabriella took the Bronze Sword, it was the first time she hold an actual sword, "What am I supposed to do with this, seconds ago I was fighting with an umbrella! Also WHAT DO YOU MEAN INVESTIGATE?! I need to go get my red ribbons first! New people means new guys to impress! ALSO I'M TIRED OF FIGHTING ANNA! CAN'T I JUST GO TO MY ROOM AND LIKE, HIDE OR SOMETHING?!"

Elice

Elice turned to Gabriella, "Such hatred... Tell me young woman... why act like this? I'll gladly help you Anna, if you need to." Gabriella glared at Elice with an angry face, Elice however stood still, showing no responce.

Chuks

Tons of strange people arrived. What is happening here? Is this what happened to Chuks, too? He doesn't understand any of this anymore. It was all so simple, living in Africa. But, it looks like it's time to fight... again.

Boey

''I found these tomes.... I normally don't use tomes, but these seem like they could be very useful, since my spells won't work.''

Raven looks directly at Jake. "Can't you just bury it? Sooner or later, it's going to decay, and we'll all wish we were him. Besides, it's not like he's coming back..." Looking at Elice, Raven remembers a story he heard. "... Is he?" Raven shook his head and drew his sword. "Ready when you two are."

Tomas

Upon hearing his name called, Tomas almost seems to jump a little bit. "...Sorry, never had to deal with anything like this before. I'm ready to move out. But she, uh..." He looks over at Kyodaina, snapping his fingers a few times in front of her face. No reaction. "...I think she's asleep? To think she can be asleep while standing up like that... Regardless, I'll be making sure she doesn't fall too far behind. How long was she even asleep for if she's this tired...?" And now comes the awkward task of Tomas pulling a now-sleepwalking Kyodaina along.

Gabriella 

No responce came to Gabriella, she wasn't used to this, ignoring her... was almost a crime to her, if not one! She crossed her amrs angrily, "Fine I'll come along..." she isolated herself from the group and started walking alone, her head was down and she was murmuring to herself, probably insults... not seeing where she was going, Gabriella was seconds from hitting a tree... until... "Watch out!" Elice runned up to Gabriella and stopped her, once Gabriella looked up she was inches from hitting the tree, she looked at Elice (Which was holding her arm) for a second and then ... "Release me!" she shouted as she slapped Elice's hand off her arm, after that she went back to her "angry" state and continued to walk alone.

Elice

Elice did not seem angry with this, she looked sad for a moment but that quickly changed as she started smiling again, "One day... she'll change... I know it..." she thought to herself. She looked behind her and saw a green haired archer which seemed familiar, he definitely had an Archanean look to him... but she couldn't remember him.

Anna

The red-headed merchant looks around. “Is that everyone? Move out!”

11:30, Scybellian Cliffs

The heroes are close to the town of Scybelle, an area higher in altitude than Anna’s hometown. Rumbling sounds vibrated through the fields as Anna and company drew closer. A horde of flying monsters roam across the skies.

Jake looks at the enemy army ahead. “Looks like foreign denizens to me.”

Anna says, “There is no chance that they’ll treat us warmly. The rest of you go fight while we go watch. Got it?”

The rest of the group look onward in unease as the town gets closer and closer to their point of view…

Chapter 1 Battle: Random Encounters

Spoiler

e1eb4874627fb85bd465bbaee596a4c2.png

Map in spoiler.

Main Objective: Defeat Mogall, Blade Knight, Poochyena, and Stalfos
Second Objective: Examine the whole area for resources

Blue units are place-able inside the blue border.

Spoiler

Red Units:
Mage - Lv1 - Fire - 18 HP - T18
Soldier - Lv1 - Bronze Lance - 15 HP - C6
Fighter - Lv1 - Bronze Axe - 20 HP - R7
Mercenary - Lv1 - Bronze Sword - 17 HP - L2
Mogall - Lv2 - Evil Eye - 17 HP - N6
Blade Knight - Lv2 - Bronze Sword - 18 HP - M11
Stalfos - Lv2 - Bronze Sword - 19 HP - H4
Poochyena - Lv2 - Tackle - 17 HP - F11
More details in spreadsheet.

(OOC Note: I would've used the GBA/DS Pokémon sprites... if it weren't for mons like Aegislash and Kartana...)